PDA

View Full Version : lbj finally did something respectable

jutershortg
07-11-2014, 07:53 PM
coming from one of his biggest critics, u have to respect what he did today. i mean he shouldn't of left ohio to begin with but it is what it is... he went back

he acknowledged that it'll take years to win a chip and it'll test his patience but he STILL went back.

he could've stayed with MIA retooled the team a bit and been back to the finals. but he actually wants to win for his city,

gjdm, but kobe never left to begin with ;)

Tony_S
07-11-2014, 07:55 PM
And account #48 was made to post this thread

Great decision

jutershortg
07-11-2014, 07:56 PM
And account #48 was made to post this thread

Great decision

i'm new to this forum brah

07-11-2014, 08:07 PM
I agree but you could've posted this on your main account.

The_Albatross
07-11-2014, 08:10 PM
He actually doesn't care about any of this. Its a PR move and at the same time it nets him the most money and puts him in a good spot to win more titles. Instead of his legacy always being tainted with The Decision and bailing to Miami, now you have this perception that he recognized his mistake, matured, and realized he owed Cleveland a title. This is all about improving the Lebron brand and partnering with Manziel to become a marketing juggernaut. The timing of this wasn't accidental, the way he did it wasn't accidental. Its all measured and contrived to generate attention and dollars. Its akin to someone donating to charity to get a tax break, they aren't doing it for the benefit of others, its is a secondary benefit that obscures the true, selfish, reason.

THEHEADLIN3R
07-11-2014, 08:27 PM
Lol'd.

Despite how much the media and Lebron stans try to twist it, it's simply a case of him bailing and running to a better situation again. Nothing more.

curlsbraah
07-11-2014, 09:05 PM
I'm sure he really cares about the respect of some nobody on an online forum :rolleyes:

waisoserious
07-11-2014, 10:14 PM
lettuce b real tea

lebron only went to cleveland cause miami was done. he made cleveland his home and when it wasnt working out for him he went to miami. now that miami isnt working out for him either cause everybody wants max money, including himself and bosh (what happened lebron, i thought everybody was supposed to take a paycut to keep the team together) he left for a more convenient situation

SomeGuyHear
07-11-2014, 10:19 PM
lettuce b real tea

lebron only went to cleveland cause miami was done. he made cleveland his home and when it wasnt working out for him he went to miami. now that miami isnt working out for him either cause everybody wants max money, including himself and bosh (what happened lebron, i thought everybody was supposed to take a paycut to keep the team together) he left for a more convenient situation

^this. If the heat couldn't win last year, what makes people think they will get it next year? i don't blame lebron for wanting to go back home, and it is a better situation for him imo

pro9298
07-11-2014, 10:21 PM
it's his life and career. he can do whatever the fk he wants. for us to say he shouldn't have done this or that is fking peasant talk

hublife
07-11-2014, 11:17 PM
He actually doesn't care about any of this. Its a PR move and at the same time it nets him the most money and puts him in a good spot to win more titles. Instead of his legacy always being tainted with The Decision and bailing to Miami, now you have this perception that he recognized his mistake, matured, and realized he owed Cleveland a title. This is all about improving the Lebron brand and partnering with Manziel to become a marketing juggernaut. The timing of this wasn't accidental, the way he did it wasn't accidental. Its all measured and contrived to generate attention and dollars. Its akin to someone donating to charity to get a tax break, they aren't doing it for the benefit of others, its is a secondary benefit that obscures the true, selfish, reason.

Jesus Christ. We found the cynic in the room. I'm not even a Lebron fan and my post history backs that up... but wtf?

Yes, you're probably right I no doubt believe he realized the significant advantages to moving back to Cleveland and cleaning up his image. I have no doubt he'll make lots of money etc...

but the dude whether he's being selfish or not is going to generate significant income for the area. His decision to return also has brought hope back to a pretty small community and is a feel good story.

Sometimes it's not about "intent" and rather the reality of the result. This is a great thing for everyone in that community and it's an admirable decision that kids (who are much less cynical) can look to on a lesson in atonement.