PDA

View Full Version : LOL @ Cavs if they don't trade Wiggins for Love.

HarpoonBrah
07-14-2014, 10:38 AM
Wiggins isn't guaranteed to be chit

I'd love to see how many other players can go 26 & 13 (INB4 empty stats, then how come we don't have more of that?)

not to mention he'd be a perfect for Lebron

and they have Waiters who's a great SG

LikeAMachine
07-14-2014, 10:40 AM
Wiggins looks pretty joocy tho.

BeachBrah22
07-14-2014, 10:44 AM
http://giant.gfycat.com/MadSophisticatedChicken.gif

chlaxman
07-14-2014, 10:46 AM
I understand trying to get Love without giving up Wiggins, but you gotta do that trade if it comes down to it. Get a true PF who's like 25 and then just find a rim protector big.

MurkinSeason
07-14-2014, 10:46 AM
http://giant.gfycat.com/MadSophisticatedChicken.gif

Gonna injure himself. NBA blew this dunk up.. We bout to act like majority of the league can't do that?
Blew up Randles 10 pt debut too. Meanwhile other players are ballin and can't even get an article.

marcus142
07-14-2014, 10:47 AM
by the time wiggins is in his prime, james will be out of his. they really should just trade wiggins for love. many people are forgetting that joel embiid was the consensus number 1 pick up until his foot issue.

OriginalOpie
07-14-2014, 10:53 AM
by the time wiggins is in his prime, james will be out of his. they really should just trade wiggins for love. many people are forgetting that joel embiid was the consensus number 1 pick up until his foot issue.

What's wrong with Wiggins coming into his prime when Lebron is leaving his? That means the Cavs will be a contender for the next decade if things go according to plan.

Cavs have more than enough talent to get out of the East this year, they don't need k-love.

chlaxman
07-14-2014, 10:57 AM
What's wrong with Wiggins coming into his prime when Lebron is leaving his? That means the Cavs will be a contender for the next decade if things go according to plan.

Cavs have more than enough talent to get out of the East this year, they don't need k-love.

They're really not that talented though. They have no one to play in the post.

Love is a proven star and is only 25. He's still going to be great 5 years from now.

turk75
07-14-2014, 10:59 AM
Id love for the cavs to trade for Love, but they're not trading Wiggins.

OriginalOpie
07-14-2014, 11:08 AM

Love is a proven star and is only 25. He's still going to be great 5 years from now.

With respect to the HEAT squad that Lebron just led to the finals last year, this Cavs team already has a lot more talent. Kyrie is better equipped to play with Lebron than Wade really ever was due to his ability to shoot.

And then you add in a shooter like Waiters, a stretch 4 that can also rebound like Thompson, an underrated big in Varejao whose a walking double-double when healthy, and two number 1 picks from the last two years. Barring injury to Lebron or Kyrie, this team should slaughter any team in the East (except maybe chi).

Fahnestock
07-14-2014, 11:11 AM
Wiggins has great potential, but people act like he's gonna be pippen straight out the gate. Love is a top player who's game compliments LeGOAT perfectly.

meloring15
07-14-2014, 11:11 AM
love is overrated. giving up wiggins is completely idiotic. in the lebron system, love isnt needed. can fill the role for cheaper.

scousemanne
07-14-2014, 11:12 AM
What better offer will the twolves get than waiters/ Bennett or whatever Cavs are offering? I haven't heard of any, so Cavs have no reason to trade wiggins at this point

chlaxman
07-14-2014, 11:18 AM
With respect to the HEAT squad that Lebron just led to the finals last year, this Cavs team already has a lot more talent. Kyrie is better equipped to play with Lebron than Wade really ever was due to his ability to shoot.

And then you add in a shooter like Waiters, a stretch 4 that can also rebound like Thompson, an underrated big in Varejao whose a walking double-double when healthy, and two number 1 picks from the last two years. Barring injury to Lebron or Kyrie, this team should slaughter any team in the East (except maybe chi).

This year the Heat benefitted from a weak East and continuity in the organization. There's going to be a learning curve with this Cavs team and it may take more than a year to figure out. And please stop with saying Irving is a better fit than Wade ever was. Wade's health dive bombed but everyone seems to forget he was still prime Wade at first. Irving will never be as good as Wade was.

Waiters is ok with some potential, Thompson is as meh as possible (a stretch 4 has to shoot), and Varajao is ALWAYS hurt. Remember this is an EC team that sucked while desperately trying to make the playoffs.

OriginalOpie
07-14-2014, 11:21 AM
Wiggins has great potential, but people act like he's gonna be pippen straight out the gate. Love is a top player who's game compliments LeGOAT perfectly.

You're not gonna get prime Pippen right away, but what I do think you can expect this from Wiggins right out of the gate;

Elite transition athlete, good slasher to the rim, good 1 on 1 and help defender, about a 35% 3pt shooter, and limited ability to create offense by himself. Obviously he will get better in subsequent years, but at this point, what more do you really need out of a SF/6th man when you have Lebron and Kyrie.

SighGR
07-14-2014, 11:24 AM
Trade for a guy who plays no defense, and will kill your cap flexibility. Makes sense.

Wiggins has superstar potential, Tristan and Varejao rebound and play better defense than Love. They're fine.

BellyCummer
07-14-2014, 11:27 AM
Keep everyone and the picks for next year. Sign love when he's a FA.

Carpig
07-14-2014, 11:55 AM
I agree with the OP.

Although Wiggins has lots of potential, getting a proven commodity that has both size and skill is the way to go. Its not like Love is old, he's 25 and getting better. I cant see a scenario where Wiggins is ever as good as Love (defense notwithstanding).

Krunk Fu
07-14-2014, 11:56 AM

Cavs are extremely young and talented SANS the post.

I think they have to do the trade when it comes down to it, but I'd prefer for Wiggins to stay put.

cashinout
07-14-2014, 11:56 AM
Wiggins has superstar potential, Tristan and Varejao rebound and play better defense than Love. They're fine.

so did derrick rose

I say take Love, his game isn't based on athleticism and he's going to age well and avoid injuries
if they take love, they have a very high chance of winning it all next year
plus you already got irving and bennet who also have really high ceilings still

don't need 10 first overall picked players on one damn team

AreolaBorealis
07-14-2014, 12:11 PM
I think they should keep Wiggins. He can be an great wing defender right away which will take some of the pressure off Lebron having to play defense against the other team's best guard/forward. Wiggins can still probably avg 10-15 ppg just getting transition buckets and driving to the lane.

Irving
Wiggins
Lebron
Thompson
Varejao

Bench: Waiters, Bennett, Mike Miller, Ray Allen?

That's a very solid team IMO. The team sucked last year partly because it was dysfunctional as fuk. You add in veterans like Lebron, Ray Allen and Mike Miller and the locker room is gonna shape up pretty quickly.

LikeAMachine
07-14-2014, 12:17 PM
They were in full "Win now" mode. I saw an article showing how Bennett didn't play as much because they wanted to "win now".

I mean they signed freaking Andrew Bynum and had Mike Brown coaching them....

MurkinSeason
07-14-2014, 12:20 PM
I think they should keep Wiggins. He can be an great wing defender right away which will take some of the pressure off Lebron having to play defense against the other team's best guard/forward. Wiggins can still probably avg 10-15 ppg just getting transition buckets and driving to the lane.

Irving
Wiggins
Lebron
Thompson
Varejao

Bench: Waiters, Bennett, Mike Miller, Ray Allen?

That's a very solid team IMO. The team sucked last year partly because it was dysfunctional as fuk. You add in veterans like Lebron, Ray Allen and Mike Miller and the locker room is gonna shape up pretty quickly.

Ray Allen seriously considering retiring

krs128
07-14-2014, 12:26 PM
You're not gonna get prime Pippen right away, but what I do think you can expect this from Wiggins right out of the gate;

Elite transition athlete, good slasher to the rim, good 1 on 1 and help defender, about a 35% 3pt shooter, and limited ability to create offense by himself. Obviously he will get better in subsequent years, but at this point, what more do you really need out of a SF/6th man when you have Lebron and Kyrie.

Wiggins also doesn't have the pressure and expectations all hyped up number 1 picks have of carrying their poverty team and being a impact right off the bat, he is behind Lebron and Kyrie in ranking order so he can go out and do his thing no added pressure. He isn't expected the lead or carry the Cavs

Temuz
07-14-2014, 12:29 PM
Lebron will take a pay cut next season and they'll sign Love as a FA.

krs128
07-14-2014, 12:35 PM
Lebron will take a pay cut next season and they'll sign Love as a FA.

exactly why I think his contract lets him opt out after 1 year. Doesn't tie up a lot of money if they need a an extra 1-3million to sign a big FA like Love.

StreetSharks
07-14-2014, 12:40 PM
so did derrick rose

I say take Love, his game isn't based on athleticism and he's going to age well and avoid injuries

Lol Bennetts ceiling is 6th man

94beastmode
07-14-2014, 12:43 PM
Love is overrated trash. Wiggins ins already better then him at 50 percent of the game as a rookie. Defense counts in the nba look at james harden try ass

cashinout
07-14-2014, 12:44 PM
Lol Bennetts ceiling is 6th man

i think its a bit higher because he was playing off a shoulder injury last year and for mike brown
however if he doesn't show up at all this year, then ya i'll agree

meloring15
07-14-2014, 12:44 PM
Ray Allen seriously considering retiring

lol @ thinking hes not playing 1 or 2 more seasons phaggot. dont care what hes saying.

METALxGEAR
07-14-2014, 12:46 PM
Or they could wait till hes a FA and not lose anything if love is "intrigued" about playing in cleveland because lebron is there he should still feel the same way when his contract is up

LikeAMachine
07-14-2014, 12:52 PM
Or they could wait till hes a FA and not lose anything if love is "intrigued" about playing in cleveland because lebron is there he should still feel the same way when his contract is up

This is exactly why it wouldn't take Wiggins to get Love. They can have a 1st round pick next year and someone else. At least then, they would get something for Love instead of nothing.

ThaWorldIsYours
07-14-2014, 01:00 PM

Everything you said is true except bolded.

SighGR
07-14-2014, 01:01 PM
so did derrick rose

Are you retarded? He won MVP. The injuries can happen to anyone.

Again, if they get Love, they ruin any flexibility they will have. Love, Kyrie, and Lebron (who WILL Opt out, and re-sign for the super Max when the tv contract comes) and Love is not a take over the game player. He isnt going to carry them. He doesnt have a post game, or go to moves, and he isnt a great 3pt shooter.

Why ruin their depth? There is ZERO pressure to win the championship next year. No one in the media is picking the Cavs to win. And that's one of the reasons Lebron left

Jedi34
07-14-2014, 01:26 PM
If they hold out and wait until next year to sign Love, would the Cavs have any cash left to resign Wiggins once his rookie contract is up?

Spill512
07-14-2014, 01:45 PM
Love and Lebron would fit perfectly with each other.

I'd do the trade in a heartbeat if that's what it took.

1harud1
07-14-2014, 02:00 PM
Anthony bennet's ceiling is the floor

LikeAMachine
07-14-2014, 02:05 PM

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2129178-anthony-bennett-slims-down-may-be-good-at-basketball-after-all?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

Krunk Fu

You obviously haven't seen the big mans skills. His ceiling is as high as his mental limit will allow. He could be an all-star. But given how lost/lack of confidence he had last year, I'm not sure if he'll ever pan out.

mrmister1
This allows James to keep expectations low & avoid losing in the Finals (Again) next year

jross2021
Love is overrated and sucks on defense.

srom12
01-18-2015, 06:25 AM
http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/creepy%20smile/grand/dwight-the-office-creepy-smile-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-332.gif

Potatoes everywhere ITT. Exposed.

Vitamin0
01-18-2015, 06:27 AM
Everything you said is true except bolded.

41.4% from 3

wraith33x
01-18-2015, 08:52 AM
Wiggins looks damn good as a rookie. In 2-3 seasons when he adds some muscle and refines his game this kid is going to be a nightmare to deal with. Sucks for Cleveland lol.

YWOC
01-18-2015, 08:53 AM
OP exposed as knowing absolutely nothing about basketball, once again.

TyGuy505
01-18-2015, 08:58 AM
Wiggins isn't guaranteed to be chit

I'd love to see how many other players can go 26 & 13 (INB4 empty stats, then how come we don't have more of that?)

not to mention he'd be a perfect for Lebron

and they have Waiters who's a great SG

I agree with the OP.

Although Wiggins has lots of potential, getting a proven commodity that has both size and skill is the way to go. Its not like Love is old, he's 25 and getting better. I cant see a scenario where Wiggins is ever as good as Love (defense notwithstanding).

so did derrick rose

This is exactly why it wouldn't take Wiggins to get Love. They can have a 1st round pick next year and someone else. At least then, they would get something for Love instead of nothing.

Love and Lebron would fit perfectly with each other.

I'd do the trade in a heartbeat if that's what it took.

http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/339/211/3211339.gif

frezKo
01-18-2015, 09:07 AM
lololol so amny idiots in this thread

skarms
01-18-2015, 09:35 AM
fukin lol @ this thread.

ThaWorldIsYours
03-28-2015, 10:55 AM
41.4% from 3

32.8% now lol

still though, damn, what a rookie season. I wasn't expecting him to be this good this fast, that's for sure.