PDA

View Full Version : I just got bro-scienced hard

silverlightning
07-09-2014, 10:19 AM
by my wife. said I was fat cuz I eat cereal with all dat sugar in it. so i said, cereal doesn't make you fat, she said, "no, what does"? i said eating excess calories. She then proceeded to serve me eggs, potatoes and sausage. help me help her be leaf I'm right.

STT816
07-09-2014, 10:22 AM
why do you have to convince her? who cares lol, she most likely never will because of all the media...not to sound sexist but thats how most women get their information...dr oz, magazines, online articles etc.

Simpske
07-09-2014, 10:32 AM
The eggs potatoes and sausage sound more inline with bodybuilding than frosted flakes. Stay away from all that processed garbage.

caublet
07-09-2014, 10:33 AM
Actually I'd be willing to bet, calorie for calorie, cereal will make you fatter than sausage and potatoes because of all the processed chemicals, transfats, sugar, and chit that are in them.

What's it like marrying someone leagues more intelligent than you, Opie?

ajdahlheimer
07-09-2014, 10:35 AM
Actually I'd be willing to bet, calorie for calorie, cereal will make you fatter than sausage and potatoes because of all the processed chemicals, transfats, sugar, and chit that are in them.

Damn. Caublet droppin' bombs........

mslman71
07-09-2014, 10:39 AM
http://s.quickmeme.com/img/e7/e76a2d26d01de12ee5b9e0cd03e773d57907fe4f12a10d1a4e 1eb149f6ff7de2.jpg

silverlightning
07-09-2014, 10:40 AM

prove it scientifically.

feels good. i've got the braun, she has the brain. :)

silverlightning
07-09-2014, 10:41 AM
why do you have to convince her? who cares lol, she most likely never will because of all the media...not to sound sexist but thats how most women get their information...dr oz, magazines, online articles etc.

I don't. i was just posting thread for the lol's. it's ok if you're sexist. you're only 22.

silverlightning
07-09-2014, 10:41 AM
The eggs potatoes and sausage sound more inline with bodybuilding than frosted flakes. Stay away from all that processed garbage.

I grew up on cereal. lucky charms FTW. the cereal has almonds and nut clusters in them so they are healthy.

Fishman15
07-09-2014, 10:42 AM
by my wife. said I was fat cuz I eat cereal with all dat sugar in it. so i said, cereal doesn't make you fat, she said, "no, what does"? i said eating excess calories. She then proceeded to serve me eggs, potatoes and sausage. help me help her be leaf I'm right.

It can make you fat. How do your macros sit? If you are eating too many calories and more carbs than your body needs then yea...it will make you fat. If you could stand to eat more protein, try removing the cereal and add in extra eggs that make up the same amount of calories that the cereal had and see if/how it affects your body. I know for me, carbs make me more hungry so I find limiting them puts me in better control of my weight.

silverlightning
07-09-2014, 10:45 AM
It can make you fat. How do your macros sit? If you are eating too many calories and more carbs than your body needs then yea...it will make you fat. If you could stand to eat more protein, try removing the cereal and add in extra eggs that make up the same amount of calories that the cereal had and see if/how it affects your body. I know for me, carbs make me more hungry so I find limiting them puts me in better control of my weight.

yes i know this fish man. i was just fooling about.

Fishman15
07-09-2014, 10:48 AM
yes i know this fish man. i was just trolling about

Gotcha...

kimm4
07-09-2014, 10:56 AM

It's not just a female thing. Men are just as bad when it comes to bro-science garbage.

Brackneyc
07-09-2014, 10:58 AM
It's not just a female thing. Men are just as bad when it comes to bro-science garbage.

Um, Kim, he did say "not to sound sexist...." Once he adds that disclaimer, he can spew all the horsesht he wants. Sorry, rules is rules. :$

acrawlingchaos
07-09-2014, 11:01 AM
Actually I'd be willing to bet, calorie for calorie, cereal will make you fatter than sausage and potatoes because of all the processed chemicals, transfats, sugar, and chit that are in them.What are you willing to wager?

How does transfat make you fatter?
How does sugar make you fatter?
What chemicals make you fatter and how?

If you are eating too many calories and more carbs than your body needs then yea...it will make you fat.Interesting, because the body doesn't require any dietary carbs. Are you suggesting OP aboid carbs all together?

If you could stand to eat more protein, try removing the cereal and add in extra eggs that make up the same amount of calories that the cereal had and see if/how it affects your body. I know for me, carbs make me more hungry so I find limiting them puts me in better control of my weight.Do you know the OP's current macro breakdown, or are you suggesting some sort of "clean eating"?

pastorgbc
07-09-2014, 11:10 AM

As Kimm was saying...

Fishman15
07-09-2014, 11:15 AM
Interesting, because the body doesn't require any dietary carbs. Are you suggesting OP aboid carbs all together?

Do you know the OP's current macro breakdown, or are you suggesting some sort of "clean eating"?

Did I say or even hint to avoid all carbs?

No, I dont know the OP's macro breakdown, that was why I asked him how his macros sit? Did I say "clean eating" anywhere?

Almost like you didn't even read my post. In the mood to just argue for the sake of arguing today acc?

Phattso
07-09-2014, 11:19 AM
I never have worried about breakdowns of food, but I try to make wise choices. For me, just eating a big bowl of sugar-laden cereal would give me a mini carbo-coma, which tells me that it is not doing my body any good. I'd rather go with the meat and potatoes.

The closest thing I eat to cereal is oatmeal. But, I eat those with eggs on the side.

Gunite
07-09-2014, 11:25 AM
Woman serves OP up a fine, tasty, nutritious meal.
OP wants misc to talk her out of it so he can eat M&Ms for breakfast in peace.

broscience logic

silverlightning
07-09-2014, 11:25 AM

true dat. my wife just tends to listen to outside sources such as friends, media, tv. etc.

ajdahlheimer
07-09-2014, 11:33 AM
.....such as friends, media, tv. etc.

So remove those elements from the kitchen and you're problems are solved, brah.

:D

silverlightning
07-09-2014, 11:40 AM
Woman serves OP up a fine, tasty, nutritious meal.
OP wants misc to talk her out of it so he can eat M&Ms for breakfast in peace.

broscience logic

nope that's my normal first meal minus the sausage or bacon depending on how often i've had it.

bodyhard
07-09-2014, 11:42 AM
The question is ARE you fat?

kimm4
07-09-2014, 11:43 AM
true dat. my wife just tends to listen to outside sources such as friends, media, tv. etc.

Yeah that's pretty much how everyone tends to get their info.

I was too lazy to cook breakfast so I had a cup of cottage cheese and a bowl of captain crunch cereal.

Was delicious...:D

silverlightning
07-09-2014, 11:44 AM
So remove those elements from the kitchen and you're problems are solved, brah.
bf
:D

trust me I've tried to reason but to no avail. i'll have to get to sub 10% BF and I don't want to try and diet. i guess to lazy to calculate macros.

bradandblake
07-09-2014, 11:48 AM
If you buy 10,000,000 shoes for $.01 each, you'll still go overdraft.

bodyhard
07-09-2014, 12:22 PM
I asked a question....

silverlightning
07-09-2014, 12:36 PM
I asked a question....

lmao. for a BB show yes, for everything else no.

bodyhard
07-09-2014, 12:37 PM
lmao. for a BB show yes, for everything else no.

Hmmm then why would she call you fat then? Maybe you are delusional???

:D :D

silverlightning
07-09-2014, 12:40 PM
Hmmm then why would she call you fat then? Maybe you are delusional???

:D :D

i was going to edit my comment to say she was joking. buy yeah I get that self consciousness image sometimes.

Old-Time-Lifter
07-09-2014, 12:41 PM
In on parody thread where folks are being all serious like............. LOL

silverlightning
07-09-2014, 12:45 PM
In on parody thread where folks are being all serious like............. LOL

lol. only thing on my mind is another bowl of cereal

BroWhoLifts150
07-09-2014, 12:45 PM

What are you betting? You're wrong so you might want a lot of whatever it is

Phattso
07-09-2014, 12:50 PM
I heard Jay Cutler eats Fruit Loops 2X/day the last two weeks before a contest. He said, "I eat 'em for teh fibrahs, mang."

Tomohawk92
07-09-2014, 12:55 PM
to those who deny that sugar is way worse for body comp than either fats or proteins..

http://www.jissn.com/content/11/1/19 - Fat
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19396658 - Protein

silverlightning
07-09-2014, 01:09 PM
to those who deny that sugar is way worse for body comp than either fats or proteins..

http://www.jissn.com/content/11/1/19 - Fat
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19396658 - Protein

i think it depends on the person and their health. also the type of conditioning they are trying to achieve. overall i feel(psychologically) better when I eat lean meats, good fats( i know I know) and complex carbs and fruits in my diet vs. processed, fast food etc. but then again calories in/calories out.

silverlightning
07-09-2014, 01:11 PM
Yeah that's pretty much how everyone tends to get their info.

I was too lazy to cook breakfast so I had a cup of cottage cheese and a bowl of captain crunch cereal.

Was delicious...:D

nothing wrong with dat. in before food critics unite. chex has choco flavored cereal. yummy. and gluten free haha

acrawlingchaos
07-09-2014, 01:25 PM
Did I say or even hint to avoid all carbs?
If you are eating too many calories and more carbs than your body needs then yea...it will make you fat Humans do not need carbs. Ergo, you made the suggestion that he should avoid carbs.

Perhaps you could better explain "too many carbs".

No, I dont know the OP's macro breakdown, that was why I asked him how his macros sit? Did I say "clean eating" anywhere?You're making dietary suggestions including macro alterations without even knowing anything about his current diet or success. Perhaps those details may be important before you start making suggestions?

Almost like you didn't even read my post. In the mood to just argue for the sake of arguing today acc?It's almost like you've never seen my sig.

Bo_Flecks
07-09-2014, 02:17 PM
...or are you suggesting some sort of "clean eating"?

I always eat clean food.

When I drop it on the floor, I NEVER let it sit there for more than 5 seconds.

http://lerageshirts.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/5-second-rule-t-shirt-food-germs-pizza.jpg

There's a rule, you know.

Old-Time-Lifter
07-09-2014, 04:42 PM
I always eat clean food.

When I drop it on the floor, I NEVER let it sit there for more than 5 seconds.

http://lerageshirts.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/5-second-rule-t-shirt-food-germs-pizza.jpg

There's a rule, you know.

Sure germs follow the rules but what about dog or cat hair?

silverlightning
07-09-2014, 05:07 PM
I just ate a clean hersheys dark chocolate bar. and gonna make some clean homemade burgers right about now.

drudixon
07-09-2014, 06:08 PM
Love how people mistake health for body composition. While not mutually exclusive, neither are they inclusive.

Red number 7, Fk all u bishes.

silverlightning
07-09-2014, 06:36 PM
[QUOTE=drudixon;1266953021]Love how people mistake health for body composition.

and vice versa

JediRN
07-09-2014, 07:56 PM
http://s.quickmeme.com/img/e7/e76a2d26d01de12ee5b9e0cd03e773d57907fe4f12a10d1a4e 1eb149f6ff7de2.jpg

will eating clean help me get toned?

SP1966
07-09-2014, 07:57 PM

You've got a smart woman, listen to her.

Simpske
07-10-2014, 05:16 AM
I had a hardees 2/3 pound bacon cheese burger last night. That **** was good.

silverlightning
07-10-2014, 08:00 AM
You've got a smart woman, listen to her.

true, but I'm to dumb to appreciate sometimes. :)

silverlightning
07-10-2014, 08:05 AM
I had a hardees 2/3 pound bacon cheese burger last night. That **** was good.

I had two homemade burgers last night.

Simpske
07-10-2014, 08:54 AM
If they were cooked on the grill you win.

Fishman15
07-10-2014, 09:14 AM
If they were cooked on the grill you win.

^^^This, I ate a grilled cheeseburger, no bun, no fries, with a big garden salad for dinner twice a week and lost 150 lbs in 2 years but it sounds like I would have had the same results eating donuts and fruit loops so what do I know...

silverlightning
07-10-2014, 09:30 AM
^^^This, I ate a grilled cheeseburger, no bun, no fries, with a big garden salad for dinner twice a week and lost 150 lbs in 2 years but it sounds like I would have had the same results eating donuts and fruit loops so what do I know...

oh for sure on the grill. but even on a pan on the stove. the only different is the taste, now cook it over charcoal and the flavor is even better.

fishman, since you were obese and unhealthy(correct me if i'm wrong) your best bet was to eliminate certain foods until your health improved. all in moderation is the key though. first question people ask when they want to lose weight is, "can I cheat, eat this or that?"

Fishman15
07-10-2014, 10:30 AM
oh for sure on the grill. but even on a pan on the stove. the only different is the taste, now cook it over charcoal and the flavor is even better.

fishman, since you were obese and unhealthy(correct me if i'm wrong) your best bet was to eliminate certain foods until your health improved. all in moderation is the key though. first question people ask when they want to lose weight is, "can I cheat, eat this or that?"

I used protein smoothies and stuff like cheeseburgers for my cheat meals. I had them often so don't know if it was really considered cheating. The sweetness from the berries and fat from the burgers satisfied any cravings I might get plus got my protein numbers where they needed to be. I was fortunate that I never needed to count a calorie, after a while you just kind of know what a proper serving amount is to maintain or lose weight. Now that I am closer to being in shape it is much much harder and I might have to start counting if I start cutting again.

silverlightning
07-10-2014, 10:40 AM
I used protein smoothies and stuff like cheeseburgers for my cheat meals. I had them often so don't know if it was really considered cheating. The sweetness from the berries and fat from the burgers satisfied any cravings I might get plus got my protein numbers where they needed to be. I was fortunate that I never needed to count a calorie, after a while you just kind of know what a proper serving amount is to maintain or lose weight. Now that I am closer to being in shape it is much much harder and I might have to start counting if I start cutting again.

yes, the more you want to drop body fat, the more you need to track calories. i'm talking about sub 10% etc.