PDA

View Full Version : Whats so great about Pat Riley?

tooalpha
07-10-2014, 09:52 PM
the only times he was successful was when he had all time greats on the HEAT

Shaq+Wade on berserk mode=championship. then shaq leaves and wade gets injured and they start sucking so riley leaves coaching. he then drafts an absolute bust in Beasley and does nothing else to make the team better. the big 3 was basically conjured up by DWade not riley. what the hell did he ever do to bring lebron to the heat. finally, the best riley could do is sign mcroberts and granger?? lmao

montecarlo
07-10-2014, 09:53 PM
nothing

MurkinSeason
07-10-2014, 09:54 PM
Whoever said Riley is great? Just some old phaggot with money to blow.

GetBig0rDieTryn
07-10-2014, 09:57 PM
his hair

ErickSRT4
07-10-2014, 10:11 PM
ITT the NBA didn't exist before the year 2000.

FlashWad3
07-10-2014, 10:14 PM
Same as anyone else, look at his achievements then do the math

Some sports miscers are just full retards

tooalpha
07-10-2014, 10:18 PM
ITT the NBA didn't exist before the year 2000.

i dont mean his role as a lakers coach. more of what he did with the heat

FlashWad3
07-10-2014, 10:19 PM
i dont mean his role as a lakers coach. more of what he did with the heat

He got Lebron to Miami by putting all his rings on the table. Can you remember what the Heat have done since then?

Future24
07-10-2014, 10:30 PM
He got Lebron to Miami by putting all his rings on the table. Can you remember what the Heat have done since then?He got him there? No wade, bosh, and lebron had already planned this a year before he left the Cavs..

khanvictt
07-10-2014, 10:32 PM
He got Lebron to Miami by putting all his rings on the table. Can you remember what the Heat have done since then?

riley didn't do sheit nikka. those 3 clowns were straight schemin during their time on the olympic teams

source: my left kidney

fsujoseph
07-10-2014, 10:35 PM
Brah has a point. Riley as a GM is unproven

TheM
07-10-2014, 10:44 PM
By this logic then Phil Jackson has done nothing and neither has Popovich, since winning doesn't count when there are great players on your team.

Godyssey
07-10-2014, 10:48 PM
Brah has a point. Riley as a GM is unproven

no..brah doesn't have a point

by this retarded logic Phil Jackson isn't chit

brb only time he won rings was when he had "all time greats"
shaq+kobe bezerk mode blah blah blah

Phil had top 10 greatest players of all time on all of his championship teams. but that's okay, right?

lmfao its time you losers stop watching sports...

arman24
07-10-2014, 10:53 PM

Phil had top 10 greatest players of all time on all of his championship teams. but that's okay, right?

???

Phil hasn't done chit as a GM either.

Godyssey
07-10-2014, 10:56 PM
???

Phil hasn't done chit as a GM either.

im done with the sports misc. holy chit

arman24
07-10-2014, 11:01 PM

im done with the sports misc. holy chit

I'm not talking about coaching I'm saying AS A GM. Of course he's arguably the GOAT coach but he just became a GM and the only thing he will have on his resume is trading Raymond Felton and possibly re-signing Melo.

TheM
07-10-2014, 11:04 PM
I'm not talking about coaching I'm saying AS A GM. Of course he's arguably the GOAT coach but he just became a GM and the only thing he will have on his resume is trading Raymond Felton and possibly re-signing Melo.

OP is asking what is so great about Riley. The answer is he is one of the greatest coaches the game has ever seen. Being a GM is not what made him great.

Godyssey
07-10-2014, 11:07 PM

if his "coaching" isn't what you guys were talking about why was shaq and wade brought up? who was [b]coaching/b] the heat during that time?

porcupinetree
07-10-2014, 11:09 PM
By this logic then Phil Jackson has done nothing and neither has Popovich, since winning doesn't count when there are great players on your team.

There's no way to quantify it.
But Jerry Sloan said it best: "If you want to win, you must have thoroughbreds. The Kentucky Derby is not won by a jackass"

I'd like to see Phil Jackson or Pat Riley take a coaching job with a team like Phoenix, or Bobcats, or some middle or even bad team and then see them do something.
For all of Jerry Sloan's great seasons, his best coaching job was when Stockton and Malone left, and the jazz were picked to be worst in the league and possibly even set a record for the worst team ever. Carlos Arroyo was the starting pg, and Kirilenko was their best player. Sloan took them to 42 wins.

I don't think Phil or Riley would even put themselves in such a situation.

arman24
07-10-2014, 11:12 PM
if his "coaching" isn't what you guys were talking about why was shaq and wade brought up? who was [b]coaching/b] the heat during that time?

I never mentioned Shaq, Wade, or coaching that's just OP. Everything I said had to do with being a general manager not a coach.

nvrstopworking
07-10-2014, 11:30 PM

If he finds a taker for Amare and/or Bargs he should win EOTY before the season even starts.

OhhPee
07-11-2014, 04:41 AM
If he finds a taker for Amare and/or Bargs he should win EOTY before the season even starts.

Dont think he's looking to move bargnani, his shooting will work in the triangle or thats the logic behind it. Plus he comes off the books next season?

fsujoseph
07-11-2014, 07:29 AM

We're talking about Riley as A GM. He hasn't done anything besides sign the big 3 which any team with cap space could do

Jedi34
07-11-2014, 09:16 AM
Fired Ron Jeremy for no reason and brought the title to Miami

yummy22
07-11-2014, 09:18 AM
Some old dude riding off his fame from young years. He hasn't really made good decisions the last decade. You can just point to his draft record.

Wade the real hero of miami carried the team to one title with one of the best playoff performances of all time and they got the big3 together for 4 straight finals apperances.

arman24
07-11-2014, 03:57 PM
LMAO GOAT GM just gave washed up 30 year old Bosh a 5 year max contract, probably going to give one to Wade too.