PDA

View Full Version : official melo back to NY

RamRod2334
07-12-2014, 11:33 AM
Bulls and Houston told by melo's representative to move on. Bulls need to gun for gasol and lance today.

Guess it isn't really "about winning"

DasPhilosopher
07-12-2014, 11:34 AM
Yes!!

YWOC
07-12-2014, 11:36 AM
Strong source

L0lJ0ker3
07-12-2014, 11:36 AM
Bulls and Houston told by mall's representative to move on. Bulls need to gun for gasol and lance today.

This times 1000

RamRod2334
07-12-2014, 11:39 AM
Strong source

Put on ESPN you potato they just announced it

RamRod2334
07-12-2014, 11:44 AM
I dont get this guy.

All said and done I'd rather have a net worth of $250 million or so and a ring (at least put myself in position for one) then a net worth of $300 million and be known as only being about the money. How could you want to go back to NY if you openly acknowledge this is your last shot at a title?

I understand $50mil is a LOT of money but he said himself "I am not worried about money I'm worried about championships"

Carmelos legacy = greedy ball hog that puts $$$ over winning

JetLife21
07-12-2014, 11:45 AM
Bulls and Houston told by melo's representative to move on. Bulls need to gun for gasol and lance today.

Guess it isn't really "about winning"

The Bulls only have the cap space for one of the two and will have to do a sign and trade and dump Boozer just to be able to sign Gasol.

AreolaBorealis
07-12-2014, 11:51 AM
Melo will never see the 2nd round ever lmfao

Briisk
07-12-2014, 11:56 AM
If he won a championship in Chicago, he would have had the treatment of a king for the rest of his life in Chicago.

RamRod2334
07-12-2014, 11:58 AM
If he won a championship in Chicago, he would have had the treatment of a king for the rest of his life in Chicago.

Exactly,

Now he retires in 5 years after his final contract expires in NY and he's forgotten about by 2025.

Strong legacy, but hey at least you have that extra $50million.

Fails to realize the endorsement opportunities that come with leading the 3rd largest market in US to a 'chip he'd probably make that money up.

flexnation
07-12-2014, 12:02 PM
Melo will never see the 2nd round ever lmfao

He took the nuggets to the WCF one year.

DasPhilosopher
07-12-2014, 12:05 PM
If that makes the derrick rose circus disperse. Then I'm happy.

BuckN20T
07-12-2014, 12:07 PM

With AI, Billups, and a healthy KMart.

L0lJ0ker3
07-12-2014, 12:11 PM

No pretty sure that team lost to the Spurs in round 1.

flexnation
07-12-2014, 12:12 PM

And? The statement made was that melo will never see the second round, that's what I responded to. The roster is irrelevant.

BuckN20T
07-12-2014, 12:18 PM
No pretty sure that team lost to the Spurs in round 1.

Excluding AI, my bad

RamRod2334
07-12-2014, 12:19 PM
And? The statement made was that melo will never see the second round, that's what I responded to. The roster is irrelevant.

What's the difference? The WCF isn't a championship. Its really irrelevant as a whole

YWOC
07-12-2014, 12:22 PM
Have fun being forever known as a loser with no rings, Melo

JorgeZimmermen
07-12-2014, 12:42 PM
At the end of the day I doubt these players care about their "legacy" as much as you guys think they do.
He knows he'll never be mentioned with the likes of Jordan, Kobe, Wilt, Magic, Bird, etc. so his best option is to just do what's best for him and his family and take that extra $50million in NY.... even if he took that cut and signed with the bulls, a championship wouldn't be a sure thing. Derrick "Glass Knees" Rose will never be the same.

WestAfrica
07-12-2014, 01:27 PM
So basically its either place your faith in Derrick Rose's peasant knees or place faith in Phil and the massive amount of contract money that will be freed next year. Yeah uh give me NYK, CHI stay mad.

swimmer32
07-12-2014, 01:30 PM
So basically its either place your faith in Derrick Rose's peasant knees or place faith in Phil and the massive amount of contract money that will be freed next year. Yeah uh give me NYK, CHI stay mad.

Yeah....but who is NY going to sign next year? Odds are that Kevin Love gets traded and signs an extension before the offseason. The Knicks will be left with a lot of money, and nobody to sign.

Melo back to Knicks says a lot about him. He turned down a great chance for a ring or two to take the most money he could possibly get. I don't blame him....but it's certainly not what he said he cared about.

WestAfrica
07-12-2014, 01:33 PM
Yeah....but who is NY going to sign next year? Odds are that Kevin Love gets traded and signs an extension before the offseason. The Knicks will be left with a lot of money, and nobody to sign.

Melo back to Knicks says a lot about him. He turned down a great chance for a ring or two to take the most money he could possibly get. I don't blame him....but it's certainly not what he said he cared about.

Ok so who says that Melo on Chi has a better chance than Melo in NYK in a year or two from now. What if Melo signs with Chi and Mr . Glass breaks his knee again then what?

wickedman
07-12-2014, 01:34 PM
It's alright, he was never good enough to have any kind of legacy in the NBA anyway. Losing out the rest of his career is par for the course at this point.

flexnation
07-12-2014, 01:41 PM
Ok so who says that Melo on Chi has a better chance than Melo in NYK in a year or two from now. What if Melo signs with Chi and Mr . Glass breaks his knee again then what?

Even without Rose, the bulls would have been the best team in the East with melo. Look what they did last season without anyone who could get their own shot. Put melo on that team and we're talking about how the spurs won a hard fought series against the Chicago Bulls.

RamRod2334
07-12-2014, 01:42 PM

Marc Gasol is only big name player that MIGHT be available next off season. The bulls without d rose are still significantly better than the Knicks. Sorry but outside of the money this was a terrible decision.

Carmelo with Noah, Gibson, et al > Carmelo on the Knicks

RamRod2334
07-12-2014, 01:45 PM
Even without Rose, the bulls would have been the best team in the East with melo. Look what they did last season without anyone who could get their own shot. Put melo on that team and we're talking about how the spurs won a hard fought series against the Chicago Bulls.

^ this x10000000

Repped

The window in the eastern conference is 2 years MAX until this Cavs team is going to be DESTROYING the competition. You mean to tell me that in Carmelo's mind he thinks he has a better shot of beating LBJ, Wiggins, kyrie, etc. As a member of the knicks then alongside d rose and joakim Noah?

No. Money is all its about. Its clear at this point. That's why Carmelo will never be a champion

ADMirIN
07-12-2014, 01:57 PM
^ this x10000000

Repped

The window in the eastern conference is 2 years MAX until this Cavs team is going to be DESTROYING the competition. You mean to tell me that in Carmelo's mind he thinks he has a better shot of beating LBJ, Wiggins, kyrie, etc. As a member of the knicks then alongside d rose and joakim Noah?

No. Money is all its about. Its clear at this point. That's why Carmelo will never be a champion

more like Lala has him on a tight leash lol

TheCore84
07-12-2014, 02:32 PM
I dont get this guy.

All said and done I'd rather have a net worth of $250 million or so and a ring (at least put myself in position for one) then a net worth of $300 million and be known as only being about the money. How could you want to go back to NY if you openly acknowledge this is your last shot at a title?

I understand $50mil is a LOT of money but he said himself "I am not worried about money I'm worried about championships"

Carmelos legacy = greedy ball hog that puts $$$ over winning
This times infinity.

Vbrah
07-12-2014, 02:36 PM
melo never really seemed to be the guy that cared about winning or his legacy anyway. he's in it to get paid, and there's nothing wrong with that imo

sandpapergooch
07-12-2014, 02:38 PM
Hate this greedy phaggot. Phil jackson looks like a fool for the 2nd time and the season hasnt even started yet

cheerupemokid
07-12-2014, 02:41 PM

It'd be more accurate to say that Billups took them there. He took over the team and called out Karl for his bull**** (the nuggets literally had no inbounds plays) and carried the team in game one when everyone (including) was playing scared be draining 3's against the Hornets.

TheCore84
07-12-2014, 03:03 PM

He obviously meant from now onwards jeez brah.

TheCore84
07-12-2014, 03:08 PM
This. The Bulls have been formidable the past two seasons even without Rose.

AreolaBorealis
07-12-2014, 03:11 PM
He took the nuggets to the WCF one year.I meant from going forward. Melo's career playoff series record is 3-10 and 23-43 in games. That's fuking horrendous. He was an UFA and he chose the money over winning. There is nothing wrong with that. Most of us would do the same thing. But he has no fuking right to ever complain about losing ever again. Chicago/Houston/Dallas all have better teams and a better track record than the Knicks. If he wanted to win he should have gone there. The Knicks are a loser franchise. I'm not buying into the Phil Jackson hype. That nikka is old and I don't know how much experience he has in FORMING a team. 8 months from now, when the knicks are a sub .500 I better not hear Melo complaining about losing. You chose a shyt franchise. You got your money so stfu and countdown the days to your retirement without winning a ring.

TheCore84
07-12-2014, 03:12 PM
melo never really seemed to be the guy that cared about winning or his legacy anyway. he's in it to get paid, and there's nothing wrong with that imo

I think it says something about you when you're just in it for the money and not to be the best or be a champion. I dislike Lebron as much as the next miscer but I can even give him credit for taking a paycut to win a championship or two.

Day1086
07-12-2014, 03:17 PM
I still hngg a little at thought of rose/butler/melo/taj/noah

would've been nice for there to be more than 1 competitive team in the east

dekd
07-12-2014, 03:17 PM
Lawd Bulls fans are so salty right now

JorgeZimmermen
07-12-2014, 03:32 PM
lol called it. Phuking bulls fans all morning trying to argue with me about how they could sign and trade so & so to make enough cap space to match NY......lulz

thelast10
07-12-2014, 03:53 PM
If I was Melo I would find it fishy rose wasn't around when the Bulls pitched him, so I give the Knee's of Derek Rose till the all-star Break till they are Greg Oden fuked.... I'm shocked and happy Melo didn't even take the full 129mill... He also wants his kids to grow up in NY, his wife wants him here, because they said the bulls offered him a 2-3yr deal with an opt out so he could get max from them after 2ish yrs, and he turned them down, this was on top of the Original amount they had offered. All I know is we have some youth, and will have a chit ton of cap space starting next year ( Marc Gasol) or 2016 KD :D

thelast10
07-12-2014, 03:54 PM

Holy chit I am agreeing with a pats fan on something 100%...... Never thought this day was possible lol

RamRod2334
07-12-2014, 06:27 PM
Holy chit I am agreeing with a pats fan on something 100%...... Never thought this day was possible lol

Maybe,
However everything that has been said is 100% accurate.

TheCore84
07-12-2014, 06:43 PM

Glad we didn't get him.

MurkinSeason
07-12-2014, 07:20 PM
It's Melo. Of course it's not about winning. It's about how much money he can make off the white man ya dig?