PDA

View Full Version : Explosion of Money Supply since 1971

NorwichGrad
07-15-2014, 10:04 AM
Interesting graph.

http://orrinwoodwardblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/fig-3-us-national-debt-money-supply-vs-cpi.jpg

So in 1913 the Federal Reserve was established. Only problem is there is nothing ‘Federal’ about it, and they have no ‘reserve.’ The Federal Reserve is actually made up of 8 PRIVATELY owned banks – 5 of which are European owned. (Thank you, President Wilson.)

Then Nixon took the US off gold standard in 1971 when Bretton Woods act ended.. And look what happened. It seems as though having a gold standard at one time in our history controlled the inflation of money supply.

This year, for the first time in US history, the national debt is actually greater than the GDP. The sad thing is that the debt is actually closer to 100 TRILLION, if we take unfunded liabilities like social security, and other social programs into account.. (Unfunded liabilities is like your mortgage, bros.. You ‘only’ pay so much per month, but reality is that you will pay this amount in 30 years.)

All this bull$hit about ‘well, oh…inflation is only 4%, blah, blah, blah’ is pure bull$hit.. They don’t take into account the ‘non-core’ items like food, fuel, and energy because we don’t need to eat, drive to work, or stay warm in the winter months.. The average inflation of these three are averaging 30% a year!!

We, as individual ‘nobodys’ (at least in the eyes of the politicians and 0.01% ultra-wealthy elites), may not be able to do anything to fix the top of the pyramid. But we can certainly do our part in the bottom of the pyramid.

First, we can eliminate our personal debts.. Phuck banks and their fractional reserve bull$hit.. We gotta change our culture of instant gratification and go back to the way older Americans used to think about delayed gratification. This ‘keeping up with the Jones’ bull$hit is part of the problem.. The sad thing is that why keep up with them? Because the Joneses are also broke like the rest of us.

Second, we gotta view money (FIAT money, to be exact) as a TOOL to help others and NOT as a master to control our lives.. Personally, I have become a lot more stress-free when I changed my view on money as far as using it to help others. And NO, brahs, just like most Americans, I also have debt.

Third, this has nothing to do with money. But get to know your neighbors and make friends with as many people as we can.. (Hanging out on facebook or bb.com does not count.) When $hit really hits the fan, we have to rely on our brick-and-mortar community members, as they will rely on us. The federal and state levels are phucked up.. But we can still make a difference at the local level.

Anyway, I’d love to hear your opinions.

NOVACommute
07-15-2014, 11:05 AM
All this bull$hit about ‘well, oh…inflation is only 4%, blah, blah, blah’ is pure bull$hit.. They don’t take into account the ‘non-core’ items like food, fuel, and energy because we don’t need to eat, drive to work, or stay warm in the winter months.. The average inflation of these three are averaging 30% a year!!

http://www.bls.gov/cpi/cpiqa.htm#Question_1
"Has the BLS removed food or energy prices in its official measure of inflation?"

If you follow the link, you'll see that the Bureau of Labor Statistics answers this question with a 'NO! ...but...'
"...the "core" CPI, is closely watched by many economic analysts and policymakers under the belief that food and energy prices are volatile and are subject to price shocks that cannot be damped through monetary policy."

Emphasis mine. I don't know when the measurements changed to not have food and energy in the Core CPI. However, whenever it was changed, means the government is comparing apples and oranges if they use today's Core CPI against yesteryear's data. "Figures lie and liars figure."

Third, this has nothing to do with money. But get to know your neighbors and make friends with as many people as we can.. (Hanging out on facebook or bb.com does not count.) When $hit really hits the fan, we have to rely on our brick-and-mortar community members, as they will rely on us. The federal and state levels are phucked up.. But we can still make a difference at the local level.

Agreed, which is why I want to live in the country when I retire. Right now I live in Northern Virginia where a large percent of the population believes that government is god. I have little in common with the few neighbors I've had interaction with. Also, I have a lot of neighbors. Getting to know all of them on a personal level would be more hassel than it's worth.

Fishman15
07-15-2014, 11:24 AM
What a mess we're in...

NorwichGrad
07-15-2014, 11:40 AM
http://www.bls.gov/cpi/cpiqa.htm#Question_1
"Has the BLS removed food or energy prices in its official measure of inflation?"

If you follow the link, you'll see that the Bureau of Labor Statistics answers this question with a 'NO! ...but...'
"...the "core" CPI, is closely watched by many economic analysts and policymakers under the belief that food and energy prices are volatile and are subject to price shocks that cannot be damped through monetary policy."

Emphasis mine. I don't know when the measurements changed to not have food and energy in the Core CPI. However, whenever it was changed, means the government is comparing apples and oranges if they use today's Core CPI against yesteryear's data. "Figures lie and liars figure."

Agreed, which is why I want to live in the country when I retire. Right now I live in Northern Virginia where a large percent of the population believes that government is god. I have little in common with the few neighbors I've had interaction with. Also, I have a lot of neighbors. Getting to know all of them on a personal level would be more hassel than it's worth.

I love eating fruits.. Believe it or not, I started looking into this inflation thingy when the price of one Sunkist from California matched that of one mango from Guatemala and one coconut from the Philippines. They were all a dollar each.. My brain thought 'something is not right. How can a domestic fruit cost as much as imported fruits?'

We are like frogs in boiling water.. The water may still be lukewarm, but we know the heating elements to boil it are at max power, and most of us IN THAT WATER are thinking 'wow, this water feels great'...

I live in the country.. I actually talked to my neighbor (he lives 50 yards away) yesterday about doing some kind of a block party just so we can get to know our community better.. Case in point, my other neighbor (150 yards away), his wife sadly passed away a year ago, and nobody in that neighborhood even know until this week.. WE MUST STRENGHTEN OUR COMMUNITY IF WE EXPECT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE AT THE LOCAL LEVEL.. Just like in the old days, when Americans truly watched out for each other.. I am 100% convinced that the change America needs must come from the grassroots level..

NorwichGrad
07-15-2014, 11:47 AM
What a mess we're in...

Yessir.. It's a big mess we're in..

But we have to be honest with ourselves and accept the fact that the Citizens screwed up by creating the government we now have..

It's easy for the ordinary Citizen to just say, "Oh, there is a problem. The government should pass laws to take care of this." This mentality goes for both sides.

The government needs to do less, and We the People need to do more.. We have abandoned our civic responsibilities.. And it doesn't take a majority to make a difference.. With 300 plus million Americans, I refuse to believe there are no 21st century Washington, Jefferson, Franklin, etc... amongst our ranks.. We have to take the lead... There is a huge deficit of leaders in America.. They are out there.. They just gotta get pissed off enough to come out and answer the call.

bustasinclair
07-15-2014, 11:53 AM
It's funny....well, not funny, but it's interesting to note that in 2001, I made a prediction that by the year 2020, there would be another Civil War. This time, it won't be South vs North, but haves vs have-nots. It appears that I may not be far off from my prediction....

I have been guilty myself of staring at the shiny object instead of critical thinking about our state of affairs, but it seems so much like a runaway train. I'm not convinced it can be stopped. I'm sure I'm wrong though.

theKurp
07-15-2014, 12:42 PM
The government needs to do less, and We the People need to do more.. We have abandoned our civic responsibilities.. And it doesn't take a majority to make a difference.. With 300 plus million Americans, I refuse to believe there are no 21st century Washington, Jefferson, Franklin, etc... amongst our ranks.. We have to take the lead... There is a huge deficit of leaders in America.. They are out there.. They just gotta get pissed off enough to come out and answer the call.

Good luck with that. This generation, and the one right behind it, have their faces stuck in computers, smartphones, and video games.

NorwichGrad
07-15-2014, 01:00 PM
It's funny....well, not funny, but it's interesting to note that in 2001, I made a prediction that by the year 2020, there would be another Civil War. This time, it won't be South vs North, but haves vs have-nots. It appears that I may not be far off from my prediction....

I have been guilty myself of staring at the shiny object instead of critical thinking about our state of affairs, but it seems so much like a runaway train. I'm not convinced it can be stopped. I'm sure I'm wrong though.

What's interesting is that in 1997, after graduating college, one of my colleague who was already in his late 50s (he retired just recently) made the same prediction you did.. It is very likely. It happened in Russia in the early 1900s, and we are kidding ourselves if we don't believe it could happen in the good ol US of A because we're Mercans.

The middle class is shrinking FAST.. We are getting squeezed by two fronts:

One front is the group of people who rely on government assistants.. I don't want to call them 'poor' because they're not poor economically, just poor in thinking.. They are more like slugs.. This group rely on government assistants (courtesy of the American taxpayers, of course). This group is roughly 40% of non-taxpayers.. Once this group reaches 51%, watch out.. The mob will rule.. Can you say Somalia or other third-world chaos?

On the other front is the super-wealthy.. I'm not talking about the middle class people who busted their asses to hit their first million dollars. I'm talking about the ultra-rich who have made special deals with the government. This group of 1% of the wealthy DO NOT produce, but yet they are able to keep their wealth, courtesy, once again, of the working middle class.

So these are the two fronts, both 'funded' by our own government..

The government's role is supposed to be an unbiased umpire.. No special deals, period..

It's like playing 'king of the hill' as kids. The fastest and strongest kid will usually knock off the existing king. The problem is that the referee (government) has made it impossible for all players to go up that hill by placing 100-lb sand bags behind their back (laws, regulations, etc...)

In a true, free and just society, Bustasinclair and NorwichGrad should have the opportunity to compete head-on with the Rockefellers, DuPonts, and Carnegies of America, as long as we have better ideas than them.. This is why the right to private ownership is such a powerful incentive because properties are the fruit of our labor and thinking..

Thankfully, we still have some opportunities left in the US.. For example, guys like Bill Gates and the founder of facebook and twitter basically created their own hill..

NorwichGrad
07-15-2014, 01:38 PM
Good luck with that. This generation, and the one right behind it, have their faces stuck in computers, smartphones, and video games.

Thank you.. I don’t disagree with you.

The problem with our thinking is that we always seem to focus on average data. I say phuck the average because that is the sure way to mediocrity. We should ask ourselves, “What is the exception? And what are they doing?” The exceptions should be the standard.

There are many bright, exceptional kids out there. And they are what they are, and they have become what they have become because they have outstanding parents. How do I know this? Because I coach them.

You wanna hear some scary youth-related quotes from scary people responsible for killing millions of people?

“He alone who owns the youth gains the future.”
- Hitler

“Give me just one generation of youth, and I’ll transform the whole world.”
- Lenin

Leadership is influence. We can positively influence the youth by first becoming the best parents we can be. We have to hold ourselves to high standards, and we have to hold other people around us to the same standard. Whomever quoted the old saying ‘a strong family is the fabric of a strong society’ ain’t $hitting. Greatness begins with the Individual, and we are all capable of doing great things.

bradandblake
07-15-2014, 01:48 PM
The money supply won't be a problem, IMO, as long as technology continues to advance as fast as the money supply.