PDA

View Full Version : Picked up our new jeep today!!

frozensparky
07-09-2014, 08:18 PM
Put a deposit on it about 4 weeks ago while it was being built. Got here yesterday and I signed my papers last night and ang went signed and picked it up today at lunch. It's for her and she just loves it. I took it for a rip tonight and I really like it. Just need a 2 inch lift and some 31s to make it a little better.

http://i.imgur.com/Ou9JtHk.png

And since I don't want to start another new thread I also took Logan out for his first ride on the motorbike last weekend. Kid loved it. Kept yelling "more speed dad"

http://i.imgur.com/pF9DA2K.png

Big_Sky_Guy
07-09-2014, 08:28 PM
Excellent on both accounts

whatevergirl
07-09-2014, 08:32 PM
Never owned a Jeep, but they look fun. Congrats, and enjoy! :cool:

Fishman15
07-09-2014, 08:38 PM
noice!

SP1966
07-09-2014, 08:49 PM
A couple very 'Merican choices for a Canadian!!!

:)

StressMonkey
07-09-2014, 09:22 PM
Both look like fun.

Not sure about in the winter but fun right now. :D

frozensparky
07-09-2014, 09:48 PM
Both look like fun.

Not sure about in the winter but fun right now. :D

This is our first real good heat wave this summer. Low thirties so it came at the perfect time

I've heard the jeeps actually have some really good heaters in them plus it will be parked in the heated shop at night. I also have a company truck so more than likely ang will use my personal truck most of the winter, especially when the roads are bad because I keep studded tires on it for the winter.

oregonredneck
07-09-2014, 09:52 PM
Nice jeep congrats. For sure need a lift and tires for it and youre set. Enjoy

DatTrolololsong
07-09-2014, 09:54 PM
Put a deposit on it about 4 weeks ago while it was being built. Got here yesterday and I signed my papers last night and ang went signed and picked it up today at lunch. It's for her and she just loves it. I took it for a rip tonight and I really like it. Just need a 2 inch lift and some 31s to make it a little better.

http://i.imgur.com/Ou9JtHk.png

And since I don't want to start another new thread I also took Logan out for his first ride on the motorbike last weekend. Kid loved it. Kept yelling "more speed dad"

http://i.imgur.com/pF9DA2K.png

Yeah those wheels and tires def take away from its awesomeness

mcbourque
07-10-2014, 06:14 AM
Nice! My dad had a jeep when I grew up. Fun!

Brackneyc
07-10-2014, 06:55 AM
Never owned a Jeep, but they look fun. Congrats, and enjoy! :cool:

I have had them for years and years. Few vehicles can rival the fun factor of even a basic commute in a Jeep. I love my Vette, but nowhere near as fun as my Jeeps. Not even close.

I am negotiating to buy my neighbors Jeep atm.

Phattso
07-10-2014, 07:03 AM
Very nice.

SteveWright1
07-10-2014, 07:08 AM
nice lift Frozensparky

I could not pick up a Mini Cooper let alone of those really heavy jeeps

FlaviusStilicho
07-10-2014, 07:22 AM
Looking good man. Why did you go with the full doors + soft top?

frozensparky
07-10-2014, 08:48 AM
Looking good man. Why did you go with the full doors + soft top?

There were four being built and shipped to our dealer all had the same door and soft top. I will probably order a set of half doors for it. Wanted the soft top because of how quickly the weather can change out here, also from searching and asking jeep owners the hardtop is a 2 person job to take off. Ive already been searching and the half doors I can get for about $300. A lot more if I want the color matched ones but I'm thinking something basic like these

*****://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR2tvVO-Y7jypUPIEqkIEdsyAVsAV1L6ybM9MhXhwr24Cb8dQkV

ajdahlheimer
07-10-2014, 08:53 AM
Looks nice, FS. But I'm a little disappointed it isn't black........ :D

ChazWood
07-10-2014, 09:00 AM
Looks nice, FS. But I'm a little disappointed it isn't black........ :D
say'z the guy with the candy-red pickup truck.

Ignore this fool Sparky, blue looks good. :)

velvetmudhole
07-10-2014, 09:02 AM
Nice Jeep

Keep the young man safe

ajdahlheimer
07-10-2014, 09:13 AM
say'z the guy with the candy-red pickup truck.

Ignore this fool Sparky, blue looks good. :)

It's an inside joke, dong-huffer.

Plateauplower
07-10-2014, 09:23 AM
Nice, I miss my jeeps good call on the more mild lift that will sit nice with 2" and 31"tires. My last jeep I did 4" suspension and 33" tires and it was a bit much and as I mentioned previously requires some drive train mods (which kill the warrenty). Im sure you will all love it, they are a lot of fun, a little squirrely on icy roads with the short wheal-base but I had trouble finding hills my last one couldnt climb (like nearly flipping over backwords steep). Check around for a used hardtop, I had a hoist set up in my garage (jeep barely cleared the door) and it would lift off and hang in place I could back under it to put it back on. Making me want another one, but not very practical for me right now:(

My 4Runner gets around pretty well with a locker and mild tire upgrade but just not the same...

ChazWood
07-10-2014, 09:24 AM
It's an inside joke, dong-huffer.
http://i62.tinypic.com/2hgxvuc.jpg

whatevergirl
07-10-2014, 09:33 AM
I have had them for years and years. Few vehicles can rival the fun factor of even a basic commute in a Jeep. I love my Vette, but nowhere near as fun as my Jeeps. Not even close.

I am negotiating to buy my neighbors Jeep atm.

Your corvette is probably fun, just a different kind of fun than a Jeep. ;)
May the negotiations go well and you get that Jeep! :cool:

azeeb
07-10-2014, 10:00 AM
I just sold my 2008 a couple of months ago. I miss it, but I needed something a little more practical since I have 8 month old twins. I bought a crew cab sierra.

Definitely go bigger than 31" on the tires. You could fit 31" with no lift. 33's (285/70/R17) will fit with a 2" lift no problem. I had 315/75/R16 (35's) BFG all terrians on mine with a 2.5 inch lift.