PDA

View Full Version : need help with deadlift (video)

midnightsurfer
07-08-2014, 05:47 PM
Hey,
i haven't increased in weight on the deadlift in a while, and i feel its form related.
Can you please critique my technique.

youtube.com/watch?v=-vC4VBPp8Jk

Thanks!!

thehobbes
07-08-2014, 07:02 PM
-vC4VBPp8Jk

Not bad OP, keep your butt/hips down when you start the lift - they are rising up before the bar gets off the ground. You're rounding your back some too, straighten it out and keep tight all together, big breath in when you get ready to pull and keep tight. Careful with where you did kinda a half rep and got up, that could injure you if you let the wt fall right and stand up at the wrong moment, don't separate from the bar.

usersignup2
07-08-2014, 07:15 PM
your arms should hang straight down in the starting position. this will ensure the straightest upward path as you rise. you are either too close to the bar or your upper torso is leaning slightly forward.

also your head should be in a much more neutral position. this will tend to keep your back in a more neutral position. whenever I see someone with their head looking at the sky it pretty much guarantees that he/she will have back rounding.

SophieM
07-08-2014, 07:26 PM
Have you tried putting something under the plates to make your start higher? It looks like you're using 35 lbs plates so you're pulling further than you would if you were using the 45's, which is going to change your set up.