PDA

View Full Version : I would totally do this!

kimm4
07-09-2014, 12:23 PM
Sorry if repost as I haven't been around much.

For all you waterslide lovers...would you go on this?!

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/travel/its-insane-worlds-tallest-water-slide-ready-open-n151881

Wayne Evans
07-09-2014, 12:48 PM
Yep...I saw that too.

It looks pretty exhilarating and the slide appeared somewhat encapsulated so there's only one way to go....DOWN.
I'd consider it but may have to have a shot of tequila to prime the self for the adrenal rush.

Let us know what it was like. :)

Carry on....

Phattso
07-09-2014, 12:58 PM
Sorry if repost as I haven't been around much.

For all you waterslide lovers...would you go on this?!

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/travel/its-insane-worlds-tallest-water-slide-ready-open-n151881

Very cool.

whatevergirl
07-09-2014, 12:59 PM
Yep...I saw that too.

It looks pretty exhilarating and the slide appeared somewhat encapsulated so there's only one way to go....DOWN.
I'd consider it but may have to have a shot of tequila to prime the self for the adrenal rush.

Let us know what it was like. :)

Carry on....

Yes, agree on the tequila! haha :D

That looks incredible!! Imagine designing that, wow.

dazlittle
07-09-2014, 01:10 PM
Absolutely looks like and awesome rush

Cass40
07-09-2014, 01:18 PM
I wanna do that!

Too bad it's so far away.

Phattso
07-09-2014, 01:20 PM
I wanna do that!

You can still play on your slip 'n slide and wear your goggles and snorkle - in the front yard :p

Cass40
07-09-2014, 01:25 PM
You can still play on your slip 'n slide and wear your goggles and snorkle - in the front yard :p

Lol the neighbors already think I'm crazy.

I think I'll use the backyard for that. :)

meltedbarrel
07-09-2014, 01:57 PM
l would have more of a problem climbing the stair than actually going down the slide. Would do it without question though.

Karl_Hungus
07-09-2014, 02:06 PM
I WILL be doing this. That slide is only about 25-30 minutes from where I live. In fact, I drove right by it last weekend.

kimm4
07-09-2014, 02:34 PM
I wanna do that!

Same here, I wish I lived closer.

I WILL be doing this. That slide is only about 25-30 minutes from where I live. In fact, I drove right by it last weekend.

Nice, so jealous! You'll have to report back (If you live through it LOL...) with full details. Climbing all those fuggin stairs better be worth it! :D

theKurp
07-09-2014, 02:53 PM
Would not. Don't need water impregnating my brain via my nose at a rate of 60 mph.

Old-Time-Lifter
07-09-2014, 03:10 PM
Would not. Don't need water impregnating my brain via my nose at a rate of 60 mph.

Why? What else you got taking up space in there?

;) :p

theKurp
07-09-2014, 03:50 PM
Why? What else you got taking up space in there?

;) :p

Wish I had a comeback. But I got nuthin...

Old-Time-Lifter
07-09-2014, 03:51 PM
Wish I had a comeback. But I got nuthin...

LOL, see a bit of brackish water won't hurt. ;) :D

Tanerian
07-09-2014, 05:59 PM
Absolutely looks like a lot of fun.

I'd actually have an easier time getting on that than the slides you go down solo with no float. The fact that there is a cover over the slide the whole time makes it feel a lot safer. The ones you slide down solo it just feels like you could fly out or off the side of them lol.

The one here in Orlando at Wet 'n Wild called Bomb Bay is pretty scary. You are in this little closed rocket ship thing just standing there, and then the bottom opens up and you fall out into the slide.

StressMonkey
07-09-2014, 08:33 PM
I knew this was going to be about that slide!

no no HELL no.

i saw a story the other day that showed how the rafts (with sandbags) would fly off the track in their early testing. Of course I can't find it now. I guess that's what the overhead nets are for.

Karl_Hungus
07-09-2014, 09:22 PM
Nice, so jealous! You'll have to report back (If you live through it LOL...) with full details. Climbing all those fuggin stairs better be worth it! :D

Will do ....and, lol, was thinking the same thing about the stairs. I was looking at the thing just driving by it, and it looks like one helluva climb.

no no HELL no.

i saw a story the other day that showed how the rafts (with sandbags) would fly off the track in their early testing. Of course I can't find it now. I guess that's what the overhead nets are for.

See? Its got nets bro ..... no sweat.

JediRN
07-09-2014, 10:00 PM

I'm close too... but too cheap to actually pay for it.

no no HELL no.

They solved the problem by no longer allowing sand bags to ride, so it's safe now.

tobymax123
07-10-2014, 06:31 AM

Me too. I live about 20 minutes away, in north OP. I will do it as long as I don't have to wait in line for over an hour. Right now they only have three rafts, and said they can send down 100 riders per hour, about 1000 per day. They plan to add more rafts.

The original plan was 4 riders per raft, but they had to redesign the rafts for 3 riders, apparently as part of the safety redesign. After that first test run where the raft when flying off the second hill, they completely tore down the second hill, redesigned it and rebuilt it with a lower slope.

beachguy498
07-10-2014, 07:56 AM
Good, you sit in a raft, otherwise its enema city at the end of the ride, srsly almost happened to me at a water park one time. Heck, its not my pool...

GreenWave1
07-10-2014, 08:53 AM
I'd do it. Looks epic.

DocHoss
07-10-2014, 09:24 AM
I'd do it! Depending on cost and wait time.

Karl_Hungus
07-10-2014, 09:52 AM
Me too. I live about 20 minutes away, in north OP.

Cool -- That is actually where I live too.

Right now they only have three rafts, and said they can send down 100 riders per hour, about 1000 per day. They plan to add more rafts.

Yeah, that was my concern as well. I might wait a few weeks before doing it -- I imagine it is going to be super crowded for the first couple of weeks.