PDA

View Full Version : help with video quality

Geoff Richards
07-10-2014, 03:44 PM
I recently bought a camcorder for use around my garden (Sony Handycam HDR-CX190)
I am a complete novice with all things photography.

Anyway the video footage that I have shot so far seems ok until I move the video
camera around (panning) and then the footage gets kinda jumpy.

I didn't pay a lot of money for this camcorder so I realise I'm not going to be making HD
movies etc but would just like to know if the distortion I'm seeing is something I can adjust
etc or if it's the quality of the camcorder

In this video I'm showing my Habanero plant and as I move around you can see the distortion
on the outer edges of the leaves

TIA

edit: I just watched this from this post and also directly on the Youtube site and the problem
I was concerned with isn't as evident as it is when I watch the videos directly from my computer
makes me think it's just the camcorder quality

watch?v=Fgd4odoAoTE

SP1966
07-10-2014, 03:53 PM
It's possible that the higher quality video direct from your camera is over stressing your computers ability to display it yet the smaller compressed file you've uploaded to Youtube does not....

... or maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about. I'm leaning towards the latter.

Geoff Richards
07-10-2014, 04:05 PM
It's possible that the higher quality video direct from your camera is over stressing your computers ability to display it yet the smaller compressed file you've uploaded to Youtube does not....

... or maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about. I'm leaning towards the latter.

I was thinking along similar lines except maybe that my computer (late model iMac) displays
the video in better quality

I too have no clue

^^^ that rhymes :)

SP1966
07-10-2014, 05:59 PM
I was thinking along similar lines except maybe that my computer (late model iMac) displays
the video in better quality

I too have no clue

^^^ that rhymes :)

How old is the iMac, what CUP, and how much Ram does it have? The higher quality video takes more horsepower to run and more memory in which to do it. It's entirely possible we're both right, I know i've been right once or twice before!

Geoff Richards
07-11-2014, 05:28 AM
How old is the iMac, what CUP, and how much Ram does it have? The higher quality video takes more horsepower to run and more memory in which to do it. It's entirely possible we're both right, I know i've been right once or twice before!

CPU 2.7 Intel Core i5
RAM 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3