PDA

View Full Version : Improved scoring/judging criteria?

wala
07-15-2014, 01:31 PM
Does anyone know if there's going to be improvements to the judging criteria of this division?

Currently it's pretty much got nothing to give the competitors anything to achieve in order to know they stand a shot of winning - It's pretty much a big guess as to who wins?!

Even the current MP Olympia doesn't look any different from the other guys competing. If any of 10 different guys won, I wouldn't be able to argue for or against! I think mandatory poses showing more of the physique itself would be a good start..

bartosh
07-15-2014, 03:48 PM
I think that as MP progresses, there will become an established few "top" physiques that will set the standards. Once that happens, people will know better what to look for and the judging criteria can improve. I think it just needs some time (3-5 years)

I do think there ARE differences in competitors though. Like sadik's ridiculously tiny waist/obliques, or steeve cooks chest genetics. Also, it really depends on how much the judges want to stress the "personality/presentation/stage presence" aspect of MP.

wala
07-18-2014, 06:36 AM
Also, it really depends on how much the judges want to stress the "personality/presentation/stage presence" aspect of MP.

It's funny that this part of the judging is in there considering it's all supposed to be about the physique, hence the name 'Men's Physique'

I've heard even the competitors want a more controlled judging system that can actually be measured a little better.

Shredthetics
07-19-2014, 12:36 AM
I agree that over time certain physiques will stagnant/keep high-er placings showing what the judges truly want.
Also heard from a good friend of a judge there is talk about changing the shorts' length in the near future thankfully lol

togetherweand56
07-30-2015, 01:20 PM
not sure sorry