PDA

View Full Version : College Football 2014-2015, let's get pumped up

ThanMerril
07-14-2014, 12:59 AM
only a month a half to go!

RyX20tl-fJU

meFVr5KQZDQ

so many good games to look forward to

the feels of being at your local team's stadium at max capacity, insane atmosphere

the tailgaiting

still get goosebumps whenever I watch the auburn-alabama field goal miss return

waking up to watch ESPN college gameday

hnnnnngggggg

new playoff system

o6ZvwvUlbsM

my body is ready

lay it on me

FlashWad3
07-14-2014, 01:11 AM
Hngggggggggggg

PervedOut
07-14-2014, 04:19 AM
http://itsalwayssunnyindetroit.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/denard-elbow-gif.gif

jtaylor2010
07-14-2014, 04:44 AM
N-T85N79t6A

And because it isn't just about the adrenaline...there's plenty of lulz to be had( I was actually surprised there isn't a good fails compilation)

2nGbxONFMjg

cowboyhaze
07-14-2014, 07:13 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CT7weqNYyxA

Miz-Zou
07-14-2014, 07:17 AM
In! Totally anxious to see if my team turns the corner or sh!t the bed. Gonna be a good season regardless, looking forward to taking the trip to South Carolina as well and seeing Williams-Brice Stadium.

jtaylor2010
07-14-2014, 07:38 AM
In! Totally anxious to see if my team turns the corner or sh!t the bed. Gonna be a good season regardless, looking forward to taking the trip to South Carolina as well and seeing Williams-Brice Stadium.

You already have tickets? I'm hoping to make it to that one, but it's my wedding anniversary so we'll see. My wife is a huge SC fan too though so we may be out there(will probably depend on what time the game is). If so perhaps misc meetup before the game. Either way I think you'll enjoy yourself. SC fans aren't bad compared to a lot of other places. Plus the environment is amazing.

pJHL-hZOqnQ

As far as Mizzou goes I think the first year in conference injuries wrecked yall's team and you underachieved. Last season things fell into place and a lot of other teams got beat up so the Tigers over achieved. I'm expecting around 8-9 wins for Mizzou.

lsiberian
07-14-2014, 07:40 AM
I'm starting to feel it now OP. This gonna be good.

dougefresh93
07-14-2014, 07:41 AM
my body... is ready.

Heaney
07-14-2014, 07:47 AM
Have been peppering all offseason, hoping Michigan can get a positive rushing yardage play atleast once this year

jtaylor2010
07-14-2014, 07:49 AM
also, the official unofficial start to college football kicks off in a little over an hour when SEC Media days gets underway. Figured I'd toss out some Spurrier quotes to celebrate(damn I'm gonna miss him when he's gone).

On the Gamecocks' matchup at Tennessee "Will be the 14th time I've coached in Neyland Stadium. ... I've coached there more than some of their head coaches."

On his age: "The Pope is 77 years old and he's in charge of a billion people. All I have to do is put 11 on the field."

On playing the Dawgs early: "I don't know. I sort of always liked playing them that second game because you could always count on them having two or three key players suspended."

On Georgia recruiting: "Why is it that during recruiting season they sign all the great players, but when it comes time to play the game, we have all the great players? I don't understand that. What happens to them?"

On recruiting: "In 12 years at Florida, I don't think we ever signed a kid from the state of Alabama ... Of course, we found out later that the scholarships they were giving out at Alabama were worth a whole lot more than ours."

On illegal hits against Danny Wuerffel: "He's like a New Testament person. He gets slapped up side the face, and turns the other cheek and says, 'Lord, forgive them for they know not what they're doing.' I'm probably more of an Old Testament guy. You spear our guy in the earhole, we think we're supposed to spear you in the earhole. That's kind of where we're a little different."

On the Death Valley nickname: "Most of our guys have never been to Death Valley. (LSU's stadium) is the Death Valley, isn't it? Or is there another one? There's two of them. That's right. There's two Death Valleys."

"You think I make the schedule? If I made the schedule, Georgia would be playing LSU and we'd be playing Ole Miss." -- Spurrier on playing against SEC West opponents.

On the state of the South Carolina program (widely attributed, but probably not an original): "We aren't LSU and we aren't Alabama. But we sure ain't Clemson."

On Dabo Swinney's anger over the above quote: "I said, ‘Well, what do you want me to do? I didn't say it.' Smart people don't believe everything they read, and they don't believe hearsay. ... I guess Dabo believed it."

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/9203843/y44xali.0_standard_352.0.jpg

FlashWad3
07-14-2014, 08:01 AM
12pm games are 2am Sundays here. So I either wake up and watch them right through until 4pm Sunday or come home pissed after being out until 4am and end up putting drunken bets on games.

Good feels.

neighborr
07-14-2014, 09:10 AM
Tfw any season for your team that doesn't end in a F4 bid is a complete failure

Not sure if feels good or bad man

woody19
07-14-2014, 09:13 AM
USC's year to regain its rightful place on the top of the PAC. Setting up for its return to college footballs supreme overlord next year.

Postmort3m
07-14-2014, 09:16 AM
NCAA Football>NFL

Heaney
07-14-2014, 10:00 AM
NCAA Football>NFL

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/46297610.jpg

Grapist
07-14-2014, 10:38 AM
Slive (SEC commish) just went in on NCAA and gave them a deadline to meet our demands or the Big 5 conferences are walking. Bang bang.

Honestly I think a&m will do better than last year as well depending on if our qb doesn't turn the ball over. 3 animals at running back, studly o-line, and an improved defense. Not much harder to improve on our god awful d but we have myles garrett who is said to be the biggest freak of nature any of our players have seen. Like next Clowney freaky. He chased down trey Williams (awesome rb) in practice and has been giving ogbuehi (consensus top tackle in next years draft) all he can handle.+

Tears
07-14-2014, 11:24 AM
i hnngggg hard.

ErickSRT4
07-14-2014, 11:32 AM
the feels of being at your local team's stadium at max capacity, insane atmosphere

saw location, you havent had those feels in quite some time op.

woody19
07-14-2014, 11:33 AM
Slive (SEC commish) just went in on NCAA and gave them a deadline to meet our demands or the Big 5 conferences are walking. Bang bang.

Honestly I think a&m will do better than last year as well depending on if our qb doesn't turn the ball over. 3 animals at running back, studly o-line, and an improved defense. Not much harder to improve on our god awful d but we have myles garrett who is said to be the biggest freak of nature any of our players have seen. Like next Clowney freaky. He chased down trey Williams (awesome rb) in practice and has been giving ogbuehi (consensus top tackle in next years draft) all he can handle.+

Garret is a monster. I think any qb will be relatively successful in that system. But I think you guys will be average this upcoming year (D will still be pretty bad). After that the recruiting classes especially on the defensive side should start paying dividends.

ThanMerril
07-14-2014, 12:12 PM
saw location, you havent had those feels in quite some time op.

lol don't be too quick to assume brah!

once the season starts I travel all over the states partying and going to college football games

I'm a UCF knights fan, not miami or fiu

LebrondaJames
07-14-2014, 12:22 PM
http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/002/692/894/ScreenShot2014-01-06at8.37.19PM_original_crop_north.jpeg?w=630&h=420&q=75

woody19
07-14-2014, 01:19 PM
Pac-12 overview (USC Homer)
Arizona-Lots of question marks, good coach, 7 wins
ASU-Proven QB, RB, WR, inconsistent team 9-10 wins
Cal-Cant be any worse, Goff is legit 4 wins
Col-not enough talent, but getting better 4 wins
Ore-Marriota, marshal, and tyner are legit, think their coach blows 9-10 wins
Ore St-Mannion is solid, oline should be good, good coach 7-8 wins
Stan-Loses too much, Hogan is a bum, 8-9 wins
ucla-Hundley is good, jack is good, but the ruins always fail when they have expectations 8-9 wins
USC-Average coach/QB/OL/CBs everything else really good 10wins
Utah-Descending solid coach, usually a physical scrappy team 6 wins
Wash-Really good coach, lost best player, but still have some studs 9-10 wins
Wash St- Good coach, dangerous team if you cant rush the passer 7-8 wins

neighborr
07-14-2014, 01:31 PM
Pac-12 overview (USC Homer)
Arizona-Lots of question marks, good coach, 7 wins
ASU-Proven QB, RB, WR, inconsistent team 9-10 wins
Cal-Cant be any worse, Goff is legit 4 wins
Col-not enough talent, but getting better 4 wins
Ore-Marriota, marshal, and tyner are legit, think their coach blows 9-10 wins
Ore St-Mannion is solid, oline should be good, good coach 7-8 wins
Stan-Loses too much, Hogan is a bum, 8-9 wins
ucla-Hundley is good, jack is good, but the ruins always fail when they have expectations 8-9 wins
USC-Average coach/QB/OL/CBs everything else really good 10wins
Utah-Descending solid coach, usually a physical scrappy team 6 wins
Wash-Really good coach, lost best player, but still have some studs 9-10 wins
Wash St- Good coach, dangerous team if you cant rush the passer 7-8 wins

no need to read any further

uabeng
07-14-2014, 01:35 PM
I'm excited... I'll be in Atlanta for the Bama opener. Roll tide. :D

Drufeus
07-14-2014, 02:00 PM
Pumped for my Buckeyes. Picked up tickets for the Maryland game. NCAA football is fuking amazing. Playoff will be interesting as its only 4 teams. Its a start I guess. Also, Fuk M*ch*g*n. Ann Arbor's a whore!!

Mafiafolife77
07-14-2014, 04:43 PM
My angus is so peppered

DewyDeadlifts
07-14-2014, 05:12 PM
too excited brahs

travelling to Austin for the BYU Texas game this year. If any misc brahs are gonna be there and want to potential misc meetup let me know, always nice getting yucky with the locals when I'm wearing my BYU gear. I get some great reactions and rarely have to buy my own drinks

ThanMerril
07-14-2014, 05:41 PM
been seein a lot of hopefuls for USC making the playoffs this year

gonna be interesting, they definitely have the potential

I say watchout for baylor, they had a bitter ending to their otherwise amazing season, that point-per-minute offense will be back with a vengeance

FeFocus
07-14-2014, 05:46 PM
Last season things fell into place and a lot of other teams got beat up so the Tigers over achieved.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111119363/3870423-7600354178-tumbl.gif

On the state of the South Carolina program (widely attributed, but probably not an original): "We aren't LSU and we aren't Alabama. But we sure ain't Clemson."

On Dabo Swinney's anger over the above quote: "I said, ‘Well, what do you want me to do? I didn't say it.' Smart people don't believe everything they read, and they don't believe hearsay. ... I guess Dabo believed it."

Grew up in a FSU family while Spurrier was at Florida and then I went to Clemson. Needless to say, I'm tired of this guy.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-7-8Mlqs-OWg/Uzt2j3QDO2I/AAAAAAAAE50/dSHbtMg0I1o/s3200/SPURRIER_RAGE.gif

jtaylor2010
07-14-2014, 06:00 PM
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111119363/3870423-7600354178-tumbl.gif

Was talking about the Missouri Tigers. UGA and UF got beat up pretty bad pretty bad so Mizzou took advantage and strolled through the East. Pretty much the opposite of their inaugural season.

Grew up in a FSU family while Spurrier was at Florida and then I went to Clemson. Needless to say, I'm tired of this guy.

Would say I know that feel....but I only watched Tammy Bowden beat SC four times in a row, not five. And you may hate him, but at least he gives us plenty of good lulz with his quotes. Not quite the groundbreaking we get from Dabo Swinney like "It's only unthinkable if you don't think it"....but still pretty good.

Metonic
07-14-2014, 06:51 PM
http://fifth-quarter.fifthquarter.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Oregon-Michigan-State.jpg

Laaaaaaaaaaawd so ready for this game.

Hd0vWuS9xxI

spillmouse
07-14-2014, 07:18 PM
goosEbumps OP

METALxGEAR
07-14-2014, 07:25 PM
Mariota the next heisman trophy winner c'mon braahhh

Tears
07-14-2014, 08:11 PM
c6FyxnS6qX8

PervedOut
07-15-2014, 04:35 AM
Pumped for my Buckeyes. Picked up tickets for the Maryland game. NCAA football is fuking amazing. Playoff will be interesting as its only 4 teams. Its a start I guess. Also, Fuk M*ch*g*n. Ann Arbor's a whore!!
Stefon Diggs can come check out what he passed on to "win championships"

scotyg
07-15-2014, 05:47 AM
Big 12 preview:

1. Baylor: Most talented team in the conference with freaks on both sides of the ball. Return a Heisman contender at qb.
2. K-state: good defense that has gotten more althetic every year. 2nd best qb in the conference who's throwing to one of the best wrs in the country. Plus Snyder teams always run the ball well.
3. Oklahoma: best defense in the conference. Not sold on knight though and if you can't score points consistently you can't win this conference.
4. Texas: absolute wildcard. Only putting them this high because of raw talent and I think strong is a good coach.
5. Texas tech: good qb/offense but not enough on defense to do much in the conference race.
6. Oklahoma state: questions at qb and an exodus of seniors on defense point to one of their worst seasons of the past 5 years
7. TCU: solid as always on d but they can't score
8. Iowa state: scrappy and will be better on offense with mangino but just not that good. Will pull a big upset at some point to completely blow up the race for the big 12 ship which is good enough for the Iowa state fan base to keep your job.
9. West Virginia: pretty much terrible in every way. Potential for holgrem getting fired.
10: Kansas: see west Virginia

Heaney
07-15-2014, 06:41 AM

This is the most inbred thing I've ever read lol.....also, isnt it supposed to be th "M" that is *'d out.......fuk, Bucknuts are retards

http://cosbysweaters.nextimpulsemedia.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/LFCht7T.jpg

brb apparently the M in team doesn't exist

efoi
07-15-2014, 06:57 AM
Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng

PervedOut
07-15-2014, 09:06 AM
This is the most inbred thing I've ever read lol.....also, isnt it supposed to be th "M" that is *'d out.......fuk, Bucknuts are retards

[img]http://cosbysweaters.nextimpulsemedia.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/LFCht7T.jpg[img]

brb apparently the M in team doesn't exist
I cringe hard as fck when I see this. Its mainly used by middle aged obese men.

Tears
07-16-2014, 02:17 AM
I liked your links, OP, but you should've lead with this.

O9K-dxPOPgY

edit: in fact, this pump up probably deserves its own thead.

woody19
07-16-2014, 05:23 AM
Laaaaaaaaaaawd so ready for this game.

Hows Mich St's defense looking? I know they lost quite a bit, but they retained the DC which was probably the biggest recruiting win. I think they will beat oregon, I think ore is on there way back to mediocrity without chipper.

dirtdickens
07-16-2014, 05:45 AM
Hows Mich St's defense looking? I know they lost quite a bit, but they retained the DC which was probably the biggest recruiting win. I think they will beat oregon, I think ore is on there way back to mediocrity without chipper.

I agree. I think MSU will end up winning a 24-21, or 28-24ish type of game.

PervedOut
07-16-2014, 05:50 AM
I kinda rage when certain schools are able to retain all their coordinators, consistently