PDA

View Full Version : this DeGrom kid is legit.

melanimal_old
07-13-2014, 11:42 AM
could see a #2 starter ceiling here IMO.

ShweezyBTFO
07-13-2014, 12:11 PM
Yeah in NY we've been talking about him for a while, earlier in the year he was pitching very well but not getting Ws because of the mets bullpen of peace. Glad to see the wins are starting to come around for him too.

melanimal_old
07-13-2014, 12:14 PM
Yeah in NY we've been talking about him for a while, earlier in the year he was pitching very well but not getting Ws because of the mets bullpen of peace. Glad to see the wins are starting to come around for him too.

sits 95 to 96. Mets could have a nice little rotation if anyone gets to their ceiling. The offense on the other hand is a whole different story

YoungEx20
07-13-2014, 12:15 PM
With Harvey and Wheeler there they'd hope he's a great #3.

melanimal_old
07-13-2014, 12:21 PM

Wheeler still iffy

YoungEx20
07-13-2014, 12:32 PM
Wheeler still iffy
He is but the idea still is that he should develop into a dependable #2

ShweezyBTFO
07-13-2014, 12:46 PM
sits 95 to 96. Mets could have a nice little rotation if anyone gets to their ceiling. The offense on the other hand is a whole different story

d'Arnaud has been swinging a hot bat lately. Maybe he's finally breaking through after nearly 2 years???

melanimal_old
07-13-2014, 01:09 PM
He is but the idea still is that he should develop into a dependable #2

dependable is what im worried about. The stuff is obviously there. Its just completely erratic.

As for D'arnaud I think hes just an everyday guy. Nimmo looks like a stud, shame he wont be sticking in CF though. Conforto is also a high obp guy. So their corner OF's should be athletic high OBP players.

sn24
07-13-2014, 01:14 PM

Synergaard has some potential too right?

socrates07
07-13-2014, 01:14 PM
link pretty plz

sandpapergooch
07-13-2014, 02:30 PM
Harvey
Wheeler
Degrom
Syndergaard
Niese

plus the bullpen guys (familia/edgin/black/mejia) are all legit. d'Arnaud should be a .270. 20hr 70-80rbi guy which would make him one of the better offensive catchers in the game. Lagares is a gold glove centerfielder with a decent bat(bottom of the order). They're a LF'er away from being a great team, hopefully they sign that cuban guy Tomas in the of season.

ECT
07-13-2014, 02:31 PM
link pretty plz
http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/mets/jacob-degrom-surging-mets-sweep-marlins-to-finish-8-2-homestand-1.8787392

"Rookie Jacob deGrom (3-5) continued what has been an impressive stretch. In seven innings, the righthander held the Marlins to one run, which came only because of a defensive miscue in the outfield. Over his last five starts, deGrom has pitched to a 1.38 ERA"

I love how he gives absolutely zero fuks while hes pitching.

jross2021
07-13-2014, 02:37 PM
Harvey
Wheeler
Degrom
Syndergaard
Niese

plus the bullpen guys (familia/edgin/black/mejia) are all legit. d'Arnaud should be a .270. 20hr 70-80rbi guy which would make him one of the better offensive catchers in the game. Lagares is a gold glove centerfielder with a decent bat(bottom of the order). They're a LF'er away from being a great team, hopefully they sign that cuban guy Tomas in the of season.

Montero >

sandpapergooch
07-13-2014, 02:42 PM
Montero >

I see him being packaged with dillon gee for a ss, he's kind of been the forgotten man. I could also see niese traded since steve matz looks like the real deal, this team is loaded with pitchers

NewYorkMets
07-13-2014, 04:13 PM
they also have catching prospect kevin plawecki who is moving fast through the system, will most likely be a trading chip for a bat along with another pitcher. happy TDA has turned it around, duda Is going to finish the year with about 25 home runs and close to 90 rbi's. they got the whole ike davis-lucas duda fiasco right.

MrStrange
07-13-2014, 04:48 PM
Also Mejia as the closer has proven to be pretty good. Parnell pissed me off to often.

jross2021
07-13-2014, 04:49 PM
I see him being packaged with dillon gee for a ss, he's kind of been the forgotten man. I could also see niese traded since steve matz looks like the real deal, this team is loaded with pitchers

I feel you. Love Montero though. His only issue is that he doesn't like to work the count. He'll come right for you.

sandpapergooch
07-13-2014, 05:03 PM
they also have catching prospect kevin plawecki who is moving fast through the system, will most likely be a trading chip for a bat along with another pitcher. happy TDA has turned it around, duda Is going to finish the year with about 25 home runs and close to 90 rbi's. they got the whole ike davis-lucas duda fiasco right.

Dont forget dilson herrera. Another hr today puts his numbers at .330 3hr 19rbi in AA, not bad for a 20 year old

Smoker145
07-13-2014, 05:26 PM
Degrom looks good but well see where he is after next year. I've read into all the ny hype over wheeler and I'm not convinced he's a 1 or 2 at all.

TyGuy505
07-13-2014, 05:33 PM
Synergaard has some potential too right?

yea he'll prob turn out better than wheeler imo, see wheeler as 3 and degrom as 4

NewYorkMets
07-13-2014, 05:35 PM
Dont forget dilson herrera. Another hr today puts his numbers at .330 3hr 19rbi in AA, not bad for a 20 year old

nice, an actual second baseman.

melanimal_old
07-14-2014, 05:14 AM
you mets fans are a little bullish on your hitting. Nimmo and Conforto are the only ones with any chance of being able to contribute.

AlphaQUp4This
07-14-2014, 06:37 AM
you mets fans are a little bullish on your hitting. Nimmo and Conforto are the only ones with any chance of being able to contribute.
I'd love if the Angels could work out a trade with the Mets for a young arm/bullpen piece. We have 2-3 hitters who aren't every day guys for us right now who could start on most teams (Green, Cowgill, Navarro). I wouldn't mind giving up Cron either, depending on the pitcher.

jross2021
07-14-2014, 07:22 AM

But who was puello da Gawd? A guy gets suspended and suddenly he doesn't exist?

bucsdodgers
07-14-2014, 07:25 AM
Degrom has been solid and he has better control then wheeler!

ImInSaiyan
07-14-2014, 08:12 AM
Those losses earlier in the season were because the team couldn't score. He's already solid right now

FlashWad3
07-14-2014, 08:15 AM
What about Granderson brahs

sandpapergooch
07-14-2014, 09:44 AM

Law/Parks/etc. all believe Dilson Herrera will be a solid everyday 2nd basemen and they where saying that before he started dominating AA. Plawecki is a top 40 prospect and dominic smith is a doubles machine at 19yo which hopefully means the power is on its way. Then theres Amed Rosario who Parks and others have said has a chance to be an impact player in the future.

I'd love if the Angels could work out a trade with the Mets for a young arm/bullpen piece. We have 2-3 hitters who aren't every day guys for us right now who could start on most teams (Green, Cowgill, Navarro). I wouldn't mind giving up Cron either, depending on the pitcher.

Cowgill isnt a starter, hes one of the worst everyday players I've ever seen when he was with the Mets last year. Mets also dont need a 1st basemen so cron is out.