PDA

View Full Version : If the Cavs try to trade anyone for Love I will rage

ditsy911
07-11-2014, 05:59 PM
-brb creating a "Big Three" for the hell of it, tying up cap space on three players who aren't guaranteed to work well together
-brb the young players are really good. I even expect Bennett to bounce back after losing weight. The roster is good, leave it alone.
-brb watching LeBron play point forward and distributing the ball to young, athletic, and cheap players for several years. HHNNNGGGG
-brb Wiggins scoring 30ppg with LeBron dishing him the ball
-brb most fun team in the league to watch

Don't ruin a great opportunity, Cleveland.

3lixer
07-11-2014, 06:01 PM
Yeah, when I read they were considering trading Wiggins for Love I was like um....

I guess the Wiggins pick makes more sense now since Jabari Parker is Lebron Lite. I still think Parker has the better NBA career.

Tony_S
07-11-2014, 07:41 PM
It's going to be fun to watch all the young athleticism on Cleveland, and now with lebron

I hate lebron, but he did earn a little respect going back to Ohio. Going to be a joy to watch this cavs team play.

yourname2221
07-11-2014, 07:48 PM
Wiggins may never pan out, Love is already a proven commodity. Throwing in late 1st round picks is worth it too since Cleveland obv don't have the best scouting department. Throwing in bodies to make the cap work is most important.

MidniteMarauder
07-11-2014, 07:49 PM
This team had the number one draft pick. They were projected to go the playoffs last year, but they couldn't come close in the terrible east. Wiggins is the only trade bait with any real value. Minny would be crazy to trade Love without getting Wiggins.

BullStampede
07-11-2014, 07:58 PM
Not sure if srs

07-11-2014, 08:11 PM
Wiggins may never pan out, Love is already a proven commodity. Throwing in late 1st round picks is worth it too since Cleveland obv don't have the best scouting department. Throwing in bodies to make the cap work is most important.

This. Especially if Love is willing to commit long term, why not go for him? Depends on who else they can get this offseason though. If Miller and Allen come for cheap then I say it's a very real possibility they go after Love.

Hoop_Dreams
07-11-2014, 08:12 PM
In the section: People act like Love isn't a top 10 player

When Love was on the floor last year, Minnesota was a playoff team. When he went to the bench, the T'Wolves' leads would either disappear or games would go from being competitive to double digit deficits. Although +/- stats don't always tell the whole story, in Love's case it reflects exactly how valuable he was for that club. Unfortunately he's not Luol Deng and can't play 48 minutes a game.

Love is 25. 25.

If he paired up with Lebron, I would not be surprised to see his efficiency skyrocket since he'll draw less attention as the #2.

And if anything, adding Love actually helps the Cavs become more uptempo. He's a one man fastbreak. Brb defensive rebound. Brb Lebron releases. Brb touchdown.

Worst case scenario is that Wiggins turns into a top 3 player, and you traded away a top 3 player for a top 10 player.

Or Wiggins' shot never develops and he turns into a liability playing alongside Bron since he can't knock down open shots to keep proper spacing.

Nnear
07-11-2014, 08:19 PM
Love is a top 10 player, but the Wolves have very little power. Why trade a potential future MVP/elite 2 way player. What kind of return did CP3 or Howard get? Nothing Wiggins level in terms of potential. If I were the Cavs I would trade Waiters + Bennet/Thompson + picks but cap wise that probably doesn't work.

THEHEADLIN3R
07-11-2014, 08:44 PM
Love would be the perfect fit to play with Lebron, a big who likes to play on the perimeter and eats the glass.

It would make more sense bringing in an established star rather than trying to develop young talent around him, dude is 30 and in his 12th season already, his window for winning is getting smaller.

HighSquatBoss
07-11-2014, 08:49 PM

When Love was on the floor last year, Minnesota was a playoff team. When he went to the bench, the T'Wolves' leads would either disappear or games would go from being competitive to double digit deficits. Although +/- stats don't always tell the whole story, in Love's case it reflects exactly how valuable he was for that club. Unfortunately he's not Luol Deng and can't play 48 minutes a game.

Love is 25. 25.

If he paired up with Lebron, I would not be surprised to see his efficiency skyrocket since he'll draw less attention as the #2.

And if anything, adding Love actually helps the Cavs become more uptempo. He's a one man fastbreak. Brb defensive rebound. Brb Lebron releases. Brb touchdown.

Worst case scenario is that Wiggins turns into a top 3 player, and you traded away a top 3 player for a top 10 player.

Or Wiggins' shot never develops and he turns into a liability playing alongside Bron since he can't knock down open shots to keep proper spacing.

Tfw memphis grizzlies fan and remember when we drafted Kevin Love... then traded him for O.J. Mayo

goblin6
07-11-2014, 08:59 PM
This. Especially if Love is willing to commit long term, why not go for him? Depends on who else they can get this offseason though. If Miller and Allen come for cheap then I say it's a very real possibility they go after Love.

Even without Miller or Allen its worth going after Love. Should guarantee the Cavs an Eastern Conference Finals appearance at the least given how weak the conference is.

csjuve
07-11-2014, 09:01 PM
Love is a top 10 player, but the Wolves have very little power. Why trade a potential future MVP/elite 2 way player. What kind of return did CP3 or Howard get? Nothing Wiggins level in terms of potential. If I were the Cavs I would trade Waiters + Bennet/Thompson + picks but cap wise that probably doesn't work.

Works if you throw in both bennet and thompson along with waiters

jujuB
07-11-2014, 09:03 PM
K-Love is a threat on the court.

the only way on getting him is getting rid of wiggins. He ain't all that great. all of his highlights were dunks on scrubs for his first year in college. heavily reliant on athletic ability. Playing in the NBA is completely different league. wiggins will take a while adjusting to it.

MCrow
07-11-2014, 09:05 PM
I hope the Cavs GM doesn't think the way some morons on sports misc does. You take a known elite player over any rookie (minus a Lebron type, which Wiggins isn't), 99 of 100 times. Wiggins could turn out to be a total bust, you know what you have in Love who happens to be the best PF in the league. They only hangup should be what the Wolves might want in addition to Love.

mayweathermusic
07-11-2014, 09:08 PM
Kevin Love is the player the Heat wished Chris Bosh was. Lebron paired with Love's outside scoring would be lethal. Having said that, Lebron and Wiggins together on defense would be pretty sick. If Minny goes full retard and trades Love to CLE without getting back Wiggins then that team will be scary good in a year or two.

Love is 25. 25.

That's two men chief.

gl0beTr0tter
07-11-2014, 09:08 PM
If the Wolves played in the east they probably would've won 50 games last year and Love would be considered a top 5 player. Lebron's window is right now. If the Cavs are serious about winning a championship they'll trade for Love, even if it involves Wiggins. But then again, this is the Cavs, so I wouldn't count on it.

JorgeZimmermen
07-11-2014, 09:16 PM
it doesn't matter cause Minnesota isn't gonna give up Love without wiggins.

Who even came up with this dumbass scenario where the Wolves will accept role players for a proven top 10 player? it's snowballed throughout the internet the entire past week and it ignores important info such as contracts and salary cap issues. BRB give 56million to three players out of a 63 million dollar salary cap. "oh K-Love has to resign next year? Oh everyone will take major pay cuts again" ok lol.

ShweezyBTFO
07-11-2014, 09:17 PM
Even without Miller or Allen its worth going after Love. Should guarantee the Cavs an Eastern Conference Finals appearance at the least given how weak the conference is.

Vegas already has the Cavs at +150 to win the east, I can't imagine where that line would go if Love was traded to them. -250?

gonz312
07-11-2014, 09:45 PM
Love would have to change his game far less than they made Bosh change in Miami to free up room for Bron, he already loves hanging around the 3 pt line on offense.

Phil9
07-11-2014, 09:51 PM

Why? Because he is ditching Minnesota when he is a free agent anyways. Might as well get something in return and start the rebuilding process. Hell, they couldn't even make the playoffs with Love.

Nnear
07-11-2014, 09:56 PM
Why? Because he is ditching Minnesota when he is a free agent anyways. Might as well get something in return and start the rebuilding process. Hell, they couldn't even make the playoffs with Love.

That's exactly what I'm saying. Eventually Minnesota will have to trade Love or they will get nothing. That's why GS doesn't wanna give Thompson and why the Cavs aren't going to give Wigigns. They might lose out on Love but it's smarter to hold out until Minnesota gets desperate and takes a lesser offer.

MCrow
07-11-2014, 09:56 PM
Love would have to change his game far less than they made Bosh change in Miami to free up room for Bron, he already loves hanging around the 3 pt line on offense.

Yeah, Love spreads the court for LeBron and is also a good passer, rebounder, and shooter. He's actually not near as bad on defense in a zone, which is what most teams run. If he has to defense ISO then he's garbage but that doesn't happen that much in the NBA these days. If Kyrie can be more of a facilitator than he currently is LeBron will be getting setup nicely by both him and Love. We also know that LeBron is willing to pass and find Love for the 3's. Love is the ideal PF to play along side LeBron.

Krunk Fu
07-11-2014, 10:42 PM
It's going to be fun to watch all the young athleticism on Cleveland, and now with lebron

I hate lebron, but he did earn a little respect going back to Ohio. Going to be a joy to watch this cavs team play.

For the NBA to truly thrive, the East needs be as competitive as the West. This is one step towards that... still a ways to go.

woofermazing
07-11-2014, 11:37 PM
What I never liked about the Big 3 was the overlap in their games. With James/Love/Irving there's no confusion about anyones role.
Still don't think they should give up Wiggins though, he could be a beast for them early on if only for his defense. He should be able to lock down the opponents best scorer and give Lebron a break from that for once. The only other thing they need from him right now is a decent jump shot.

wickedman
07-12-2014, 01:58 AM
If Love is cool with being seen as a dick, all he has to do is let all the other teams know that he won't sign an extension with any team besides Cleveland.