PDA

View Full Version : Lakers hemorrhaging?

ThatKindaGuy
07-10-2014, 11:39 AM
Done deals:
- Steve Bake signed with Portland
- Kaman signed with Portland
- Jordan Farmar signed with Clippers
- Jodie Meeks signed with Detroit

Potential guys leaving:
- Xavier Henry to Mavs?
- Jordan Hill to Boston?
- Ryan Kelly to Jazz?
- Nick Young to Hawks?

The big one:
- Pau Gasol to Thunder, Bulls or Spurs ... but Lakers still a strong option at least.

Players we got:
- Kobe
- Nash
- Sacre
- Kendall Marshall
- Julius Randle (Draft Rights)
- Jordan Clarkson (Draft Rights)

Other than the Heat, potentially the worst situation right now.

RyuKang
07-10-2014, 11:41 AM
Next season they can go for Rondo, Love.

BullBoy8
07-10-2014, 11:42 AM
Potential players to get still.

Isaiah
Bledsoe
Deng
Ariza
Young
Monroe
Ed Davis
Jordan Hill
Lance

But ya the Lakers might just have to tank another year and pray to be in the top 5 so they dont lose their pick to the suns.

BeastModeFTW
07-10-2014, 11:44 AM
all the players that left were scrubs. waste of cap space. Plenty of marquee players still available- Bledsoe, Stephenson, Monroe, Thomas. also lmao at ryan kelly. hope he leaves good riddance. Only players I'd hate to lose would be Hill and Bazemore.

ThatKindaGuy
07-10-2014, 11:48 AM
Potential players to get still.

Isaiah
Bledsoe
Deng
Ariza
Young
Monroe
Ed Davis
Jordan Hill
Lance

But ya the Lakers might just have to tank another year and pray to be in the top 5 so they dont lose their pick to the suns.

Lakers need a big man, and guys like Ed Davis, with a terrible season with the Grizzlies, just won't cut it. Jordan Hill can stay, but he shouldn't be the starting center on any NBA team. Plus, I'd rather give the Suns the 2015 pick after making it to the off-season than turn the 6+ pick into a 4+ in 2016. Tanking is too risky with the draft pick debt the Lakers got.

I could live with Monroe, but damn, he is slow as fuk. Another year of zero transition defense will make me bawl my eyes out.

jross2021
07-10-2014, 11:52 AM
probably preparing to tank and have cap space next year to sign a big name.

Next year:

Coach: Kobe
Westbrook
Kobe
Draft Pick
Randle
Sacre

ThatKindaGuy
07-10-2014, 11:57 AM
probably preparing to tank and have cap space next year to sign a big name.

Next year:

Coach: Kobe
Westbrook
Kobe
Draft Pick
Randle
Sacre

IF we lose Pau to the Bulls, it will be a Sign and Trade. And that opens up a few opportunities, even though I don't want to lose Pau. 1) We get Boozer, but Bulls pay most of his salary (no care really), 2) we package Nash into the deal, who is eligible for the trade bonus (15% on top of salary, to be paid by Lakers), so we get him off the books, 3) we get picks from the Bulls.

I don't want Boozer, but if it means we get rid of Nash and Pau is determined to leave ... fuk, what else to do with a shîtty situation? Tanking this year might result in giving the Suns a good 6-30 pick with our debt to them. That wouldn't help us much, we'd just be sitting out cap space hogs.