You ****in wot? He's going to the 6ers

YWOC
07-11-2014, 11:59 AM
bake.....

to the NBA draft lottery

Spill512
07-11-2014, 11:59 AM
What the fuk man.

What kind of assets are we getting for taking his contract?

MusicalFlan
07-11-2014, 12:00 PM
What if Lin learns from Kobe and takes his game to a new level

adkins0311
07-11-2014, 12:01 PM
What if Lin learns from Kobe and takes his game to a new level

Lol stay tripping on acid bruh

MusicalFlan
07-11-2014, 12:04 PM
Lol stay tripping on acid bruh

He is going to be with Dantoni again, linsanity is bake. We all know how he is with pointguards.

DKPhenomenom
07-11-2014, 12:04 PM
Lol Lakers fans in for another rough season.

BullBoy8
07-11-2014, 12:06 PM
Kobe doesnt even know who Lin is.

CPAYzNH4xXY

icTkbn9Sprs

adkins0311
07-11-2014, 12:07 PM
He is going to be with Dantoni again, linsanity is bake. We all know how he is with pointguards.

If you say so mane see you in the lottery again

MusicalFlan
07-11-2014, 12:09 PM
If you say so mane see you in the lottery again

Lolwat, im not a lakers fan and lins biggest hater on the board

ThatKindaGuy
07-11-2014, 12:10 PM
Kobe doesnt even know who Lin is.

Literally his first words in that video are "I know who he is" :|

BullBoy8
07-11-2014, 12:11 PM
Literally his first words in that video are "I know who he is" :|

hehe ya I know. I put that sentence first, then watched the vid. Was too lazy to take it away.

Ivan7x
07-11-2014, 12:18 PM
yes. phaggot is finally gone

ThatKindaGuy
07-11-2014, 12:23 PM
yes. phaggot is finally gone

Nah, it says "Lin", not "Harden".

MusicalFlan
07-11-2014, 12:26 PM
Nah, it says "Lin", not "Harden".

Rockets just need a better coach to put harden in his place on the team. Once they get that then Rockets gonna be tough to beat.

ThatKindaGuy
07-11-2014, 12:30 PM
Rockets just need a better coach to put harden in his place on the team. Once they get that then Rockets gonna be tough to beat.

Cringe every time I see Harden cuss out Lin for messed up plays that are Hardens fault. Same with Dwight. Lin was basically Houstons Chalmers.

firstandgoal
07-11-2014, 12:30 PM
LOL Lakers are not going to take Lin, if they do the little glimmer of hope of signing Carmelo is as good as dead.

sn24
07-11-2014, 12:31 PM
LOL Lakers are not going to take Lin, if they do the little glimmer of hope of signing Carmelo is as good as dead.

They would do it after Melo makes a decision.

ThatKindaGuy
07-11-2014, 12:33 PM

This.

If Melo is gone, and it looks like he is (decision expected earliest tomorrow), then there is no worthwhile big free agent out there for the Lakers structure. Might as well take meh-players to have a functional team that won't produce another record loss year, while not taking on too much baggage for the rebuild. Lin is an expiring contract, so no long-term impact on cap. Plus Houston will have the sweeten the deal with picks, which the Lakers need, since they owe their first round in 2015 to the Suns.

firstandgoal
07-11-2014, 12:34 PM

makes sense

sn24
07-11-2014, 12:35 PM
This.

If Melo is gone, and it looks like he is (decision expected earliest tomorrow), then there is no worthwhile big free agent out there for the Lakers structure. Might as well take meh-players to have a functional team that won't produce another record loss year, while not taking on too much baggage for the rebuild. Lin is an expiring contract, so no long-term impact on cap. Plus Houston will have the sweeten the deal with picks, which the Lakers need, since they owe their first round in 2015 to the Suns.

Yeah the Lakers would probably get a 2017 first rounder since I think Houston gave up their 2015 one when trading Asik. Either way I think the Lakers gave up their 2017 pick to Orlando in the Howard trade so it would still help them out. I just wish they had that 2015 pick since it'll be a lottery pick again

firstandgoal
07-11-2014, 12:40 PM
This.

If Lin focuses purely on passing to Kobe he might have a chance to start again lol, Lin plays the subservient Asian man stereotype.

ThatKindaGuy
Yeah the Lakers would probably get a 2017 first rounder since I think Houston gave up their 2015 one when trading Asik. Either way I think the Lakers gave up their 2017 pick to Orlando in the Howard trade so it would still help them out. I just wish they had that 2015 pick since it'll be a lottery pick again

Nay, Houston has ALL their first round picks. We can get pick n choose. The sooner the better, because in 2015 (or if we tank in 2015, then Suns get 2016) we lose one.

If Lin focuses purely on passing to Kobe he might have a chance to start again lol, Lin plays the subservient Asian man stereotype.

Kobe is friggin HUGE in China. Putting him and Lin together will be crazy marketing/merch-wise. I don't mind Lin as a facilitator. Sure can get more games out of him than old man Nash.

Ivan7x
Nah, it says "Lin", not "Harden".wont even bother. Lin sucks

sn24
07-11-2014, 12:45 PM
Nay, Houston has ALL their first round picks. We can get pick n choose. The sooner the better, because in 2015 (or if we tank in 2015, then Suns get 2016) we lose one.

Oh shiit for some reason I thought Houston gave up a first rounder to trade Asik even though they got one in return lmao. I'd really want that Pelicans 2015 pick for eating Lin's salary. Even though they have a good core around Davis, I don't know if they'll make the playoffs with the West as stacked as it is. Is the Lakers 2015 pick protected?

firstandgoal
07-11-2014, 12:45 PM

Kobe is friggin HUGE in China. Putting him and Lin together will be crazy marketing/merch-wise. I don't mind Lin as a facilitator. Sure can get more games out of him than old man Nash.

Maybe Nash can coach him and hone his skills? Lin said he looks up to Nash, but yeah Kobe is huge in Asia, Lin to Lakers would not be a bad move at all in terms of ratings and marketing, they have a huge Asian population in LA, Chinatown is right next door to Staples.

sn24
07-11-2014, 12:47 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ********@WojYahooNBA 59s
The Rockets finalizing Jeremy Lin, a future first-round pick and other draft considerations to the Lakers, league source tells Yahoo.

Maybe they won't get Jones but if they can somehow pull out another first rounder that would be nice. But I guess this means the Lakers are officially out of the Melo sweepstakes

sn24
07-11-2014, 12:53 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA 1m
The Lakers will send cash and rights to overseas player to the Rockets, but no salary back, league source tells Yahoo.

Anyone know who this overseas player could be?

sn24
07-11-2014, 12:55 PM
what's the deal? lin, 1st rounder, draft considerations for ??

Apparently just an overseas player. Not sure who it is though. Either way, if the Lakers get a 1st rounder (especially if it's the one from the Pelicans) it'll be a good trade for them

sn24
07-11-2014, 12:58 PM
wikipedia says these are the players for whom the lakers have retained draft rights

Ater Majok in 2011

Chinemelu Elonu in 2009

and some dude from 2004

guessing it must be the first one?

Probably. I recognize Elonu's name, probably from looking at past drafts on wikipedia, but other than that idk anything about them lol. Looks like the Lakers bout to win this trade!

KBaller33
07-11-2014, 12:58 PM
It's official now.

sn24
07-11-2014, 01:00 PM
Just checked, the 2015 pick the Lakers gave the Suns is top 5 protected. I doubt they'll be bad enough to be that low

ThatKindaGuy
07-11-2014, 01:01 PM
Anyone know who this overseas player could be?

Maybe http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3982/chinemelu-elonu - plays somewhere overseas

MusicalFlan
07-11-2014, 01:01 PM
Probably. I recognize Elonu's name, probably from looking at past drafts on wikipedia, but other than that idk anything about them lol. Looks like the Lakers bout to win this trade!

Lol at thinking lakers win that trade

sn24
07-11-2014, 01:02 PM

It's a good trade for both teams. I'm not saying they win in a sense that they got the better side of the two. I'm saying they benefitted a lot out of this trade, so it's a win

Rebounds45
07-11-2014, 01:05 PM
Yes, Lin is back in California. Hope i can go back too one day.

BullBoy8
07-11-2014, 01:08 PM

Lin to the Lakers just sealed the deal for them to be the "easily" most profitable team again next year.

Lebron, Lin, Kobe, Rose, and Melo (if on the bulls) will be the top selling Jerseys. Lebron #1 obviously.

Lakers get assets to help rebuild in the future.

waytoodeep03
07-11-2014, 01:16 PM
how is it not a win for the lakers? they get a solid PG and a first for a nobody

and for $8m? that's fantastic man.

kobe is also huge in china, as is lin obviously. it'll greatly help LA with their chinese sales and that's what counts

This isnt a long term solution. This is to get salary off the books with expiring contracts.

We need wiggins somehow.

Spill512
07-11-2014, 01:17 PM
lmfao at this off season. Our first signing is fuking Jeremy Lin and we'll probably end up with Byron Scott as our coach. Fuk dis chit. Whatever, full reload the following season when Nash/Lin get off the books.

firstandgoal
07-11-2014, 01:19 PM
This isnt a long term solution. This is to get salary off the books with expiring contracts.

We need wiggins somehow.

Its not a long term thing, they only took lin just to clear up for next year, They will only have Lin for one year from what I heard and than when he contract expires toss him to obscurity.

He will more than likely draw some huge jersey sales from Chinese, and it will give LA a bit of a boost in ticket sales and tv ratings again, but unless Lin has another break out performance again he is out as soon as his contract is done.

He will ride the bench as a role player to fill in at point every once and a while.

sn24
07-11-2014, 01:21 PM
Its not a long term thing, they only took lin just to clear up for next year, They will only have Lin for one year from what I heard and than when he contract expires toss him to obscurity.

He will more than likely draw some huge jersey sales from Chinese, and it will give LA a bit of a boost in ticket sales and tv ratings again, but unless Lin has another break out performance again he is out as soon as his contract is done.

He will ride the bench as a role player to fill in at point every once and a while.

This. Since Nash will probably play less than 20 games, Lin and Marshall will share the pg duties and once the year is over, they'll let Lin go. They're doing this for one reason only, which is getting a first rounder.

nvrstopworking
07-11-2014, 01:23 PM
This. Since Nash will probably play less than 20 games, Lin and Marshall will share the pg duties and once the year is over, they'll let Lin go. They're doing this for one reason only, which is getting a first rounder.

Might be the plan now.... but if Lin tears it up this season the Lakers will have tough choice on their hands.

You know that he'll be an instant crowd favourite there with his Cali roots and with the large asian community.

HoustonMiscer
I hope you Laker brahs enjoy Lin srs.

Spill512
I hope you Laker brahs enjoy Lin srs.

**** you.

sn24
07-11-2014, 01:25 PM
Might be the plan now.... but if Lin tears it up this season the Lakers will have tough choice on their hands.

You know that he'll be an instant crowd favourite there with his Cali roots and with the large asian community.

Yeah he'll definitely sell tickets, but with Kobe back this year that wouldn't have been a problem. I hope he succeeds here but I don't have high expectations

MurkinSeason
07-11-2014, 01:27 PM
Had to log in for this one just to say Lakers not bake. Lol
Stick with Marshall brahs

jacklambert58
07-11-2014, 01:32 PM

Pretty sure you're going to be on the sports misc longer than Jason Garrett remains in Dallas.

MurkinSeason
07-11-2014, 01:36 PM
Pretty sure you're going to be on the sports misc longer than Jason Garrett remains in Dallas.

That's A okay with me brother!

firstandgoal
07-11-2014, 01:38 PM
If Kobe gets injured again or plays sub par Lin might have a chance to step up, this is his last chance to prove to the people that he is not a fluke. I hope he plays hard and does well, but the chances are he won't, he is too timid and submissive he wants to please the divas on his team, he needs to be strong willed and not put up with the Bs he needs to fight back and stop trying to hesitate on shots or passes, when he played on the Knicks he played with confidence because the coach D antoni gave him the assurance to control the ball and do what felt right shoot or pass.

Kobe is past his prime, so the Lakers are looking for a young guy to try and build up to carry the team.

TyGuy505
07-11-2014, 01:45 PM

You're kidding right?

MusicalFlan
07-11-2014, 01:45 PM
You're kidding right?

Uh.. yeah? I ****in hate Lin and am glad hes gone. Loling at lakers

dsync
07-11-2014, 03:34 PM
Lin + Randle could actually work. Requires not picking a fail coach though. Jerry Sloan available?

YWOC
07-11-2014, 03:36 PM

Wow, you spent one whole day gone and already back here. fukking lol