PDA

View Full Version : How hard is it to academically qualify for an $EC team?

DeshaunWatson
07-11-2014, 04:56 PM
How retarded are these players?

Way to go USCJr

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/11/more-than-one-third-of-gamecocks-2014-recruiting-class-may-not-qualify/

ko5567
07-11-2014, 05:01 PM
I'm sure you have to be quite the scholar to qualify for clemson :rolleyes:

jtaylor2010
07-11-2014, 05:09 PM
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140228053154/sonicfanchara/images/f/fd/Haters_gonna_hate_ponies_fixed-37236.gif

YellowOnYellow
07-11-2014, 05:12 PM
Texas A&M is a research institution. Vandy is pretty intense.

pedobearu_aware
07-11-2014, 05:16 PM
Depends on the school.

USCe is known for taking (or trying to) less than stellar student athletes.

DeshaunWatson
07-11-2014, 05:20 PM
I'm sure you have to be quite the scholar to qualify for clemson :rolleyes:

Better than USCjr, that's for sure. If you can't qualify for USCjr, that's pretty sad. They're the lowest tier of education in the state.

I know a&m, uf, vandy, UGA, and Auburn are good academic schools. I also know Alabama & LSU are just as retarded as USCjr.

ko5567
07-11-2014, 05:27 PM
Better than USCjr, that's for sure. If you can't qualify for USCjr, that's pretty sad. They're the lowest tier of education in the state.

I know a&m, uf, vandy, UGA, and Auburn are good academic schools. I also know Alabama & LSU are just as retarded as USCjr.

I wouldn't lump auburn with those schools. We have some good programs but overall we're on the same level as bama.

scotyg
07-11-2014, 05:29 PM
I wouldn't lump auburn with those schools. We have some good programs but overall we're on the same level as bama.

whats the word on marshall? possible suspension?

BrawnySwoleman
07-11-2014, 05:33 PM
Why do you call South Carolina USCjr? They're older than Southern Cal.

pedobearu_aware
07-11-2014, 05:35 PM

They're gonna kick him out and then sign him again 3.50 minutes later. Auburn loves SEC transfers, I tell you what.

ko5567
07-11-2014, 05:35 PM

There hasn't been anything definite yet, but some people think it'll be around a 3 game suspension.

It was only residue but we've already given him a second chance after what he did at uga.

retiredrunner
07-11-2014, 05:41 PM
I remember there being some dude who was an engineering major, think civil... pretty sure he went undrafted but still

scotyg
07-11-2014, 05:42 PM
There hasn't been anything definite yet, but some people think it'll be around a 3 game suspension.

It was only residue but we've already given him a second chance after what he did at uga.

i went to kansas state, so that situation is definitely of interest to me

ko5567
07-11-2014, 05:43 PM
i went to kansas state, so that situation is definitely of interest to me

Our backup throws the ball better than marshall lol

scotyg
07-11-2014, 05:45 PM
Our backup throws the ball better than marshall lol

most quarterbacks do

Heaney
07-11-2014, 05:47 PM
OP forgetting about Mike Bellamy?

jtaylor2010
07-11-2014, 05:51 PM
Depends on the school.

USCe is known for taking (or trying to) less than stellar student athletes.

Dante Sawyer - offers from: Bama, Arkansas, Auburn, Georgia Tech, Maryland, Ole Miss, UNC, NC State, Tennessee, Ohio State, UCLA, USC, Vandy, and others

Kalan Ritchie - offers from: UF, clemson, UCONN, NC State, VT

Jhaustin Thomas - offers from: Bama, UGA,

Wesley Green - offers from: Bama, Auburn, Arkansas, clemson, UF, UGA, Ole Miss, Mizzou, Penn State, Vandy, lots of others

Chris Lammons - offers from: Bama, Arkansas, UF, FSU, Nebraska, Ohio State, Wisconsin, lots of others

Darin Smalls - offers from: Arkansas, clemson, GT, OU, Vandy, lots of others

Joe Blue - offers from: Auburn, UF, GT, VT

Dexter Wideman - offers from: Bama, clemson, FSU, LSU, UF, Ole Miss, Michigan

Big_Pete1000
07-11-2014, 05:52 PM
Just have a pulse and run fast

ko5567
07-11-2014, 05:52 PM
most quarterbacks do

True but I think he'll do much better throwing the ball this year. We have 2 amazing receivers in sammie coates and duke williams. People that have seen him throw over the spring/summer have said that his accuracy is better, but how hard is it to improve from a 59% completion rate.

scotyg
07-11-2014, 05:54 PM
True but I think he'll do much better throwing the ball this year. We have 2 amazing receivers in sammie coates and duke williams. People that have seen him throw over the spring/summer have said that his accuracy is better, but how hard is it to improve from a 59% completion rate.

between those two and tyler lockett theres going to be some fireworks

jtaylor2010
07-11-2014, 05:54 PM
OP forgetting about Mike Bellamy?

who could forget about this kid??

http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/mike-bellamy-money1.jpg

ko5567
07-11-2014, 05:58 PM
between those two and tyler lockett theres going to be some fireworks

I'm a little worried about the game since it'll be our first real test of the season. I don't know much about kstate but I heard they're better than last year.

scotyg
07-11-2014, 06:03 PM
I'm a little worried about the game since it'll be our first real test of the season. I don't know much about kstate but I heard they're better than last year.

defense will probably be above average again (25th in pts per game) but its Jake Waters improvement that will make or break the season. guy can fukin sling it and if he improves his consistency and lockett stays healthy, we can score with anyone

dirtdickens
07-11-2014, 06:10 PM
Dante Sawyer - offers from: Bama, Arkansas, Auburn, Georgia Tech, Maryland, Ole Miss, UNC, NC State, Tennessee, Ohio State, UCLA, USC, Vandy, and others

Wesley Green - offers from: Bama, Auburn, Arkansas, clemson, UF, UGA, Ole Miss, Mizzou, Penn State, Vandy, lots of others

Chris Lammons - offers from: Bama, Arkansas, UF, FSU, Nebraska, Ohio State, Wisconsin, lots of others

Offers, not admitted. There is a difference. For example, a couple B10 schools offered guy, but when it came time to commit they couldnt because they were borderline retarded. Those guys end up going to Kentucky, Ole Miss, or Auburn. Its pretty simple.

This topic should be geared towards which SEC team has the most retarded fans.

DeshaunWatson
07-11-2014, 06:18 PM
who could forget about this kid??

[img]http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/mike-bellamy-money1.jpg/img]

Didn't know Bellamy played for more than a year.

Is Auburn pursuing Chad Kelly after he's done with community college? He's way better than Marshall.

jtaylor2010
07-11-2014, 06:19 PM
Offers, not admitted. There is a difference. For example, a couple B10 schools offered guy, but when it came time to commit they couldnt because they were borderline retarded. Those guys end up going to Kentucky, Ole Miss, or Auburn. Its pretty simple.

This topic should be geared towards which SEC team has the most retarded fans.

Lol...like evey school doesn't make exceptions for academic standards when it comes to sports. Unless you're telling me there just happens to be a lot of 6'9" kids in Zimbabwe and Lithuania that can somehow get into Duke.

DeshaunWatson
07-11-2014, 06:21 PM
Lol...like evey school doesn't make exceptions for academic standards when it comes to sports. Unless you're telling me there just happens to be a lot of 6'9" kids in Zimbabwe and Lithuania that can somehow get into Duke.

If you can't get maintain a 2.0, I have bad news cuz

jtaylor2010
07-11-2014, 06:27 PM
College football withdrawal is officially in full force when we're arguing about academics.

DeshaunWatson
07-11-2014, 06:27 PM
College football withdrawal is officially in full force when we're arguing about academics.

Hahaha you cheeky kunt. So true. I just like to bash the SEC

Let's goooooo

ko5567
07-11-2014, 06:28 PM
Is Auburn pursuing Chad Kelly after he's done with community college? He's way better than Marshall.

The staff has been going after Deondre Francois now. We were in the top 2 for Torrance Gibson but the staff didn't like him constantly changing his mind and francois impressed them when he visited.

tsbalr120
07-11-2014, 06:36 PM
Wonder if UNC would take them

dirtdickens
07-11-2014, 06:42 PM

The SEC schools create majors like Family Management and allow players in that can not get in anywhere else. There is making ex exceptions and then there is SEC.

Tears
07-11-2014, 06:44 PM
The SEC schools create majors like Family Management and allow players in that can not get in anywhere else. There is making ex exceptions and then there is SEC.

What's an ex exception?

jtaylor2010
07-11-2014, 06:59 PM

Maybe one day you'll get over that loss to Bama...until then feel free to keep trolling.

Drayton13xpb
07-11-2014, 07:10 PM
Fairly easy to get into Auburn, I had a 28 ACT score and got accepted, but much harder to get legit scholarships which is why I didn't go.

pedobearu_aware
07-11-2014, 07:57 PM

I had this discussion in the recruiting thread the other day. If you try to glean truth from an "offer list", you are not the brightest bulb. To be fair though, I already knew that about you.

DeshaunWatson
07-11-2014, 09:29 PM
Fairly easy to get into Auburn, I had a 28 ACT score and got accepted, but much harder to get legit scholarships which is why I didn't go.

You're also instate which helps your chances. It's still easier to get into Alabama, USCjr, LSU, etc.

dirtdickens
07-12-2014, 03:56 AM

That would qualify you for like three Rhodes Scholarships at Auburn.

Maybe one day you'll get over that loss to Bama...until then feel free to keep trolling.

Dont really care. ND made it to the title, was pretty happy about. I know they wont ever make it back. South Carolina plan on making it anywhere besides playing the #3/4 B10 teams?

jtaylor2010
07-12-2014, 05:46 AM
I had this discussion in the recruiting thread the other day. If you try to glean truth from an "offer list", you are not the brightest bulb. To be fair though, I already knew that about you.

I get that not all offers are committable, just using that as a general idea of the schools interested in those players. And Dante Sawyer was a top 10 DE coming out of HS...lots of schools would've made an exception for him.

And just lol at a UGA fan talking sh!t about the kids that a school lets in. Ours may be on the edge academically, but lots of UGA kids are on the edge morally. At least if ours do get in we generally don't have to worry about them stealing from each other, beating up women, sexually assaulting women, doing drugs, or getting suspended/kicked off the team for whatever other reasons.

pedobearu_aware
07-12-2014, 06:34 AM
I get that not all offers are committable, just using that as a general idea of the schools interested in those players. And Dante Sawyer was a top 10 DE coming out of HS...lots of schools would've made an exception for him.

And just lol at a UGA fan talking sh!t about the kids that a school lets in. Ours may be on the edge academically, but lots of UGA kids are on the edge morally. At least if ours do get in we generally don't have to worry about them stealing from each other, beating up women, sexually assaulting women, doing drugs, or getting suspended/kicked off the team for whatever other reasons.

Dante Sawyer can barely read fyi. He tried to commit to Bama and Georgia before his senior year but neither would take him because his grades were so bad. (Ask Cal if you don't believe me on that one)
As for you trying to take the moral high ground, it is laughable. All it takes for me to ruin your argument is two words. Stephen Garcia.

PervedOut
07-12-2014, 06:45 AM

Not sure if srs m8. He was caught with a minimal amount and apparently reported it as required per Auburn rules/regs. This isnt anything more than a 1/2 game suspension and Im not trolling.

poonpounder311
07-12-2014, 07:07 AM
How retarded are these players?
Way to go USCJr
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/11/more-than-one-third-of-gamecocks-2014-recruiting-class-may-not-qualify/

You need to be able to count to potato.

jtaylor2010
07-12-2014, 07:18 AM
Dante Sawyer can barely read fyi. He tried to commit to Bama and Georgia before his senior year but neither would take him because his grades were so bad. (Ask Cal if you don't believe me on that one)
As for you trying to take the moral high ground, it is laughable. All it takes for me to ruin your argument is two words. Stephen Garcia.

lol....like some dumbass alcoholic who keyed a car and set off a fire extinguisher can come close to equaling the UGA players who steal from their own university, steal from their own teammates, beat up their girlfriends, drive drunk, sexually assault women, get felony gun charges, and commit countless other crimes . There's a reason UGA consistently lands in the top 5 of the Fulmer Cup standings.

jtaylor2010
07-12-2014, 07:22 AM
Not sure if srs m8. He was caught with a minimal amount and apparently reported it as required per Auburn rules/regs. This isnt anything more than a 1/2 game suspension and Im not trolling.

It's being reported as around 8-9 grams. But when he Malzahn took Marshall in he said he was on a short leash(after being kicked off the UGA team for stealing from his teammates......I know, shocking that UGA players steal). I guess we'll find out just how short his leash is. Hell, Dabo suspended Sammy Watkins two games for weed and adderall...and that is with no prior problems.

pedobearu_aware
07-12-2014, 07:26 AM
lol....like some dumbass alcoholic who keyed a car and set off a fire extinguisher can come close to equaling the UGA players who steal from their own university, steal from their own teammates, beat up their girlfriends, drive drunk, sexually assault women, get felony gun charges, and commit countless other crimes . There's a reason UGA consistently lands in the top 5 of the Fulmer Cup standings.

Stephen Garcia was suspended 5 separate times. This would never happen at Georgia because we punish our players when they do wrong, unlike a lot of other schools (USCe included).
Anyway, I think you have successfully cemented yourself as one of the Top 2 Dumbest SEC Posters in this section which is quite a feat.

jtaylor2010
07-12-2014, 07:34 AM
Stephen Garcia was suspended 5 separate times. This would never happen at Georgia because we punish our players when they do wrong, unlike a lot of other schools (USCe included).
Anyway, I think you have successfully cemented yourself as one of the Top 2 Dumbest SEC Posters in this section which is quite a feat.

lol....so at which point would you have kicked Garcia off the team??

UGA players beat up their girlfriends and get two game suspensions. Only SC player I can remember recently that did that was Quinton Richardson and he was immediately kicked off the team.

Please give examples of SC players who weren't punished severely enough in your eyes.

scousemanne
07-12-2014, 07:36 AM
They are at the school to play football who cares. UNC is a top school, but look what is happening there. Lol if you think that isn't happening at all of the school with higher academic standards

pedobearu_aware
07-12-2014, 07:45 AM
lol....so at which point would you have kicked Garcia off the team??

UGA players beat up their girlfriends and get two game suspensions. Only SC player I can remember recently that did that was Quinton Richardson and he was immediately kicked off the team.

Please give examples of SC players who weren't punished severely enough in your eyes.

I'm done discussing this with you and your C*ck-infested brain. Spurrier coddles his players. USCe is known for taking kids with bad grades and scores. These are simple facts that some blind homers cannot accept.
What is it that Shweezy always says? Ethered.

DeshaunWatson
07-12-2014, 07:46 AM
They are at the school to play football who cares. UNC is a top school, but look what is happening there. Lol if you think that isn't happening at all of the school with higher academic standards

We get that, we are talking about not being able to get in the lower academic schools, which is probably a 2.0 requirement? I just don't see how it's that hard to get a 2.0.

PervedOut
07-12-2014, 07:55 AM
I have no ill will towards Spurrier or SC but man, they should have kicked Garcia off that team long before he had his 5th strike

jtaylor2010
07-12-2014, 07:56 AM
I'm done discussing this with you and your C*ck-infested brain. Spurrier coddles his players. USCe is known for taking kids with bad grades and scores. These are simple facts that some blind homers cannot accept.
What is it that Shweezy always says? Ethered.

Exactly... you don't have sh!t. Plus 4 UGA players just got caught stealing from the university and won't see a single second of suspension. Please gtfo.

DeshaunWatson
07-12-2014, 08:09 AM
Exactly... you don't have sh!t. Plus 4 UGA players just got caught stealing from the university and won't see a single second of suspension. Please gtfo.

I think a few are suspended vs clemson?
I know we suspended 4 players, 2 of them being starters for just violating team rules for the opener.

pedobearu_aware
07-12-2014, 08:15 AM

Dude. Stop trying to look smart. It does not suit you. Two of those players are no longer at Georgia, one being dismissed and the other "choosing" to transfer. The other two, who had not been in trouble before, received in-house punishments. This is actually something that Georgia does not do often, as you pointed out earlier we are much more prone to suspend players when they mess up.

Anyway I'm really out this time. You can carry on arguing with yourself if you want, but I want nothing more to do with your retardation this morning.

PervedOut
07-12-2014, 08:15 AM
I know we suspended 4 players, 2 of them being starters for just violating team rules for the opener.
http://bkctmoapghow.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/1361094306894.jpg

jtaylor2010
07-12-2014, 08:25 AM

Tray Matthews was dismissed from the team for a lot of things. The WR involved transferred. The other two players won't see any suspensions.

http://georgia.247sports.com/Bolt/No-suspension-for-DeLoach-or-Taylor-28994859

jtaylor2010
07-12-2014, 08:29 AM
Dude. Stop trying to look smart. It does not suit you. Two of those players are no longer at Georgia, one being dismissed and the other "choosing" to transfer. The other two, who had not been in trouble before, received in-house punishments. This is actually something that Georgia does not do often, as you pointed out earlier we are much more prone to suspend players when they mess up.

Anyway I'm really out this time. You can carry on arguing with yourself if you want, but I want nothing more to do with your retardation this morning.

Like I said....players stole from the university and won't be suspended.

jtaylor2010
07-12-2014, 08:33 AM

That's one thing I give Dabo credit for....he'll suspend people who fukk up no matter who they are and not matter what game it is. Meanwhile on Tammy Bowden's watch:

http://www.wspa.com/story/21499691/clemson-player-will-play-in-bowl-game-despite-dui-charge

DeshaunWatson
07-12-2014, 09:15 AM
That's one thing I give Dabo credit for....he'll suspend people who fukk up no matter who they are and not matter what game it is. Meanwhile on Tammy Bowden's watch:

http://www.wspa.com/story/21499691/clemson-player-will-play-in-bowl-game-despite-dui-charge

Dabo preaches we do everything right with this program, etc. it better not bite him in the ass if we lose to UGA. That's a game we need to win.

metafour
07-12-2014, 09:37 AM
The SEC imposes the NCAA minimum admission standards for athletes. The only school in the conference that may self-impose higher standards is Vanderbilt, but I'm not 100% sure on that. Otherwise it doesn't matter whether you're talking about Florida or LSU, the admission standards are the same. Certain schools have more proactive admissions offices that may be able to work some wizardry on a kid that is teetering on the admission line, but there otherwise aren't cases where a kid would be cleared to enroll at 'X' school, but not at 'Y' school.

James24WR
07-12-2014, 09:42 AM
Wonder if UNC would take them

Not only would UNC take them, but they would be academic all ACC in a year.

ko5567
07-12-2014, 09:42 AM
The SEC imposes the NCAA minimum admission standards for athletes. The only school in the conference that may self-impose higher standards is Vanderbilt, but I'm not 100% sure on that. Otherwise it doesn't matter whether you're talking about Florida or LSU, the admission standards are the same. Certain schools have more proactive admissions offices that may be able to work some wizardry on a kid that is teetering on the admission line, but there otherwise aren't cases where a kid would be cleared to enroll at 'X' school, but not at 'Y' school.

People act like this only happens in the sec. Just about every college in the nation lowers their standards for athletes.

jtaylor2010
07-12-2014, 09:52 AM
People act like this only happens in the sec. Just about every college in the nation lowers their standards for athletes.

http://m.sfgate.com/collegesports/article/Cal-s-shockingly-low-athletic-admission-standards-4984721.php

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/07/us/ncaa-athletes-reading-scores/

http://www.usnews.com/education/blogs/paper-trail/2008/12/30/athletes-show-huge-gaps-in-sat-scores

All 53 schools for which football SAT scores were available had at least an 88-point gap between team members' average score and the average for the student body.

Schools with the highest admissions standards, such as Georgia Tech, the University of Virginia, the University of California-Berkeley, UCLA, and the University of North Carolina, had the biggest gaps between the SAT averages for athletes and the overall student body.

Football players performed 115 points worse on the SAT than male athletes in other sports.

The differences between athletes' and non-athletes' SAT scores were less than half as big for women (73 points) as for men (170).

Many schools routinely used a special admissions process to admit athletes who did not meet the normal entrance requirements. More than half of scholarship athletes at the University of Georgia, the University of Wisconsin, Clemson University, UCLA, Rutgers University, Texas A&M University and Louisiana State University were special admits. . . At Georgia, for instance, 73.5 percent of athletes were special admits compared with 6.6 percent of the student body as a whole.

pedobearu_aware
07-12-2014, 10:39 AM
http://www.usnews.com/education/blogs/paper-trail/2008/12/30/athletes-show-huge-gaps-in-sat-scores

All 53 schools for which football SAT scores were available had at least an 88-point gap between team members' average score and the average for the student body.

Schools with the highest admissions standards, such as Georgia Tech, the University of Virginia, the University of California-Berkeley, UCLA, and the University of North Carolina, had the biggest gaps between the SAT averages for athletes and the overall student body.

Football players performed 115 points worse on the SAT than male athletes in other sports.

The differences between athletes' and non-athletes' SAT scores were less than half as big for women (73 points) as for men (170).

Many schools routinely used a special admissions process to admit athletes who did not meet the normal entrance requirements. More than half of scholarship athletes at the University of Georgia, the University of Wisconsin, Clemson University, UCLA, Rutgers University, Texas A&M University and Louisiana State University were special admits. . . At Georgia, for instance, 73.5 percent of athletes were special admits compared with 6.6 percent of the student body as a whole.
A large part of the bold is due to the skyrocketing admissions standards at UGA in recent years (HOPE Scholarship ftw). It's hard to get in to a public Ivy nowadays, especially one that covers a large portion of tuition if you are an in-state student.

And you are talking crap about other schools' academics when a third of your recruiting class can't get in to a mid-tier (being generous) SEC school academic-wise.

jtaylor2010
07-12-2014, 10:48 AM
A large part of the bold is due to the skyrocketing admissions standards at UGA in recent years (HOPE Scholarship ftw). It's hard to get in to a public Ivy nowadays, especially one that covers a large portion of tuition if you are an in-state student.

And you are talking crap about other schools' academics when a third of your recruiting class can't get in to a mid-tier (being generous) SEC school academic-wise.

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/29832_o.gif

pedobearu_aware
07-12-2014, 10:52 AM
You're a few years too late. I used to run with that crew. One of them was on a KFC commercial and the other one is an award-winning brew master.

dirtdickens
07-12-2014, 12:37 PM
OP asks for a thread hating on the SEC and ends up insulting the SEC on his own. jtaylor thread for sure.

DeshaunWatson
07-12-2014, 12:59 PM
OP asks for a thread hating on the SEC and ends up insulting the SEC on his own. jtaylor thread for sure.

ACC, we president now?

James24WR
07-12-2014, 01:02 PM
ACC, we president now?

Can confirm ACC GOAT academic P5 confrence

jtaylor2010
07-12-2014, 01:08 PM

Good lord bro....if you were hanging onto my d!ck any tighter you'd be my nutsack.

Grapplekick
07-12-2014, 02:08 PM
If you're really good, everything is taken care of for you. Papers are written by tutors, phony classes are put on your transcript etc. If you're an awesome player, hopefully you'll be drafted by the NFL. If not, the university could care less if you graduate as an illiterate or not. You did your job helping the school gain millions in spectator fees and TV contracts, while you get nothing.

PervedOut
07-12-2014, 06:17 PM
If you're really good, everything is taken care of for you. Papers are written by tutors, phony classes are put on your transcript etc. If you're an awesome player, hopefully you'll be drafted by the NFL. If not, the university could care less if you graduate as an illiterate or not. You did your job helping the school gain millions in spectator fees and TV contracts, while you get nothing.
Fixed that username for ya brah

DeshaunWatson
07-12-2014, 07:37 PM

man walks on moon

jtaylor2010
07-13-2014, 06:57 AM
Fixed that username for ya brah

No Buckeye hate, but it could've just as easily been Adolphus Washington...

Itís the education part. I know all these schools athletically can offer me the same thing. The academic support at Ohio State, there is no way you can fail. Even if youíre giving minimal effort there is no way you can fail.

pedobearu_aware
07-13-2014, 08:48 AM

Arden Key said the exact same sh*t you moron.

jtaylor2010
07-13-2014, 08:58 AM
Arden Key said the exact same sh*t you moron.

Right...but I'm not the one with a holier than thou attitude like you and dirt. Same sh!t happens at just about every school. Urine idiot if you think it doesn't.

PalmettoG27
07-13-2014, 08:59 AM
Can't compete with em in football, so let's try academically! Lol

dirtdickens
07-13-2014, 09:10 AM
Right...but I'm not the one with a holier than thou attitude like you and dirt. Same sh!t happens at just about every school. Urine idiot if you think it doesn't.

Are you really this potato in real life?
-Schools can offer anyone they want, doesnt mean they will be accepted
EX: Elijah Daniel DL Auburn

-Schools in the SEC absolutely make up majors that no one else does, it keeps players eligible.
EX:http://i.imgur.com/YetEx.jpg

pedobearu_aware
07-13-2014, 09:10 AM
I just like pointing out all of the dumb stuff you say (which is a lot). The "holier than thou attitude" you think you're getting is actually your own intellectual inferiority peeking through.

jtaylor2010
07-13-2014, 09:11 AM

http://i.imgur.com/UKmltIE.jpg

jtaylor2010
07-13-2014, 09:14 AM
I just like pointing out all of the dumb stuff you say (which is a lot). The "holier than thou attitude" you think you're getting is actually your own intellectual inferiority peeking through.

No, you hate Spurrier and Dirt hates the SEC so you trololol.

You act like UGA is some awesome university that doesn't let dumb kids in...then I point out that almost 3/4 of your athletes were special exceptions(probably just about all of your football players). So if they weren't smart enough to get in then how are they passing all of those classes?

pedobearu_aware
07-13-2014, 09:23 AM
No, you hate Spurrier and Dirt hates the SEC so you trololol.

You act like UGA is some awesome university that doesn't let dumb kids in...then I point out that almost 3/4 of your athletes were special exceptions(probably just about all of your football players). So if they weren't smart enough to get in then how are they passing all of those classes?
I already pointed out that the admission requirements are high and rising at Georgia, due to the HOPE scholarship. No sh*t that most players would not get in if they didn't play football. What you neglect to mention is that Georgia (a public Ivy) has the highest graduation rate for football players in the SEC (or they did at this time last year).

jtaylor2010
07-13-2014, 09:28 AM
What you neglect to mention is that Georgia (a public Ivy) has the highest graduation rate for football players in the SEC (or they did at this time last year).

I'm not saying that UGA isn't a great university...I'm saying that UGA also lets in people who aren't very bright and helps them pass classes they would never be able to pass if they weren't monsters on the football field.

pedobearu_aware
07-13-2014, 09:43 AM
I'm not saying that UGA isn't a great university...I'm saying that UGA also lets in people who aren't very bright and helps them pass classes they would never be able to pass if they weren't monsters on the football field.
The problem is the evidence you're using to try and support your claim. The article you posted that mentions SAT gap compares athletes to the regular student body. There is going to be a bigger gap at better schools. Of course Georgia has a big gap since most SAT scores of Georgia students fall between 1700-2000. Compare that to USCe where most SAT scores fall between 1100-1300. You should find it scary that you can't get a third of your recruiting class into school with such low standards.

jtaylor2010
07-13-2014, 10:09 AM
The problem is the evidence you're using to try and support your claim. The article you posted that mentions SAT gap compares athletes to the regular student body. There is going to be a bigger gap at better schools. Of course Georgia has a big gap since most SAT scores of Georgia students fall between 1700-2000. Compare that to USCe where most SAT scores fall between 1100-1300. You should find it scary that you can't get a third of your recruiting class into school with such low standards.

It says that the biggest gaps are at the schools with the highest standards. So it's not that the top schools are only letting in really bright student athletes. They may be a little smarter, but if the standards were also high for the student athletes then the gap would be about the same across the board. But those schools probably let in about the same types of student athletes, which causes the wider gap.

But yes it does bother me that so many may fail to qualify. Can't remember a class coming up so short.

dirtdickens
07-13-2014, 12:22 PM
It says that the biggest gaps are at the schools with the highest standards. So it's not that the top schools are only letting in really bright student athletes. They may be a little smarter, but if the standards were also high for the student athletes then the gap would be about the same across the board. But those schools probably let in about the same types of student athletes, which causes the wider gap.

But yes it does bother me that so many may fail to qualify. Can't remember a class coming up so short.Uhh, ND has lost their top 1-3 recruits in each of the last like 5 classes because of that exact reason. You have to have foreign language and calculus to get in, no matter if you are an athlete or not.

I understand they are an exception, but Georgia fan is right. You are pretty terrible at arguing whatever it is that you are arguing. Right now I would put you in the Arigohld and Calhexas territory of sports poster.

DeshaunWatson
07-13-2014, 12:28 PM

South Carolina is (42-65-4) against Clemson

http://cdn.sportstalksc.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/63-17.jpg

DeshaunWatson
07-13-2014, 12:36 PM
GO SEC GAMECOCKS

http://i57.tinypic.com/2zdvne9.jpg

scotyg
07-13-2014, 12:49 PM
South Carolina is (42-65-4) against Clemson

http://cdn.sportstalksc.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/63-17.jpg

historical records, what are you a closet michigan fan?

jtaylor2010
07-13-2014, 01:21 PM
Uhh, ND has lost their top 1-3 recruits in each of the last like 5 classes because of that exact reason. You have to have foreign language and calculus to get in, no matter if you are an athlete or not.

I understand they are an exception, but Georgia fan is right. You are pretty terrible at arguing whatever it is that you are arguing. Right now I would put you in the Arigohld and Calhexas territory of sports poster.

Yeah, Notre Dame players are so fukkin brilliant that they fall in love with people that don't exist.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1976547/teosux.gif

PervedOut
07-14-2014, 05:23 AM
Well at least you didnt post that Terrelle Pryor thesis paper thats floating around.

Carpig
07-14-2014, 07:27 AM
Uhh, ND has lost their top 1-3 recruits in each of the last like 5 classes because of that exact reason. You have to have foreign language and calculus to get in, no matter if you are an athlete or not.

Jerome Bettis still cant write his own name.

Heaney
07-14-2014, 07:59 AM

lol, ND has lost ZERO top recruits because of academics......please explain to me how Eddie Vanderdoes failed to qualify at ND but got into UCLA with ease

socrates07
07-14-2014, 12:12 PM
Jerome Bettis still cant write his own name.

is this true?

dirtdickens
07-14-2014, 12:31 PM
lol, ND has lost ZERO top recruits because of academics......please explain to me how Eddie Vanderdoes failed to qualify at ND but got into UCLA with ease

Vanderdoes found out he had to be one of thirteen majors and that once on campus he was required to actually do work. Hence, him tranferring to UCLA citing medical hardship, when the distance from his sick relative is the same as from Columbus to Atl, Georgia.

Tee Shepard, 5* corner, gone before spring ball was over.

Davonte Neal, 5* WR, gone after one year, academics.

Golson, thrown out of school, starting QB on a national title contender.

Aaron Lynch, psycho, couldnt get work done.

The list goes on and on TBH. I wish they would allow exceptions and maybe they could get some elite guys.

dirtdickens
07-14-2014, 12:32 PM
is this true?Lou Holtz era so likely an exception, but this is untrue. Bettis is pretty sharp.

DeshaunWatson
07-14-2014, 01:07 PM

lol &

On May 25, 2013, it was reported that Golson no longer was enrolled at Notre Dame,[1] though he was readmitted on December 13, 2013

dirtdickens
07-14-2014, 03:54 PM
lol &

On May 25, 2013, it was reported that Golson no longer was enrolled at Notre Dame,[1] though he was readmitted on December 13, 2013He got thrown out and had requirements to make in order to come back. He went to some juco in Cali and did what he had to. I give him props, he could have easily went to Ole Miss and played.

It will get real interesting when Kelly yanks him for some random reason and Zaire plays lights out.

PervedOut
07-15-2014, 04:40 AM
He got thrown out and had requirements to make in order to come back. He went to some juco in Cali and did what he had to. I give him props, he could have easily went to Ole Miss and played.

It will get real interesting when Kelly yanks him for some random reason and Zaire plays lights out.
you can book this one

DeshaunWatson
07-15-2014, 07:49 AM
just lol @ SEC Media day by Steve Spurrier:

Asked about winning the SEC, he dodges the question and talks about "dominating" clemson.

"majority of our fans would rather beat clemson than the SEC, Personally i'd rather win the SEC, that's a bigger trophy"

Looks like he's accepting being irrelevant to the SEC, sorry JTAYLOR <3

Heaney
07-15-2014, 08:01 AM
Vanderdoes found out he had to be one of thirteen majors and that once on campus he was required to actually do work. Hence, him tranferring to UCLA citing medical hardship, when the distance from his sick relative is the same as from Columbus to Atl, Georgia.

Tee Shepard, 5* corner, gone before spring ball was over.

Davonte Neal, 5* WR, gone after one year, academics.

Aaron Lynch, psycho, couldnt get work done.

The list goes on and on TBH. I wish they would allow exceptions and maybe they could get some elite guys.

Not sherriff.......

literally none of these guys left due to academics except Golson who GOT EXPELLED FOR CHEATING

Find me one instance where a top 3 ND commit couldnt enroll due to academics......for your time I'll get the ball rolling with a Michigan commit who couldn't enroll--- Demar Dorsey, borderline 5* safety

jtaylor2010
07-15-2014, 09:37 AM
just lol @ SEC Media day by Steve Spurrier:

Asked about winning the SEC, he dodges the question and talks about "dominating" clemson.

"majority of our fans would rather beat clemson than the SEC, Personally i'd rather win the SEC, that's a bigger trophy"

Looks like he's accepting being irrelevant to the SEC, sorry JTAYLOR <3

You scared?? He didn't dodge the question, just said that a lot of fans would rather beat clemson than win the SEC. Not many that I know but I'm sure they're out there. You probably feel the same about clemson in the ACC....of course winning the ACC doesn't really mean anything though.

But Spurrier did bring plenty of lulz as usual.

http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2014/07/15/steve-spurrier-again-wins-sec-football-media-days/

DeshaunWatson
07-15-2014, 09:45 AM
You scared?? He didn't dodge the question, just said that a lot of fans would rather beat clemson than win the SEC. Not many that I know but I'm sure they're out there. You probably feel the same about clemson in the ACC....of course winning the ACC doesn't really mean anything though.

But Spurrier did bring plenty of lulz as usual.

http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2014/07/15/steve-spurrier-again-wins-sec-football-media-days/

How come USCjr could only win the ACC once? 45 years ago

jtaylor2010
07-15-2014, 12:38 PM

Because SC football sucked for its' first 100 years of existence.

Retoaded
07-15-2014, 01:19 PM

*5*

dirtdickens
07-15-2014, 03:05 PM
Not sherriff.......

literally none of these guys left due to academics except Golson who GOT EXPELLED FOR CHEATING

Find me one instance where a top 3 ND commit couldnt enroll due to academics......for your time I'll get the ball rolling with a Michigan commit who couldn't enroll--- Demar Dorsey, borderline 5* safetyEvery single one of them got booted/left for academics.

If you want just recruits that couldnt get in, elite guys there are a sht load of them. Like I said, you have to have calculus and a foreign language. There was a pretty good article a few years ago where Christian Jones of FSU was considering FSU/ND and talked about how he had to take summer school math to get into ND. He didnt and went to FSU.

I didnt go to ND and Im not the ND academics snob guy, but if you really dont think they lose guys for this stuff then you are blind. ND only has 13 majors, stuff like architectyre, the #1 Business school in the country, science and math. You can not enroll there and just take some BS major, it scares off tons of guys from the South. Hell ND cant even recruit the state of Virginia(except private schools) because admissions told them they would not be accepted.

http://247sports.com/Player/Tee-Shepard-7427

YOLOdreaming
07-15-2014, 07:50 PM

I dunno bout that brah, FSU did beat Auburn last I checked.

DeshaunWatson
07-15-2014, 08:19 PM
*5*

let me know when you get to 7.

Retoaded
07-16-2014, 12:46 PM
let me know when you get to 7.

cool. bookmarked the thread to come back in 2 years and post.

jtaylor2010
07-16-2014, 02:10 PM
cool. bookmarked the thread to come back in 2 years and post.

And the best part about it will be that we'll see it for ourselves, and won't have to rely on hearing stories from our great great grandfathers.