PDA

View Full Version : Our trip down the peace river

frozensparky
07-14-2014, 11:14 AM
Saturday morning we loaded up some trucks and went to where the halfway river meets the peace. It's an annual event called paddle the peace.

The actual event is about a 2 hour paddle but we decided to go all the way to peace island park where our trailers were parked. Took us about 11 hours, 4 cases of twisted teas, 5 cases of beer and a bottle of vodka.

Weather was beautiful and even though we all got sunburnt, flipped a few kayaks and yes I fell out of our canoe once we all made it safe and sound and had a blast.

Had to wait to link my camera with the computer to get photos off. Best part of the trip was no cell service for 11 hours. Left it in the trailer for the day.

http://i.imgur.com/ZwSZgCA.png

http://i.imgur.com/deBSL3r.png

http://i.imgur.com/1zRcjZY.png

http://i.imgur.com/h8TfszW.png

http://i.imgur.com/mvPVffS.png

StressMonkey
07-14-2014, 11:51 AM
Had to wait to link my camera with the computer to get photos off. Best part of the trip was no cell service for 11 hours. Left it in the trailer for the day.

Sounds like hell on earth.

:)

ColoDano
07-14-2014, 01:58 PM
Looks like fun! Haven't been up that far in B.C, hoping to get out to Salmon Arm in a few weeks for some boating though.

paolo59
07-14-2014, 02:01 PM
Looks like a whole lot of fun! We used to float down the Illinois River in Oklahoma when I was a kid, on inner-tubes!

frozensparky
07-14-2014, 02:16 PM
Sounds like hell on earth.
:)

Got back and had about 10 missed work calls and not one really had to be made before Monday. Was great to leave it behind.

Looks like fun! Haven't been up that far in B.C, hoping to get out to Salmon Arm in a few weeks for some boating though.

Love Salmon Arm. I grew up in the kamloops area so I played a lot of ball there as well as golf.

Looks like a whole lot of fun! We used to float down the Illinois River in Oklahoma when I was a kid, on inner-tubes!

We did the same thing. Our parents would drive us up to east Barriere lake and we would float the river down to my friends house right in the middle of town.

StressMonkey
07-15-2014, 05:48 AM
Got back and had about 10 missed work calls and not one really had to be made before Monday. Was great to leave it behind.

Blech. Now I see your point!

acrawlingchaos
07-16-2014, 09:53 AM
Sounds like hell on earth.If by hell you mean AMAZING.... I agree. :p

Great photos and looks like an amazing trip. Been looking at getting a canoe myself and hitting the rivers.

bodyhard
07-16-2014, 09:57 AM
No cell phone for 11 hours!!!!!!! :eek: :eek:

frozensparky
07-16-2014, 10:19 AM
If by hell you mean AMAZING.... I agree. :p

Great photos and looks like an amazing trip. Been looking at getting a canoe myself and hitting the rivers.

The canoes were a buddy of mine. I found a 14' aluminum on the local bargain finder for $300, picking it up tomorrow. The kayaks are nice but we want to be able to take the kids as well. It's a lot of fun ACC I highly recommend it. Were talking about starting from farther next time and camping on the side of the river at the mid point somewhere

No cell phone for 11 hours!!!!!!! :eek: :eek:

I'm on call 24/7/365 so I am pretty much married to the thing and it rings constantly. Even when I don't go out and do the work myself I still have to schedule it. A few times a year I just tell the guys to phone the contractors themselves and shut it down. Feels great.

bodyhard
07-16-2014, 11:01 AM
The canoes were a buddy of mine. I found a 14' aluminum on the local bargain finder for $300, picking it up tomorrow. The kayaks are nice but we want to be able to take the kids as well. It's a lot of fun ACC I highly recommend it. Were talking about starting from farther next time and camping on the side of the river at the mid point somewhere

I'm on call 24/7/365 so I am pretty much married to the thing and it rings constantly. Even when I don't go out and do the work myself I still have to schedule it. A few times a year I just tell the guys to phone the contractors themselves and shut it down. Feels great.

You use your cell phone for calls????

Man I am talking about texting, social media, FB Twitter, IG 11 hours without it????? Hell no...

Cass40
07-16-2014, 11:09 AM
I lose my phone sometimes, and don't even realize it's missing for days.

Phattso
07-16-2014, 11:16 AM
Awesome pics and beautiful country.

deadwoodgregg
07-16-2014, 11:17 AM
http://i.imgur.com/ZwSZgCA.pngDamn FS you are a big man or everyone else in the pic is pretty small. Glad that you had a great time.

frozensparky
07-16-2014, 12:01 PM

Man I am talking about texting, social media, FB Twitter, IG 11 hours without it????? Hell no...

Half of our guys text the other half are older and refuse to text so ya I still have to take calls.

As far as social media I do it all the time (maybe a little too much) but I try and get out on my weekends and do things and then go back and post about it after the weekends done.

If I take ang or the kids out to a restaurant I put my phone away in here purse. Pretty much anything can wait for me to have a nice dinner with my family.

I realize it as soon as my office phone starts ringing. They track me down no matter what

Damn FS you are a big man or everyone else in the pic is pretty small. Glad that you had a great time.

6'2" 230ish ATM, one of the guys kneeling is over 6' but I outweigh him by at least 60lbs. Angie (blue bikini) is 4'11". We were laughing when we saw the picture because it looks like Im a chaperone on a highschool trip.

bodyhard
07-16-2014, 12:04 PM

Wut? :confused:

Now you tell me???

You better not do this once we start....

ajdahlheimer
07-16-2014, 12:11 PM
Angie (blue bikini).....

She niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

:D

frozensparky
07-16-2014, 12:35 PM
She niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

And bendy ;)

ajdahlheimer
07-16-2014, 12:42 PM
And bendy ;)

And isn't disappointed you're not black.......

bodyhard
07-16-2014, 12:53 PM
And isn't disappointed you're not black.......

LMFAO!!!!

Poor frozan is not going to live that sh!t down :)

Cass40
07-16-2014, 01:08 PM
How do you guys know he's NOT black where it counts?

just saying...

frozensparky
07-16-2014, 01:31 PM
How do you guys know he's NOT black where it counts?

just saying...

Sorry to disappoint cass, I can't reach the bottom

But I can bang the hell out of the sides :)

ajdahlheimer
07-16-2014, 01:37 PM
Lmao! Successful thread is successful.

Cass40
07-16-2014, 01:39 PM
Sorry to disappoint cass, I can't reach the bottom

It's not that damn deep for goodness sake. There's nothing at the bottom anyways. Most of that matters is around the surface.

Sorry that we pervs came to ruin your beautiful thread :)
Angie looks beautiful. She looks so different here than in the other picture. I didn't recognize her.

deadwoodgregg
07-16-2014, 04:10 PM
It's not that damn deep for goodness sake. There's nothing at the bottom anyways. Most of that matters is around the surface.And to think, I was picturing you as being kinda shy.

frozensparky
07-16-2014, 08:05 PM
Angie looks beautiful. She looks so different here than in the other picture. I didn't recognize her.

That other picture was last summer and she's bulking right now so she's put on a fair amount of muscle. Also has bangs ATM and her hairs not as blonde because she went red for a bit (she knows I like trashy red heads lol) but is slowly going back blonde.

She competed around the time that other pic was taken (won overall fitness at the BC championships). I have no doubt with her gymnastics background she could take a serious run at her pro card but she isn't really interested. She's loving the 5x5 were doing now and is thinking of trying a power lifting comp in the future.

ajdahlheimer
07-17-2014, 05:04 AM
*bangs ATM*

Double-meaning there, right FS?

frozensparky
07-17-2014, 06:56 AM
Double-meaning there, right FS?

Ya maybe I should have actualy wrote out "at the moment"

Fishman15
07-17-2014, 07:03 AM

Oh come on BH, that doesn't sound like some tough guy from the Bronx...:D

ajdahlheimer
07-17-2014, 07:08 AM
Ya maybe I should have actualy wrote out "at the moment"

LOL. Was wondering if you would get the a$$ to mouth reference.

frozensparky
07-17-2014, 07:10 AM
LOL. Was wondering if you would get the a$$ to mouth reference.

Oh I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I think we have a very similar sense of humor

ChazWood
07-17-2014, 07:22 AM
Oh I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I think we have a very similar sense of humor
He's all yours Sparky. Just don't let him drink too many sodas as the sugar makes him hyperactive.

ajdahlheimer
07-17-2014, 07:28 AM

"Ya get nothin' for nothin'
If that's what ya do
Turn around b1tch I got a use for you
Besides you ain't got nothin' better to do
And I'm bored"