PDA

View Full Version : Abs/Core question

LaLaNoble
07-17-2014, 09:06 AM
So, I had 2 babies back-to-back and during those years, I didn't really "stay healthy" during or after the pregnancies. Now that I've been back and focused on eating right and working out hard... I'm starting to wonder if my core (abs) will ever be the same. I'm not saying that I want a perfect 6-pack or anything, but it feels like my abs "separated" a bit and my entire midsection/core seems to not be getting stronger. Has anybody else experienced this feeling after birth, or is it just me?

Also, what do you think the best exercises to help strengthen back my core?

Cara0915
07-17-2014, 10:25 AM
You more than likely have diastasis. You can probably fix it slightly but you probably won't be able to totally correct it without surgery. Start doing stomach vacuums and planks. Stay far away from traditional crunches and sit ups, as they can make it worse.
Do you also have extra skin? If so that would require surgery if you wanted it gone. But you may be able to improve the appearance by losing any extra body fat and gaining muscle to fill out the skin. Although it's hard to say without seeing pics