PDA

View Full Version : Sitting at a bus stop talking to an old black woman and young white girl. Crazy day

bodyhard
07-14-2014, 07:12 AM
Long read folks...

Yesterday I got into an argument with Patty (something her and I rarely do) and due to my really bad temper, when this does happen I go for a walk.

So while I was walking it started to pour, so I took shelter at a bus stop. Not sure how other states/cities are but in NY the bus stops have a glass covering with benches to sit on.

So while I sat there and waited for the rain to slow down an old black lady comes to the stop. She had to be around 70 I would assume, she was dressed with a black dress, a really big while hat and a white peal necklace. She was carrying a huge purse with her left arm and using her right arm to hold the cane that was assisting her to walk. She had heels on and yet she had an ace-ban on her right ankle. I thought to myself, why wear heels if you have a f'cked up ankle? so I asked her. She politely began telling me that her ankle was a 20 year old injury but she wears the ace-ban for support whenever she wears heels. She stated, as a matter of fact, that she feels better wearing heels because of her upbringing all she wore was heels. She told me the reason for the cane was due to her hip, which was fractured some time ago.

This polite sweet talking old lady became a mean SOB when we started talking about God. I had asked her if she was going to church or coming from church and she told me she was coming from church and about to go home. We got to talking about the word Merry Christmas and how it is frowned upon now and she was highly upset.

As she was expressing herself to me and how the world has changed but that there are still decent people in it a young white pretty girl came to the bus stop. She had a backpack on, with a full yellow dress and boots. She had an iphone with earbuds on and she was fixated on her phone and sat right next to me (the old lady never sat down) Her arm had a really bad bruise and her leg had a fresh cut with dried blood on it. The dress was kinda dirty, like if she was tussling on the ground. She smiled at me and I smiled back and continued my conversation with the old woman.

If you've gotten this far without being bored to death, this is where it gets nutty. The young girl takes off her earbuds as the old lady was telling me that the reason the world is so f'cked up is because of the lack of faith in God and before she could finish her sentence the young girl cut her off and said there isn't any God!

The two start going back and fourth yelling at each other, both trying to make a point but neither one listening to the other. At this point a Spanish man, roughly in his 30's with (what I would assume were his kids) comes with 3 little boys. He asked me in Spanish what was going on and when I was going to try to tell him in my broken up Spanish the old lady hits the white girl upside her head with the cane and cracks her head wide open. The white girl was leaking, the Spanish guy tries to hold the old lady back while I grabbed the white girl and the old lady swung the cane to hit the man and missed him and hit one of the little kid in the back of the head. The Spanish guy went nuts and tried to attack the old lady so I had to let go of the girl and get a hold of the guy, but the girl went around me and knocked the old lady down and kicked her.

At this point I started waiving to cars to help me out I could not hold the guy and the girl from going after this old lady, it felt like 5 minutes of f'cking hell. I did not want to hit the man, I understood his anger and I certainly didn't want to hit the girl so all I kept doing was pushing them both away from the old lady as best as I could and at the same time yelling to the man to watch the kids which were running around crying.

Finally some people in a van came over and helped me separate all 3 of them and control the situation.

SteveWright1
07-14-2014, 07:16 AM
thats gods way of telling you not to argue with your wife

LOL?

JChad12
07-14-2014, 07:17 AM
I was bored enough to read. Crazy story OP.

mslman71
07-14-2014, 07:19 AM
One of the problems of youth - not knowing when to STFU or not talk in the first place.

In no way did I think a story starting with a 70 year old woman and a cane would end up being about a fight, but I should have known better :)

ajdahlheimer
07-14-2014, 07:23 AM
My life is so f_cking boring compared to BH's. FML.

latebloomingmom
07-14-2014, 07:36 AM
remind me not to go into a bus stop if I ever go to New York
people be crazy :D

Brackneyc
07-14-2014, 07:47 AM
remind me not to go into a bus stop if I ever go to New York
people be crazy :D

Everything was fine until someone stuck their unsolicited opinion in. Well, like I just did. Lol

ajdahlheimer
07-14-2014, 07:51 AM
Everything was fine until someone stuck their unsolicited opinion in.

Pretty much.

bodyhard
07-14-2014, 08:13 AM
If I had to take an educated guess I have to believe (due to the white girls appearance) that she has a hard life and lost her faith in God and she just lashed out. I mean she came at the old lady sideways.

mcbourque
07-14-2014, 08:18 AM
And here is why, in the city, when you take public transport, you keep your head down, your mouth shut and make eye contact with "nobody"! LOL

JediRN
07-14-2014, 08:32 AM
You may be possessed by a fighting demon. After it successfully had it's fix of fighting through you for the day it jumped out and possessed the people around you. These demons have to feed and will stop at nothing to create evil to feed on.

These demons exist and will do anything to feed.. In my adult life, I have never been in a fight nor even seen a fight. All these fights around you are not normal. You need to get the victory over this. The spiritual symbolism is too obvious to be random. The old church lady in Black. The young self centered woman in WHITE.

Somewhere in the spiritual internet there is a demon posting a thread titled "Sitting at a bus stop talking to an old black woman and young white girl. Crazy day"

and all the other demons are replying with "good job...repped" and of course "pics, or it didn't happen"

deadwoodgregg
07-14-2014, 08:41 AM
Everything was fine until someone stuck their unsolicited opinion in. Well, like I just did. Lolhttp://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5trv0k2Ut1qcwic6.gif

silverlightning
07-14-2014, 08:42 AM
note to the misc., all of Bodyhards stories end up in a fight lol. never argue about religion.

danap3681
07-14-2014, 08:43 AM
Never a dull moment around BH!!

Cass40
07-14-2014, 08:48 AM
never argue about religion.

I graduated as a philosophy major, and all we do is argue about God. It can be the greatest topic ever.

I just don't argue about God with most people, and certainly not with strangers or people online.

Never a dull moment around BH!!

He probably couldn't be dull if he tried.

Flounderbout
07-14-2014, 09:01 AM
Came in expecting some sort of fight. Left doubly pleased after old lady fight.

God. Love him or loathe him, he sure seems to make people do horrible things to each other...

Old-Time-Lifter
07-14-2014, 09:07 AM
I graduated as a philosophy major, and all we do is argue about God. It can be the greatest topic ever.

I just don't argue about God with most people, and certainly not with strangers or people online.

My son was a philosophy/theology major and now about the only person he will talk about religion to is me. He no longer considers himself a Christian but believes in Panentheism (God is in all things). Many folks will flip out on him but I'm open minded and theologically liberal enough that we can have a serious discussion and it doesn't get heated.

I don't believe in demons so I don't think they follow John around. But anytime one starts talking religion in an uncontrolled setting well, things can get out of control. Especially if both parties are deeply entrenched and hostile, which seems to be the case here.

John you should have asked the old lady if Jesus would have approved of her beating on one of his lost sheep?

Simpske
07-14-2014, 09:08 AM
Should of put the old lady in a sleeper hold. That's how Rowdy Roddy Piper woulda handled that.

Phattso
07-14-2014, 09:11 AM
Sad the girl didn't respect the older lady enough to be quiet. But, it just shows how the world has been changing and how polarized everyone is about everything. The girl needed a lesson, but I am sure the older lady did not mean to open her up.

People are now judged more on their political and religious beliefs more than ever. We are a country more divided than ever.

ajdahlheimer
07-14-2014, 09:11 AM
My son was a philosophy/theology major and now he works at a T-Mobile mall kiosk....

Sorry, couldn't resist. :D

Old-Time-Lifter
07-14-2014, 09:12 AM
Sad the girl didn't respect the older lady enough to be quiet. But, it just shows how the world has been changing and how polarized everyone is about everything. The girl needed a lesson, but I am sure the older lady did not mean to open her up.

People are now judged more on their political and religious beliefs more than ever. We are a country more divided than ever.

Well the President did tell the young people to get into people's faces............

latebloomingmom
07-14-2014, 09:13 AM
My son was a philosophy/theology major and now about the only person he will talk about religion to is me. He no longer considers himself a Christian but believes in Panentheism (God is in all things). Many folks will flip out on him but I'm open minded and theologically liberal enough that we can have a serious discussion and it doesn't get heated.

I don't believe in demons so I don't think they follow John around. But anytime one starts talking religion in an uncontrolled setting well, things can get out of control. Especially if both parties are deeply entrenched and hostile, which seems to be the case here.

John you should have asked the old lady if Jesus would have approved of her beating on one of his lost sheep?noooooo sheep sh*t on that one...I dunno maybe next time try opening the bible instead of bashing someone over the head with it ;)

Cass40
07-14-2014, 09:24 AM
Sorry, couldn't resist. :D

Fairly accurate in my case, not even joking.

Although, I don't know anything about phones so couldn't work at T-Mobile. Heck, I have to go to T-Mobile to have them "fix" my phone when I accidentally put it flight mode.

Phattso
07-14-2014, 09:28 AM
Well the President did tell the young people to get into people's faces............

lol and the older lady says while swinging the cane: "Take that, Mr. President!"

Frnkd
07-14-2014, 09:29 AM
You didn't mention if the rain let up. Also what did Patty say.

ajdahlheimer
07-14-2014, 09:30 AM

Although, I don't know anything about phones so couldn't work at T-Mobile. Heck, I have to go to T-Mobile to have them "fix" my phone when I accidentally put it flight mode.

Well it was meant to have a couple meanings:

1) Most philosophy majors are basically unemployable after they graduate (cuz they can't DO anything)

and

2) Most people who work at T-Mobile don't know WTF they are doing.

Old-Time-Lifter
07-14-2014, 09:39 AM

My son originally planned to go the PhD route and teach but reality is that there are very few positions available. He decided to go into the corporate world and try to get into upper management. He's extremely bright with a very high IQ and the ability to pick a goal and work towards it doggedly so I suspect he'll get where he wants to go. Even though he looks down on those with weaker minds, he is an excellent actor and folks don't know that he considers them inferior. His girlfriend is in ROTC and a pilot, super focused and an extremely bright gal. I'd be scared if the two get married and have kids the little buggers would likely try and take over the world... LOL It'll be up to me to convince them to use their powers for good I suppose. ;) LOL

Cass40
07-14-2014, 09:51 AM
My son originally planned to go the PhD route and teach but reality is that there are very few positions available. He decided to go into the corporate world and try to get into upper management. He's extremely bright with a very high IQ and the ability to pick a goal and work towards it doggedly so I suspect he'll get where he wants to go. Even though he looks down on those with weaker minds, he is an excellent actor and folks don't know that he considers them inferior. His girlfriend is in ROTC and a pilot, super focused and an extremely bright gal. I'd be scared if the two get married and have kids the little buggers would likely try and take over the world... LOL It'll be up to me to convince them to use their powers for good I suppose. ;) LOL

Yes, you absolutely have to go to graduate school, otherwise it's useless.

I went to college when I first moved to US because I wanted to learn the language, didn't have a work permit etc.
I moved from Finland to US, and got to go to UCLA! :)

But if you don't go to grad school, the degree is useless.

bodyhard
07-14-2014, 09:55 AM
I did not tell Patty as I was not speaking to her, but I did tell her this morning.

I walked home in a light drizzle

Old-Time-Lifter
07-14-2014, 10:00 AM

I went to college when I first moved to US because I wanted to learn the language, didn't have a work permit etc.

Actually some attorney's use it as their undergrad degree. Some corporations like philosophy majors because they've learned to be critical thinkers. I have a client that has gone very far in the corporate world with only an undergrad in philosophy/theology.

Nikopolino
07-14-2014, 10:03 AM
Clearly bodyhard is living in a variation of a Monty Phython sketch.

This is a frightened city. Over these houses, over these streets hangs a pall of fear. Fear of a new kind of violence which is terrorizing the city. Yes, gangs of old ladies attacking defenseless, fit young men.
Monty Python - Hell's Grannies

(Would link to relevant YT video - if I wasn't a noob without rights.)

bodyhard
07-14-2014, 10:08 AM
I forgot to mention the cane the old lady was using was no wooden cane that **** was made of titanium or somesh!t, That sh!t was no joke, that is why it split the white girls wig instantly.

When she swung it at the man she was off balance and the end of the swing hit the kid, so it was a soft hit, but hard enough for the kid to ball out crying.

Cass40
07-14-2014, 10:14 AM
Actually some attorney's use it as their undergrad degree. Some corporations like philosophy majors because they've learned to be critical thinkers. I have a client that has gone very far in the corporate world with only an undergrad in philosophy/theology.

Yeah, a lot of philosophy majors go to law school.
I have noticed that some employers like to hire me because of my degree.
Writing philosophy papers really changes the way you think and communicate. Arguing with laymen becomes difficult.
Philosophy is so much about semantics. We have to know what words mean before we can even argue.
That's why arguing about God is so difficult. It's such an abstract concept, and nowadays everybody seems to have their own definition of what God means.
That would drive philosophers crazy.

Old-Time-Lifter
07-14-2014, 10:15 AM
I forgot to mention the cane the old lady was using was no wooden cane that **** was made of titanium or somesh!t, That sh!t was no joke, that is why it split the white girls wig instantly.

When she swung it at the man she was off balance and the end of the swing hit the kid, so it was a soft hit, but hard enough for the kid to ball out crying.

Fortunately it wasn't a cane/sword. ;) Hopefully the girl wasn't cut too badly. :( Did she require stitches?

Old-Time-Lifter
07-14-2014, 10:19 AM
Yeah, a lot of philosophy majors go to law school.
I have noticed that some employers like to hire me because of my degree.
Writing philosophy papers really changes the way you think and communicate. Arguing with laymen becomes difficult.
Philosophy is so much about semantics. We have to know what words mean before we can even argue.
That's why arguing about God is so difficult. It's such an abstract concept, and nowadays everybody seems to have their own definition what God means.
That would drive philosophers crazy.

The thing about my son that I find amazing is the papers he writes and how fast he can put the things together. He took a class on writing term papers in HS and it was the best thing he could have taken in prep for college. About all he did was write papers and give talks over his papers.

When my son gets going my wife will often cut him off and say "that's just what a bunch of old dead men thought"... he looks at her with this "I don't know what to say look"... I just laugh and smile. :)

bodyhard
07-14-2014, 10:20 AM
Fortunately it wasn't a cane/sword. ;) Hopefully the girl wasn't cut too badly. :( Did she require stitches?

I would say so, she split her wig pretty bad.

The girl was sitting and the old lady came down in a swooping motion which not only cracked her head but made a slice as well.

I had her blood all over my shirt and I had a white T on. That sh!t looked completely red. I took it off and threw it down a sewer.

Old-Time-Lifter
07-14-2014, 10:22 AM
I would say so, she split her wig pretty bad.

The girl was sitting and the old lady came down in a swooping motion which not only cracked her head but made a slice as well.

I had her blood all over my shirt and I had a white T on. That sh!t looked completely red. I took it off and threw it down a sewer.

And what did Patty say when you came home shirtless and bloody? LOL

heatwave13
07-14-2014, 10:23 AM
Wow, I hope everyone is ok. This is an example of what I was talking about in that other thread about how there are just so many crazy people out there today. You never know if the person next to you is a mental psycho head case who will blow their lid at a split second. That younger girl shouldn't have reacted about about God in such a harsh manner.

Im sorry you got caught up in that incident.

bodyhard
07-14-2014, 10:24 AM
And what did Patty say when you came home shirtless and bloody? LOL

I had no blood on me, just the shirt.

When I came in Patty was out, she went to her sisters grave and stood there for a couple of hours. Once I left, so did she.

Cass40
07-14-2014, 10:24 AM
The thing about my son that I find amazing is the papers he writes and how fast he can put the things together. He took a class on writing term papers in HS and it was the best thing he could have taken in prep for college. About all he did was write papers and give talks over his papers.

When my son gets going my wife will often cut him off and say "that's just what a bunch of old dead men thought"... he looks at her with this "I don't know what to say look"... I just laugh and smile. :)

That's true. And also those old dead men lived in a world where you couldn't just say that "God doesn't exist" (if you wanted to stay alive).
I think that that they didn't even believe in God, but just put God in their arguments to appease the church.

bodyhard
07-14-2014, 10:30 AM
Leeni, check your PM.

Old-Time-Lifter
07-14-2014, 10:41 AM
That's true. And also those old dead men lived in a world where you couldn't just say that "God doesn't exist" (if you wanted to stay alive).
I think that that they didn't even believe in God, but just put God in their arguments to appease the church.

Actually my son has the harshest rhetoric for atheists. He finds the unbelief in God to be entirely illogical and invalid. He is just agnostic as to the nature of the Deity. He is a fan of the classical greek philosophers.

Brackneyc
07-14-2014, 10:43 AM
Oh, and I believe the old lady was way out of line hitting the girl with her cane. Old lady or not, that sht is wrong. The young girl was wrong too, but no need for that.

bodyhard
07-14-2014, 10:46 AM
Oh, and I believe the old lady was way out of line hitting the girl with her cane. Old lady or not, that sht is wrong. The young girl was wrong too, but no need for that.

Sh!t came out of nowhere, I for one did not see that coming and neither did the girl because she had her head down, telling the woman, "Whatever yo keep on believing in fairy tales" while she was adjusting her phone.

mslman71
07-14-2014, 10:46 AM
As a curiosity for those who enjoy arguing about the existence of a god, is it just the sport of the discussion, or is there some other reason? Usually before investing a lot of time and energy into something I ask myself how the possible answers would affect the outcome. If the outcome is the same then I don't typically bother engaging because it doesn't serve a purpose, unless, again, the purpose is to debate.

Old-Time-Lifter
07-14-2014, 10:47 AM
Sh!t came out of nowhere, I for one did not see that coming and neither did the girl because she had her head down, telling the woman, "Whatever yo keep on believing in fairy tales" while she was adjusting her phone.

Lucky the ole gal wasn't packing heat. ;)

Old-Time-Lifter
07-14-2014, 10:52 AM
As a curiosity for those who enjoy arguing about the existence of a god, is it just the sport of the discussion, or is there some other reason? Usually before investing a lot of time and energy into something I ask myself how the possible answers would affect the outcome. If the outcome is the same then I don't typically bother engaging because it doesn't serve a purpose, unless, again, the purpose is to debate.

I'll admit to liking to argue sometimes. I try not to do this about God too often, I'd rather not turn people off.

But, in the years past I used to have a friend that we often had him and his wife over for dinner and vis-versa, he and I would sit and argue about quantum physics. Often in the middle of the argument we would switch sides. Now generally both wives would have their own conversation and just tune us out but once my wife stopped and said "wait a minute, didn't you just argue the opposite on that same point".... to which we both admitted that indeed we had traded positions... you see it didn't really matter because nobody knows for sure and we were just arguing for sport.

bodyhard
07-14-2014, 10:56 AM
I also forgot to mention in the mist of all the chaos, when the old lady was on the floor, the look in her eyes was crazy, if she was younger I can only imagine the damage this woman would have done to the girl.

When I was holding the girl back, it took the guys whole body weight to hold the old lady back and to think she had a bad hip and a cane.. and he did not do a good job of it either.

DocHoss
07-14-2014, 10:58 AM
You live a far more interesting life than I do!!

You said it!

As we specialize in our studies, we learn more and more about less and less until one day we know everything there is about nothing at all!

. . . he and I would sit and argue about quantum physics. Often in the middle of the argument we would switch sides. .. you see it didn't really matter because nobody knows for sure and we were just arguing for sport.
I like you guys! :)

Cass40
07-14-2014, 11:02 AM
As we specialize in our studies, we learn more and more about less and less until one day we know everything there is about nothing at all!

Dostoyevsky said something like "if I spend my life trying to figure out the mystery of man, I haven't wasted my life".

JediRN
07-14-2014, 11:10 AM

As social animals we instinctively like to belong and also have a subconscious hatred/fear of anything different. It is one of the adaptive advantages of humans. Also, through the years, those with the tendencies towards zealousness and inclination towards theistic belief killed off those who didn't providing another adaptive advantage.

People tend to have a world view of "how things are." This allows us to have a feeling of understanding about our environment and thus a sense of safety. Anything that goes against that is usually unsettling. The root of a mid-life crisis often can be found in this. One day we look around and realize "We've changed" We, and things, just aren't like they were (ie. should be) so we go out and do what everyone else thinks is crazy, but to the person having the crisis it makes perfect sense. They are just trying to get back to what their mind sees as normal. Typically we are confronted with reality and our world view is forced to change. Once that is accepted we move on.

I personally like theistic oriented discussions, and have had my mind changed or opened to different ideas on several occasions, though rarely if ever on the spot. Sometimes something happens and years later a previous conversation just makes sense.

For me it isn't really the sport of it. I do think it is more important when getting to know someone with how they think versus what they think.

Old-Time-Lifter
07-14-2014, 11:14 AM

QFT, that friend I used to argue quantum physics with used to say that much of what is new discover in one field has been common knowledge in another field for a long long time. He retired and moved to Seattle, I miss that couple. :(

Dostoyevsky said something like "if I spend my life trying to figure out the mystery of man, I haven't wasted my life".

To try and figure out the mystery of women would be a waste of time though............ ;) :D LOL (how could I pass that one up... ;) )

Tmax55
07-14-2014, 11:15 AM
Bodyhard,

I don't understand how you are around as much violence as you are in your life - its like you are a magnet for it. The violence I am around consists of my six and seven year olds getting into a spat.

But if someone hit one of my girls with a cane - woman, man, child, or whatever - they'd have to deal with me and it would not be pretty so I sympathize with the Spanish guy.

bodyhard
07-14-2014, 11:21 AM
Bodyhard,

I don't understand how you are around as much violence as you are in your life - its like you are a magnet for it. The violence I am around consists of my six and seven year olds getting into a spat.

But if someone hit one of my girls with a cane - woman, man, child, or whatever - they'd have to deal with me and it would not be pretty so I sympathize with the Spanish guy.

As did I, but I knew she did not meant to hit the child so I was trying to defuse the situation as he wanted to really hurt the woman and I was not going to stand there and let him do that, right or wrong she was/is an old lady.

And BOTH of them were going after her :(

ajdahlheimer
07-14-2014, 11:23 AM
Moral of the story..................................BH needs to improve his Spanish.

:D

bodyhard
07-14-2014, 11:26 AM
Moral of the story..................................BH needs to improve his Spanish.

:D

LMFAO Yo this guy was screaming all kinds of sh!t in Spanish, I knew most of them were something along the lines of "I am going to kill you if I get my hands on you" and at one point he told me if I touch him again he was going to hit me as well, but he never attempted it.

Cass40
07-14-2014, 11:29 AM
To try and figure out the mystery of women would be a waste of time though............ ;) :D LOL (how could I pass that one up... ;) )

Lol..yeah, he didn't say anything about women. I guess women are not mysterious. :)

Had to look up the real quote: "Man is a mystery. It needs to be unravelled, and if you spend your whole life unravelling it, don't say that you've wasted your time. I am studying that mystery because I want to be a human being".

ajdahlheimer
07-14-2014, 11:33 AM
LMFAO Yo this guy was screaming all kinds of sh!t in Spanish, I knew most of them were something along the lines of "I am going to kill you if I get my hands on you" and at one point he told me if I touch him again he was going to hit me as well, but he never attempted it.

I was pretty good at conversational Spanish at one point between taking 2 semesters in college, working as a mover with Mexican guys for a while, and of course from banging this Columbian chick who didn't speak much English on-and-off for a year or so :D .

bodyhard
07-14-2014, 11:37 AM
I was pretty good at conversational Spanish at one point between taking 2 semesters in college, working as a mover with Mexican guys for a while, and of course from banging this Columbian chick who didn't speak much English on-and-off for a year or so :D .

LMFAO!!!

My Spanish sucks, Patty speaks Spanish way better than me and she is Irish!!

Maybe all the years of me banging her the Spanish left me and got stuck in her! :eek:

Cass40
07-14-2014, 11:42 AM
Maybe all the years of me banging her the Spanish left me and got stuck in her! :eek:

So you were talking Spanish during sex? That sounds hot.
I'm taking Spanish, and all the people in my class are native Spanish speakers. I can't speak Spanish at all, but I've gotten A's from all my classes so far, without even trying.
Apparently I can write in Spanish.
The teacher seems always so surprised for some reason.

jerkeife
07-14-2014, 11:47 AM
Good lord I hope the kid is ok. Just one of the reasons I never try to push my beliefs onto someone else. I have had countless people try and argue **** with me but I just say "No thanks, I don't want to argue."

fpena
07-14-2014, 11:58 AM
BH - What part of the Bronx do you live in?

I used to live in Riverdale right by Van Courtlandt Park and never had any good stories to tell. I mean I saw someone clipping their toenails on a bus once but never any good stuff like you see on a daily basis.

bodyhard
07-14-2014, 12:04 PM
BH - What part of the Bronx do you live in?

I used to live in Riverdale right by Van Courtlandt Park and never had any good stories to tell. I mean I saw someone clipping their toenails on a bus once but never any good stuff like you see on a daily basis.

138th street, The south Bronx.

What year you lived in Riverdale? I had mad beef with the crew from Courtland park in the 90's.

Fishman15
07-14-2014, 12:06 PM
Sad the girl didn't respect the older lady enough to be quiet.

^^^This^^^

bodyhard
07-14-2014, 12:07 PM
So you were talking Spanish during sex? That sounds hot.

Yeah LOTS!!! :cool: Why you think they called me El Bandito De Amor....(DaLoveBandit)

Good lord I hope the kid is ok. Just one of the reasons I never try to push my beliefs onto someone else. I have had countless people try and argue **** with me but I just say "No thanks, I don't want to argue."

The kid was OK just bruised.

mirroroferised
07-14-2014, 12:15 PM

This!

Always have time for a BH thread lol

Fishman15
07-14-2014, 12:20 PM
BH, I don't know what you do for a living or care for that matter but man...you should have gotten into writing! You could have written about the things that happen in your daily life and been much more interesting than the some of fiction writers out there. Just a thought...:D

beachguy498
07-14-2014, 12:27 PM

What year you lived in Riverdale? I had mad beef with the crew from Courtland park in the 90's.

You're over by 3rd avenue off the Deegan. My son used to live up in Kingsbridge off 230st. Right by the El. He lived in a pretty creepy building, glad when he moved out of there.

bodyhard
07-14-2014, 12:29 PM
BH, I don't know what you do for a living or care for that matter but man...you should have gotten into writing! You could have written about the things that happen in your daily life and been much more interesting than the some of fiction writers out there. Just a thought...:D

My life is but many of what other go through daily in the hood. Hell I have it easy, the only reason why you guys find me humorous or interesting is because I am not afraid/ashamed to write about it.

But the truth is there are many folks here in the hood (and in many hoods around the world) living this sh!t day in and day out, they just don't pick up a piece of paper and pen and write about it.

But if they did, they would put my stories to shame as my life in the hood has slowed down tremendously. If I (or anyone from the hood) was to have been writing what I have witness and lived throughout my life I think people would have written me off as a fictional character.

At the end of it all it is what it is, there is a big world out there that some have a hard time comprehending, as I am sure if I were to live through the eyes of folks living in a third world country I would not be able to comprehend it.

bodyhard
07-14-2014, 12:34 PM
You're over by 3rd avenue off the Deegan. My son used to live up in Kingsbridge off 230st. Right by the El. He lived in a pretty creepy building, glad when he moved out of there.

I no longer live there, I am uptown where I bought my house, but yes the Mitchell Projects right by the 40th precinct.

ajdahlheimer
07-14-2014, 12:34 PM
Yeah LOTS!!! :cool: Why you think they called me El Bandito De Amor....(DaLoveBandit)

I think you mean "El Rapido", brah. You love "very fast"........ :D

bodyhard
07-14-2014, 12:42 PM
I think you mean "El Rapido", brah. You love "very fast"........ :D

LOL hell no man, one things for sure, I am a latin lover, even though I don't know sh!t about my heritage :(

ajdahlheimer
07-14-2014, 12:47 PM
LOL hell no man, one things for sure, I am a latin lover, even though I don't know sh!t about my heritage :(

Yeah well, my wife tells me I should have went to school at UMass.........(Minuteman)............. :(

bodyhard
07-14-2014, 12:50 PM
Yeah well, my wife tells me I should have went to school at UMass.........(Minuteman)............. :(

LMFAO!!!

I think (and I pray) I am following in my father and grandfathers footsteps.

My grandfather continue having sex (no blue bill needed lol) till he was 90 and with 3 woman at that :eek:. Still trying to convince patty about the other two women part, a brother can keep on trying :D :D

Bando
07-14-2014, 12:52 PM

This is the best part of the story IMO. BH walking down the street shirtless shaking his head at what just went down.

Ch0pp4
07-14-2014, 12:59 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-6zGPZYbrlm8/UBwM5BpkZ-I/AAAAAAAAAMU/ixOLnA2PGFY/s1600/tumblr_m7db8zxn621r0d9a5o1_250.jpg

All kidding aside, I don't understand why people get so angry and violent if you have a different opinion. Seems very childish whether or not you are young or old, religious or not.

http://i.imgur.com/N7D6OWU.jpg?1

ajdahlheimer
07-14-2014, 01:00 PM
LMFAO!!!

I think (and I pray) I am following in my father and grandfathers footsteps.

My grandfather continue having sex (no blue bill needed lol) till he was 90 and with 3 woman at that :eek:. Still trying to convince patty about the other two women part, a brother can keep on trying :D :D

Yeah, my Grandpa (currently still alive at 99) was having sex well into his 90's w/o the pill either. I never asked him how long he tended to last though (lol).

acrawlingchaos
07-14-2014, 01:40 PM
One of the problems of youth - not knowing when to STFU or not talk in the first place.

In no way did I think a story starting with a 70 year old woman and a cane would end up being about a fight, but I should have known better :)Being the sound rational man that you are, I thought you were joking;

Until I read this drivel.

As a curiosity for those who enjoy arguing about the existence of a god, is it just the sport of the discussion, or is there some other reason? Usually before investing a lot of time and energy into something I ask myself how the possible answers would affect the outcome. If the outcome is the same then I don't typically bother engaging because it doesn't serve a purpose, unless, again, the purpose is to debate.Allow me.

It doesn't f*cking matter why I decide to engage in any argument I choose to engage in. If you don't want your damn opinion ridiculed in public, don't mention your opinion in public. I have the same right to express my opinion as you do yours. If you feel the need to resort to bloodshed every time someone bruises your delicate sensibilities..... the problem isn't with the person expressing their opinion.

It's pathetic, and that old woman needs to be put in front of a judge.

Karl_Hungus
07-14-2014, 01:50 PM
It doesn't f*cking matter why I decide to engage in any argument I choose to engage in. If you don't want your damn opinion ridiculed in public, don't mention your opinion in public. I have the same right to express my opinion as you do yours. If you feel the need to resort to bloodshed every time someone bruises your delicate sensibilities..... the problem isn't with the person expressing their opinion.

You are reading some weird sh!t into his post. I read his post to mean that arguing religion is pointless as minds are never changed, and it usually just results in both parties being pissed off. He didn't say anything about taking away your rights to express yourself....nor did he justify the woman's actions.

Oceanside
07-14-2014, 02:05 PM
seems like it's the white girls who always start to leak first.

Cass40
07-14-2014, 02:07 PM
seems like it's the white girls who always start to leak first.

Say that to my face :mad:

bodyhard
07-14-2014, 02:10 PM
Say that to my face :mad:

Pick up your phone!!!!

Karl_Hungus
07-14-2014, 02:12 PM
His first statement clearly indicates where he places blame.

His second statement is a tired rant on why atheist just don't stfu.

I didn't see it that way at all -- In the first statement, he was saying that injecting a contrarian opinion into somebody else's religious discussion will generally lead to trouble...and the girl should have known that. .... I didn't see it as "assigning blame". In his second statement he was commenting on the pointlessness of religious debates. He wasn't telling atheists to STFU .... I don't think he was saying that at all. Then again, I will let mslman speak for himself.

acrawlingchaos
07-14-2014, 02:15 PM
I didn't see it that way at all -- In the first statement, he was saying that injecting a contrarian opinion into somebody else's religious discussion will generally lead to trouble...and the girl should have known that. .... I didn't see it as "assigning blame". In his second statement he was commenting on the pointlessness of religious debates. He wasn't telling atheists to STFU .... I don't think he was saying that at all. Then again, I will let mslman speak for himself.picks up a brick and smashes Karl in the back of the head with it when he turns around.

That's the problem with people like you.... you just don't know when to stfu and stop challenging my opinion.

:rolleyes:

Oceanside
07-14-2014, 02:17 PM
aren't you two late for your mensa meeting ?

Old-Time-Lifter
07-14-2014, 02:23 PM

It requires an actual IQ to join. ;)

Karl_Hungus
07-14-2014, 02:24 PM

No bruh... It was cancelled this week because of the bbq at Mikie's.

Simpske
07-14-2014, 02:24 PM
I lift things up and I put them down. My head hurts.

Old-Time-Lifter
07-14-2014, 02:26 PM

Where was my invite :(

so-tex
07-14-2014, 02:29 PM

I thought the BBQ was contingent on Mikie passing the dot.

so-tex
07-14-2014, 02:31 PM
Where was my invite :(

Don't worry. If Mikie passes the dot, the little yellow bus will be there to pick you up at 7:00

paolo59
07-14-2014, 02:33 PM
All I can say is, New York City must be chock full of crazy folk! There's not more than two or three down here in Dallas. :)

bodyhard
07-14-2014, 02:35 PM
All I can say is, New York City must be chock full of crazy folk! There's not more than two or three down here in Dallas. :)

Crazy is an understatement...

People are straight up 7 30 out this mother f'cker :D :D

acrawlingchaos
07-14-2014, 02:42 PM
I didn't see it that way at all -- In the first statement, he was saying that injecting a contrarian opinion into somebody else's religious discussion will generally lead to trouble...and the girl should have known that. .... I didn't see it as "assigning blame". In his second statement he was commenting on the pointlessness of religious debates. He wasn't telling atheists to STFU .... I don't think he was saying that at all. Then again, I will let mslman speak for himself.Since you seem interested in clarification, I'll give a serious response.

As a curiosity for those who enjoy arguing about the existence of a god, is it just the sport of the discussion, or is there some other reason? Usually before investing a lot of time and energy into something I ask myself how the possible answers would affect the outcome. If the outcome is the same then I don't typically bother engaging because it doesn't serve a purpose, unless, again, the purpose is to debate.I've seen these same tired excuses used over and over to excuse violence.

He new the next words out his mouth would make me lash out, he pushed me.
She dressed like a whore, she should have know better.

When your first instinct is to blame the victim for their own abuse, that's a bit sad and it most certainly is placing blame.

Do those that proselytize get a free pass? Or would violence be understood? Can I excuse my violent behavior and just start swinging the second they open their mouth and utter their filth on my property? Can I excuse it in public?

Fishman15
07-14-2014, 03:08 PM
Since you seem interested in clarification, I'll give a serious response.

I've seen these same tired excuses used over and over to excuse violence.

When your first instinct is to blame the victim for their own abuse, that's a bit sad and it most certainly is placing blame.

Do those that proselytize get a free pass? Or would violence be understood? Can I excuse my violent behavior and just start swinging the second they open their mouth and utter their filth on my property? Can I excuse it in public?

I'm pretty sure the young girl came into the scene while BH and the lady were already talking about God. It was none of her business what they were talking about and she should have kept her ear buds left in. Little chic needed to STFU...and keep to her own business.

Old lady clearly was out of control and over reacted...

BH restored peace and deserves an award...:D

mslman71
07-14-2014, 03:08 PM
Being the sound rational man that you are, I thought you were joking;

I wasn't.

Until I read this drivel.
Allow me.

Rights? Judge? What the **** are you babbling about here? Are you sure you have the right post? If they had done nothing but had a verbal altercation or there had been gunfire involved my opinion of the situation would be the same.

You are reading some weird sh!t into his post. I read his post to mean that arguing religion is pointless as minds are never changed, and it usually just results in both parties being pissed off. He didn't say anything about taking away your rights to express yourself....nor did he justify the woman's actions.

Pretty much. I wonder most of the time, as I've matured, what's the purpose? Nothing changes, except maybe some people are pissed. I leave believing what I believe as does the other person. There's a difference between having a right and exercising some good judgement outside of one's own ego.

His first statement clearly indicates where he places blame.

No, it doesn't. If that was addressed at me.

His second statement is a tired rant on why atheist just don't stfu.

Addressed at me? I'm not religious. I don't believe in anything, other than perhaps exercising some mature judgement. I don't waste that much energy telling people why they're wrong or trying to convince them that I'm right. If that's what tickles your twinkie, then knock yourself out. My question was legitimate - by this point and time in your life you should have enough experience under your belt to realize the pointlessness of it all.

I didn't see it that way at all -- In the first statement, he was saying that injecting a contrarian opinion into somebody else's religious discussion will generally lead to trouble...and the girl should have known that. .... I didn't see it as "assigning blame". In his second statement he was commenting on the pointlessness of religious debates. He wasn't telling atheists to STFU .... I don't think he was saying that at all. Then again, I will let mslman speak for himself.

Yeah, didn't think it was ambiguous in any way.

mslman71
07-14-2014, 03:10 PM
Since you seem interested in clarification, I'll give a serious response.

I've seen these same tired excuses used over and over to excuse violence.

Are you high? Seriously, ACC, do you not know me better than that at this point? If my purpose was to blame someone that's what I would have said. There's no deep hidden meaning here. I don't understand the point of these types of arguments. I made no reference to blame, only the futility of engaging in these types of discussion. You reading between the lines is your problem and your fault, not mine. If I had meant to have said something different, I would have.

----

By the way, if you followed the whole thread you would have seen that it shifted to philosophical discussions on religion and had decoupled from the original story, per OTL. THAT is what prompted my question about the futility and purpose of religious discussions.

Old-Time-Lifter
07-14-2014, 03:13 PM
Crazy is an understatement...

People are straight up 7 30 out this mother f'cker :D :D

It's 7:30 here twice a day as well and I don't notice too many crazies walking around.

I did see an old black man playing a sax while sitting on a bus bench the other day. It would have been a great picture too but traffic was too thick and my phones camera blows anyways. :(

bodyhard
07-14-2014, 03:19 PM
It's 7:30 here twice a day as well and I don't notice too many crazies walking around.

I did see an old black man playing a sax while sitting on a bus bench the other day. It would have been a great picture too but traffic was too thick and my phones camera blows anyways. :(

Ohhhh to live the serene life....

Old-Time-Lifter
07-14-2014, 03:21 PM
Ohhhh to live the serene life....

Move to the country. You could get your own reality show... Call it "BH moves to Green Acres". It's the life for me... ;)

bodyhard
07-14-2014, 03:22 PM
Move to the country. You could get your own reality show... Call it "BH moves to Green Acres". It's the life for me... ;)

Let me give you Patty's number lets see if you have better luck convincing her to move than me.

Old-Time-Lifter
07-14-2014, 03:27 PM
Let me give you Patty's number lets see if you have better luck convincing her to move than me.

LOL, heck John I have no pull with my own wife. I'm afraid it's all up to you...

bodyhard
07-14-2014, 03:28 PM
LOL, heck John I have no pull with my own wife. I'm afraid it's all up to you...

LOL women are stubborn as hell!!

Fishman15
07-14-2014, 03:31 PM

BH, you need to be asking her while you two are well....you know...when she is agreeing with you over and over and over...D:

Old-Time-Lifter
07-14-2014, 03:32 PM

brb.......... sending in your nomination for understatement of the year.

;)

acrawlingchaos
07-14-2014, 03:50 PM
Are you high?Yes, but I'm not entirely sure of the relevance to the conversation.

Seriously, ACC, do you not know me better than that at this point?Which is why I was taken aback that your knee jerk reaction was that someone who was clearly abused should have just (and I quote)... stfu.

A young girl was beat bloody for expressing her opinion, and your reaction is "she should have stfu". You'll have to excuse me if I think that's a bit f*cked up. My mileage obviously varies.

If my purpose was to blame someone that's what I would have said. There's no deep hidden meaning here.Dismissive of obvious abuse.

I don't understand the point of these types of arguments. I made no reference to blame, only the futility of engaging in these types of discussion.Yet here you are expressing your opinion. Apparently not as pointless or futile as you would have others believe.

Addressed at me? I'm not religious. I don't believe in anything, other than perhaps exercising some mature judgement. I don't waste that much energy telling people why they're wrong or trying to convince them that I'm right. If that's what tickles your twinkie, then knock yourself out. My question was legitimate - by this point and time in your life you should have enough experience under your belt to realize the pointlessness of it all.I have enough experience under my belt to know I'm not going to resort to bloodshed because of an opinion I find disagreeable.

I'm passionate about various subject material and I find discussing them important to me and of value. Funny.... I can usually get through it without smashing someone's face in and surprisingly with my own face intact.

Oceanside
07-14-2014, 04:34 PM
lol I'll bet mslman71 grew up riding around his neighborhood on a bicycle wearing dress pants,a white shirt and a tie like those mormon missionarys, but instead of bothering people to talk about jesus, he just beat the crap out of them hahahaha !@

mslman71
07-14-2014, 04:38 PM
Yes, but I'm not entirely sure of the relevance to the conversation.

Because it would make me feel better to externalize the cause of your complete lack of ability to interpret what I said and follow the thread.

Which is why I was taken aback that your knee jerk reaction was that someone who was clearly abused should have just (and I quote)... stfu.

Sounds to me like you were looking for a reason to be taken aback. My interpretation of starting confrontations with strangers is the same, whether it ended perfectly amicably or in death has no bearing on fault, not that I really care whose fault it was. In general, OTL and others mentioned engaging in philosophical discussions about religion, which prompted my follow up question.

A young girl was beat bloody for expressing her opinion, and your reaction is "she should have stfu". You'll have to excuse me if I think that's a bit f*cked up. My mileage obviously varies.

Spare me the drama, Baghdad Bob. Again, regardless of the outcome I'm curious about the circumstances that led to the confrontation and people's motivation for entering into it into the first place. I don't care about the outcome in particular. It could have ended any number of ways.

Dismissive of obvious abuse.

Save this for the general misc or someone else. You have the wrong guy.

Yet here you are expressing your opinion. Apparently not as pointless or futile as you would have others believe.

This isn't a discussion on religion, it was a discussion, my discussion per my reply, on the purpose of entering into debates on that subject and others like it. Again, still high? There's a difference between seeking opinion and the validity of those opinions/beliefs. You were looking for an excuse to get your panties in a bunch.

I have enough experience under my belt to know I'm not going to resort to bloodshed because of an opinion I find disagreeable.

Nor will I, yet I do have enough experience to realize the futility of entering into discussions when there's no positive outcome other than ego stroking, whether it's with a best friend or with a complete stranger, though this conversation is beginning to undermine that philosophy. You want to be upset, be upset.

I'm passionate about various subject material and I find discussing them important to me and of value. Funny.... I can usually get through it without smashing someone's face in and surprisingly with my own face intact.

Good for you. Does your instinct tell you to jump in the middle of two stranger's conversations about something that's important to them for the purpose of starting a debate on the subject? It's perfectly okay to walk up to a stranger and call them a name. It's perfectly acceptable, within your rights, to make obscene gestures at them, and if someone blew your head off for doing it they would ultimately be held responsible. However, why would you do this in the first place? What would be the point?

so-tex
07-14-2014, 04:41 PM
lol I'll bet mslman71 grew up riding around his neighborhood on a bicycle wearing dress pants,a white shirt and a tie like those mormon missionarys, but instead of bothering people to talk about jesus, he just beat the crap out of them hahahaha !@

I don't know why, but this made me laugh.

bodyhard
07-14-2014, 04:45 PM
BH, you need to be asking her while you two are well....you know...when she is agreeing with you over and over and over...D:

LOL

But in all seriousness my wife refuses to move after the passing of her sister. I thought she would be changing her mind now that is has been over a year, but she is still very adamant about it. The only way I will move is if Patty and I break up and I am not up for that.

pvsampson
07-14-2014, 05:10 PM
Another BH thread that delivers! Love it.

For some reason,I have never had an argument with anyone about my faith.Most that find out are actually very surprised,because I usually only tell someone if they ask.Maybe because I state the fact I believe in God with no hesitaion or any shame,with conviction,that there is no need for them to argue.No matter what they say will not change my mind and I feel that people can see that in me.

We have an elderly Scottish couple that come and visit regularly,they came yesterday actually,and they are members of the Jehovahs Witness church.We sit and discuss the state of the world,faith,and sometimes just chat.If the girls are here the lady usually takes them into the loungeroom and reads children's bible stories,and I talk with the gentleman.They know I am not interested in attending their church,and that I disagree with some of their beliefs like not celebrating Christmas or birthdays,yet they still visit and they are welcome in our home anytime.Their doctrine,with a few differences of course,is very similar to my own Adventist.

It's good to be able to sit with Christians now and then when Christianity,in my country,is becoming less prevalent than it once was.

bodyhard
07-14-2014, 05:17 PM
Another BH thread that delivers! Love it.

For some reason,I have never had an argument with anyone about my faith.Most that find out are actually very surprised,because I usually only tell someone if they ask.Maybe because I state the fact I believe in God with no hesitaion or any shame,with conviction,that there is no need for them to argue.No matter what they say will not change my mind and I feel that people can see that in me.

We have an elderly Scottish couple that come and visit regularly,they came yesterday actually,and they are members of the Jehovahs Witness church.We sit and discuss the state of the world,faith,and sometimes just chat.If the girls are here the lady usually takes them into the loungeroom and reads children's bible stories,and I talk with the gentleman.They know I am not interested in attending their church,and that I disagree with some of their beliefs like not celebrating Christmas or birthdays,yet they still visit and they are welcome in our home anytime.Their doctrine,with a few differences of course,is very similar to my own Adventist.

It's good to be able to sit with Christians now and then when Christianity,in my country,is becoming less prevalent than it once was.

The thing is I was having a really nice conversation with the woman, I did not agree with everything she was saying, but I was polite.

Her smile was gentle and her demeanor was very soft, but when the girl told her there wasn't any God, it was like night and day man. And even with that, I honestly did not expect her to hit the girl, especially at her age.

I wonder if that is going to be me in 20 years?

acrawlingchaos
07-14-2014, 05:27 PM
Sounds to me like you were looking for a reason to be taken aback.Ok...

pvsampson
07-14-2014, 05:38 PM
My thoughts on the incident...

In the elderly womans younger,formative years she may well have taken a LOT of sh#t from some white people.In these times she doesn't have to,and rightly so.Maybe she thought the young white female was disrespecting her to a point where she wasn't going to take her sh#t.Maybe she's just a nasty old woman.

Either way,assault with a weapon is inexcusable over a disagreement,from a "Christian".Especially when she was so out of control a child got struck.

bodyhard
07-14-2014, 05:43 PM

In the elderly womans younger,formative years she may well have taken a LOT of sh#t from some white people.In these times she doesn't have to,and rightly so.Maybe she thought the young white female was disrespecting her to a point where she wasn't going to take her sh#t.Maybe she's just a nasty old woman.

Either way,assault with a weapon is inexcusable over a disagreement,from a "Christian".Especially when she was so out of control a child got struck.

Ohh she definitely lost it for sure, the Spanish guy was just trying to help me defuse the situation and she went after him.

Oceanside
07-14-2014, 05:51 PM
sounds like the black lady was batsh*t crazy and who the hell knows who or what batsh*t black lady's consider their "gods"....

all things considered, it's debatable if this thread really has anything to do with actual christianity or not

Cass40
07-14-2014, 05:56 PM

True. I've said much worse things, and luckily nobody hit my head open.

Old-Time-Lifter
07-14-2014, 06:17 PM
sounds like the black lady was batsh*t crazy and who the hell knows who or what batsh*t black lady's consider their "gods"....

all things considered, it's debatable if this thread really has anything to do with actual christianity or not

It's more about discussing differences without flipping yer lid. :D

And btw I've heard you're a mutt is this true. :)

LOL

so-tex
07-14-2014, 06:21 PM
And btw I've heard you're a mutt is this true. :)

LOL

Yes

paolo59
07-14-2014, 11:34 PM

You know, I don't think there was a 'color' one involved. Who knows? The little old lady shouldn't have hit anyone with her cane. I just imagine she's raised her own. Her own kids (grandkids) and perhaps kids of kids of kids! She just might be freakin' fed up with bull(%*%! I'd say, all things being equal, give that generation that knows just what the freakin' hell is what...who actually lived through (%*!...give them their due. They might just 'clean house!' Red, Yellow, Black, White, Green, Orange and Purple polka-dot! Old folks know a whole lot! They might not always act out as they should, but if anyone has put up with BULL-*%&^ over the years, it's them! :)

NorwichGrad
07-15-2014, 06:22 AM
Dang, John.. You delivered again, man.. I love reading your adventures in the Bronx.. Thanks for sharing.

Certainly entertaining $hit, but when viewed at a deeper level what happened was a sad microcosm of what really goes on in America at a much larger scale... We are so divided ideologically, economically, and a bunch of other words that end in –LY.

The White girl butting in your conversation and stating ‘there is no god’ was just as rude as a Christian stranger butting in two Atheists conversing about the inexistence of God or ‘a god’ and yelling ‘there is a God, you communist heathens!!’

It was ‘un-Christian’ of the Black lady to whack the White girl in the head for her beliefs.

Now imagine the following:

Instead of a Black lady, we have a community of ‘religious people.’
Instead of a White girl, we have a community of ‘non-believers.’
Instead of a Spanish man and a Puerto Rican, we have a community of ‘innocent bystanders.’

Imagine they all have guns.. This is what happened in the Balkans. And this could be the future of America if we DO NOT respect fellow Americans with differing beliefs.

eomrat
07-15-2014, 07:56 AM

This thread has nothing to do with any religion.

I disagree with Msl and ACC. I think the young girl fully deserved a whack upside the head. Pathlogically obnoxious atheist are exactly as annoying as pathological obnoxious religious people and both seem to have no concept.of propriety or the norms of civilized interactions.

I was at a memorial service for a man that commited suicide and a douchebag started spouting off about how selfish an act suicide is. The only reason I didn't knocked his ass out was because the Chaplains Assistant beat me to it. Sorry, but I decline to weep for the poor victim of this abuse as he should have STFU.

mikieson
07-15-2014, 08:55 AM

Same here..I wake up go about my day..come home eat sleep repeat.. And being 50 you think you would know..NEVER talk politics or church with anyone.

fpena
07-15-2014, 09:00 AM

I was there from '98-'00, then I moved to Hoboken until 2002. Now in Charlotte, North Carolina and it was a great move if you're ever looking at relocating.

Old-Time-Lifter
07-15-2014, 09:06 AM
Dang, John.. You delivered again, man.. I love reading your adventures in the Bronx.. Thanks for sharing.

Certainly entertaining $hit, but when viewed at a deeper level what happened was a sad microcosm of what really goes on in America at a much larger scale... We are so divided ideologically, economically, and a bunch of other words that end in –LY.

The White girl butting in your conversation and stating ‘there is no god’ was just as rude as a Christian stranger butting in two Atheists conversing about the inexistence of God or ‘a god’ and yelling ‘there is a God, you communist heathens!!’

It was ‘un-Christian’ of the Black lady to whack the White girl in the head for her beliefs.

Now imagine the following:

Instead of a Black lady, we have a community of ‘religious people.’
Instead of a White girl, we have a community of ‘non-believers.’
Instead of a Spanish man and a Puerto Rican, we have a community of ‘innocent bystanders.’

Imagine they all have guns.. This is what happened in the Balkans. And this could be the future of America if we DO NOT respect fellow Americans with differing beliefs.

But the issues in the Balkans had been brewing for centuries, and I suspect it could and will erupt again.

silverlightning
07-15-2014, 09:07 AM

I disagree with Msl and ACC. I think the young girl fully deserved a whack upside the head. Pathlogically obnoxious atheist are exactly as annoying as pathological obnoxious religious people and both seem to have no concept.of propriety or the norms of civilized interactions.

I was at a memorial service for a man that commited suicide and a douchebag started spouting off about how selfish an act suicide is. The only reason I didn't knocked his ass out was because the Chaplains Assistant beat me to it. Sorry, but I decline to weep for the poor victim of this abuse as he should have STFU.

your wrong. the girl had the right to voice her opinion. this is AMERICA, not communist CUBA. however, it wasn't her business to do so unless she was asked to join the conversation. also, the lady committed assault and should have gone to jail. you should go to jail also for assault if you were to hit someone. just laying your hands on someone is assault. stay ignorant.

Brackneyc
07-15-2014, 09:07 AM

Well, his timing was way off, that's for sure.

silverlightning
07-15-2014, 09:12 AM
the convo was between A&B so C your way out of it. in some places, like the Bronx, you'll get what the old lady did for, but it wasn't for butting in, it was for the white girls opinion/point of view. the old lady was wrong and should be in jail. Period.

so-tex
07-15-2014, 09:18 AM
your wrong. the girl had the right to voice her opinion. this is AMERICA, not communist CUBA. however, it wasn't her business to do so unless she was asked to join the conversation. also, the lady committed assault and should have gone to jail. you should go to jail also for assault if you were to hit someone. just laying your hands on someone is assault. stay ignorant.

^^^^^^^Wussification of America.. :rolleyes:

eomrat
07-15-2014, 09:22 AM

Never said she didn't have the right.

Stay illiterate.

Also, hitting someone is "battery" not "assault".

How's that calling people ignorant working out for you?

paolo59
07-15-2014, 09:30 AM
^^^^^^^Wussification of America.. :rolleyes:

LOL It's called 'respecting your elders!' They may be crazy, talk nonsense, seem completely out of it. But they're your elders. If over the past 4 or 5 decades young snot nosed kids had been slapped upside their heads for disrespect, this would be an entirely different world that we live in! I don't know if the police were called or not, in that particular incident. If so, having asked what happened, the cop should have slapped the ignorant little girl upside her head once again. :)

Old-Time-Lifter
07-15-2014, 09:31 AM
Never said she didn't have the right.

Stay illiterate.

She had the 'right' but if you're going to chime into a conversation in a negative fashion you shouldn't be surprised if you get a negative response.

I agree that the woman shouldn't have hit her.... as I said Jesus wouldn't approve of the beating of his lost sheep.

Should she go to jail? Well I'm guessing her age and mental capacity will come into play here. Did BH mention anyone calling the cops?

ajdahlheimer
07-15-2014, 09:34 AM
She had the 'right' but if you're going to chime into a conversation in a negative fashion you shouldn't be surprised if you get a negative response.

I agree that the woman shouldn't have hit her.... as I said Jesus wouldn't approve of the beating of his lost sheep.

Should she go to jail? Well I'm guessing her age and mental capacity will come into play here. Did BH mention anyone calling the cops?

I think the more important question is "Will the young chick keep her mouth shut next time in a similar situation?" My guess is YES. JMO.

so-tex
07-15-2014, 09:39 AM
LOL It's called 'respecting your elders!' They may be crazy, talk nonsense, seem completely out of it. But they're your elders. If over the past 4 or 5 decades young snot nosed kids had been slapped upside their heads for disrespect, this would be an entirely different world that we live in! I don't know if the police were called or not, in that particular incident. If so, having asked what happened, the cop should have slapped the ignorant little girl upside her head once again. :)

Exactly!

Cass40
07-15-2014, 09:51 AM

I was wondering if there is any cultural differences nowadays. In my community, I've noticed kids absolutely respect me because I'm older, but most of them are Latinos or from other minorities.
White kids are different.
Sorry if this sounds bad, I'm white myself. I was just wondering about this because I know so many people from other ethnicities that would do anything for their elders, and absolutely respect older people.

paolo59
07-15-2014, 09:58 AM
I was wondering if there is any cultural differences nowadays. In my community, I've noticed kids absolutely respect me because I'm older, but most of them are Latinos or from other minorities.
Sorry if this sounds bad, I'm white myself. I was just wondering about this because I know so many people from other ethnicities that would do anything for their elders, and absolutely respect older people.

I don't know. Can you imagine? An elderly little woman sitting at the bus stop in the rain, having a pleasant conversation with a 50 year old gentleman (You're not old BH ha!) only to be interrupted by a stupid, disrespectful little girl? If a young person will speak in such a manner to a complete stranger, you can only imagine how she speaks to her own parents! :(

Brackneyc
07-15-2014, 10:07 AM
I don't know. Can you imagine? An elderly little woman sitting at the bus stop in the rain, having a pleasant conversation with a 50 year old gentleman (You're not old BH ha!) only to be interrupted by a stupid, disrespectful little girl? If a young person will speak in such a manner to a complete stranger, you can only imagine how she speaks to her own parents! :(

The old lady would have rendered that young girl powerless and irrelevant in this scenario had she just kept on with her conversation as if the girl wasn't even there.

paolo59
07-15-2014, 10:12 AM
The old lady would have rendered that young girl powerless and irrelevant in this scenario had she just kept on with her conversation as if the girl wasn't even there.

Probably so. But it wouldn't have been anything as exciting! :)

silverlightning
07-15-2014, 10:19 AM
if someone hit my son or daughter with a physical objective there would be repercussions. no one has the right to hit someone else with an object unless it's self defense. that's it on out on this one.

eomrat
07-15-2014, 10:34 AM
no one has the right to hit someone else with an object unless it's self defense.

No ****. No one has suggested otherwise.

that's it on out on this one.

Thats probably for the best.

Fishman15
07-15-2014, 10:59 AM

Possibly Brack, but who is to say the young girl wouldn't have kept voicing her beliefs louder and more disruptive until she did get the reaction that she was looking for. If the girl was as disrespectful as she already showed, my guess is she would have kept it up. A typical disrespectful youth in today's society...

Brackneyc
07-15-2014, 11:13 AM
Possibly Brack, but who is to say the young girl wouldn't have kept voicing her beliefs louder and more disruptive until she did get the reaction that she was looking for. If the girl was as disrespectful as she already showed, my guess is she would have kept it up. A typical disrespectful youth in today's society...

But now we'll never know, because the old lady never tried it, even though it would have taken less effort to have done so.

The young lady was wrong for sure, but the old lady did nothing to change the disrespectful nature of young folks.

I am putting this on the older generation for having raised the youth to be so disrespectful. Parents are raising their kids to see every "slight" that comes their way as a reason to fight. I'm not asking someone to be a doormat, but measure out the response before doing it. That old lady wasn't in any danger, according to the story.

Fishman15
07-15-2014, 11:29 AM
But now we'll never know, because the old lady never tried it, even though it would have taken less effort to have done so.

The young lady was wrong for sure, but the old lady did nothing to change the disrespectful nature of young folks.

I am putting this on the older generation for having raised the youth to be so disrespectful. Parents are raising their kids to see every "slight" that comes their way as a reason to fight. I'm not asking someone to be a doormat, but measure out the response before doing it. That old lady wasn't in any danger, according to the story.

Less physical effort true, but holding back your true feelings is difficult for many...

acrawlingchaos
07-15-2014, 11:45 AM
I disagree with Msl and ACC. I think the young girl fully deserved a whack upside the head.A whack upside the head is a bit different then being struck bloody with a deadly weapon.

Pathlogically obnoxious atheist are exactly as annoying as pathological obnoxious religious people and both seem to have no concept.of propriety or the norms of civilized interactions.And striking people for expressing their opinion is a norm for you?

I was at a memorial service for a man that commited suicide and a douchebag started spouting off about how selfish an act suicide is. The only reason I didn't knocked his ass out was because the Chaplains Assistant beat me to it. Sorry, but I decline to weep for the poor victim of this abuse as he should have STFU.Couple points I would like to address.

An off color comment during a highly emotional ceremony for the recently deceased and chiming in with an opinion on god at a bus stop are not even close to a reasonable comparison.

It isn't all that unusual for someone to have odd, peculiar or inappropriate behavior around the death of loved ones.

You know what's more classless than off color comments at a funeral? Starting a fight at one.

No one did anything at the funeral. Senior NCO do not openly abuse their soldiers in plain sight. They would have waited until they could have discretely corrected him, or press for UCMJ action.

LOL It's called 'respecting your elders!' They may be crazy, talk nonsense, seem completely out of it. But they're your elders. If over the past 4 or 5 decades young snot nosed kids had been slapped upside their heads for disrespect, this would be an entirely different world that we live in!Whats the cut off? Should I respect you because of your age? Can you stop respecting your elders at 18? Do you have to respect your elders even if they are complete pieces of sh*t?

Respect is not given, it's earned....

acrawlingchaos
07-15-2014, 11:56 AM
I can understand how perhaps she was rude or foolish.... but wrong, I don't see it.

eomrat
07-15-2014, 12:07 PM
And striking people for expressing their opinion is a norm for you?

No. Why?

No one did anything at the funeral. Senior NCO do not openly abuse their soldiers in plain sight. They would have waited until they could have discretely corrected him, or press for UCMJ action.

It was a memorial service, not a funeral. Chaplains assistants are not Senior NCO's and the douchebag in question was not any of the present parties Soldier.

Also, if you are suggesting that Senior NCO's never hit anyone, I am just not sure where you got that idea.

acrawlingchaos
07-15-2014, 12:16 PM
No. Why?Clarification.

It was a memorial service, not a funeral. Chaplains assistants are not Senior NCO's and the douchebag in question was not any of the present parties Soldier.Fair enough, but it's classless to start fights at a memorial service as well.

And the "douchebags" reaction was still quite normal.

Also, if you are suggesting that Senior NCO's never hit anyone, I am just not sure where you got that idea.I know better, I've seen more than my fair share of abuse of power.

No, what I said is, Senior NCOs tend not to make a public spectacle of their abuse.

NotBigEnough206
07-15-2014, 12:26 PM
But the issues in the Balkans had been brewing for centuries, and I suspect it could and will erupt again.

Checking in from Balkans.

Yes it will happen again, these idiots here have such beautiful landscape, land, women, rivers, mountains, sea, no quakes, no disasters, beautiful women, good leisurely life.

But at the end, for centuries upon centuries, at each others throat and waiting impatiently for the first shot to be fired.

eomrat
07-15-2014, 12:33 PM
Clarification.

Fair enough, but it's classless to start fights at a memorial service as well.

Agreed

And the "douchebags" reaction was still quite normal.

I have been to a great many memorial services and I honestly have never heard anyone else bad mouth the dead at their service.

Brackneyc
07-15-2014, 12:45 PM
I can understand how perhaps she was rude or foolish.... but wrong, I don't see it.

Rude and foolish = wrong.

Capt_Lou
07-15-2014, 12:54 PM

If you said this the other way around you would be a racist.

Old-Time-Lifter
07-15-2014, 01:16 PM
Checking in from Balkans.

Yes it will happen again, these idiots here have such beautiful landscape, land, women, rivers, mountains, sea, no quakes, no disasters, beautiful women, good leisurely life.

But at the end, for centuries upon centuries, at each others throat and waiting impatiently for the first shot to be fired.

It's actually a very sad situation. :(

Thanks for your service btw.

acrawlingchaos
07-15-2014, 03:03 PM
I have been to a great many memorial services and I honestly have never heard anyone else bad mouth the dead at their service.Experiences vary.

Rude and foolish = wrong.Rude and foolish is subjective; so isn't wrong.

Bring lex talonis back. The little girl should have someone sit and insult her beliefs.... and the old ladies head should be split open with a metal rod.

It puts "wrong" in perspective.

bodyhard
07-15-2014, 03:32 PM
Wow I just posted what happen to me on a Sunday, I did not mean for it to become a religious VS atheist VS racist thread.

Ohh yeah, someone did call the cops, that is why I threw the shirt in the sewer and kept in moving I did not want any part of that sh!t.

Oceanside
07-15-2014, 03:36 PM
Wow I just posted what happen to me on a Sunday, I did not mean for it to become a religious VS atheist VS racist thread.

it's jeffs fault....

it's ALWAYS jeffs fault !

acrawlingchaos
07-15-2014, 03:56 PM
it's jeffs fault....

it's ALWAYS jeffs fault !Agreed, what a prick

Sorry BH

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

bodyhard
07-15-2014, 03:58 PM
Agreed, what a prick

Sorry BH

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

LMFAO!!!

you guys are nuts!

Brackneyc
07-15-2014, 04:01 PM
Rude and foolish is subjective; so isn't wrong.

Most things in life are subjective. Had that girl kept her mouth shut, she'd not have been caned. She was wrong.

Oceanside
07-15-2014, 04:17 PM
I was wondering if there is any cultural differences nowadays. In my community, I've noticed kids absolutely respect me

they respect you because you've got a nice ass and speak with an accent they can't figure out :)

Old-Time-Lifter
07-15-2014, 04:17 PM

Ohh yeah, someone did call the cops, that is why I threw the shirt in the sewer and kept in moving I did not want any part of that sh!t.

Well then hopefully the girl got some medical help. From your description she needed some prior to the incident anyways.

acrawlingchaos
07-15-2014, 04:23 PM
Most things in life are subjective, yet we have some things which most agree are wrong (societal norms). Inviting yourself into a conversation, and being rude on top of it is considered wrong in most places. Even in an organized debate, there are rules. On the street, it just makes good sense not to be "wrong" about matters such as this.Neither of us have the particulars of the conversation, so really have no idea who was really rude.

When you decide to share your beliefs at a bus station it can quickly turn into a sermon, you're forcing yourself on to the audience. If you want people to stay out of your conversation, don't bring them into into it.

I was taught this, and I taught my kids this. Don't be an ass, and you don't get caned.So you've taught your kids that abuse is acceptable? Or to simply expect it?

Perspective is seriously lost when a violent assailant is victimized and her crimes minimized, while the actual victim is blamed for her own beating.

so-tex
07-15-2014, 04:26 PM

You must be new here. :p

Oceanside
07-15-2014, 04:31 PM
When you decide to share your beliefs at a bus station it can quickly turn into a sermon, you're forcing yourself on to the audience. If you want people to stay out of your conversation, don't bring them into into it.

that's kind of what I was gettin at earlier in this thread...

the mere fact that his lady was talking about god to a stranger (john and maybe the kid she beat) does tend to indicate she was a bit of an extremist ...

Brackneyc
07-15-2014, 04:36 PM
So you've taught your kids that abuse is acceptable? Or to simply expect it?

I taught my kids to stay out of other people's business, period. Who said anything about teaching them that violence is acceptable, or to expect it. Of course it isn't acceptable, but yes, you should/can expect it (on some level) when you get into some people's business.

AC, you are pretty worldly-wise. I rather doubt even you would come into my town and do what that girl did at that bus stop, and I live in a town of 1000 people. I know guys that wouldn't even let you finish your sentence if you pulled that here. I don't advocate it, but I get it. You would be wrong to have put yourself in that situation, and them wrong for hurting you.

BrockDiCaprio
07-15-2014, 04:44 PM
This story reminds me of the indian beach fight video someone posted a little while ago, except no cows were involved

acrawlingchaos
07-15-2014, 04:47 PM
I taught my kids to stay out of other people's business, period. Who said anything about teaching them that violence is acceptable, or to expect it. Of course it isn't acceptable, but yes, you should/can expect it (on some level) when you get into some people's business.And does that apply when conversations are forced on to them? To be meek and accept whatever is spoken to them? To never speak out of line and never argue?

People have disagreements all the time... crazy how most of them never escalate to violence.

AC, you are pretty worldly-wise. I rather doubt even you would come into my town and do what that girl did at that bus stop, and I live in a town of 1000 people. I know guys that wouldn't even let you finish your sentence if you pulled that here. I don't advocate it, but I get it. You would be wrong to have put yourself in that situation, and them wrong for hurting you.You live in a f*cked up sh*thole. It's the sort of behavior I expect out of third world countries (srs).... and I have been to several.

Personally, if I am in an area that words can easily lead to violence, I carry..... (like I did in third world countries).

Fishman15
07-15-2014, 04:48 PM
Neither of us have the particulars of the conversation, so really have no idea who was really rude.

Well, from what I've read, the old lady and BH were having a conversation between themselves. The young girl then walks up with ear buds in her ears. How is this "bringing someone into the conversation"? Should the old lady have stopped mid sentence when the girl got close enough to hear or maybe waited till she may or may not pull her earbuds out and then stop mid sentence? I don't think the old lady was handing out sermon brochures, it was a one on one conversation. The little mouth piece should have walked away if she didn't like the conversation she walked into...

acrawlingchaos
07-15-2014, 04:54 PM
Well, from what I've read, the old lady and BH were having a conversation between themselves. The young girl then walks up with ear buds in her ears. How is this "bringing someone into the conversation"? Should the old lady have stopped mid sentence when the girl got close enough to hear or maybe waited till she may or may not pull her earbuds out and then stop mid sentence? I don't think the old lady was handing out sermon brochures, it was a one on one conversation. The little mouth piece should have walked away if she didn't like the conversation she walked into...Explained already.

Don't know the particulars of the conversation.
The "little mouth" was at a bus stop.... waiting for a bus I would assume.
The old lady was having an enigmatic conversation... at the same bus stop... where people are waiting.

In case you missed it... the little mouth didn't walk away... because she was... waiting for the bus.

so-tex
07-15-2014, 05:03 PM
Well, from what I've read, the old lady and BH were having a conversation between themselves. The young girl then walks up with ear buds in her ears. How is this "bringing someone into the conversation"? Should the old lady have stopped mid sentence when the girl got close enough to hear or maybe waited till she may or may not pull her earbuds out and then stop mid sentence? I don't think the old lady was handing out sermon brochures, it was a one on one conversation. The little mouth piece should have walked away if she didn't like the conversation she walked into...
Kinda what I was thinking, but there was no reason for the old lady to go batsh!t crazy and cane the girl just because she disagreed.

Brackneyc
07-15-2014, 05:06 PM
And does that apply when conversations are forced on to them? To be meek and accept whatever is spoken to them? To never speak out of line and never argue?

People have disagreements all the time... crazy how most of them never escalate to violence.

You live in a f*cked up sh*thole. It's the sort of behavior I expect out of third world countries (srs).... and I have been to several.

Personally, if I am in an area that words can easily lead to violence, I carry..... (like I did in third world countries).

AC, we are not talking about conversations "forced" on people. I have been pretty specific in my responses being geared towards the "facts" contained within the first post. Please stop adding things to the discussion to deviate from the original situation.

FWIW, I live in a fine place, and I get along in most places in the world because I do not start sht with random strangers, and then call it a "discussion." I have discussions with my friends all the time (hence the term, friends), and we do not always agree. I know them, and I know how far the "discussion" can go before it is time to change the subject.

I do not jump into the conversations of others (strangers, in this case), and think I have the right to say whatever the fck crosses my mind, and expect everyone to be ok with it.

I doubt you'd feel inclined to jump into a conversation at the local diner between two people you don't know, have a dissenting opinion (expressed rudely) and expect them to welcome you in. What you would do is, you'd get what you came for, and you'd leave, like 99.9% of people would. That small percentage of folks that DO get involved may have the debate of a lifetime, or get cracked with a cane.

FWIW, you live in an area that has the same kinds of people that live in my area. Everyone does.

NOVACommute
07-15-2014, 05:10 PM
This is why I drive my truck to work. I hate public trans.

kimm4
07-15-2014, 05:11 PM
When I was a kid I didn't get involved in big people conversations.

Why you ask? BECAUSE IT WAS NONE OF MY BUSINESS AND NO ONE FUKIN CARED WHAT I HAD TO SAY!

I'm sorry continue.

JediRN
07-15-2014, 05:59 PM

this is how I was raised. once, when I was twelve, I told my dad I was slapped by a complete stranger after smarting off to him, thinking that my dad would do something about it. he did... he slapped me. I never started off to elders after that.

The thing is I was having a really nice conversation with the woman, I did not agree with everything she was saying, but I was polite.

Her smile was gentle and her demeanor was very soft, but when the girl told her there wasn't any God, it was like night and day man. And even with that, I honestly did not expect her to hit the girl, especially at her age.

I wonder if that is going to be me in 20 years?

sticking to my demon theory.

Why you ask? BECAUSE IT WAS NONE OF MY BUSINESS AND NO ONE FUKIN CARED WHAT I HAD TO SAY!

I'm sorry continue.
Truth

acrawlingchaos
07-15-2014, 06:01 PM
AC, we are not talking about conversations "forced" on people. I have been pretty specific in my responses being geared towards the "facts" contained within the first post. Please stop adding things to the discussion to deviate from the original situation.Fair enough, words were had and the young girl left the conversation turning her back. The adult battered the young woman and a child because she was offended. She needs to be put in front of a judge and serve time.

FWIW, I live in a fine place, and I get along in most places in the world because I do not start sht with random strangers, and then call it a "discussion." I have discussions with my friends all the time (hence the term, friends), and we do not always agree. I know them, and I know how far the "discussion" can go before it is time to change the subject.

I do not jump into the conversations of others (strangers, in this case), and think I have the right to say whatever the fck crosses my mind, and expect everyone to be ok with it.I do... all the time and don't expect everyone to be OK with it. Never been hit, nor have I felt the need to beat a child for disagreeing. We look down on people that beat kids... especially if they're not theirs.

I doubt you'd feel inclined to jump into a conversation at the local diner between two people you don't know, have a dissenting opinion (expressed rudely) and expect them to welcome you in. What you would do is, you'd get what you came for, and you'd leave, like 99.9% of people would. That small percentage of folks that DO get involved may have the debate of a lifetime, or get cracked with a cane.If they were having a loud enigmatic discussion, and it was disturbing my god damned dinner, I would ask them to stfu with varying levels of politeness... depending on the situations.

If I was sitting at a bus stop, and strangers were having a livid discussion, I would (and have) engaged them.

FWIW, you live in an area that has the same kinds of people that live in my area. Everyone does.To varying degrees... absolutely.

Old-Time-Lifter
07-15-2014, 06:15 PM
Personally.............

I like turtles......................

http://media.giphy.com/media/8pTdV1s0ZTNM4/giphy.gif
http://media.giphy.com/media/ys2SDO6BgXjvG/giphy.gif
http://media0.giphy.com/media/xm27OEVjSxGh2/giphy.gif

latebloomingmom
07-15-2014, 06:15 PM

I'm sorry continue.amen

latebloomingmom
07-15-2014, 06:22 PM
that's kind of what I was gettin at earlier in this thread...

the mere fact that his lady was talking about god to a stranger (john and maybe the kid she beat) does tend to indicate she was a bit of an extremist ...oh I dunno ..it was sunday and she had her church clothes on and she and John were just having a conversation..

did the young lady have a right to join in? of course
this is America Jack
could she have done so with a bit more decorum and respect? um ya.
did you she deserve to be beaten for it? no that's called illegal :D

Oceanside
07-15-2014, 06:33 PM
oh I dunno ..it was sunday and she had her church clothes on and she and John were just having a conversation..

did the young lady have a right to join in? of course
this is America Jack
could she have done so with a bit more decorum and respect? um ya.
did you she deserve to be beaten for it? no that's called illegal :D

shut up !

latebloomingmom
07-15-2014, 06:34 PM
shut up !kiss my ass baby :D

awww see now doesn't that feel better OS?
I know I know its ok
it's been hard on you
all this trying to be softer lately ;)
oh and if you decide to go out for a walk today
ya know to fight off killer bees
or kick the neighbor's dog
dont wear your flip flops
my goodness but its hard to be tough in those things :D

DocHoss
07-15-2014, 09:10 PM
ooh, someone is cruisin' for a bruisin' :D

bodyhard
07-15-2014, 10:29 PM
For what is worth (and I am not trying to change anyone's opinion in the matter, but I just want to state a fact) when the girl stated her opinion about no God she said it in high hurting voice, like God hasn't done anything for me.

When the old lady starting telling her she had to reach out to God for him to accept you, the old lady was still pretty polite.

It was when the girl continued stating that the old lady was living in a fairy tale that BOTH of them became belligerent but it was the girl who try to end the conversation by starting to put back on her earbuds and that infuriated the old lady and she reacted.

IMO the girl was wrong for getting involved in our conversation and stating her opinion.

But the old lady was wrong on two accounts;

1. The old lady was wrong for even entertaining the girls interruption, she should have just looked at her like she was a retard and continue talking to me.

2. The old lady was way off hitting her.

Now I would be a damn f'cking liar if I say I would not have hit a dude if I was the one talking and some stranger interrupted me and put his two cents into my conversation regardless of what the topic is.

But I know it is wrong for me to react in such a manner, but I would be lying if I said I wouldn't.

Oceanside
07-15-2014, 10:41 PM
For what is worth (and I am not trying to change anyone's opinion in the matter, but I just want to state a fact) when the girl stated her opinion about no God she said it in high hurting voice, like God hasn't done anything for me.

When the old lady starting telling her she had to reach out to God for him to accept you, the old lady was still pretty polite.

It was when the girl continued stating that the old lady was living in a fairy tale that BOTH of them became belligerent but it was the girl who try to end the conversation by starting to put back on her earbuds and that infuriated the old lady and she reacted.

IMO the girl was wrong for getting involved in our conversation and stating her opinion.

But the old lady was wrong on two accounts;

1. The old lady was wrong for even entertaining the girls interruption, she should have just looked at her like she was a retard and continue talking to me.

2. The old lady was way off hitting her.

Now I would be a damn f'cking liar if I say I would not have hit a dude if I was the one talking and some stranger interrupted me and put his two cents into my conversation regardless of what the topic is.

But I know it is wrong for me to react in such a matter, but I would be lying if I said I wouldn't.

lol..

my buddy john :)

i really need to come to the bronx..

seriously !

be a good time !

bodyhard
07-15-2014, 10:43 PM
lol..

my buddy john :)

i really need to come to the bronx..

seriously !

be a good time !

Dude seriously you should we will have a blast man, trust me.

acrawlingchaos
07-15-2014, 10:46 PM

But I know it is wrong for me to react in such a matter, but I would be lying if I said I wouldn't.I'm not calling you a liar, but I don't think you would have resorted to violence immediately.

From reading you stories, if he butted into the conversation, my guess is you would assert yourself and tell him to STFU and mind his own business. Then beat his ass if he did anything other than apologize. You wouldn't have invited him into the conversation.

I may be off base, but I don't think so.

bodyhard
07-15-2014, 10:54 PM
I'm not calling you a liar, but I don't think you would have resorted to violence immediately.

From reading you stories, if he butted into the conversation, my guess is you would assert yourself and tell him to STFU and mind his own business. Then beat his ass if he did anything other than apologize. You wouldn't have invited him into the conversation.

I may be off base, but I don't think so.

No you are 100% correct.

I suck at arguing and I usually do two things, walk away if I feel my knees and hands shaking uncontrollably or hit.

What I meant to say (but I suck at articulating myself correctly) was that the end result would more than likely be a physical altercation, but AFTER I would have told him to mind his own business and if he would have asserted himself and I felt disrespected.

I suck at expressing my meaning in writing :(

acrawlingchaos
07-15-2014, 11:10 PM
No you are 100% correct.

I suck at arguing and I usually do two things, walk away if I feel my knees and hands shaking uncontrollably or hit.

What I meant to say (but I suck at articulating myself correctly) was that the end result would more than likely be a physical altercation, but AFTER I would have told him to mind his own business and if he would have asserted himself and I felt disrespected.

I suck at expressing my meaning in writing :(I just think you are a lot more reasonable then you let on. You keep it straight and simple, and there is no bones about where you stand. Even though I think you resort to violence too quickly, I have never seen you mention an instance where you didn't give fair warning that they need to back the f*ck off.

I take NO issue if two people want to take to fists. You make the line clear, I decide if I want to cross it.... fair warning = fair game.

You invite me into the conversation, then sucker punch me while my pack is turned.... that would make you a punk. I know that isn't you.

EDIT: I'm not arguing.... it's a solid discussion.

jeffaus
07-16-2014, 03:56 AM
LMFAO IRL

So here's the cliff's:

BH has argument with Patty
BH goes for walk and sits at bus stop cause its raining
Old Black lady with cane and young pretty white girl with earphones appear at bus top
Fight between old lady and young girl commences due to differences in religious beliefs
Spanish father with kids in toe gets involved
A kid gets caned by old lady and father goes nuts
BH cant control an old lady, a young girl and a Spanish dad ( laughed my ass off the hardest just picturing this )
A van load of fight breaker upperer's appears and takes control of situation

Moral of the story..............................wait,.......... ................... who gives a fkc about a moral, its a funny as hell story. 5 star thread.