PDA

View Full Version : Patriots secondary > Seattle's secondary this season? The pros think so

MurkinSeason
07-09-2014, 11:51 AM
http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=11190704&src=desktop&rand=ref~%7B%22ref%22%3A%22https%3A%2F%2Fwww.googl e.com%2F%22%7D

What do you think brahs.. who will end the season with the better secondary?

Thee3ternal
07-09-2014, 11:52 AM
Pass rush plays a big part.

rocketfish
07-09-2014, 11:52 AM
well you have spygate vs adderall

which do you think helps more?

Future24
07-09-2014, 12:09 PM
well you have spygate vs adderall

which do you think helps more?Considering every team steals signals I would say adderall

outfoxxed
07-09-2014, 12:12 PM
the secondary is more than just cornerbacks

aksnowbrder
07-09-2014, 12:15 PM
Money can't buy team chemistry

JmanTheJuiceman
07-09-2014, 12:27 PM
I love when people post links to ESPN insider articles.

GrecoRoman
07-09-2014, 12:32 PM
The article stretches a lot, I read it a few days ago. As a Pats fan I can say that I certainly think this debate isn't as one sided as some of the Hawks homers who are still high off their SB think it will be.

I think Earl Thomas benifits a lot more from what he's had at corner back than what McCourty has had over the past 3 years and even with that in mind, McCourty was only a slight step below Earl (idc that PFF graded McCourty at #1, Earl was almost never a step late last year). CB, I give NE a slight edge because I think BB will use Revis in a more effective manor than Seattles very simple cover 3 scheme. People forget that BB was the best defensive mind in football at one point (when he had the talent to match). Browner won't be asked to do anything he isn't adept at with a guy like Dennard as an option who is about even with Byron Maxwell. Logan Ryan and Kyle Arrington>Jeremy Lane and Simon. Cam Chancellor is essentially a "big nickel", he offers a different skill set than Duron Harmon.

The other big part of this equation is how fast and instinctive Seattles linebacking corps is. KJ, Malcolm Smith and Bobby Wagner all have a great understanding of Zone concepts and know how to play in space. NE last year was dealing with Donta Hightower and Brandon Spikes (2 guys who struggled with the aforementioned). With Spikes gone and James Anderson in along with Mayo being bake and Jamie Collins stepping up big time in year 2, that gap will be closed as well. What NE doesn't have that Seattle does is one of the deepest rotations at Pass Rush in the NFL. BB can't drop 7 and rush 4 as effectively as Seattle can but even that will improve with the additions of Dominque Easley and Will Smith. Jones and Ninkovich will be much more well rested deeper in games and into the season than last year.

All in all, I think defensively New England will be competing for a top 3 spot along with Seattle, San Francisco, Arizona and Carolina and Cincinnati.

reverse79
07-09-2014, 12:34 PM
Seattle has better starters....Pats have better depth in the secondary

its practically a wash....if Sherman or Thomas go down - goodnight secondary

RCATES
07-09-2014, 12:35 PM
Sherman>Revis , Maxwell> Browner. There is a reason Browner didn't get resigned with the Hawks. Browner will be 30 at the start of the season and has been on a steady decline the past few years. He is a repeat phuck up as well. One more substance abuse violation he will be banned for a year. Once Hawks saw what they had in Maxwell the Browner era was over in Seattle. Maxwell will be a top 5 corner in the NFL in the next few years you can bank on that. He just started coming into his own late last year. Look what he did in the SB. Now with that out of the way you add in arguably 2 of the top 5 safeties in the Game in Thomas and Bam Bam. Hawks secondary is heads and shoulders above the rest of the league. Potato article is Potato.

dirtdickens
07-09-2014, 12:41 PM
LOL, people pay money for ESPN insider.

WRXbrah
07-09-2014, 12:49 PM
The pros also thought Denver would win the Superbowl... let's wait and see what happens OP.

rnod
07-09-2014, 12:49 PM
Saints Secondary > Seattle Secondary (srs)

YWOC
07-09-2014, 12:54 PM
Lol @ the fact OP was probably dumb enough to buy ESPN Insider.

iamgenus
07-09-2014, 12:58 PM
Seattle by a good margin.

Thomas and Chancellor IMO has more to do with them being so good than Sherman and the corners.

reverse79
07-09-2014, 01:00 PM
Saints Secondary > Seattle Secondary (srs)

they have been getting slept on for sure. they should have just hired Bailey as a coordinator rather than a player

ShweezyBTFO
07-09-2014, 01:00 PM
Sherman>Revis , Maxwell> Browner. There is a reason Browner didn't get resigned with the Hawks. Browner will be 30 at the start of the season and has been on a steady decline the past few years. He is a repeat phuck up as well. One more substance abuse violation he will be banned for a year. Once Hawks saw what they had in Maxwell the Browner era was over in Seattle. Maxwell will be a top 5 corner in the NFL in the next few years you can bank on that. He just started coming into his own late last year. Look what he did in the SB. Now with that out of the way you add in arguably 2 of the top 5 safeties in the Game in Thomas and Bam Bam. Hawks secondary is heads and shoulders above the rest of the league. Potato article is Potato.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140117152232/whatever-you-want/images/e/e7/Taylor-swift-laughing-gif-taylor-swift-30258989-500-245.gif

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/originals/85/30/5e/85305efdd72a102c6f368bc0627b695c.jpg

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2183253/sillynbaplayers.gif

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/128044/laugh-o.gif

Twerk4it
07-09-2014, 01:30 PM
http://ionetheurbandaily.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/dr-dre-face-gif.gif?w=500&h=277

/thread

Chung, Browner, Revis and whoever else worth mentioning are past their prime, on the decline and are getting old. This year is the best shot they have of having any success and if they don't have it together good night sweet prince.

McCourty is young and one of the best safeties in the league, Browner/Maxwell/Thurmond were all interchangeable albeit Browner was on a decline, and Revis > Sherman

the only thing Patriots really lack that put them below Seahawks imo is a SS like Chancellor, I'm not even sure who Patriots starting SS will be

MurkinSeason
07-09-2014, 01:35 PM

Just because it's at the bottom of the page means I prolly bought it? I have the free Espn app for my phone phaggot god you guys are retarded

iamgenus
07-09-2014, 02:06 PM
http://ionetheurbandaily.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/dr-dre-face-gif.gif?w=500&h=277

/thread

Chung, Browner, Revis and whoever else worth mentioning are past their prime, on the decline and are getting old. This year is the best shot they have of having any success and if they don't have it together good night sweet prince.

Why are you even mentioning Chung? If you're going to comment at least check into what you're talking about.

Chung is way down the depth chart and was picked up on the cheap in FA and may not even make the opening day roster.

GrecoRoman
07-09-2014, 02:36 PM
McCourty is young and one of the best safeties in the league, Browner/Maxwell/Thurmond were all interchangeable albeit Browner was on a decline, and Revis > Sherman

the only thing Patriots really lack that put them below Seahawks imo is a SS like Chancellor, I'm not even sure who Patriots starting SS will be
The idea of a real SS in the patriots defense is outdated, left safety and right safety are more appropriate. The role chancellor plays is pretty much a hybrid of what Jamie Collins and duron Harmon will play. That's why it's hard to say that chancellor>the patriots SS. Chancellor is much better in the box than Harmon is but he's not as good playing over the top. Essentially diffrent positions.

Why are you even mentioning Chung? If you're going to comment at least check into what you're talking about.

Chung is way down the depth chart and was picked up on the cheap in FA and may not even make the opening day roster.

This, lol at naming a fringe special teamed among the pats starters. Credibility=0

idz21
07-09-2014, 02:50 PM
Revis graded out as the #1 CB in the NFL in 2013 (PFF), coming off an ACL tear. And yet, there are people acting like he fell off the face of the earth... Even worse, he's in NE with Belichick, who has a clear history of making good CB's, great. What's he going to do with an already great DB? Revis in NE is scary... *Dolphins fan*

Sherman is a great CB. No doubt. He's right up there with the best. But he's not better than Revis. As far as best secondary, Seattle's has the best safety tandem in the league (the real heart of LOB). W/Sherman, they probably have the best secondary in the NFL.

Don't sleep on Arizona either. A strong trio of DB's w/Patterson, Cromartie, and Mathieu. They added a workout warrior in Deone Bucannon, who's measurables are off the charts. Finished #1 in every combine category for safeties. If he's coached up right, he's going to be dangerous in the near future. At worst, he's a big hitter roaming around in the box.

ShweezyBTFO
07-09-2014, 02:56 PM
Revis graded out as the #1 CB in the NFL in 2013 (PFF), coming off an ACL tear. And yet, there are people acting like he fell off the face of the earth... Even worse, he's in NE with Belichick, who has a clear history of making good CB's, great. What's he going to do with an already great DB? Revis in NE is scary... *Dolphins fan*

Sherman is a great CB. No doubt. He's right up there with the best. But he's not better than Revis. As far as best secondary, Seattle's has the best safety tandem in the league (the real heart of LOB). W/Sherman, they probably have the best secondary in the NFL.

Don't sleep on Arizona either. A strong trio of DB's w/Patterson, Cromartie, and Mathieu. They added a workout warrior in Deone Bucannon, who's measurables are off the charts. Finished #1 in every combine category for safeties. If he's coached up right, he's going to be dangerous in the near future. At worst, he's a big hitter roaming around in the box.

spoiler alert: Arizona > Seattle.

bigcc
07-09-2014, 03:59 PM
Qb's vs. Seahawks last year (reg season+ playoffs): 352/640 3487 yards (5.44 ypa) 19 td's, 32 ints, 48 sacks 59.7 qb rating 107 passes defended
I won't include the Pats playoff games, so the hawks allowed this in 3 MORE games against Brees/Kaep/Peyton

QB's vs. Pats last year- 336/589 3824 yards (7.0 ypa) 25 td's 17 ints, 48 sacks (b-b-but hawks pass rush was the reason!) 81.0 qb rating 74 passes defended

QB's played by Pats include Cam, Brees, Peyton, Ryan, Dalton

Seahawks includes
Peyton
Cam
BreesX2
Luck
Ryan

So you still had McCourty/Talib (better than Browner imo), but added Revis/Browner and think your secondary is BETTER?

Nobody in here can even fukking name their no-name SS compared to a 2X pro bowler all pro in Kam

Dream on

bigcc
07-09-2014, 04:02 PM
[QUOTE=idz21;1266889731]Revis graded out as the #1 CB in the NFL in 2013 (PFF)/QUOTE]

Sherman#6, Revis #18
*****://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/05/16/the-pff-101-top-to-bottom/

Typo maybe?

GrecoRoman
07-09-2014, 04:05 PM
Qb's vs. Seahawks last year (reg season+ playoffs): 352/640 3487 yards (5.44 ypa) 19 td's, 32 ints, 48 sacks 59.7 qb rating 107 passes defended
I won't include the Pats playoff games, so the hawks allowed this in 3 MORE games against Brees/Kaep/Peyton

QB's vs. Pats last year- 336/589 3824 yards (7.0 ypa) 25 td's 17 ints, 48 sacks (b-b-but hawks pass rush was the reason!) 81.0 qb rating 74 passes defended

QB's played by Pats include Cam, Brees, Peyton, Ryan, Dalton

Seahawks includes
Peyton
Cam
BreesX2
Luck
Ryan

So you still had McCourty/Talib (better than Browner imo), but added Revis/Browner and think your secondary is BETTER?

Nobody in here can even fukking name their no-name SS compared to a 2X pro bowler all pro in Kam

Dream on

I'm going to ignore all the other mistakes you made and ask you if you honestly believe the pats secondary got worse? ***** u can't be srs

[QUOTE=idz21;1266889731]Revis graded out as the #1 CB in the NFL in 2013 (PFF)/QUOTE]

Sherman#6, Revis #18

Typo maybe?

An now he confuses a top 100 for player grading lmfaooo.

bigcc
07-09-2014, 04:17 PM
I'm going to ignore all the other mistakes you made and ask you if you honestly believe the pats secondary got worse? ***** u can't be srs

I thought it was obvious I meant better than the seahawks seeing as thats what the threads about.

iamgenus
07-09-2014, 04:18 PM
Do they have a better SS? Holy chit I swear you losers nitpick everything to get a reaction or argument out of it. Get out of the house once in awhile.

People saying Pats have depth yet you can't even name their starting 4 and bash LoB for having no one else. Glad to see you idiots are still around and waste each others lives on this forum. I'm out before I end up being one of you losers.

A few things

1. Wasn't starting an argument....there's no argument that you had no idea what you were commenting on regarding the pats side of the ball so no need to cry about it.

If you wanna come in here with a /thread and then laugh at someone else trying to make their case it's helpful when you either provide counter arguments or at least try to hide you don't know players like Devin McCourty who while no Earl Thomas is a very good young safety.

2. Stop acting like everyone is out to get you. If you looked just a few posts above yours you'd see I said Seattle has the better secondary and it's not even close.

3. Lol

scotyg
07-09-2014, 04:29 PM
seattles secondary is younger and has an all-pro strong safety. Seattle also has a better pass rush which is one of the biggest factors in how good your secondary looks

NE will be good but not as good.Collins will be fun to watch though

Squid4Lyfe
07-09-2014, 05:26 PM
Pretty crazy how underrated Kam's coverage skills are, especially after his performance in the super bowl.

Twerk4it
07-09-2014, 06:37 PM
The idea of a real SS in the patriots defense is outdated, left safety and right safety are more appropriate. The role chancellor plays is pretty much a hybrid of what Jamie Collins and duron Harmon will play. That's why it's hard to say that chancellor>the patriots SS. Chancellor is much better in the box than Harmon is but he's not as good playing over the top. Essentially diffrent positions.

This, lol at naming a fringe special teamed among the pats starters. Credibility=0
I'm not saying Patriots need a Kam Chancellor to be good, I'm just saying I think he puts Seahawks over the top when comparing the two secondaries

like Revis > Sherman

Thomas > McCourty

Maxwell = Browner pretty much

but Kam > Harmon or whoever Pats second safety is gonna be

Krunk Fu
07-09-2014, 06:50 PM

I got it for some $3/year magazine subscription deal from slickdeals.net. Anyone who gets a magazine gets insider. $3/2 JBC's from Wendy's

impactplayer616
07-09-2014, 06:51 PM
Pats fan checking in, I'll gladly take the #2 secondary.

ToolTime2120
07-09-2014, 07:40 PM
Anyone else got a weird feeling they're gonna have a "super bowl hangover, come out sloppy" opener and get torn up by Aaron Rodgers???

GrecoRoman
07-09-2014, 07:54 PM
I'm not saying Patriots need a Kam Chancellor to be good, I'm just saying I think he puts Seahawks over the top when comparing the two secondaries

like Revis > Sherman

Thomas > McCourty

Maxwell = Browner pretty much

but Kam > Harmon or whoever Pats second safety is gonna be

I agree, Im just saying I've seen what Revis can do for a secondary and defense and I wouldn't be surprised if this Patriots defense which has more talent in the front 7 and secondary than the Jets did in 2011 along with BB pulling the strings is tops in the NFL. Seattle's secondary may be more talented because of a player like Kam putting them over the top but in reality nobody should judge a secondary on 4 players anymore the nickel is just as important as the other 4 and I'd give the edge to the Patriots there. Seattle had a whole hell of a lot of luck on the injury front defensively. The Patriots lost damn near every important player outside of McCourty and Jones for some period of time and 2 all pro's for most of the year.

Anyone else got a weird feeling they're gonna have a "super bowl hangover, come out sloppy" opener and get torn up by Aaron Rodgers???

I don't think they'll come out sloppy per se but I do think game film catches up to everybody. Seattle runs a very simple scheme and offensive coordinators will have had an entire offseason picking it apart. I think more teams are going to test Seattle over the top next year. Not every offensive line will give them the time to do it though. I also feel as if San Francisco and Arizona will be just a little bit hungrier after watching Seattle win it all.

wickedman
07-09-2014, 08:04 PM
Going to be mad disappointed if you think a backfield that has never stepped on the field together is going to be the #1 secondary over the course of the season.

HankScorp1o
07-09-2014, 08:08 PM
Pats fan checking in, I'll gladly take the #2 secondary.This. Holy fukking Christ, I've been so sick of our potato defense the past few years. What makes it even worse is Belichick Tha Gawd used to be known as a defensive genius but everything's been offense, offense, offense for years now, and we've had nothing but scrubs and 3rd-stringers on D.

Looking forward to seeing what Revis/Browner can do.

HumptyBrah
07-09-2014, 08:10 PM
God dammit OP, do you even know what you've done? You've now pitted two of the most obnoxious, prideful NFL fan bases on the misc against one another.

HoustonMiscer
07-09-2014, 08:17 PM
A good primary beats a great secondary srs.

MurkinSeason
07-09-2014, 08:23 PM
God dammit OP, do you even know what you've done? You've now pitted two of the most obnoxious, prideful NFL fan bases on the misc against one another.

http://tokenlefty.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/mike-trout2.gif

idz21
07-09-2014, 08:28 PM

Sherman#6, Revis #18

Typo maybe?

Revis was graded as the #1 CB by PFF.

www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/03/13/revis-island-is-back/
Scroll to the bottom. Revis graded out #1 amongst CB.

For whatever reason, PFF created a top 100 list that isn't based grades. Which is dumb for a site built on metrics, but whatever... For example, Richard Sherman's +12.4 overall grade is less than Evan Mathis's +46.7 grade. Yet Sherman is ranked 6th and Mathis is ranked 7th. I can't speak on the list, I don't know much about it.

bigcc
07-09-2014, 09:03 PM
I don't think they'll come out sloppy per se but I do think game film catches up to everybody. Seattle runs a very simple scheme and offensive coordinators will have had an entire offseason picking it apart. I think more teams are going to test Seattle over the top next year. Not every offensive line will give them the time to do it though. I also feel as if San Francisco and Arizona will be just a little bit hungrier after watching Seattle win it all.

The seahawks played 1 full game with percy harvin, Paul Richardson is the first real deep threat they've had, and christine michael might see carries.

Yep I imagine no changes were made to the playbook.

GinoFelino
07-09-2014, 09:14 PM
The seahawks played 1 full game with percy harvin, Paul Richardson is the first real deep threat they've had, and christine michael might see carries.

But that's offense

GrecoRoman
07-09-2014, 09:15 PM

As a Seahawks fan you should know that their simplicity was part of what made them so dominant. Sure teams add new looks in the offseason but don't act like they're going to overhaul what made them so successful. 3 teams had 10+ wins in that division last year, Superbowl hangovers are real. I don't think Seattle will turn to dog**** like the Ravens but don't act like its a stretch to say that another team can't win the division and that wildcards aren't a fallback plan in the NFC.

sdballer5588
07-09-2014, 09:20 PM
This is unbearable, do the Pats now have to deal with Seahawk fans because our secondary is relevant again?

Fuk that. Reading this thread is retarded. It's pretty close but the obvious edge in pass rushing (ENORMOUS edge here to the Seahawks btw) and simple cohesiveness (we haven't even SEEN NE play yet ffs) goes to Seattle so this is hardly threadworthy.

Strong random retard mentioning Chung. Holy fk rofl. Psure he's a 9ers fan genus. Get that dude in line.

Lb54TG
07-09-2014, 09:28 PM
Pats have no pass rush. and havent in a while. the only one last year making moves was ninkovich.. chandler jones did not stand out.

last year Our offense couldnt keep up with Denver's offense, and our defense did not help.

hopefully with an upgraded defense, brady can make some moves.

Mr.PissShivers
07-09-2014, 09:34 PM
The Patriots better than the Seahawks........?

1zNdw4DaUM8&feature=kp

GrecoRoman
07-09-2014, 09:40 PM
Pats have no pass rush. and havent in a while. the only one last year making moves was ninkovich.. chandler jones did not stand out.

last year Our offense couldnt keep up with Denver's offense, and our defense did not help.

hopefully with an upgraded defense, brady can make some moves.

Seattle's Pass Rush>>NE's but that isn't because Chandler Jones "didn't stand out" (wot m8?), its because both of our edge rushers were required to play an absurd amount of snaps because we had no depth on the defensive line at all. You know its bad when they had to call old ass Andre Carter out of retirement for a little help. They also had no sort of consistent interior push with Vellano and Chris Jones playing for the IR'd Wilfork and Tommy Kelly. Seattle had a group of guys who didn't play more than 60% of snaps getting after the QB. They didn't die as the season went on. The additions of Easley and Will Smith along with Kelly and Wilfork coming back will improve the pass rush beyond how good it was at the beginning of the season. Throw in Hightower and Jamie Collins blitzing and you have the pass rush that your heart desires.

sdballer5588
07-09-2014, 09:41 PM
Seattle's Pass Rush>>NE's but that isn't because Chandler Jones "didn't stand out" (wot m8?), its because both of our edge rushers were required to play an absurd amount of snaps because we had no depth on the defensive line at all. You know its bad when they had to call old ass Andre Carter out of retirement for a little help. They also had no sort of consistent interior push with Vellano and Chris Jones playing for the IR'd Wilfork and Tommy Kelly. Seattle had a group of guys who didn't play more than 60% of snaps getting after the QB. They didn't die as the season went on. The additions of Easley and Will Smith along with Kelly and Wilfork coming back will improve the pass rush beyond how good it was at the beginning of the season. Throw in Hightower and Jamie Collins blitzing and you have the pass rush that your heart desires.

You might be a bit optimistic thinking Wilfork is going to do Wilfork things.

GrecoRoman
07-09-2014, 09:43 PM

Honestly, Wilfork should barely see the field in sub defense but even if he does he's better than Joe Vellano.

Lb54TG
07-09-2014, 09:44 PM

He's over the hump, but he's still a big impact player. Sucks that he's like 30 now. He was great for the last like 6 years

Lb54TG
07-09-2014, 09:45 PM
http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=11190704&src=desktop&rand=ref~%7B%22ref%22%3A%22https%3A%2F%2Fwww.googl e.com%2F%22%7D

What do you think brahs.. who will end the season with the better secondary?

Not an insider. Someone post article for reps

Tommy12Orr4
07-09-2014, 10:02 PM
Anyone saying the Patriots don't/won't have a pass rush better lube up for Jamie Collins.

HHHHNNGGGGGGGGGG!!!!! He mad Luck his bitch in the playoffs last year.

AlphaQUp4This
07-10-2014, 12:52 AM
Giants secondary > Patriots secondary (srs). It was top 10 last year and they added DRC, Walter Thurmond, Quentin Demps and get back Stevie Brown. Will Hill who had a great freshman season last year is developing into a top safety in the league. Pass rush also plays a huge role and the Giants have a better pass rushing front 7 than the Pats do.

The Pats and Giants aren't even in the same stratosphere as the Seahawks secondary.

bigcc
07-10-2014, 02:18 AM
As a Seahawks fan you should know that their simplicity was part of what made them so dominant.

I guess all teams should dumb their offensive and defensive looks down then right?

****ing ridiculous

EDIT: Or maybe it was our dominant physical freaks like a defense that included 2 members of the DL, one of the LB's, and one of the DB's that were better than 4th round picks

brb drafting failed olympic athletes from here on out

scotyg
07-10-2014, 05:21 AM
I guess all teams should dumb their offensive and defensive looks down then right?

****ing ridiculous

EDIT: Or maybe it was our dominant physical freaks like a defense that included 2 members of the DL, one of the LB's, and one of the DB's that were better than 4th round picks

A simple scheme can dominate if executed perfectly

leakypipe23
07-10-2014, 12:07 PM
"The Pros" is KC Joyner? The same guy that said Denver would tear LOB apart?

That's cute.

http://static6.businessinsider.com/image/507c1288ecad046e7a000015/russell-wilson-sidney-rice-td.gif

GrecoRoman
07-10-2014, 01:27 PM

****ing ridiculous

you have to be a different kind of stupid. They can dumb down their scheme because they have the best secondary in football. They don't worry about trying to match the offense formation for formation and audible for audible because they're really good. Only the most insecure fanbase in football can turn a compliment into some sort of slight. This is why nobody likes you phaggots.

"The Pros" is KC Joyner? The same guy that said Denver would tear LOB apart?

That's cute.

http://static6.businessinsider.com/image/507c1288ecad046e7a000015/russell-wilson-sidney-rice-td.gif

a gif from 2 years ago, That's cute.

Also funny how both of those guys will be fighting to make the team as opposed to being on the field at the end of the game. good job, good effort.

JorgeZimmermen
07-10-2014, 02:05 PM
Chancellor is much better in the box than Harmon is but he's not as good playing over the top.

well....that's why they have the best FS in the league covering the top...Kam barely ever has to drop back into coverage the way Earl plays and it's sickening :(

Of the entire NFL, I think the only secondary worth mentioning with the seahawks right now is the Saints...and that's if vacarro is healthy.

GrecoRoman
07-10-2014, 02:24 PM
well....that's why they have the best FS in the league covering the top...Kam barely ever has to drop back into coverage the way Earl plays and it's sickening :(

Of the entire NFL, I think the only secondary worth mentioning with the seahawks right now is the Saints...and that's if vacarro is healthy.

Its not about the way Earl plays, its the diffrence between a team that sits in single high cover 3 vs two high look. Like I said, basically different positions. Kam is better at what he does than Harmon though so yes Kam>>>>Harmon even though Harmon may develop into a very good player down the road. New Englands secondary>>>New Orleans though.

Since this seems to be the way we evaluate itt:
McCourty>Byrd
Vacarro>Harmon
Revis>>>>>Lewis
Browner/Dennard/Arrington/Ryan>>Champ (who really needs to retire)/Corey White/Patrick Robinson/SJB

iamgenus
07-10-2014, 02:25 PM

Saints are good on paper...let's wait to see how they actually look on the field together before saying they're worth mentioning along with Seattle's secondary.

JorgeZimmermen
07-10-2014, 02:27 PM
Its not about the way Earl plays, its the diffrence between a team that sits in single high cover 3 vs two high look. Like I said, basically different positions. Kam is better at what he does than Harmon though so yes Kam>>>>Harmon even though Harmon may develop into a very good player down the road. New Englands secondary>>>New Orleans though.

Since this seems to be the way we evaluate itt:
McCourty>Byrd
Vacarro>Harmon
Revis>>>>>Lewis
Browner/Dennard/Arrington/Ryan>>Champ (who really needs to retire)/Corey White/Patrick Robinson/SJB

Meh i'd take byrd over McCourty but I forgot about Logan Ryan so yeah I guess I will agree that the pats secondary is better.

bigcc
07-10-2014, 05:34 PM
you have to be a different kind of stupid. They can dumb down their scheme because they have the best secondary in football. They don't worry about trying to match the offense formation for formation and audible for audible because they're really good. Only the most insecure fanbase in football can turn a compliment into some sort of slight. This is why nobody likes you phaggots.

The secondary audibles and calls **** out to each other almost every play you idiot

GrecoRoman
07-10-2014, 05:42 PM
The secondary audibles and calls **** out to each other almost every play you idiot

so you took, me saying the don't match an offense audible for audible as they don't audible or check.

dumb as fuk cuz

Just because you have a check doesn't mean you change the look you idiot.

tential
07-10-2014, 05:42 PM

Of course. Look at the Ravens? Completely irrelevant the next season. Some teams just come out the next season high off their win on top of the world and get torn the phuck apart.

Lol but Patriots fans aren't going to get all hyped about our defense. If this had been an offensive debate this would hav ebeen a bloodbath.
---------------------------

I think the HUGE takeaway from this article isn't that Pats Secondary > Seahawks Secondary. It's that Pats Secondary and Seahawks secondary are debatable at this point as to who is better. Even if Seahawks Secondary is better, I dont' think a SINGLE pats fan cares. If our Secondary is good enough to be in contention with yours thats ALL we need. We have Tom Brady at the helm, we don't have Hernandez eating a huge part of our salary cap, and we have a CHANCE at Gronk staying healthy this season (and we will be chanting our black magic prayers in our BB hoodies to keep him safe this year. I don't know the laws about sacrifices in the US, nor do we care, we will sacrifice however many virgins, antelopes, missing planes, whatever to keep him healthy). On top of that our secondary is now in contention with the Seahawks?

Last year the Patriots went 12-4 with the TON of bullshiit we had to deal with. This year, we're finna go in. I hope the league is peppered....

bigcc
07-10-2014, 05:46 PM
so you took, me saying the don't match an offense audible for audible as they don't audible or check.

dumb as fuk cuz

Just because you have a check doesn't mean you change the look you idiot.

watch ET JUST BY HIMSELF before the snap during a full game and see how much he moves around pre-snap, let alone everyone else on D

GrecoRoman
07-10-2014, 05:50 PM
watch ET JUST BY HIMSELF before the snap during a full game and see how much he moves around pre-snap, let alone everyone else on D

He's the free safety, He's the one making calls in the secondary, doesn't mean the look is changed at all. Seattle doesn't beat teams with deception as much as they do pure skill. Doesn't mean they don't disguise looks.

"We play man-to-man or Cover-3 -- not much more than that. It's not a secret." - Kam Chancellor

"We play man-to-man or Cover-3 -- not much more than that. It's not a secret." - Kam Chancellor

bigcc
07-10-2014, 06:12 PM
He's the free safety, He's the one making calls in the secondary, doesn't mean the look is changed at all. Seattle doesn't beat teams with deception as much as they do pure skill. Doesn't mean they don't disguise looks.
[/B]

Re-read that and explain to me how that makes sense...... They disguise looks but don't use deception? Wtf are you talking about

GrecoRoman
07-10-2014, 06:25 PM
Re-read that and explain to me how that makes sense...... They disguise looks but don't use deception? Wtf are you talking about

this has to be ****ing trolling

AS MUCH AS THEY DO

AS MUCH AS THEY DO

AS MUCH AS THEY DO

where in that post do I say they don't use deception? There isn't a single team in the NFL that shows every single blitz or every single coverage pre snap.

YOLOdreaming
07-10-2014, 06:52 PM
This. Holy fukking Christ, I've been so sick of our potato defense the past few years. What makes it even worse is Belichick Tha Gawd used to be known as a defensive genius but everything's been offense, offense, offense for years now, and we've had nothing but scrubs and 3rd-stringers on D.

Looking forward to seeing what Revis/Browner can do.

LOL when are you guys going to get Brady a weapon to throw to?

Gronk is injured most of the times and you guys hardly had a good WR the past season.

GrecoRoman
02-04-2015, 01:04 PM
fun thread, interesting too see that Butlers name wasn't mentioned at all. Just goes to show that a guy can make a team out of camp and in effect determine the season.