PDA

View Full Version : just when you thought you've seen it all at the gym

silverlightning
07-11-2014, 08:24 AM
as I was on the stair master I see this couple walking up and they have little dog in a cage and I was like, WTH. I'm there sweating my butt off and this couple are just joking and smoking treating their dog as if it's a little baby. i then see the lady holding the dog on her shoulder smiling again as they move towards the smith machine. they were there about 30 minutes. i assume they did some cardio and a few sets of bench press on the smith machine. 3rd times a charm as i see them walking towards their car as I'm driving away. don't bring your dog to the gym. the gym is not a dog kettle or a hotel for dog or grooming pet store.

cliffs: couple brings small dog in cage to gym.

heatwave13
07-11-2014, 08:32 AM
Ridiculous

silverlightning
07-11-2014, 08:43 AM
Ridiculous

I'm hoping it was a one time thing as i've never seen them at the gym before today. maybe they come in later though.

silverlightning
07-11-2014, 08:51 AM
What?

fixed

Fishman15
07-11-2014, 08:52 AM
as I was on the stair master I see this couple walking up and they have little dog in a cage and I was like, WTH. I'm there sweating my butt off and this couple are just joking and smoking treating their dog as if it's a little baby. i then see the lady holding the dog on her shoulder smiling again as they move towards the smith machine. they were there about 30 minutes. i assume they did some cardio and a few sets of bench press on the smith machine. 3rd times a charm as i see them walking towards their car as I'm driving away. don't bring your dog to the gym. the gym is a dog kettle or a hotel for dog or grooming pet store.

cliffs: couple brings small dog in cage to gym.

the gym is a "dog kettle"???

you mean the gym is NOT a dog kennel? I thought you were going to tell us how they let the dog on the treadmill. People seem to bring their dogs everywhere these days. Hard to walk into home depot where I live and not see a dog inside the store...

heatwave13
07-11-2014, 08:54 AM
That reminds me of a family I knew years back. They treated their little lap dog poodle like it was a real person. Once, when the couple went over to South Africa for a safari vacation, I volunteer to keep an eye on the house, feed that stupid little dog, and so on. One morning we went over and let it outside for a few minutes, and the dog ended up escaping out of their property and ran away and we (wife and I) found it dead beside a roadside a little ways down. As you can imagine, the family was devastated and I felt bad since it happened on my watch. Even so, I never understood the psychology of treating a dog with such reverence.

so-tex
07-11-2014, 08:59 AM
I sometimes bring a cage full of rattle snakes with me but only when the gym is crowded.

silverlightning
07-11-2014, 09:00 AM
the gym is a "dog kettle"???

you mean the gym is NOT a dog kennel? I thought you were going to tell us how they let the dog on the treadmill. People seem to bring their dogs everywhere these days. Hard to walk into home depot where I live and not see a dog inside the store...

correct. fixed. here in SoCal there is a restaurant called The Lazy Dog Cafe where you can bring your dog and sit outside the patio and eat/drink. I love dogs, but some places they should not go.

silverlightning
07-11-2014, 09:01 AM
I sometimes bring a cage full of rattle snakes with me but [b]only[b] when the gym is crowded.

well that's ok cuz you can use them to watch your spot as you go drink water.

so-tex
07-11-2014, 09:16 AM
well that's ok cuz you can use them to watch your spot as you go drink water.

The funny thing is the gym usually clears out soon after I enter. :)

frozensparky
07-11-2014, 09:21 AM
I see this couple walking up and they have little dog in a cage and I was like, WTH. I'm there sweating my butt off and this couple are just joking and smoking treating their dog as if it's a little baby.

Soooooooo te dogs in a cage and you think that's treating it like a baby? I don't want to be your kid!

keyboardworkout
07-11-2014, 09:25 AM
http://rookery.s3.amazonaws.com/1054000/1054043_e400_1024x2000.jpg

pastorgbc
07-11-2014, 09:34 AM
Never mind the dog. Did you say they were smoking in the gym?

Tmax55
07-11-2014, 09:47 AM
Yeah if someone was smoking in the gym I would impolitely tell them to put out the cigarette - and if they refused - I'd put it out for them in an agressive manner.

I get pissed off about the gym workers spraying the mirrors with windex while I'm in the gym if it is my leg day (I'm generally light headed on leg day but any inhalation of that crap combined with leg day gives me a raging headache).

Jimthegiant
07-11-2014, 09:51 AM
Planet fitness?

danap3681
07-11-2014, 10:01 AM
Never mind the dog. Did you say they were smoking in the gym?

My first thought was this!!!

ajdahlheimer
07-11-2014, 10:16 AM
My first thought was this!!!

Dana--you're always smoking in the gym.................smoking hot!

:D

silverlightning
07-11-2014, 10:28 AM
They Couple Were Treating The Dog Like A Baby While It Was In Their Arms. Smoking And Joking Is A Term Used By In The Marine Corps When You're Just Standing Around When You Should Be Doing Something Else. Sometimes You Are Smoking And Joking Though Literally.

pastorgbc
07-11-2014, 10:31 AM
They Couple Were Treating The Dog Like A Baby While It Was In Their Arms. Smoking And Joking Is A Term Used By In The Marine Corps When You're Just Standing Around When You Should Be Doing Something Else. Sometimes You Are Smoking And Joking Though Literally.

Thanks for clarifying. We used that phrase in Navy as well, but generally it involved people who were actually smoking.

Ray

GreenWave1
07-11-2014, 10:49 AM
That's wacked. But, for the record, I will never think I've seen it all in the gym. People are too random.

Fishman15
07-11-2014, 10:58 AM
http://rookery.s3.amazonaws.com/1054000/1054043_e400_1024x2000.jpg

lol

Tmax55
07-11-2014, 11:02 AM
The worst thing that I ever witnessed in a gym was two pre-teen boys get into a fight over a basketball and one of them literally ran into me trying to run away from the other one when I was squatting 4 plates (over open space no rack)...I was not amused. I got a warning for "foul language" from the gym manager.

Fishman15
07-11-2014, 11:05 AM
The worst thing that I ever witnessed in a gym was two pre-teen boys get into a fight over a basketball and one of them literally ran into me trying to run away from the other one when I was squatting 4 plates (over open space no rack)...I was not amused. I got a warning for "foul language" from the gym manager.

Yes, of course it was all your fault...:rolleyes:

beachguy498
07-11-2014, 11:23 AM
My SIL has a little rat-dog (named Poochie...) she taked everywhere she goes. But after it clawed up a door at my house, she was told to keep it home or I'd take it on a 1-way fishing trip. Can't beat live bait.

I did see a blind lady at the gym with a seeing eye dog. It used to sit on the floor and wait for her when she was on the treadmill.

GreenWave1
07-11-2014, 11:33 AM
can't beat live bait.

lol :D

silverlightning
07-11-2014, 11:43 AM
Planet fitness?

Come One Mate. I Squat A.D. Dead Lift. Plus I Didn't Mention Donuts And Pizza. :)

danap3681
07-11-2014, 11:53 AM
Dana--you're always smoking in the gym.................smoking hot!

LOL! ;) Yeah until I start making those ugly lifting faces. Guy asked me the other day why I looked so mean when I am working out and I told him it is hard to smile and be pretty when you are damn near killing yourself! :D

silverlightning
07-11-2014, 01:23 PM
LOL! ;) Yeah until I start making those ugly lifting faces. Guy asked me the other day why I looked so mean when I am working out and I told him it is hard to smile and be pretty when you are damn near killing yourself! :D

That's Exactly My Response To The Same Question :)

Old-Time-Lifter
07-11-2014, 02:29 PM
That's Exactly My Response To The Same Question :)

Good to know you're pretty some of the time....

silverlightning
07-11-2014, 03:46 PM
Good to know you're pretty some of the time....

You Can't Argue With Your Momma.

GuyJin
07-11-2014, 04:42 PM
Pshaw, I'll bet the dog doesn't even do deadlifts.

What a pussy.

silverlightning
07-11-2014, 10:13 PM
Pshaw, I'll bet the dog doesn't even do deadlifts.

What a pussy.

Lmao. He Was Sqautting On Dat Smith machine

Bando
07-12-2014, 08:09 PM
A little dog in a cage OP?

I've been in the gym when a guy came in that smelled so bad, it would take your breath away. Went to the gym to attempt a hard worked for PR and found a guy skipping rope on my favorite platform, then do another hour of bodyweight crossfit stuff. Been in there when the gym attendant was eating spicy Indian food that just turned my stomach while benching.

A little dog in a cage would not bother my lifting .0001%

sumolgi
07-13-2014, 09:41 AM
OP, not into the bagged rat dog thing but real dogs have some potential at the gym IMO. My golden retriever would be absolutely great at diverting children and hunting cardio bunnies ;)