PDA

View Full Version : The 5 Most Dangerous Guns in America

NOVACommute
07-15-2014, 02:40 PM
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/pictures/the-5-most-dangerous-guns-in-america-20140714

"Popular among handgun-owners, pistols are defined by their built-in barrel and short stock."
As they would say in the big misc... uwotm8?

Don't forget to read the comments. Some laugh worthy stuff in there!

A little more of the hard hitting journosomethingism:
"Additionally, the explosive that creates the energy to fire the gun occurs in the fixed shell of a shotgun rather than the metallic cartridge of a rifle."

iabs
07-15-2014, 02:42 PM
love it how they smoothly transition you to an article about school shootings right after.

MarkDL
07-15-2014, 02:44 PM
http://lwtc247.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/get-a-brain-morans.jpg

Wow, they could have saved a lot of times and just posted "Guns bad".

Magnumtripod
07-15-2014, 02:44 PM
Wait..... So all this time I've could've gotten a pistol with a built in barrel?

NOVACommute
07-15-2014, 02:47 PM
love it how they smoothly transition you to an article about school shootings right after.
Yeah... I noticed that too.

Wait..... So all this time I've could've gotten a pistol with a built in barrel?
I'm going to have to write Springfield Armory and tell them that my pistol (which is popular with handgun owners) is broken. Whenever I clean it, the barrel is loose!

Magnumtripod
07-15-2014, 02:51 PM
Yeah... I noticed that too.

I'm going to have to write Springfield Armory and tell them that my pistol (which is popular with handgun owners) is broken. Whenever I clean it, the barrel is loose!

That's a safety hazard. They'd have a heck of a law suit on their hands if the barrel fell out while you were shooting

SP1966
07-15-2014, 03:11 PM
The illusion of safety can be purchased on the same aisle as the Kook-Aid!

MarkDL
07-15-2014, 03:16 PM
The illusion of safety can be purchased on the same aisle as the Kook-Aid!

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/attachments/concealed-open-carry/36284d1347227392-fyi-users-taurus-security-key-hoot.jpg

Corbi
07-15-2014, 03:49 PM
What a fukkin crock of an article, the list of the 5 most dangerous guns simply listed each class and it should be no surprise that I own at least 1 of each class :D

Good thing is nobody reads Rolling Stone.

Brackneyc
07-15-2014, 04:24 PM
What a fukkin crock of an article, the list of the 5 most dangerous guns simply listed each class and it should be no surprise that I own at least 1 of each class :D

Good thing is nobody reads Rolling Stone.

I don't have a Derringer, but I have several representations of the other 4.

Plateauplower
07-15-2014, 04:37 PM
No such thing, they are just tools, inanimate objects. What's next the 5 most dangerous hammers someone just clobbered someone with one of those around here.

rokmunky
07-15-2014, 04:48 PM
So, if guns kill people... does my pencil misspell words?

SP1966
07-15-2014, 04:57 PM
http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/attachments/concealed-open-carry/36284d1347227392-fyi-users-taurus-security-key-hoot.jpg

I have no idea what this image means in reply? :confused:

Brackneyc
07-15-2014, 04:58 PM
So, if guns kill people... does my pencil misspell words?

I'd answer this, but my fork is loading up another bite of food.

Brackneyc
07-15-2014, 04:59 PM
I have no idea what this image means in reply? :confused:

Gang sign? IDK

eomrat
07-15-2014, 07:41 PM
I have got to get my hands on one of those shotguns with rotating barrels.

SP1966
07-15-2014, 08:04 PM
I have got to get my hands on one of those shotguns with rotating barrels.

Now with even more awesome:

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/96/0c/06/960c0619ba795db1b24f4b63946f58df.jpg

Though it would be even extra awesome if it were a gatling gun.

LMS62
07-15-2014, 09:27 PM
The biggest problem with most people within the anti-gun crowd is that they have no clue about guns....yet they want to ban or restrict them. I have to laugh whenever I see or hear an AR-15 described as a "high powered assault rife". First, a semi-automatic is not an assault rife, and secondly, the .223 or 5.56 round is NOT a high power round. It's interesting that there are people who want to ban things they know absolutely nothing about.

Brackneyc
07-15-2014, 09:43 PM
The biggest problem with most people within the anti-gun crowd is that they have no clue about guns....yet they want to ban or restrict them. I have to laugh whenever I see or hear an AR-15 described as a "high powered assault rife". First, a semi-automatic is not an assault rife, and secondly, the .223 or 5.56 round is NOT a high power round. It's interesting that there are people who want to ban things they know absolutely nothing about.

The AR may not be the most powerful, but it is damn fun to shoot, and I am most accurate with mine.

LMS62
07-15-2014, 11:22 PM
The AR may not be the most powerful, but it is damn fun to shoot, and I am most accurate with mine.
Fun to shoot is an understatement! My wife and I have several, and every few weeks we take them out to the desert for a half-day of fun. Then of course we break out the tannerite.....and it takes a day or so afterwards for me to get the silly smile off my face, lol.

mingrey02stg2
07-15-2014, 11:33 PM

This. Makes me cringe so hard.

iJmFEv6BHM0

sumolgi
07-16-2014, 12:12 AM
That's a safety hazard. They'd have a heck of a law suit on their hands if the barrel fell out while you were shooting

The manufacturers are pretty well insulated. Just ask Remington. The 700 has been an issue for almost 70 years and is finally being recalled to replace the trigger mechanisms after multiple deaths... sad thing over a nickel in production costs really...

jeffaus
07-16-2014, 03:41 AM
and it takes a day or so afterwards for me to get the silly smile off my face, lol.And would your current AVI be one such occasion?

:D

GoatNapper
07-16-2014, 03:43 AM
i think the guns in my AVI are the most deadly lol

so-tex
07-16-2014, 03:56 AM
The manufacturers are pretty well insulated. Just ask Remington. The 700 has been an issue for almost 70 years and is finally being recalled to replace the trigger mechanisms after multiple deaths... sad thing over a nickel in production costs really...

Hmm. I own several 700's and never have had trigger issues. In fact, I have lightened the trigger pull on a few. I will be patiently waiting for my recall notice.

JediRN
07-16-2014, 04:00 AM
how did this one not make the list

http://static.uglyhedgehog.com/upload/2013/1/22/1358861641229-24vljic.jpg

or maybe

http://cdn5.gunssavelives.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/zip_gun-550x412-300x224.jpg

and this one is just confusing

WARNING: Only for children 3 and up. (of course)
[Damn liberals, telling me how to raise my kids...when will they stop?]

http://www.funckr.com/genimg.aspx?fn=penisshapedwaterg_2173.jpg

so-tex
07-16-2014, 04:06 AM
Fun to shoot is an understatement! My wife and I have several, and every few weeks we take them out to the desert for a half-day of fun. Then of course we break out the tannerite.....and it takes a day or so afterwards for me to get the silly smile off my face, lol.

Ahh, another tannerite lover. I'm surprised at how easy this stuff is to obtain. I love blowing sh!t up with it as well. :)

so-tex
07-16-2014, 04:15 AM

High powered, no. Lethal, yes. I love my 223. My favorite deer rifles are my 22-250, and my new .204. People laugh at me when I leave my 30-06 at home and I return the favor when those jackasses wound a deer with the same or simalar caliber.:)

ironwill2008
07-16-2014, 04:34 AM
"Rolling Stone" should stick to the only thing they're halfway good at--- printing articles about Madonna and Britney Spears.

NorwichGrad
07-16-2014, 05:56 AM

HAHAHAHA!!! Brilliant!

This is from the movie 'Black Hawk Down.'

They're in the chow hall (Din Fac for you flyboys.)

The Major (from the 75th Rangers) was giving the Delta Force Operator $hit because his weapon is not in 'safety'.. The selector switch was on 'fire.'

The Operator replies 'Safety? This is my safety.' (Hence he is showing his trigger finger..)

MarkDL
07-16-2014, 07:11 AM
Yea that.

NOVACommute
07-16-2014, 07:30 AM
The five most widely viewed bb.com forums:
1. Main Forums
2. Specifically for you
3. More General Categories
4. Latest Bodybuilding Issues
5. Misc.

...in all fairness to Rolling Stone... As pointed out earlier, they didn't include gatling guns... nor did they include chain guns, smoothbore cannons, hot-glue guns, squirt guns, or Pop Tart guns. ... sons of guns... Pistol Annies...

I'm still looking for the stock on my pistol. I have yet to find it... it must be really really REALLY short.

Halfway
07-16-2014, 10:19 AM
Unfortunately I live in the epicenter of low information voters who actually take these articles seriously. With the huge increase in "youth" crime around the malls and gym area I'd be CCW if I could but those same voters have the gun grabbers running the show so I can't carry my dangerous pistol outside in case it escapes and kills someone

http://blog.sfgate.com/crime/2014/06/06/san-leandro-mob-attacks-prompt-wilding-task-force/

Trying to drive off with your car with your baby in back while a mob attacks you and your wife.. Only a Bay Area voter resident would consider that not an appropriate case for the use of deadly force.

Brackneyc
07-16-2014, 11:06 AM
Unfortunately I live in the epicenter of low information voters who actually take these articles seriously. With the huge increase in "youth" crime around the malls and gym area I'd be CCW if I could but those same voters have the gun grabbers running the show so I can't carry my dangerous pistol outside in case it escapes and kills someone

http://blog.sfgate.com/crime/2014/06/06/san-leandro-mob-attacks-prompt-wilding-task-force/

Trying to drive off with your car with your baby in back while a mob attacks you and your wife.. Only a Bay Area voter resident would consider that not an appropriate case for the use of deadly force.

Where do you live that you cannot get a CCW permit?

EjnarKolinkar
07-16-2014, 12:25 PM
Im still trying to get some 22lr ammo...

Lmao @ equipped with barrel still

LMS62
07-16-2014, 12:43 PM
Im still trying to get some 22lr ammo...

Lmao @ equipped with barrel still
You may want to try gunbot.net
Once you get into the site, click on 22lr and it will list out the online retailers that have it in stock, and price per round. The site refreshes every 5 to 10 minutes so it stays up-to-date.

The only catch is that if you find it at a decent price (which these days is anything under 12 cents per round) you have to be Johnny On The Spot with ordering it, because the retailers sell out fairly quickly.

Halfway
07-16-2014, 04:04 PM
Where do you live that you cannot get a CCW permit?

Alameda County

"II. POLICY: The Sheriff's Office recognizes that there may be circumstances that justify the issuance of a concealed weapon license; however, it also recognizes the potential for the use of deadly force and the grave responsibility that goes with the granting of that privilege. Carrying a concealed weapon is a privilege, not a right. The issuance of a Concealed Weapon License is at the discretion of the Sheriff. "

"the policy statement of ALCO Sheriff, they require a $1 million liability insurance policy"

The anti gun nuts are fighting the federal court decision tooth and nail in the Bay Area

Unless you're an anti-gun celebrity with a violent criminal record like Sean Penn, or a high profile anti gun campaigner or politican you aren't getting a CCW.. not until the Court ruling is forcibly rammed down the collective throats of the anti-gun Sheriffs in the bay.

Brackneyc
07-16-2014, 04:57 PM
Alameda County

Sorry about that. It does appear however that they are taking steps to correct that. California leaves me shaking my head most of the time.

bcop
07-16-2014, 08:50 PM
Instead of listing specific guns, she lists categories of guns.

She made a fool of herself.