PDA

View Full Version : Need DR. advise about what the heck this is what I need to do to fix

insanityranch
07-11-2014, 09:17 AM
Can any of you DR. out there help me with this ??? I think it is a Hiatal Hernia, I have had it for a while now ... but as I am trying to get fit and lose weight and lift, it is concerning me more and more I don't want to make it worse and I do want it better what can I do, ???
this is how it looks when I try to do a set up ( I cant do even one by the way and not sure if this is why) and when I do leg lifts . when I work out I do crunch machine and I do about 200 lbs 4 sets of 12 and I don't want to make it worse so I need advise does not hurt but it is uncomfortable

thanks for the advise

Kevn

insanityranch
07-11-2014, 09:22 AM
Can any of you DR. out there help me with this ??? I think it is a Hiatal Hernia, I have had it for a while now ... but as I am trying to get fit and lose weight and lift, it is concerning me more and more I don't want to make it worse and I do want it better what can I do, ???
this is how it looks when I try to do a set up ( I cant do even one by the way and not sure if this is why) and when I do leg lifts . when I work out I do crunch machine and I do about 200 lbs 4 sets of 12 and I don't want to make it worse so I need advise does not hurt but it is uncomfortable

thanks for the advise

Kevn
sorry forgot phots

keyboardworkout
07-11-2014, 09:34 AM
I wasn't aware that hiatal hernia's were externally visible. Mine certainly isn't. Only way you can see it is with a scope down my esophagus.

Your pic doesn't look unusual to me. Looks like a typical weak core.

I would look into Dr. Stuart McGill's stuff if you want to work your core and save your back.

Karl_Hungus
07-11-2014, 09:49 AM

Dude, are you kiddin'? That looks pretty f'cked up to me. He looks like he has got an alien pushing his way out of his gut.

OP, get that looked at by a doctor ASAP. Nobody here can diagnose you over the internet .... certainly not the idiots who populate this section.

keyboardworkout
07-11-2014, 10:04 AM
Dude, are you kiddin'? That looks pretty f'cked up to me. He looks like he has got an alien pushing his way out of his gut.

I think you are just seeing the rectus abs with a complete lack of development in the transverse and oblique.

Watch a skinny kid do a crunch and you will see the same thing.

Karl_Hungus
07-11-2014, 10:08 AM
I think you are just seeing the rectus abs with a complete lack of development in the transverse and oblique.

I have never seen anything like that (srs).

Old-Time-Lifter
07-11-2014, 10:15 AM
Folks do not come to bb.com asking for medical advice. That is what actual real life doctors are for.......... OP GO SEE A DOCTOR!! (and not online)

insanityranch
07-11-2014, 10:34 AM
I wasn't aware that hiatal hernia's were externally visible. Mine certainly isn't. Only way you can see it is with a scope down my esophagus.

I would look into Dr. Stuart McGill's stuff if you want to work your core and save your back.

Well that makes me feel better to think it is just lack of work ... I can fix that

insanityranch
07-11-2014, 10:36 AM

OP, get that looked at by a doctor ASAP. Nobody here can diagnose you over the internet .... certainly not the idiots who populate this section.

OK now that is the kind of Med Opinion I was looking for ( Dude, are you kiddin'? That looks pretty f'cked up to me. He looks like he has got an alien pushing his way out of his gut.)

LOL thanks

eomrat
07-11-2014, 10:40 AM
OK now that is the kind of Med Opinion I was looking for ( Dude, are you kiddin'? That looks pretty f'cked up to me. He looks like he has got an alien pushing his way out of his gut.)

LOL thanks

You came to a Bodybuilding forum looking for medical advice, so....................................

You are kind of a dumbass

insanityranch
07-11-2014, 10:42 AM
Folks do not come to bb.com asking for medical advice. That is what actual real life doctors are for.......... OP GO SEE A DOCTOR!! (and not online)
Dude Chill ... Not looking for serious Med advise.. went to the Dr. and she did not seem to think it was any big deal, but I will bring it back up in two weeks when im there again.
just thought that as everyone on this site is so in-tune with there bodies, that maybe there was someone else that had seen or had the same thing and could point me into a direction to go look as I was not going back to the dr. for a couple of week.

insanityranch
07-11-2014, 10:44 AM
You came to a Bodybuilding forum looking for medical advice, so.................................... kind of a dumbass
Ha thanks for calling me a name I guess you had nothing constructive to say ....Let me guess who you voted for in the last Pre. election!!!?

Old-Time-Lifter
07-11-2014, 10:45 AM
Dude Chill ... Not looking for serious Med advise.. went to the Dr. and she did not seem to think it was any big deal, but I will bring it back up in two weeks when im there again.
just thought that as everyone on this site is so in-tune with there bodies, that maybe there was someone else that had seen or had the same thing and could point me into a direction to go look as I was not going back to the dr. for a couple of week.

Gee 'Dude'.... you kind of forgot that part about already seeing a doctor didn't you?

Seriously, you came here seeing if any of these brainy folks here would tell you something different than your actual doctor?

Pity....

eomrat
07-11-2014, 10:46 AM
Let me guess who you voted for in the last Pre. election!!!?

Please do.

JWoodCF10
07-11-2014, 10:46 AM
Ok as a Dr. My answer.

If you are worried get someone who knows what they are doing in the real world to examine you.

If I were to say "your fine mate" based on that pic it would be a guess!!"

And worthless.

insanityranch
07-11-2014, 10:49 AM
Gee 'Dude'.... you kind of forgot that part about already seeing a doctor didn't you?

Seriously, you came here seeing if any of these brainy folks here would tell you something different than your actual doctor?

Pity....
Dude like I said the Dr. did not seem to think it was a big deal.... looks like a big deal to me
also as I said I will bring it back up again when I go back in a couple weeks.
and come onn there has to be a few brainy folks out there besides me and you! LOL

insanityranch
07-11-2014, 10:53 AM
Ok as a Dr. My answer.

If you are worried get someone who knows what they are doing in the real world to examine you.

If I were to say "your fine mate" based on that pic it would be a guess!!"

And worthless.
see I just told " OLD TIME LIFTER" that there were other brainy folks on this site and then you posted, Like I said before I showed it to my Dr and she did not seem to thing it was any big deal so I will bring it back up next time I am there and see again... I just want to see if anyone had, had something similar on this site as everyone seems to be so in-tune with there bodies here..
Thanks for the response

Karl_Hungus
07-11-2014, 10:55 AM

LOL thanks

Yeah bro, my professional medical diagnosis is that your sh!t is f'cked up!

qHDdqubE7zQ

eomrat
07-11-2014, 11:00 AM

qHDdqubE7zQ

Interesting diagnosis. I concur with Dr Hungus.

rRQijskAMp4

insanityranch
07-11-2014, 11:05 AM

qHDdqubE7zQ
I have always loved Warren...........Thanks for the ****!

Karl_Hungus
07-11-2014, 11:06 AM

I may not know a kidney from a coccyx, but my e-diagnoses are always right on.

I have always loved Warren...........Thanks for the ****!

I agree with you there, Warren was da man!

insanityranch
07-11-2014, 11:07 AM

rRQijskAMp4
some of you folks have way to much time on your hands so get you asses to the gym

beachguy498
07-11-2014, 11:16 AM
That is what's known as an epigastric hernia. I have one too, but is still very minor and not at all painful. My doctor said I can leave it as is for now unless it is popped out when I relax. Or it becomes painful.

I worked with a guy years ago, his looked like he was smuggling a football under his shirt. He had it fixed and they used mesh to hold him back together.

ChazWood
07-11-2014, 11:52 AM
Since you asked, my professional diagnosis is that you'll soon be giving birth to an alien so start thinking of names.

Liam is popular this year - assuming it's a "he".

Old-Time-Lifter
07-11-2014, 12:14 PM
My advice is learn how the word "their" is spelled.... hint it's not "there".

Again though... your Doctor is the one to listen to, if you're still worried do as you suggest and ask about it again.

insanityranch
07-11-2014, 02:17 PM
Since you asked, my professional diagnosis is that you'll soon be giving birth to an alien so start thinking of names.

Liam is popular this year - assuming it's a "he".
Chaz sounds good as long as it is Butt Ugly

insanityranch
07-11-2014, 02:18 PM
My advice is learn how the word "their" is spelled.... hint it's not "there".

Again though... your Doctor is the one to listen to, if you're still worried do as you suggest and ask about it again.I went to Pubic school

insanityranch
07-11-2014, 02:21 PM
That is what's known as an epigastric hernia. I have one too, but is still very minor and not at all painful. My doctor said I can leave it as is for now unless it is popped out when I relax. Or it becomes painful.

I worked with a guy years ago, his looked like he was smuggling a football under his shirt. He had it fixed and they used mesh to hold him back together.
Finally... Someone that is not a spelling teacher, or just plan smart ass.... thanks for the info I will research it before I go back to the Doc's

jthm
07-12-2014, 06:56 AM
Finally... Someone that is not a spelling teacher, or just plan smart ass.... thanks for the info I will research it before I go back to the Doc's

Look at this link http://www.hernia.org/types-of-hernia/umbilical-navel-hernias/

eomrat
07-12-2014, 09:56 AM
Insanity, did you get negged for this thread?

insanityranch
07-12-2014, 11:15 AM
just a little.... no big deal

insanityranch
07-12-2014, 11:18 AM
Oh Ya Just a little ... no big deal , but I did find out the prob! and how to fix it... and no it was not a space Baby ... to bad because that would make me famous and rich

eomrat
07-12-2014, 11:30 AM
Oh Ya Just a little ... no big deal , but I did find out the prob! and how to fix it... and no it was not a space Baby ... to bad because that would make me famous and rich

I made you green again. I am the new Kennedy!!!

paolo59
07-12-2014, 11:47 AM
I made you green again. I am the new Kennedy!!!

"I served with Jack Kennedy. I knew Jack Kennedy. Jack Kennedy was a friend of mine. Senator, you're no Jack Kennedy."

:)

Oh, sorry. Wrong Kennedy.

chodan9
07-12-2014, 06:49 PM
I had a hiatal hernia a few years back and it was not visible without the aid of an endoscope, about half my stomach was into my esophogus I was told.
I got surgery to repair it and have not had even a little gerd since then.

LMS62
07-12-2014, 09:11 PM
Ha thanks for calling me a name I guess you had nothing constructive to say ....Let me guess who you voted for in the last Pre. election!!!?
Because someone called you a name, you are able to determine who they voted for in the last election? That is freaking amazing!

eomrat
07-12-2014, 11:19 PM
Because someone called you a name, you are able to determine who they voted for in the last election? That is freaking amazing!

It really is amazing.

It would be way more amazing if he actually told us who I voted for.

GuyJin
07-13-2014, 12:03 AM
My medical opinion based on his Internet posts is that the OP is suffering from dumbasserytypophosis.

I don't know what that is outside of him asking for diagnoses from non-professionals and getting all huffy when they give him funny answers, but it sounds just right to me.

pvsampson
07-13-2014, 05:34 AM
Zahgopngtrozorgfxn.

Good name for an alien baby,IMHO.

insanityranch
07-13-2014, 08:10 AM
Im like Kriskin........LOL and I am amazing

insanityranch
07-13-2014, 08:13 AM
It really is amazing.

It would be way more amazing if he actually told us who I voted for.
I was going to go simple on the name like Rat or JimBob

latebloomingmom
07-13-2014, 08:15 AM
I know you were just looking for anyone else who might have had a similar condition
and I know being an adult you were still going to go in for a medical diagnosis
but ya see darling..instead of posting this in the reg over 35's ..ya posted it in the misc section
which left you wide open for people messing with ya :D

insanityranch
07-13-2014, 08:20 AM
My medical opinion based on his Internet posts is that the OP is suffering from dumbasserytypophosis.

I don't know what that is outside of him asking for diagnoses from non-professionals and getting all huffy when they give him funny answers, but it sounds just right to me.
GuyJin
No one got huffy it was all taken as a joke, only asked question here because if you did your research you would know that it is a fact that 50% of all Doctors, finished in the lower 1/2 of there class in med school, & at least one finished at the bottom of every class.... scary part is Monday morning there are folks that don't know this fact and have an appointment with him or her....

Oceanside
07-13-2014, 08:21 AM
there wasn't even anyone named Rat or JimBob on the ballot.

insanityranch
07-13-2014, 08:25 AM
I know you were just looking for anyone else who might have had a similar condition
and I know being an adult you were still going to go in for a medical diagnosis
but ya see darling..instead of posting this in the reg over 35's ..ya posted it in the misc section
which left you wide open for people messing with ya :D
Oh I know, no big deal, all taken in fun...wont be the first or last time I got Sh#@T from folks about something However if they all as pretty as you, It would be more fun.... Lol

insanityranch
07-13-2014, 08:32 AM
there wasn't even anyone named Rat or JimBob on the ballot.
This is what happens when you chime in, in the middle of a conversation.
But now that I think about it there were a Rat and a JimBob on the Ballot....LOL

GuyJin
07-13-2014, 09:42 PM
GuyJin
...if you did your research you would know that it is a fact that 50% of all Doctors, finished in the lower 1/2 of there class in med school, & at least one finished at the bottom of every class...
---

That may very well be true. But at the least, they'd have some medical training and knowledge, yet here you come to a site looking for armchair advice from people who in all likelihood have zero medical training. Even if someone here was a doctor, they would not offer advice as they could be sued up the yinyang. So what you're doing is, to me, quintessential dumbassery.

Good luck in raising the l'il alien. I'd call it Bert.
:D

cowboybiker
07-13-2014, 09:50 PM
http://t.qkme.me/366zqt.jpg