PDA

View Full Version : NBA Free Agency is a Joke

RamRod2334
07-10-2014, 07:42 AM
NBA free agency is a f'n joke...

These guys make this so much about the ego it's not even funny, what happened to being a leader?

Carmelo : Still hasn't decided (In reality waiting on LeBron)
Lebron: Still hasn't decided (In reality waiting on Bosh)
Bosh: Still hasn't decided (In reality waiting to see if LBJ stays)

DWade: Opts out of contract and loses 44 million guaranteed because he thinks he's still good. GL Getting another contract like that.

The rest of the NBA's crop of free agents: Can't get signed until other 3 egotistical morons decide.

The NBA needs to put a deadline on this circus, watch carmelo go back to NY and LBJ go back to Miami anyway. All of this for nothing.

And yet my Bulls will get snubbed again and outside of the money (obviously the most important aspect to players today) they are the premiere destination to anyone that wants to win a title next year.

At this point I'll openly admit I'm bitter with this whole process

L0lJ0ker3
07-10-2014, 07:50 AM
Breaking news: NBA free agents act like attention whores.

It is pretty annoying actually.

chlaxman
07-10-2014, 07:57 AM
The NBA needs to put a deadline on this?

**** they couldn't even sign until 12:01 this morning...brb you have 11 hours to sign your contract because we are too impatient!!!!!!!

srom12
07-10-2014, 07:59 AM
lebron is a smart guy (srs)

carmelo and bosh = next move

carmelo decides to stay or move to any team but heat = lebron to cavs
bosh signs with houston before melo decides = either melo & lebron to heat or lebron to cavs
bosh signs with heat again = lebron to cavs

bosh not gonna let lebron play him like that so carmelo gonna make the next move (IMO)

CAVS = LOCK for lebron

MontelWilliams
07-10-2014, 08:03 AM
The bulls have 0% chance of winning a championship. Derrick Rose petals will be trash.
Sorry.

RamRod2334
07-10-2014, 08:19 AM
The NBA needs to put a deadline on this?

**** they couldn't even sign until 12:01 this morning...brb you have 11 hours to sign your contract because we are too impatient!!!!!!!

So what you're going to let 2 attention whores hold the entire FA process hostage until they stop playing their games? Both players have admitted to being finished meeting with prospective teams...Neither have decided still. WTF is the hold up? Let's fuking go! Now LBJ is gonna go to Brazil for the Final and what? Hold us hostage until Monday absolute earliest? It's a joke bro.

Free Agency started 9 days ago. You don't have to sign a contract to verbally commit so the rest of the league can move forward.

AppleCat
07-10-2014, 08:20 AM
NBA free agency is a f'n joke...

my Bulls will get snubbed again

At this point I'll openly admit I'm bitter

Pared down your post, OP

L0lJ0ker3
07-10-2014, 08:21 AM
The bulls have 0% chance of winning a championship. Derrick Rose petals will be trash.
Sorry.

This is new and original. Where'd you come up with this?

RamRod2334
07-10-2014, 08:23 AM
Sorry.

If the bulls signed melo they'd have a serious shot. Chit even without melo if Rose stays healthy they are eastern conf final bound

BatmanBeGains
07-10-2014, 08:29 AM
I don't understand why Bosh hasn't already signed in Houston. He winds up looking like his own man by making the decision for himself, he also regains his status as a premier free agent coup and gets an upgraded role to what he played in Miami whilst also not going back to his Toronto days where he was given pressure and a role that he was overwhelmed by. Seriously, Bosh to Houston is the best move for him, it makes him look coveted by signing first. I don't understand why he wouldn't do it.

I don't see any scenario where James or Anthony sign in Miami. I don't see any scenario where they co-exist. The obvious moves are; Bosh-Houston, James-Cleveland and Anthony-Chicago.

sdballer5588
07-10-2014, 08:30 AM
Strong example of your own (and today's media and society) ADHD you clown.

This happens all the time. However you want instant gratification, you demand all free agents start and end their decision process in the opening week of free agency.

Mind blowing.

chlaxman
07-10-2014, 08:32 AM
So what you're going to let 2 attention whores hold the entire FA process hostage until they stop playing their games? Both players have admitted to being finished meeting with prospective teams...Neither have decided still. WTF is the hold up? Let's fuking go! Now LBJ is gonna go to Brazil for the Final and what? Hold us hostage until Monday absolute earliest? It's a joke bro.

Free Agency started 9 days ago. You don't have to sign a contract to verbally commit so the rest of the league can move forward.

They couldn't sign until 11 hours ago. God forbid you wait a day or two.

If you're seriously bitter about waiting for a couple NBA players to sign contracts so other players can sign contracts...well damn. You can wait a day or two. It's summer, go outside.

autrefois
07-10-2014, 08:49 AM

This happens all the time. However you want instant gratification, you demand all free agents start and end their decision process in the opening week of free agency.

Mind blowing.

this, strong phaggot LeBron/Melo haven't even said anything directly to the media how the fk are they attention whoring? There's 100s of million dollars and their career legacy on the line, but god forbid they take a week to make a decision

bpatel82
07-10-2014, 08:51 AM
This is new and original. Where'd you come up with this?

The way it stinks, he must pulled it out of his arse.

mols0n
07-10-2014, 08:51 AM
NBA free agency is srsly like watching basketball wives - just a drama fest. i just ignore the rumors until something substantial happens

Howiester
07-10-2014, 08:56 AM
Chicago hasn't been a "premiere destination" since the 90s

RAdaRuggedMan
07-10-2014, 08:59 AM
It's as if it would be better if LeBron was more open with what he wanted to do during free agency. He's been so quiet, what OP is really calling for is for him to go out to the public and make his decision KNOWN through the media.

sdballer5588
07-10-2014, 09:00 AM

Implying it was in the 90s?

Newsflash, LA and NY are destinations because they're the biggest markets in the US.

Every other "destination" is based solely on which stars already play there.

brb_ballin
07-10-2014, 09:02 AM
Hint: stop watching ESPN garbage

RamRod2334
07-10-2014, 09:21 AM
They couldn't sign until 11 hours ago. God forbid you wait a day or two.

If you're seriously bitter about waiting for a couple NBA players to sign contracts so other players can sign contracts...well damn. You can wait a day or two. It's summer, go outside.

Wrong you can verbally commit. Players do it all the fuking time. Kyrie Irving verbally committed 9 days ago. Granger 3 days ago same with josh mcroberts. Don't sit there and try to act like these guys have only had 11 hours to think about their decision you potato.

LBJ camp isn't even meeting with prospective teams anymore. His decision is likely made up. Unless there's behind the scenes scheming going on (I.E: 2010 decision) which goes back to my Leadership argument in the OP.

Carmelo's camp said we would have an answer on Monday. Then Wednesday. Now Thursday. Its obvious who he's waiting on...

I understand the need to carefully consider each option but your a fukin moron if you think that these guys don't already have their minds made up barring they can't join forces on the same team (strong legacy move)

Its funny when you guys use legal deadlines as excuses when theirs examples all over the sporting world proving otherwise

RamRod2334
07-10-2014, 09:23 AM

If your Carmelo Anthony and its really all about winning than the choice is clear between the Lakers or Bulls.

LebrondaJames
07-10-2014, 09:24 AM
nba is trash idk why you phaggots even keep talking about especially when more relevant things like the wc and nfl are here

fsujoseph
07-10-2014, 09:25 AM
You do realize that if the big 3 leave the Heat will pay Wade right? Do you honestly think he would opt out of that without a little wink from Riley? Use your head

Rebounds45
07-10-2014, 09:26 AM
nba is trash idk why you phaggots even keep talking about especially when more relevant things like the wc and nfl are here

LebrondaJames

RamRod2334
07-10-2014, 09:32 AM
You do realize that if the big 3 leave the Heat will pay Wade right? Do you honestly think he would opt out of that without a little wink from Riley? Use your head

You really think Riley is going to guarantee $44 million to d wade ? He could only manage 54 games last season. Next season will be even worse. He's done. He opted out of top tier dollars and will be lucky to resigned at a mid tier level.

If Riley resigns him at max contract it'll be one of the worst signings in recent history.

Same reason Amare isn't opting out. He knows he will never get a contract like that again. You don't opt out when your market value is significantly less than your current deal.

JorgeZimmermen
07-10-2014, 09:37 AM
Bulls being a premiere destination to win a title? lmao don't get me wrong, some of the best defense in the East but they just don't have the offensive caliber to make it past the second round I think.

RamRod2334
07-10-2014, 09:41 AM
Bulls being a premiere destination to win a title? lmao don't get me wrong, some of the best defense in the East but they just don't have the offensive caliber to make it past the second round I think.

That's what I'm saying, the team is one dominant offensive player away from being in contention. Carmelo (27 ppg) would give them that edge. That's why if it's really "not about the money" chicago is the destination.

chlaxman
07-10-2014, 09:43 AM
Wrong you can verbally commit. Players do it all the fuking time. Kyrie Irving verbally committed 9 days ago. Granger 3 days ago same with josh mcroberts. Don't sit there and try to act like these guys have only had 11 hours to think about their decision you potato.

LBJ camp isn't even meeting with prospective teams anymore. His decision is likely made up. Unless there's behind the scenes scheming going on (I.E: 2010 decision) which goes back to my Leadership argument in the OP.

Carmelo's camp said we would have an answer on Monday. Then Wednesday. Now Thursday. Its obvious who he's waiting on...

I understand the need to carefully consider each option but your a fukin moron if you think that these guys don't already have their minds made up barring they can't join forces on the same team (strong legacy move)

Its funny when you guys use legal deadlines as excuses when theirs examples all over the sporting world proving otherwise

Brah, we just don't care. Unlike you we don't spend our lives caring when James signs a contract or verbally agrees, or whatever. So he's taking his time to think about it and reach a decision he's comfortable with.

Now go order a liter of Cola and get a life.

RamRod2334
07-10-2014, 09:46 AM
Brah, we just don't care. Unlike you we don't spend our lives caring when James signs a contract or verbally agrees, or whatever. So he's taking his time to think about it and reach a decision he's comfortable with.

Now go order a liter of Cola and get a life.

Says the guy with 26,600 posts on an internet forum

fsujoseph
07-10-2014, 09:49 AM
You really think Riley is going to guarantee $44 million to d wade ? He could only manage 54 games last season. Next season will be even worse. He's done. He opted out of top tier dollars and will be lucky to resigned at a mid tier level.

If Riley resigns him at max contract it'll be one of the worst signings in recent history.

Same reason Amare isn't opting out. He knows he will never get a contract like that again. You don't opt out when your market value is significantly less than your current deal.

We will see

chlaxman
07-10-2014, 09:54 AM
Says the guy with 26,600 posts on an internet forum

Which works out to about 7 posts a day, mostly in football chat threads.

And you don't see me menstruating about free agency decisions.

BullBoy8
07-10-2014, 10:34 AM

Mind blowing.

this, strong phaggot LeBron/Melo haven't even said anything directly to the media how the fk are they attention whoring? There's 100s of million dollars and their career legacy on the line, but god forbid they take a week to make a decision

Ya because they havent thought about this for more than a week. Melo has been thinking about it for months. Lebron has had almost a month. I highly doubt it would take you guys weeks to decide on a job that offered 50k in city A that is nice to live in or go to the job that offered 80k that is also a nice city to live in.

Edit: It would honestly take me less than a couple hrs to decide at most. Same with these dumbass freshman that take weeks after the season to decide if they are staying or declaring for the draft. Id know for sure 1 day after my season ended what I wanted to do.