PDA

View Full Version : Asians cannot compete athletically. How far do you agree with this statement?

eat_sleep_lift
07-12-2014, 08:44 AM
And before you claim I'm race baiting, I'm asian as well. I did a check on the worlds highest paid athletes, 2/3 of people in the world are asian. But there were barely any asian people on the forbes highest paid athletes list. Is it because we are just genetically inferior or just put effort into becoming doctors and lawyers? Or is it to do with the poverty? Or is asian culture just different? Thoughts?

FGCHENG
07-12-2014, 08:47 AM
obviously 100%. the only sports asians are good at is badminton and table tennis and starcraft 2.

BullStampede
07-12-2014, 08:48 AM
Cultural differences I would give the most credit to. I am no genealogist so I cant speak to the actual genetic differences between athletes. Asians arent trying to get out of the ghetto or into a better situation by playing sports.

Source: My ass

MusicalFlan
07-12-2014, 08:50 AM
Could you imagine how wrecked theyd have been if there were black Ninjas and Samurai

http://cdn.superbwallpapers.com/wallpapers/anime/afro-samurai-11406-1920x1200.jpg

JungleJenetics
07-12-2014, 08:52 AM
lol..

http://tnation.t-nation.com/forum_images/5/1/5160c_ORIG-Lu_Xiaojun_Chinese_Weightlifting_Snatch_Pulls_Back _Cover_Milo_194_.jpg

http://31.media.tumblr.com/d36597de5766c1ac1dc10008d3ff75f0/tumblr_mv64y1o0As1s3vnemo1_500.jpg

cashinout
07-12-2014, 08:53 AM
i can understand why you guys suck and football and basketball, but why isn't asia winning more world cups?
just by numbers alone, you'd think they'd be killing it

eat_sleep_lift
07-12-2014, 08:53 AM
Cultural differences I would give the most credit to. I am no genealogist so I cant speak to the actual genetic differences between athletes. Asians arent trying to get out of the ghetto or into a better situation by playing sports.

They are. 95% of Asia lives in poverty. Think manny pacquiao, Yao Ming, sachin tendulkar, etc... But generally speaking you don't see many asian athletes.

smallbonesjones
07-12-2014, 08:55 AM
on average I would say most asians have a pretty decent level of athleticism, but when it comes to the higher percentiles they fall off when compared to other ethnicities. Most asians I know have good athleticism.

eat_sleep_lift
07-12-2014, 08:56 AM
lol..

http://tnation.t-nation.com/forum_images/5/1/5160c_ORIG-Lu_Xiaojun_Chinese_Weightlifting_Snatch_Pulls_Back _Cover_Milo_194_.jpg

http://31.media.tumblr.com/d36597de5766c1ac1dc10008d3ff75f0/tumblr_mv64y1o0As1s3vnemo1_500.jpg

Sure, if you consider the fact that china also has 1.3 billion people. Also the USA has only 319 mil but always tops in the Olympics.

Lloyd Braun
07-12-2014, 09:01 AM
As a Chinese-American I think there are small physiological differences in different races but IMHO those can be overcome.

A lot of it is culture and the system in which athletes grow up in certain countries.

Spain came EXTREMELY close to beating the best basketball playing country in the world (USA) in the past two previous Olympics. Spain just happened to have a team of very, very good basketball players who meshed well together and were coached extremely well.

Does anybody really think that Lithuanians have some special genetic advantage which makes them better basketball players than their neighbor countries?

A lot of this is just the sports culture and environment of these countries.

Basketball is extremely popular in China but a Chinese national team will probably never, NEVER beat an American national team in that sport because the Chinese basketball system sucks and the American system is by far the best in the world.

eat_sleep_lift
07-12-2014, 09:18 AM
As a Chinese-American I think there are small physiological differences in different races but IMHO those can be overcome.

A lot of it is culture and the system in which athletes grow up in certain countries.

Spain came EXTREMELY close to beating the best basketball playing country in the world (USA) in the past two previous Olympics. Spain just happened to have a team of very, very good basketball players who meshed well together and were coached extremely well.

Does anybody really think that Lithuanians have some special genetic advantage which makes them better basketball players than their neighbor countries?

Basketball is extremely popular in China but a Chinese national team will probably never, NEVER beat an American national team in that sport because the Chinese basketball system sucks and the American system is by far the best in the world.

True, indians (what I am) prolly have it the worst by far. I mean honestly I can't think of a single elite level indian athlete. All I can think off the top of my head is amir khan the boxer and even he's paki. Honestly the number of punjabis in NBA, NFL, soccer, k-1, or hell even mma for that matter is 0 or 1. Indian culture prolly has the worst sporting tradition Alice. 1.2 billion people and not a single one.

jalundah
07-12-2014, 09:20 AM
obviously 100%. the only sports asians are good at is badminton and table tennis and starcraft 2.

and Olympic weightlifting.

The Chinese team probably has 20 of the top 30 weightlifters in the world.

u3vzzRx2w4c

L0lJ0ker3
07-12-2014, 09:29 AM
Didn't read rest of the thread just came in to post this

http://chinesemartialstudies.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/bruce-lee-gloves.jpg

Lloyd Braun
07-12-2014, 09:34 AM
^^^That Chinese weight lifting team stat is actually really good.

I split my time between China and USA during the year and anyone who travels and has been to Chinese gyms should know that 99% of Chinese are pretty weak and generally do not know what the f*ck they are doing.

And yet they have one of the if not the top weightlifting program in the entire world.

It's the system.

samir316
07-12-2014, 09:38 AM
depends on sport.

don't think they have enough density for hockey or football except for their outliers.

but sports of speed (incl. weightlifting), they can dominate easily.

FlashWad3
07-12-2014, 09:43 AM
lol..

Cool, one asain

InspecktaDeck
07-12-2014, 09:46 AM
lol wut? No generization but... Asians are rediculously athletic. All the under 200 weight classes in weightlifting(IE one of the most competitive sports on earth) are asian.

JungleJenetics
07-12-2014, 09:51 AM
Cool, one asain

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q267/Faulkon/DatNguyen.jpg

http://www.tapology.com/system/letterbox_images/250/default/wide.jpg?1275993135

http://itsaboutthemoney.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/masahiro-tanaka.jpg

I'm not even counting Polynesians, because I could go on phaggot.

isp
07-12-2014, 09:59 AM
they are mathletes

firstandgoal
07-12-2014, 09:59 AM
Asian is a broad term.

There are different types of Asians, many people think Asian and they think the Chinese, Japanese or Koreans, but they also have the darker south east Asians like Cambodians, Filipinos, they also have the Indians/Pakistani who are also considered Asian.

The most dominant modern Asian I can think of recently is Manny Pacquiao. there is also the Cricket player but he doesn't play a contact sport
LpE0P-eP8xU

He dominated and competed at the highest level in Boxing which is not easy and is a harsh contact sport.

I typed in best Asian athletes of the last 10 years and all I can find is a top 10 list for most popular

http://blog.incheon2014ag.com/top-asian-athletes/

mexanacho
07-12-2014, 10:06 AM
Japanese guys are pretty good at Baseball, 100m (make semi-finals but never further than that), and mma. I don't know why Koreans and Chinese aren't any good.

Also Im 100% sure there is a large diet and cultural component to this as well. Look at basketball and how the best asian ball player is somehow Asian-American despite the large population differences in Asain Americans and mainland Asians.

firstandgoal
07-12-2014, 10:22 AM
Japanese guys are pretty good at Baseball, 100m (make semi-finals but never further than that), and mma. I don't know why Koreans and Chinese aren't any good.

Also Im 100% sure there is a large diet and cultural component to this as well. Look at basketball and how the best asian ball player is somehow Asian-American despite the large population differences in Asain Americans and mainland Asians.

In China didn't they do some type of HGH experiment that is why guy like Yao Ming are so tall?

Bodyodor
07-12-2014, 10:25 AM
If we did statistics, Asians in North American sports are rare because Asian Americans tend to pursue other career choices.

mexanacho
07-12-2014, 11:05 AM
In China didn't they do some type of HGH experiment that is why guy like Yao Ming are so tall?

its Possible since I'm 100% sure the lifters are roided out of their minds

I dont have any evidence but I read somewhere that his parents are both over 6'7 so thats probably the main reason for his height.

EaglesBrah10
07-12-2014, 11:55 AM
Most Asians don't value/pursue sports as a career. If you live in China, and you spent your whole life preparing for the NBA or NFL,your'e gonna be SOL unless your'e a freak. Most sports leagues are based in the U.S.

curlsbraah
07-12-2014, 12:14 PM
Well numbers don't lie unfortunately

There are hardly any asians that make it to pro leagues nowadays so yeah

GoldenArmKid
07-12-2014, 03:39 PM
http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/kaleo.org/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/3/aa/3aa527e4-07a9-11e4-8dd8-0017a43b2370/53bdaaa398e5b.image.jpg

http://feelmela.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/chris.gif?w=500

In b4 "skateboarding is not a sport" on the latter. Brb holding world record for highest air before they invented the fckin mega ramp (so he held, afaik still holds the highest air gotten on a relatively standard sized half pipe I think). Brb neck and neck w/ Tony Hawk before he started having drug problems/went to jail and was prepped to be what Hawk turned out to be in terms of being marketed as "the guy".

EDIT:

Using these Penn and Hosoi as examples assuming Asian Americans count.

PericlesOfPeace
07-12-2014, 03:43 PM
da asians eat too much soy

dat estrogenic effect

SomeGuyHear
07-12-2014, 03:48 PM
Asians dominate in sports where shorter height goes in their favor (lifting), or in sports where being taller does not give the athlete an advantage.

anxietybrah
07-12-2014, 04:32 PM
Asians are just too small for most athletics, but pound for pound they are decent athletes and if you take sports that require excellent body coordination, agility and speed, then asians dominate. If you've ever watched a game of Takraw (SEA volley without hands and with a small ball), then you know that.

Still, yes, Asians are generally too small to compete in most sports.

Radioactive Man
07-12-2014, 04:57 PM
I am Asian and ret me terr you, being Asian is actuarry a great thing....

L69
07-12-2014, 05:00 PM
but sports of speed (incl. weightlifting), they can dominate easily.

they can dominate them easily, yet they are totally irrelevant in those sports

how noble of them, pulling out so us, mere mortals, can experience success

Harkley
07-12-2014, 05:04 PM
stupid argument.

some of the best oly lifters in the world are chinese, some of the best baseball players in world are japanese

I lol'd.

slickjohnson
07-12-2014, 05:05 PM
i'm pretty sure china is top 3 medal count every olympics. yes, they have huge population and they don't dominate western sports because of genetics but also their interests are different: more education-focused/interested in sports like badminton, ping pong, diving, martial arts etc...

edit: ^do you even ichiro suzuki, brah?

ballzofpeaze
07-12-2014, 05:06 PM
Liu Xiang is/was one my favourite athletes ever. Former 110m Hurdles world champion and world record holder.

mexanacho
07-12-2014, 05:25 PM

you're an idiot.

ichiro has been one of the best hitters in the world for a long time

tanaka and darvish are tearing it up in the AL

not to mention iwakuma, and uehara.

That said, in general US baseball players >>>> Anywhere else in the world

jaySWAG
07-12-2014, 05:29 PM
And before you claim I'm race baiting, I'm asian as well. I did a check on the worlds highest paid athletes, 2/3 of people in the world are asian. But there were barely any asian people on the forbes highest paid athletes list. Is it because we are just genetically inferior or just put effort into becoming doctors and lawyers? Or is it to do with the poverty? Or is asian culture just different? Thoughts?

china typically wins a lot of medals at the summer games

juiceyjay
07-12-2014, 05:30 PM
yellow Asians aren't nearly as bad as brown Asians, brb billions of people and literally only good at cricket. Statistically brown Asians are the least athletic people in the world by far.

jaySWAG
07-12-2014, 05:32 PM

both his parents are ex basketball players as well, i think his father is 6'10 and his mother is 6'6

jaySWAG
07-12-2014, 05:33 PM
Asians are just too small for most athletics, but pound for pound they are decent athletes and if you take sports that require excellent body coordination, agility and speed, then asians dominate. If you've ever watched a game of Takraw (SEA volley without hands and with a small ball), then you know that.

china has the most 7 footers in the world, unfortunately most of them are not athletic

GoldenArmKid
07-12-2014, 06:31 PM
You know in hindsight imagine if this thread were "blacks" or "whites" can't compete at _______. Fckin lol.

pro9298
07-12-2014, 06:49 PM
does misc even go to a normal d1 university? go to the rec center and you will see buff athletic asians that are like 5'6 and have 40 inch verticals.

those fukers be doing kung fu kicks and chit playing basketball just to do a fukin layup.

mydingdong
07-12-2014, 06:55 PM
Lol if China kids dedicate their lives into football they would destroy Americans anguses with zero effort

Hercegovac8
07-12-2014, 07:30 PM
does misc even go to a normal d1 university? go to the rec center and you will see buff athletic asians that are like 5'6 and have 40 inch verticals.

those fukers be doing kung fu kicks and chit playing basketball just to do a fukin layup.

Went to a hs with a massive asian population and there was only one asian on the football team and he was a bench warmer lol

Not saying there aren't crazy athletic asians but it's no where near as common a u make it sound lol

dsync
07-12-2014, 07:52 PM
Asians aren't lacking for Olympic medals...

If we're talking about western sports, Asian countries don't (obviously) have a strong history of participation in western sports. Less history = less participation = less of a talent pool to draw athletes from = less athletes who qualify, playing against good competition is important after all.

Beyond that, for developing countries, access to good nutrition is questionable at best...

brainmuncher
07-12-2014, 08:12 PM
phuk u op. u will see wut da phuks up in a couple of years. srs.

akarpus
07-12-2014, 08:18 PM
no sure if srs Japan and South Korea are good at soccer and china is good at powerlifting..

Swept
07-12-2014, 08:19 PM
Lol if China kids dedicate their lives into football they would destroy Americans anguses with zero effort

Pfft doubt it

SuperDupa
07-12-2014, 08:21 PM
I'm not even counting Polynesians, because I could go on phaggot.
hey little guy, working out is nota sport, and neither is mma

its true, there are some good asian baseball players like ichiro and matsui, but baseball is also the least athletic sport. And there are not really any good asian athletes anywhere elses

SuperSayain
07-12-2014, 08:48 PM
Japan has been winning world baseball championship the past few years. Japan has a lot of top golfers that take tournaments here in the states. They have the best drifters and some great racers. They do pretty well at the Olympics in medal count for a country the size of California. The have world class soccer players. Went to the quarter finals a couple world cups ago. Have a Japanese wonder kid in the makings that was already signed by Barcelona. Tanaka was one of the highest paid pitchers and baseball players make the most on average per contract so that'd make him one of the highest paid athletes. Ufc is saturated with Japanese fighters. How many world champion marital artists are there?

YellowOnYellow
07-12-2014, 08:59 PM
when you say asian, we are going to clump all the chinese, japanese, koreans, etc into one?

for china, its the way the system is set-up. government runs everything. statistically, china should destroy the world in every sport but the old china farts don't allow it cause they all trying to get their money.

#YesAngryChinaman

ShweezyBTFO
07-13-2014, 12:56 AM

negged for stupidity.

RAdaRuggedMan
07-13-2014, 03:21 AM
OP is one of those whitewashed, self-hating asians with no connection to his ethnic background.

If you look at Olympic records, a country like Japan or China does not necessarily stand out in any one sport, but consistently has athletes placing high in many of them. Compare that to Jamaicans for example. Sure they are world class sprinters, but how are they at distance running or weightlifting? East Africans are terrific distance runners but are poverty at sprinting or swimming.

I'm sure it's the same for China, but I would go as far as saying that among the general populous who participates in sports, the Japanese and Chinese are much more athletic than their American counterparts.

MurkinSeason
07-13-2014, 03:25 AM
Asians should just stick to fighting.

"Quickness is the essence of the war."

Wait, that's the Chinese my bad

HumptyBrah
07-13-2014, 03:29 AM
I remember reading a SI article years ago about how the Chinese government puts freakish athletes into academies and selectively breeds them

SillyRabbit
07-13-2014, 04:19 AM
Asians and Indians are good at sports that are part of their cultural heritage.

If Martial arts was as popular as Basketball, Asians would be at the top.

If Cricket was as popular as Baseball, Indians would dominate.

Can't fault them for not being experts at sports that are primarily American-centric.

StarksFX
07-13-2014, 04:48 AM

This. No offense asian brahs but u still the smartest

ThatKindaGuy
07-13-2014, 04:53 AM

How about no? Basketball (along with US Football) is probably the one type of sports where Asians wouldn't perform as well as their advantage in numbers (and dedication) should allow them.

Other than that Asians perform just fine in many sports. In the Bundesliga (German pro league for Futbol) we have plenty of Japanese players. With Japan its essentially: if they make an Anime about it, you can bet that it will be popular in the next 5-10 years and 15 years later you see pro athletes, lol.

Korean, Japanese, Chinese - those Asian groups have very few disadvantages. When you look at Thai men ... c'mon, brah! Best choose the ladyboy career path.

CLK-GTR
07-13-2014, 06:31 AM
Most Asians are too busy trying to put food on the table to be off playing sport. The ones that aren't dirt poor, their parents dictate what they do in life and sport isn't on the list.

Manletbolic
07-13-2014, 06:56 AM
Lol @ title op.

Tell that to the guys in thailand who compete in muay thai and have well over 300 fights and have been training and competing since a child.

johnnyboi123
07-13-2014, 06:59 AM
http://rubli.info/blog/photos/medal_count_de.png

Lloyd Braun
07-13-2014, 07:01 AM
http://rubli.info/blog/photos/medal_count_de.png

That was IN China back in 2008.

BillTheBro
07-13-2014, 08:20 AM
Yes obviously, just like how black people are better than white people.

Read the book "The Sports Gene"

Basically the author asserts that because of the genetic diversity in black people (which is far greater than in other races), different pockets of black people have adapted different traits that give them mechanical advantages in certain sports. For example, Kenyans dominate long distance running despite having a tiny population. Thats because they have narrow waists and thin lower legs, which makes for more efficient running. Or East Africans having more fast twitch muscles in relation to slow twitch muscles because fast twitch muscles hold less oxygen, which attracts less mosquitos, which means less malaria.

Asians have some genetic diversity but none of it gives them mechanical advantages in sports. Also in general they are smaller than other races which doesn't help either.

Grapplekick
07-13-2014, 08:45 AM
Totally not true. Look at all the great Asian players in Major League Baseball. Plus, China always does awesome in the Olympics. In combat sports, look at Manny Pacquiao and all the great Muay Thai fighters. Asian countries usually dominate in Judo too. Don't forget about Jeremy Lin in basketball and Yao Ming, who had an awesome career.

anxietybrah
07-13-2014, 08:52 AM
Totally not true. Look at all the great Asian players in Major League Baseball. Plus, China always does awesome in the Olympics. In combat sports, look at Manny Pacquiao and all the great Muay Thai fighters. Asian countries usually dominate in Judo too. Don't forget about Jeremy Lin in basketball and Yao Ming, who had an awesome career.

Lower weightclasses are not impressive, its like women's sports.

tg51
07-13-2014, 09:26 AM
http://www.billy-ball.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Ichiro.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-3FCK2kElPwc/UL-QeSP2RoI/AAAAAAAAGJg/DMTRuJ7Z9uc/s1600/HideoNomo.JPG
http://c1.staticflickr.com/7/6183/6134990818_a4bbd702fd_z.jpg

VTheKing
07-13-2014, 09:48 AM

Basically the author asserts that because of the genetic diversity in black people (which is far greater than in other races), different pockets of black people have adapted different traits that give them mechanical advantages in certain sports. For example, Kenyans dominate long distance running despite having a tiny population. Thats because they have narrow waists and thin lower legs, which makes for more efficient running. Or East Africans having more fast twitch muscles in relation to slow twitch muscles because fast twitch muscles hold less oxygen, which attracts less mosquitos, which means less malaria.

Asians have some genetic diversity but none of it gives them mechanical advantages in sports. Also in general they are smaller than other races which doesn't help either.

I think you're getting too bogged down by the twitch muscle story and concluding differences in sports success across races come from genetics. The author of The Sports Gene himself said talent in sports is largely acquired through physiological adaption to training, rather than having something welled up within. And then genetic traits like wingspans aren't confined to specific groups of people. In other words, success in sports generally comes from how much different cultures emphasize different sports, and depending which activity we're talking about, how much investment there is. There are reasons why only specific Latin American countries yield good baseball players, or why the towering Scandinavian masterrace is irrelevant in basketball, or why tiny Uruguay is a perennial soccer powerhouse.

FKAri
07-13-2014, 10:26 AM

This. GOAT coordination and agility. In the US most of us only know about football/basketball and conclude Asians can't be athletic.

ShweezyBTFO
07-13-2014, 10:55 AM
3 of the top 10 pitchers in baseball are Japanese. The last player to win a ROY and MVP in the same season was Japanese. A Taiwanese player was the ace of the New York Yankees' staff for 3 years.

inb4 the usual group of baseball detractors

RWBaseball4
07-13-2014, 11:18 AM
not to mention iwakuma, and uehara.

That said, in general US baseball players >>>> Anywhere else in the world

Ever heard of the Dominican Republic or Venezuala?? ya

HaythamKenway
07-13-2014, 11:19 AM
^^^That Chinese weight lifting team stat is actually really good.

I split my time between China and USA during the year and anyone who travels and has been to Chinese gyms should know that 99% of Chinese are pretty weak and generally do not know what the f*ck they are doing.

And yet they have one of the if not the top weightlifting program in the entire world.

It's the system.China has many large camps where they train thousands of children from extremely young ages and weed out the weak or injury-prone and eventually produce a few genetic phenoms with the best potential. The USA's genetic talent goes into football and basketball...if you'd take the strongest and most promising athletes in the USA and rewrite their lives so that they had practiced Olympic Weightlifting from a young age, we would dominate every weight class.

Lunatic
07-13-2014, 11:25 AM
http://itsaboutthemoney.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/masahiro-tanaka.jpg

I'm not even counting Polynesians, because I could go on phaggot.That looks ridiculously uncomfortable.

jaySWAG
07-13-2014, 12:07 PM

people in kenya excel in running because they run everywhere, they dont have cars so they learn at a young age to run long distances

mexanacho
07-13-2014, 12:10 PM
Ever heard of the Dominican Republic or Venezuala?? ya

PLease tell me how the Dominican Team could compete with the U.S? I feel like I;ve had this argument 100x on here but if the U.S played our best players we would dominate any other country in the WBC.

Trout, McCutchen, Billy Hamilton (for a leadoff hitter)
Donaldson, Tulo, Utley (or Gordon), Goldy
Lucroy DH: Stanton

Dont even need to mention the pitching staff.

jaySWAG
07-13-2014, 12:11 PM
That looks ridiculously uncomfortable.

thats why he has a torn ligament in his elbow now

BillTheBro
07-13-2014, 12:30 PM
I think you're getting too bogged down by the twitch muscle story and concluding differences in sports success across races come from genetics. The author of The Sports Gene himself said talent in sports is largely acquired through physiological adaption to training, rather than having something welled up within. And then genetic traits like wingspans aren't confined to specific groups of people. In other words, success in sports generally comes from how much different cultures emphasize different sports, and depending which activity we're talking about, how much investment there is. There are reasons why only specific Latin American countries yield good baseball players, or why the towering Scandinavian masterrace is irrelevant in basketball, or why tiny Uruguay is a perennial soccer powerhouse.

I wouldn't say I'm "bogged down" in twitch theory, that theory was just an example. I mean if you take the "towering Scandinavian masttrace" being irrelevant in basketball for example, look at those guys body types. Those guys aren't built like basketball players, they are built like powerlifters. How many 6'8 white guys are there that are built, ripped to shreds, and can jump? Pretty much zero. Now look at half the NBA, its overflowing with black dudes built like that and they have crazy wingspans and coordination to boot.

Like yea I get the whole cultural thing and that has some significance but with globalization these days, theres immigrants every where, every different race is playing every different sport. All the american asians grow up playing football just like all the white kids and black kids. If anything, black people have the least access to top training conditions, yet they end up dominating many sports.

Just genetically speaking, your gonna find more ideal athletic specimens in white people than asian people and in black people than white people. Obviously outliers exist, which is why theres random asian athletes posted in this thread, but these guys are 1 in a 1,000,000 opposed to maybe the 1 in 100,000 of a different race. Just callin em like I see em.

people in kenya excel in running because they run everywhere, they dont have cars so they learn at a young age to run long distances

Thats not necessarily true, if you take a Kenyan at age 15 with a 6 minute mile, train him alongside a 15 year old white kid with a 6 minute mile, a year later the kenyan kid is going to crush the white kid. This has been tested time and time again, it's because of their body shape, it's not like all kenyans are training their whole life to be runners.

supman160
07-13-2014, 12:31 PM
In baseball I'd say asians are just as good as other races, basically because baseball is the one sport that doesn't require you to be supremely athletic/strong to be good as a team, unlike sports like basketball and football. The world baseball championships are good indication of this when teams like Japan and Korea are consistently dominating other countries.

MiscKage
07-13-2014, 12:35 PM
yellow Asians aren't nearly as bad as brown Asians, brb billions of people and literally only good at cricket. Statistically brown Asians are the least athletic people in the world by far.

So much this.

Brown asian checking in. Even the cricket players are skinny fats with a paunch.

supman160
07-13-2014, 12:38 PM
So much this.

Brown asian checking in. Even the cricket players are skinny fats with a paunch.

Yeah but brown asian parents place far more emphasis on their kids becoming doctors and lawyers. Meanwhile in USA, parents are trying to produce pro athletes. It's a cultural difference.

MiscKage
07-13-2014, 12:53 PM
Yeah but brown asian parents place far more emphasis on their kids becoming doctors and lawyers. Meanwhile in USA, parents are trying to produce pro athletes. It's a cultural difference.

You know what's funny? A morbidly obese brown asian doctor advising another morbidly obese middle aged brown asian man to clean up his diet and exercise.

I hope I never end up like that.

HumptyBrah
07-13-2014, 03:22 PM
http://www.billy-ball.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Ichiro.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-3FCK2kElPwc/UL-QeSP2RoI/AAAAAAAAGJg/DMTRuJ7Z9uc/s1600/HideoNomo.JPG
http://c1.staticflickr.com/7/6183/6134990818_a4bbd702fd_z.jpg
Two baseball players and a science experiment who was 7'6". Neat.

I don't have a part in this debate but lol @ these one-off examples.

P51
07-13-2014, 03:33 PM

those fukers be doing kung fu kicks and chit playing basketball just to do a fukin layup.Lmao. I went to the biggest school in the country, and I assure you there wasn't tons of asians in the gym. Hell I'd say only 5% of the people in the gym were asian and most did cardio.

HumptyBrah
07-13-2014, 04:06 PM
Lmao. I went to the biggest school in the country, and I assure you there wasn't tons of asians in the gym. Hell I'd say only 5% of the people in the gym were asian and most did cardio.
You went to school in Ohio

SkippedLegDay
07-13-2014, 04:19 PM

No one plays baseball in mainland China. It's like asking why Americans suck at cricket and English people are decent. There are a few good Taiwanese players because it's actually played in the country. We have 300 million people and we have an ok to poor national soccer team.

The culture is different too. I used to live in China. Kids don't play after school sports like they do in the US. I played basketball with a lot of Chinese guys at a college I was taking classes at and I seriously doubt most of the guys ever played before going to college.

yummy22
07-13-2014, 04:28 PM

Its a lot of things but its primarily what the culture values

VTheKing
07-13-2014, 04:36 PM
I wouldn't say I'm "bogged down" in twitch theory, that theory was just an example. I mean if you take the "towering Scandinavian masttrace" being irrelevant in basketball for example, look at those guys body types. Those guys aren't built like basketball players, they are built like powerlifters. How many 6'8 white guys are there that are built, ripped to shreds, and can jump? Pretty much zero. Now look at half the NBA, its overflowing with black dudes built like that and they have crazy wingspans and coordination to boot.

Like yea I get the whole cultural thing and that has some significance but with globalization these days, theres immigrants every where, every different race is playing every different sport. All the american asians grow up playing football just like all the white kids and black kids. If anything, black people have the least access to top training conditions, yet they end up dominating many sports.

Just genetically speaking, your gonna find more ideal athletic specimens in white people than asian people and in black people than white people. Obviously outliers exist, which is why theres random asian athletes posted in this thread, but these guys are 1 in a 1,000,000 opposed to maybe the 1 in 100,000 of a different race. Just callin em like I see em.

If basketball was relevant in Sweden and kids had top training, cash and pussy thrown their way then you'd see a lot more Swedes building themselves to be excellent basketball players. See Lithuania - basketball IS a big in there and for that reason they yield many elite players despite their small population and uh, "whiteness". If it was all about genetics, then countries that have a similar heritage to Lithuanians like Poland would also be basketball powerhouses, and they obviously aren't. Lithuania's top athletes play ball, Sweden's top athletes play other sports like hockey, soccer, or go do some other **** with their lives.

If you're a soccer fan, you'll notice how minorities are increasingly (and disproportionately) represented in European national football teams. Albanians have never been known for their ability to play soccer, but they started emigrating West in the 90's and what do you know - two decades later, world class players of Albanian ethnicity like Xhaqiri, Januzaj and Behrami start making an impact. Neither has Algeria, but apparently they step into France and magically become talented like the locals - as attested by the likes of Zidane, Benzema, Nasri, etc.

Lastly, two photos:

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02270/team-usa_2270673b.jpg

http://hispanosenelbasket.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/braa.png

GoldenArmKid
07-13-2014, 04:38 PM
Just for the record and my continued reading OP. Are you talking exclusively Asians or including Asian Americans in the discussion?

Den6
07-13-2014, 04:48 PM
Genetics.

In terms of athletic ability = Blacks > Whites > East Asians > Indians, arabs, native americans, hispanics

aal04
07-13-2014, 05:20 PM
You cant compare americas 320 million vs Chinas 1.3 billion.

Out of those 320 million Americans, maybe 300 million get an opportunity to play sport.

In China, maybe 10 million people get an opportunity to play sport and only at a young age.

Chinas conversion rate of olympic athletes is probably higher than any other country. Brb sports camp by 12 years old

mexanacho
07-13-2014, 05:26 PM
Lastly, two photos:

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02270/team-usa_2270673b.jpg

http://hispanosenelbasket.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/braa.png

What are you trying to prove with these photos?

FearNoHardship
07-13-2014, 05:32 PM
depends on the sport and what type of development program is in place in those countries. if you look at the olympics and how china put a lot of resources to develop athletes, it did pay off for them. but if you look at sports like football they don't play it at all or have programs for it.

HumptyBrah
07-13-2014, 05:34 PM
You cant compare americas 320 million vs Chinas 1.3 billion.

Out of those 320 million Americans, maybe 300 million get an opportunity to play sport.

In China, maybe 10 million people get an opportunity to play sport and only at a young age.

Chinas conversion rate of olympic athletes is probably higher than any other country. Brb sports camp by 12 years old
So are you just pulling numbers out of your ass or what

yummy22
07-13-2014, 05:40 PM
So are you just pulling numbers out of your ass or what

He has a point the large china population is irrelevant since over half will be in utter poverty with no chance to play any sports

leafs43
07-13-2014, 06:59 PM
If a sport could be dominated by manlets, they'd win every time.

Also reason why their weightlifting is so good is because of the there manlet leverage.

jaySWAG
07-14-2014, 05:35 PM
Thats not necessarily true, if you take a Kenyan at age 15 with a 6 minute mile, train him alongside a 15 year old white kid with a 6 minute mile, a year later the kenyan kid is going to crush the white kid. This has been tested time and time again, it's because of their body shape, it's not like all kenyans are training their whole life to be runners.

they dont train to be runners, they run because thats all that can do to get to places where they need to go

out of necessity they've become good long distance runners

Lb54TG
07-14-2014, 07:08 PM
if you look at the % of the asian population, vs the % of the white or black population participating in sports and athletic activities, you'd see why.

in my life ive probably met a handful of black dudes that DONT play a sport either recreationally or for a team.

and ive met maybe a handful of asians that actually play sports recreationally or for a team.

MyronJobrawsky
07-14-2014, 07:21 PM
Sure, if you consider the fact that china also has 1.3 billion people. Also the USA has only 319 mil but always tops in the Olympics.

tfw Australia has 22mil and pretty much GOAT at every sport we try in

EvilChicken
07-14-2014, 07:25 PM
tfw Australia has 22mil and pretty much GOAT at every sport we try in

lol dafuq?

P51
07-14-2014, 07:41 PM
You went to school in OhioThere were thousands of asians there though.... like I said it was the biggest college in the US a few years ago, you think we had none?

HumptyBrah
07-14-2014, 07:50 PM
There were thousands of asians there though.... like I said it was the biggest college in the US a few years ago, you think we had none?
As per OSU's website, 5.24% of the student body was Asian as of Fall 2013.

So, sure, there were "thousands" of Asians...but I hardly think you're a qualified expert on the topic.

CobyWan
07-14-2014, 08:30 PM
in my life ive probably met a handful of black dudes that DONT play a sport either recreationally or for a team.

and ive met maybe a handful of asians that actually play sports recreationally or for a team.

Both of these statements are pretty inaccurate.

You can't make such broad generalizations about people by the handful of people you have encountered.

pro9298
07-14-2014, 08:33 PM
Lmao. I went to the biggest school in the country, and I assure you there wasn't tons of asians in the gym. Hell I'd say only 5% of the people in the gym were asian and most did cardio.

go to a big school with a reputable academic curriculum.

HumptyBrah
07-14-2014, 08:54 PM
As per OSU's website, 5.24% of the student body was Asian as of Fall 2013.

So, sure, there were "thousands" of Asians...but I hardly think you're a qualified expert on the topic.
edit: just re-read your first post again:

lol, you're so mad

Den9
07-14-2014, 08:56 PM
edit: just re-read your first post again:

lol, you're so mad

lmao. P51 got owned.

MyronJobrawsky
07-14-2014, 09:03 PM
lol dafuq?

the only reason why we are number 1 in american football, soccer and basketball is because its not popular here

chiefnz
07-14-2014, 09:45 PM

Happy you posted a source as this is just straight dumb cuz. Anyone who argues against races having certain characteristics can pls go

chiefnz
07-14-2014, 09:47 PM
Asians and Indians are good at sports that are part of their cultural heritage.

If Cricket was as popular as Baseball, Indians would dominate.

Can't fault them for not being experts at sports that are primarily American-centric.

Asians dont dominate martial arts.

Indians dont dominate in cricket (which happens to be a rather nonathletic sport)

retiredrunner
07-14-2014, 10:41 PM
Higher percentages of blacks are athletic because their ancestors were the ones who didn't get eaten by lions hiding in tall grass because they were tall or could outrun them. Asian ancestors didn't have a lion problem so that environmental pressure wasn't there. Not racism, just evolution.

As far as intelligence... aaaaand we'll end it there

mexanacho
07-14-2014, 10:49 PM
Higher percentages of blacks are athletic because their ancestors were the ones who didn't get eaten by lions hiding in tall grass because they were tall or could outrun them. Asian ancestors didn't have a lion problem so that environmental pressure wasn't there. Not racism, just evolution.

I agree to an extent but that wouldnt explain why natives are also good athletes.

I think, if we are to go with the whole evolution concept, the reason behind the differences is more due to the warrior culture in each society. Look around at different ancient cultures and you will find that the ones that used less armor when fighting (Aztecs, Africans, Samoans etc) bred better athletes today then the ones who were heavily armored (Samurais)

Den9
07-14-2014, 10:51 PM

YVqQMwSSWyg

Den9
07-14-2014, 10:57 PM

LJbeHslFiKk

It's political incorrect to talk about it. State the differences and you can fired or excelled from your university.

retiredrunner
07-14-2014, 10:58 PM
YVqQMwSSWyg

Pretty sure early Africans didn't use that tactic, because back then lions had no fear of them at all.

socrates07
07-15-2014, 04:33 AM

someone mentioned sc2 previously and it ties in with this post.

koreans aren't innately better at starcraft 2 than their american or european counterparts, their system that is setup is just better.

I don't believe asians are inferior, they just train in different areas.

BatmanBeGains
07-15-2014, 05:24 AM
Yeah. I guess other people have covered it but most sports are naturally inclined to allow for bigger and stronger athletes to compete and hence Asians rarely excel in them because they lack the size to compete even on a base level. There aren't many 6'0 200 pound Asians.

When you take away size limitations, they can easily excel in sport. Sports with weight classes generally have a high number of elite Asian athletes. Boxing, martial arts and more finesse sports.

Each race generally has their strengths in individual sports, based on genetic differences.