PDA

View Full Version : allot of peanuts before bed?

nowayn
07-10-2014, 02:26 PM
in a bit of a weird situation right now. Im 17 years old at about 78kg (172 pounds) and my parents hate bodybuilding so they wont let me eat at a calorie surplus (they even think protein powder is dangerous).
so i came up with the good idea of eating lots of peanuts to boost my calories. i eat one 250g bag of peanuts a day although i mostly get time to actually eat them right before i go to bed.
also does the protein in peanuts have any real value? ive heard that the protein is pretty useless but is it because its lack of amino acids or just hard for the body to use?

tl:dr good idea to eat 250g of peanuts right before bed and does the protein have any real value?

MiKroN
07-10-2014, 02:38 PM
Yeah you could also just buy a jar of Natural PB, since it's only ingredients are: peanuts. two tablespoons is a serving and its got a lot of cal and protein (yea the proteins good for you) also if you have ajob buy and eat as much food as you want imo

try to get clsoe to .8-1.5g of protein per pound every day. and .45g of fat per pound if possible.

But you gotta eat a caloric excess to gian weight nomatter what your parents say! maybe do it in "healthy" foods if they have a prob with it. But even still, technically "healthy" foods don't exist or mater as long as you get yourdaily macros in.

nowayn
07-10-2014, 03:00 PM
But you gotta eat a caloric excess to gian weight nomatter what your parents say! maybe do it in "healthy" foods if they have a prob with it. But even still, technically "healthy" foods don't exist or mater as long as you get yourdaily macros in.
its more about them thinking Im too big already. btw im 6 1" so not really

cls91
07-10-2014, 03:20 PM
The peanuts are fine. As long as you are consuming complete proteins in the rest of your diet (chicken, fish, steak, dairy, eggs, etc.) then you don't need to worry about the peanuts missing any specific amino acids.

There would only be two concerns with eating too many peanuts; one would be if it stops you from reach all your other goals (calories, macros, micros), and the other would be skewing your Omega-3/Omega-6 ratio. If the latter is of any concern to you, I would just make a bag of mixed nuts/seeds (peanuts, walnuts, macadamia, flaxseed, etc.) and snack on that. Otherwise, using peanuts to fill your remaining calories is fine.

magician27
07-10-2014, 05:11 PM
its more about them thinking Im too big already. btw im 6 1" so not really

171 lbs too big ? i dont think peanut protein is complete . have some meat , dairy and eggs too

gbullock32
07-10-2014, 06:38 PM
171 lbs too big ? i dont think peanut protein is complete . have some meat , dairy and eggs tooAssuming he had other sources earlier in the day than it's fine.

LactoseTolerant
07-06-2018, 08:14 PM
I build muscle INTERNALLY

I build mine with spare parts on jack stands in the garage.

Btw, that 17 year old OP is an adult now. Nice save.

Tommy W.
07-07-2018, 09:42 AM
Your parents are actually correct, they just don't realize it.

The "jocks" on this website are just misled, and they're in the main stream loop of eating for results. Everything u get from these garbage supplements is simply BLOAT. Their bodies are pure water bloat. Get rid of their precious supplements and within a few months, ya' know what is actually gained. The sad part is that their "gains" aren't nearly as much lean muscle as they could have gained had the gurus on sites like these been on a keogenic diet.

All they say are "calories and protein" to enhance their bodies. So ignorant! These guys have their milkshakes and creatines on their kichen counters like trophies on a mantle. Hey, I used to be one of those guys... Till Metabolic Syndrome and a dianosis from a "crap laden" diet had this 350 lb-bench-pressing body builder at the cardiologist!

I spent one year in a complete rehabilitation of everything I had learned for years, and came back with the body of a 25 year old... 8-9% body fat. No shakes, no supplements, lost 65 lbs... Now I look like I should be on a Calvin Klein underware commercial. My weight is going UP 4-5 LBS A MONTH, as my body fat is still plunging through the ocean floor! My waise size shot UP from 31" to about 35", all while my abdominals are "popping thru"...

On 1 meal a day, NO MILKSHAKES... I build muscle INTERNALLY through jacking my HGH and Testosterone levels. I dont rely on stuffing my face for water-bloated muscles, belly fat creeping over my short, and high blood pressure. I am CHEMICAL from my own body's hormonal changes through a sugar-free, intermittent fasting schedule... It takes about 6-8 months to "change the fuel source over from gas to diesel", but soooo worth it... I'm 45, I sprint instead of squatting 400 lbs, I do high reps of slow LOW weights, and build large lean muscle with effortless 30 min high intensity work outs!

I can tell you, that it doesnt matter what you do when you're "anabolic". Same idea, but better... Your HGH levels SHOOT THROUGH THE ROOF naturally to accompany the elevated testosterone levels.

I eat NO SUGAR (Sorry guys, insulin spikes before AND after a work out just shut down your fat-burning metabolism and shut down your HGH levels)

I eat from 5 PM to 7 PM every day. I train at around 2:00 PM. Training FASTED jacks your HGH and Test levels as much as 1500%! We're talking levels seen in 15 year olds going through puberty!

I eat natural green salads, and about 100 grams of protein from meat and nuts, eggs... Every day between 5 and 7!

There it is guys... The "Holy Grail" of information. Muscle gains, PEMANENT weight loss, makin' it look easy!!! No shakes, nothin' but HGH and a morning dose of caffeine!Is this a joke?

SuffolkPunch
07-07-2018, 10:12 AM
I smell troll