PDA

View Full Version : Help!!

Redhead29
07-07-2014, 11:10 AM
I just had a baby in February and have since lost 30+ lbs. I am only 5'4 but am 150 :( I know weight doesn't matter but I would love to be around 125 with muscle. How is the best way for me to accomplish the best results? Should I keep cutting and then around 130 do a reverse diet? Or should I start a reverse diet now for a month and then cut? I am currently lifting heavy weights and doing cardio 30 mins a day. I need some direction!! Also any help on clean eating and water intake would be awesome!! Thanks!

laurab384
07-07-2014, 04:23 PM
If you want to lose fat it comes down to diet. Start keeping food diary and record the calories you're eating. I am the same stats as you and am eating 1600 cals/day with a goal of getting down to 130 before I focus on building muscle.

You need to take care of yourself though. I'm speaking only from my own experiences here but when my kids were 5 months I was in NO place mentally to handle dieting! Especially with my 1st, she was still waking up every few hours at that age. I decided to just to push dieting down the road a few months until things settled down. If that's the case with you then I'd say focus on eating to maintain and lifting (and cardio for your mental health, it really helps with my stress levels!)

charlatte987
07-08-2014, 04:46 AM
Have you been lifting, or have you not lifted before, and lost weight more through diet and cardio?

If you've been lifting, i'd say continue to cut to about 130 or so, and continue lifting (if this is totally wrong, someone please correct me. I don't have a heck of a lot of experience with cutting and bulking)

If it'll be your first time lifting heavy, i'd reccommend a program like New Rules Of Lifting For Women, or another book in the New Rules series. They consist of some high intensity interval cardio, and full body workouts (3 times a week). It's geared toward women and is a fantastic intro to the wonderful world of weight lifting. I'd also reccommend starting strength, or a variation, if strength is more your thing. I had great results as a newbie (before I lifted at all) with a similar, yet less intense program, and it greatly improved my physique.

Hope I helped!

oregonchick76
07-08-2014, 07:05 AM
Figure out your maintenance level here - http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/
Eat to lose around 1/2 lb per week. Diet down to your 130 or so, then eat in a slight surplus and follow a solid lifting routine designed for adding mass.

What program are you following now? 'Heavy lifting' is not so very descriptive. With limited experience a full body routine based around the compound lifts would probably be the most productive.

Clean eating really doesn't mean much. Yes, less-processed foods, fruits and veggies, etc are more nutritionally complete, but they do not help you lose weight faster. And too many newbies get caught up in 'clean eating' and end up on a terribly bland/boring diet of tilapia, chicken breast, steamed veggies, etc.

Once you figure out your calories and macros, just eat to fall within those parameters every day. You can fit whatever you want in there as long as you hit your calories and macros.