PDA

View Full Version : Anyone think LBJ going back to cleveland will stifle Kryie/Wiggins/waiters growth?

fabofly
07-11-2014, 06:12 PM
Kyrie and Waiters already had issues sharing the ball last season, now adding the ball dominant LBJ and the supposed chosen 1 Andrew Wiggins. How are they possibly going to make it work?

dsync
07-11-2014, 06:18 PM
Too early to tell for Wiggins/Waiters - certainly didn't hurt Kobe playing with Shaq... and Kyrie's game needs some corrective action because its detrimental to his team atm.

fabofly
07-11-2014, 06:25 PM
Too early to tell for Wiggins/Waiters - certainly didn't hurt Kobe playing with Shaq... and Kyrie's game needs some corrective action because its detrimental to his team atm.

LBJ is not an off ball player, I dont see how he will properly let Kryie run **** as a PG imo. I can see Kyrie somewhat being rustled

YellowOnYellow
07-11-2014, 06:27 PM
LBJ is not an off ball player, I dont see how he will properly let Kryie run **** as a PG imo. I can see Kyrie somewhat being rustled

kyrie...the goat 3 pt shooter alive ever

Krunk Fu
07-11-2014, 06:28 PM
Why are Canadians and Aussies so butt hurt over LBJ?

That's a serious question.

aal04
07-11-2014, 06:32 PM
Waiters Irving LBJ works.

Theres no fighting over who is batman and who is robin.

Its unanimous that LBJ is batman now.

XWildCardX
07-11-2014, 06:38 PM
Why are Canadians and Aussies so butt hurt over LBJ?

That's a serious question.

How are Aussies butthurt?

fabofly
07-11-2014, 06:42 PM

You forget Kyrie is a 22 year old who just got the franchise max contract, not all people are comfortable playing second fiddle this early in their career. And I am assuming you think Wiggins will be traded?

StreetSharks
07-11-2014, 06:46 PM
waiters can come off the bench

wiggins is not a 1st option player (at least at this point)

irving can hit the open shot when lebron is doubled ( something wade couldnt do)

dsync
07-11-2014, 06:47 PM
You know, watching this summer league game... Anthony Bennett could be pretty decent with LBJ....

and then right when i'm typing he does something retarded...

nvrstopworking
07-11-2014, 06:47 PM

Bingo. LBJ's word will be law and anyone who doesn't like it can GTFO.

fabofly
07-11-2014, 06:50 PM
irving can hit the open shot when lebron is doubled ( something wade couldnt do)

so Kryie gets the chris bosh treatment lol Kryie is 2-3 years away from being one of the best players in the league. His skill set is strong all around, just needs to mature. Dont see why someone with that potential has be reneged to stand around shooter

Bingo. LBJ's word will be law and anyone who doesn't like it can GTFO.

Not arguing about whether it will be the case because it will, asking whether or not Kyrie progress will be detterd.

dsync
07-11-2014, 06:59 PM
so Kryie gets the chris bosh treatment lol Kryie is 2-3 years away from being one of the best players in the league. His skill set is strong all around, just needs to mature. Dont see why someone with that potential has be reneged to stand around shooter

Not arguing about whether it will be the case because it will, asking whether or not Kyrie progress will be detterd.

He regressed last year on his own (granted he was under MBrown...) but still. The problem with how Kyrie plays is that it's never been a winning formula. A 6'3 score-first PG has never worked in the NBA as the *best player* on a team - especially one that doesn't have a good D game.

The way LBJ likes to play will challenge Kyrie to play defense, improve his shot, learn to pass, and really learn how to run the break efficiently. None of this can be bad, continuing on the path as a score-first ball-dominant PG simply wasn't going to work, especially in the long term as he lost his speed.

srom12
07-11-2014, 07:20 PM
How are Aussies butthurt?

This, Aus/international brahs don't have home towns

Only reason is that the Cavs jerseys don't have da swag

THEHEADLIN3R
07-11-2014, 07:34 PM
Yes.

Anyone who isn't a spot up shooter is going to regress when playing with Lebron.

HighSquatBoss
07-11-2014, 07:40 PM
No.

One of the reasons Lebron is so good is because he understands how to make everyone else on his team better.
Plus if Cleveland has any sense they will trade anyone not named Lebron to Minnesota for Love.

THEHEADLIN3R
07-11-2014, 07:46 PM
No.

One of the reasons Lebron is so good is because he understands how to make everyone else on his team better.
Plus if Cleveland has any sense they will trade anyone not named Lebron to Minnesota for Love.

Who has he ever made better?

ShweezyBTFO
07-12-2014, 07:49 AM

Kobe Bryant.

Rapes committed by Kobe before LeBron started playing in the NBA: 1

Rapes committed since: 0

Looks like progress to me.

srom12
07-12-2014, 07:51 AM
Kobe Bryant.

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/assets/3914361/Russ-Troll.gif

jamnajh
07-12-2014, 08:14 AM

I think they will allow multiple people to handle the ball. And lebron is deadly cutting off the ball and shooting with his feet set. He handled the ball so much in Mia and CLE 1.0 because they had no ball handlers as effective as he was. Kyrie in the pick and roll with lebron?

My body is ready.

He could pull up off the dribble, take it himself, hit lebron on the pick and pop, hit him rolling. It's gonna be fun to watch.

AyyePGheynz
07-12-2014, 08:20 AM
Playing with Tim Duncan hasn't stifled any young spurs ever. When you're a team first guy (LBJ, TD) it works.
Inb4 LBJ/Irving/Wiggins is the new younger Duncan/Parker/Ginobilli

And I'm a Kobe fan

WRXbrah
07-12-2014, 08:32 AM
And I'm a Kobe fan

Redskins - Lakers - Braves

FoxMcCocks
07-12-2014, 08:37 AM
this is a much better situation for Lebron than miami

Dwade missed so much time that Lebron had to shoulder the load way more than necessary. In the weak East, Lebron can let Kyrie, Wiggins, Waiters etc. take the pressure off of him and play fewer minutes, and still secure a high seed even if they do run into growing pains, which he expects to.

Looks like Miller will be joining them, Allen will probably follow. 3 pt shooting, another primary ball handler who can shoot from deep, a scorer off the bench in Waiters, a wing defender in Wiggins that will take the pressure off Lebron defensively. Wow can't wait to see this team in action.

I honestly hope they don't trade for Love

flexnation
07-12-2014, 08:37 AM

Are you Srs? He made Mo Williams into an all star. Mo fuking Williams!

Let's not forget about Daniel Gibson, Anderson verajou, drew gooden, and JJ Hickson. There's probably a lot more I'm forgetting, will look up past Lebron teams and be back.

AyyePGheynz
07-12-2014, 08:45 AM

Let's not forget about Daniel Gibson, Anderson verajou, drew gooden, and JJ Hickson. There's probably a lot more I'm forgetting, will look up past Lebron teams and be back.

Damon Jones, Mario Chalmers, whole 2014 Heat

cashinout
07-12-2014, 08:49 AM
Kobe Bryant.

****in lol

rayallenscalves
07-12-2014, 09:10 AM
this is a much better situation for Lebron than miami

Dwade missed so much time that Lebron had to shoulder the load way more than necessary. In the weak East, Lebron can let Kyrie, Wiggins, Waiters etc. take the pressure off of him and play fewer minutes, and still secure a high seed even if they do run into growing pains, which he expects to.

Looks like Miller will be joining them, Allen will probably follow. 3 pt shooting, another primary ball handler who can shoot from deep, a scorer off the bench in Waiters, a wing defender in Wiggins that will take the pressure off Lebron defensively. Wow can't wait to see this team in action.

I honestly hope they don't trade for Love

This, Cleves Depth Is Going To Be Nasty.

PG: Irving/Jack
SG: Waiters/Wiggins/Allen
SF: Lebron/Deng/Miller
PF:Thompson/Benett/
C: Varejao/Zeller

Plus Random Rookie Prospects And Minimum Contracts. PLUS Their New Coach Is Bake. Cavs Will Be Nice To Watch.

jalundah
07-12-2014, 09:18 AM
Yes.

Anyone who isn't a spot up shooter is going to regress when playing with Lebron.

LAKERS

k.

Lebron driving and dishing to Kyrie/Waiters for open 3's? Throwing alley oops to Wiggins? Giving Tristan and Bennett easy layups down low? I'll take it.

Just because Kyrie's PPG is going to go down doesn't mean he is regressing.

FoxMcCocks
07-12-2014, 02:32 PM

Plus Random Rookie Prospects And Minimum Contracts. PLUS Their New Coach Is Bake. Cavs Will Be Nice To Watch.

wat. deng, zeller, and jack aren't on the team anymore brah

EnamorFit
07-12-2014, 02:55 PM
LeBron will turn waiters into a spot up shooter and kyrie will be looked at in the same way people view Westbrook when playing with KD

TexasMajor
07-12-2014, 02:57 PM
Look at what LeBron did to Wade and Bosh....

He doesn't make players around him better. He just wants to be best friends with everybody and have a good time.

fabofly
07-12-2014, 03:00 PM
I think they will allow multiple people to handle the ball. And lebron is deadly cutting off the ball and shooting with his feet set. He handled the ball so much in Mia and CLE 1.0 because they had no ball handlers as effective as he was. Kyrie in the pick and roll with lebron?

My body is ready.

He could pull up off the dribble, take it himself, hit lebron on the pick and pop, hit him rolling. It's gonna be fun to watch.

Pull up off the dribble? Deadly set shooter?

Playing with Tim Duncan hasn't stifled any young spurs ever. When you're a team first guy (LBJ, TD) it works.
Inb4 LBJ/Irving/Wiggins is the new younger Duncan/Parker/Ginobilli

And I'm a Kobe fan

Center + Wing players is one thing, Wing + Wing + Wing is another. Timmy does not have possession of the ball half of the time lebron does

No.

It must be weird to regurgitate what the media tells you and not even notice it. Who has lbj made better? He turned bosh to a shell of himself

So mo williams got kicked out of the league as soon as lebron left? Probably the most annoying thing about being on lebron's team is that when the team wins it was because of lebron, when the team loses its the supporting cast. Lbj got destroyed all series long defensively on Kawhi, the opposing team MVP, and no one mentions it.

Damon Jones, Mario Chalmers, whole 2014 Heat

He made them better? Mario + 2014 heat were the "cause" of the finals loss. How did he make them better?

Onita
07-12-2014, 03:01 PM

He doesn't make players around him better. He just wants to be best friends with everybody and have a good time.

LeBron take out Wade's knees while he was sleeping?

yourname2221
07-12-2014, 03:03 PM

Two words: Daniel Gibson

God, so not only are you delusional but now you really don't pay attention.

fabofly
07-12-2014, 03:13 PM
Two words: Daniel Gibson

He got a shooter more open looks, how did this make Gibson a better player? Gibson was a shooter from the get go.

GoldenArmKid
07-12-2014, 03:51 PM
kyrie...the goat 3 pt shooter alive ever

It's great because now that Lebron's back Cavs can finally use the greatest spot up corner 3 guy in the league.

waytoodeep03
07-12-2014, 05:02 PM
He got a shooter more open looks, how did this make Gibson a better player? Gibson was a shooter from the get go.

What ever happened to Gibson?

This is a good question op. Look at the heat

Chalmers, cole, bosh, wade

The first two never grew , bosh was stifled and wade well... He was wade.

The result was them depending on Lebron to win all the games. Lebron doesn't make anyone better as espn would have you believe

nvrstopworking
07-12-2014, 05:55 PM

What did he do to Wade and Bosh? Were you expecting them to avg 25+/gm along with Lebron? There are only so many shots to go around.

They made the Finals 4 times in a row and won 2 titles... I'd say that things worked out just fine.

ShweezyBTFO
07-12-2014, 06:24 PM
He just wants to be best friends with everybody and have a good time.

I agree. Thanks to LeBron, the women of Colorado can sleep a lot safer knowing that Kobe Bean Bryant isn't about to force himself upon them.

H7HmzwI67ec

jalundah
07-12-2014, 06:40 PM
You guys are retarded and don't know what the term "makes other players around him better" even means.

It means getting them easy, open looks, which Lebron has been adept at his whole career. Why do you think they try to surround him with pure shooters?

pro9298
07-12-2014, 06:46 PM

kobe wasn't ball dominant. he just had plays set up for him a lot.

pro9298
07-12-2014, 06:47 PM
You guys are retarded and don't know what the term "makes other players around him better" even means.

It means getting them easy, open looks, which Lebron has been adept at his whole career. Why do you think they try to surround him with pure shooters?

fact is, lebron only makes shooters better. he actually hurts other iso player's performances for the most part. those people usually have less assists and points themselves. less free throws and everything.

ballzofpeaze
07-12-2014, 06:54 PM

Haha

TexasMajor
07-12-2014, 07:02 PM
I agree. Thanks to LeBron, the women of Colorado can sleep a lot safer knowing that Kobe Bean Bryant isn't about to force himself upon them.

H7HmwI67ec

Yawn

Shutuponions
07-12-2014, 07:08 PM
Reading threads like these makes me wonder what Lebron would be if he woulda went to GSW.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/3955411/300-arrows-o.gif

the amount of 3s that would be made

BullStampede
07-12-2014, 08:34 PM
Does it matter? They haven't progressed so far, but you think adding LBJ will send them backwards? OK.

LordFarquaad69
07-12-2014, 08:42 PM
LeBron will turn waiters into a spot up shooter and kyrie will be looked at in the same way people view Westbrook when playing with KD

Lol if you think LeBron would let Kyrie play like Westbrook..

Krunk Fu
07-12-2014, 09:38 PM
Does it matter? They haven't progressed so far, but you think adding LBJ will send them backwards? OK.

They did progress. It was pretty obvious they just started to tank to acquire lottery status this year.

I do think LBJ will help Waiters out, who's a stud. Will give him more room to explode and more room for 3s. He was extremely streaky last year and never really got into a rhythm, but he's a slept on player

To0JIyG9UC0

Thee3ternal
07-12-2014, 09:57 PM
Lebron will find a way to make it work, like other stars have especially thinking Kobe.

Let the young guys do their thing, and if need be he takes over in the 4th.

Neil4123
07-12-2014, 09:59 PM
Lebron makes everyone around him better, that's really what makes him far and away the best player in the league. He'll accelerate their development.

LiftHeavy85
07-12-2014, 10:01 PM
LeBron will turn waiters into a spot up shooter and kyrie will be looked at in the same way people view Westbrook when playing with KDexcept bron is fine with getting 15pts and 10 assists. KD is a pure shooter and would get butthurt if anyone but him is the top scorer

MurkinSeason
07-12-2014, 10:03 PM
except bron is fine with getting 15pts and 10 assists. KD is a pure shooter and would get butthurt if anyone but him is the top scorer

Lebron is okay with those stats because that's the type of player he is.. He can't score like Durant can for one.

wickedman
07-12-2014, 10:06 PM
Lol at the idea of any of those piss ants getting their jimmies rustled they have one of the best players of all time running the show.

Rebounds45
07-13-2014, 02:12 AM
How about LeBron plays in the post and let Kyrie run the point.

Carpig
07-13-2014, 08:14 AM
Lebron is okay with those stats because that's the type of player he is.. He can't score like Durant can for one.

http://www.landofbasketball.com/player_comparison/d/kevin_durant_vs_lebron_james.htm

Lol...almost identical scoring averages and LeBron does it on fewer shots while dishing out twice as many assists.

Carpig
07-13-2014, 08:16 AM
How about LeBron plays in the post and let Kyrie run the point.

I like this idea, but LeBron currently has an average post game.

MurkinSeason
07-13-2014, 08:17 AM
http://www.landofbasketball.com/player_comparison/d/kevin_durant_vs_lebron_james.htm

Lol...almost identical scoring averages and LeBron does it on fewer shots while dishing out twice as many assists.

Still feel Lebron isn't on Durants level when it comes to offensive abilities

chlaxman
07-13-2014, 09:06 AM
No. They're going to get better opportunities because of the attention James will command. Now they can turn Waiters into an off the bench 2nd unit guy, which is probably where he'd be best anyways. Irving won't have to force the issue and will still get plenty of opportunities. Wiggins can focus on improving his game without the pressure of being an impact offensive player. He can run the fast break and improve his shot.

fabofly
07-13-2014, 11:23 AM
I like this idea, but LeBron currently has an average post game.

this. I could name literally 20+ players who have a better post game.

No. They're going to get better opportunities because of the attention James will command. Now they can turn Waiters into an off the bench 2nd unit guy, which is probably where he'd be best anyways. Irving won't have to force the issue and will still get plenty of opportunities. Wiggins can focus on improving his game without the pressure of being an impact offensive player. He can run the fast break and improve his shot.

You realise half the ability to reach star/superstar level in the nba is opportunities right? Why do you think Tmac blew up the first season he went to the magic? This whole bs about wiggins being able to "learn" without pressure is stupid. You learn from your mistakes, you dont get to make mistakes when you are 4th/5th option.

When your team is 3/4ths spot up shooters its not impressive to get assists.

Krunk Fu
07-13-2014, 11:28 AM
You realise half the ability to reach star/superstar level in the nba is opportunities right? Why do you think Tmac blew up the first season he went to the magic? This whole bs about wiggins being able to "learn" without pressure is stupid. You learn from your mistakes, you dont get to make mistakes when you are 4th/5th option.

LMAO! He will get plenty of playing time and have plenty of mistakes.

curlsbraah
07-13-2014, 11:33 AM
LeBron take out Wade's knees while he was sleeping?Lol there was nothing wrong with Wade physically this year

Even he said it during the finals

No excuses, he just sucks

chlaxman
07-13-2014, 11:36 AM

Plenty of great players had better teammates when they were young. Wiggins and Irving will have plenty of opportunity to develop.

waytoodeep03
07-13-2014, 11:37 AM
Lebron makes everyone around him better, that's really what makes him far and away the best player in the league. He'll accelerate their development.

he didnt do it on he heat otherwise they wouldve won the title 4 times