PDA

View Full Version : Almost got my ass handed to me this Sat.

bodyhard
07-07-2014, 06:38 AM
WARNING: this is a fight thread so for you happygolucky folks who hate violence no need to continue reading, so keep it moving.

Like the title states I almost got my ass beat and I would have to have recorded it as my first lost for real. (I know the day is coming that I am going to get my ass beat)

So what happen? I was at Orchard beach on Saturday, I was tanning as I do every summer. I wear a bathing suit (like that of the old bodybuilding days Arnold, Franco and company) and I hear a guy say, Yo that's my ni99a right there, speedo tor**** and then laughter.

I swear and I give you guys my word as a man I was NOT going to say anything I was just going to keep it moving, but I couldn't, I just couldn't.

So I sat up and said, Yo my man, what the f'ck did you just say? And he said Ni99a if you got up then you heard what I said.

There were two of them, but the guy was a good size and so was his boy so I knew they would not jump me at least not in the beach in front of mad people.

I got up and once I did, he threw up his hands and it was on, but let me tell you every f'cking hit this guy threw not only landed but hurt like ****ing hell. He did not get to hit my face because of my skills but he hit me in the body A LOT!! And every shot I felt.

I caught him twice in the face and he stumbled I hit him a third time and I saw his legs buckling, the 4th hit dropped him and he stood on the sand for about 20 seconds I heard the ohhh and ahhs from the crowd and his boy yelling yo get the f'ck up. beat this ni99as ass!

He got up and bummed rushed me and threw me to the floor he was on top of me and then the cops came and pulled him off of me. We both got sent to a holding cell at the beach and then let go with a desk appearance. Funny at the cell block he told me, yo man, you got some skills for an old man, I thought you was gonna be easy. I did not say a word to him.

He was much heavier than me and I am not sure I would have gotten him off of me, normally I would have side stepped his rush or even countered with a knee or an upper cut, but my reaction was slow and that f'cked me up bad.
I need to reassess my skills...

ajdahlheimer
07-07-2014, 06:41 AM
I heard the ohhh and ahhs from the crowd....

Leads me to believe there is likely a cell phone vid of this somewhere.....

bodyhard
07-07-2014, 06:49 AM
Leads me to believe there is likely a cell phone vid of this somewhere.....I've been checking world star

ajdahlheimer
07-07-2014, 06:55 AM
You got any bruised/cracked ribs from those body-shots?

bodyhard
07-07-2014, 07:01 AM
You got any bruised/cracked ribs from those body-shots?Bruises yes, cracked ribs I hope not. I don't think so but it hurts when I take a deep breath.

ajdahlheimer
07-07-2014, 07:08 AM
I don't think so but it hurts when I take a deep breath.

I've cracked ribs from football and fights in the past. I felt short of breath and had dizziness each time. So maybe yours are just bruised. An x-ray or MRI is really the only way to confirm though.

frozensparky
07-07-2014, 07:25 AM
I've cracked ribs from football and fights in the past. I felt short of breath and had dizziness each time. So maybe yours are just bruised. An x-ray or MRI is really the only way to confirm though.

More than likely just bruised. I've had cracked ribs and it's pretty hard to mistake.

Land_Down_Under
07-07-2014, 07:29 AM
Still gon keep wearing your budgie smugglers to the beach op?

cowboybiker
07-07-2014, 07:30 AM
Suddenly being on your list doesn't seem all that impressive.

ChazWood
07-07-2014, 07:39 AM
Suddenly being on your list doesn't seem all that impressive.
http://i59.tinypic.com/w2c3yw.jpg

Glad to hear you didn't get too busted up BH. Sounds like you've got some thinking to do.

ajdahlheimer
07-07-2014, 07:41 AM
More than likely just bruised. I've had cracked ribs and it's pretty hard to mistake.

Yeah, it can depend on which rib and the severity of the fracture. Your ribs actually help to control your breathing, so if they are out of whack--it can be a very bad time.

hammerfelt
07-07-2014, 07:48 AM
We both got sent to a holding cell at the beach

Having a hard time comprehending this. Is there really so much violence on the beach that a holding cell is needed?

x-trainer ben
07-07-2014, 08:03 AM
S**** or boxer briefs in a holding cell?

ajdahlheimer
07-07-2014, 08:12 AM
Having a hard time comprehending this. Is there really so much violence on the beach that a holding cell is needed?

It's actually typical at large ocean front beaches. A lot of malls (I live near Mall of America in MN for example) have mini-police stations inside them where there are holding cells.

zippinload
07-07-2014, 08:19 AM
I was on here a week before which was before I registered and saw a thread about you getting in a bar fight or something. Are you the local crazy 50 year old man just coming out of a mid life crisis who starts fights with anybody? You're giving me the impression these fights are a regular occurrence for you and it sounds like you get into way more than any normal human being should.

so-tex
07-07-2014, 08:32 AM
Were you wearing sunscreen?

so-tex
07-07-2014, 08:35 AM

Yup. I've had bruised, cracked and broken. There is a big difference between bruised and cracked/broken.

so-tex
07-07-2014, 08:38 AM

We have them at the beach here in Corpus and Port Aransas.

Cass40
07-07-2014, 08:39 AM
Sunscreen is really important.

For some reason he has a perfect skin, though. I don't get it.

ajdahlheimer
07-07-2014, 08:44 AM
We have them at the beach here in Corpus and Port Aransas.

One of the best King of the Hill episodes ever was set in Port Aransas.

ChazWood
07-07-2014, 08:47 AM
He must use a good moisturizer.

bodyhard
07-07-2014, 08:51 AM
It's in my genes muneca...

Karl_Hungus
07-07-2014, 08:54 AM
Like the title states I almost got my ass beat and I would have to have recorded it as my first lost for real. (I know the day is coming that I am going to get my ass beat)

Even the best pro fighters in the world eventually lose -- Glad to hear you weren't seriously hurt though.

bodyhard
07-07-2014, 08:59 AM
Even the best pro fighters in the world eventually lose -- Glad to hear you weren't seriously hurt though.

I'll take it when it comes, kind of a scary feeling to know this. I replayed his bumrush in my head over and over and he should have never gotten to me. My slow response is what is bothering me the most.

ajdahlheimer
07-07-2014, 09:09 AM
My slow response is what is bothering me the most.

Some of it could be attributed to the sand/footing, brah. Way different than fighting on the street or in the cage.

bodyhard
07-07-2014, 09:21 AM
Some of it could be attributed to the sand/footing, brah. Way different than fighting on the street or in the cage.

Awesome analogy man, I did not even think about that. The sand slowed me down I remember digging my right foot into the sand fir leverage and power for the 4th hit that dropped him. Never thought about it being the reason for my ****ty reaction when he lunged at me. Thanks man seriously

ajdahlheimer
07-07-2014, 09:25 AM
Awesome analogy man, I did not even think about that. The sand slowed me down I remember digging my right foot into the sand fir leverage and power for the 4th hit that dropped him. Never thought about it being the reason for my ****ty reaction when he lunged at me. Thanks man seriously

No prob. I was just thinking if you've ever played volleyball indoors vs. the sand. The reaction time is always slower on sand because you can't cut/plant like in a gym. I've never got into a fight on a beach. Did one time floating down a river though.

bodyhard
07-07-2014, 09:31 AM
No prob. I was just thinking if you've ever played volleyball indoors vs. the sand. The reaction time is always slower on sand because you can't cut/plant like in a gym. I've never got into a fight on a beach. Did one time floating down a river though.

Never played volley ball but I have played football in the sand and it is way harder to run than grass, so yeah I am rethinking this whole thing now. The **** was really getting to me.

Nikonguy
07-07-2014, 09:33 AM
Somewhere a bunch of haterz are booking a ballroom and hiring a band.

doughnutgut
07-07-2014, 09:35 AM
When someone writes a story. You can tell how interested you are by the way the words become a movie in your head.

Shame I now have images of you in bright yellow budgies and oily skin grappling in the sand.

Although glad your alright BH. I can count on my hands AND toes the amount of times I have been beaten down. :D

As for the ribs. If you cant cough or clear your nose without excruciating pain. Then you prob broken something. I am sure I have a rib rolling around in my pelvis somewhere. :p

Tmax55
07-07-2014, 09:42 AM
I've never gotten in a fight since I've been like 23, between 18 and 23 I was in a lot.

I've never been a particularly good fighter, though so I lost my share, but my then physical strength and size as well as a high pain tolerance made me not a particularly bad fighter either. I think its better to be either really good at it, or really bad at it, than where I was.

Clamz
07-07-2014, 09:52 AM
is speedo tor**** really that offensive? lol.

Why were you being a nice guy during a fight though by letting him back up? I'd think with your experience, you'd know to finish him with some GnP or a punch/kick to his face.

Cleveland33
07-07-2014, 10:03 AM
I've never gotten in a fight since I've been like 23, between 18 and 23 I was in a lot.

I've never been a particularly good fighter, though so I lost my share, but my then physical strength and size as well as a high pain tolerance made me not a particularly bad fighter either. I think its better to be either really good at it, or really bad at it, than where I was.

never been in a fight my entire life - which is even more amazing considering working security at a bar for over a decade. I mean I had brush ups there, but never threw a punch or got hit with one.

ajdahlheimer
07-07-2014, 10:08 AM
Why were you being a nice guy during a fight though by letting him back up? I'd think with your experience, you'd know to finish him with some GnP or a punch/kick to his face.

I think BH is more of a striker. Plus you don't want to GnP a guy who has a big size advantage over you (unless you know he's basically temporarily incapacitated, not just stunned). A ground fight with a bigger guy--you're always putting yourself at risk of him rolling over and engulfing you. So I think BH was just using his own street smarts/experience there OR he was giving the guy a chance to say "I quit" (which is something I've let people do as well).

frozensparky
07-07-2014, 10:10 AM
never been in a fight my entire life - which is even more amazing considering working security at a bar for over a decade. I mean I had brush ups there, but never threw a punch or got hit with one.

I bet that's more common than you would think. Bar security are supposed to de-escalate situations not escalate them. Also there is always more than one security guy there so a guy knows he's going to be fighting more than one guy if he gets into it with security.

I know a lot of bouncers that are horrible fighters but their good at talking or choking guys from behind

ajdahlheimer
07-07-2014, 10:14 AM
I bet that's more common than you would think. Bar security are supposed to de-escalate situations not escalate them. Also there is always more than one security guy there so a guy knows he's going to be fighting more than one guy if he gets into it with security.

I know a lot of bouncers that are horrible fighters but their good at talking or choking guys from behind

Agreed. I worked security for years and we were required to take a "Verbal Judo" class. Which was all about De-escalating and appeasing situations that arise w/o physical confrontation.

bodyhard
07-07-2014, 10:36 AM

Honestly I thought he was done, he looked out of it and I was not going to take advantage if the guy not hit him with a cheap shot. Itwas a clean one on one. And two I was exhausted and was hoping he was done. Bad move on my part I was expecting the charge but my reaction was slow and now I know it was due to the sand.

Clamz
07-07-2014, 10:50 AM
Honestly I thought he was done, he looked out of it and I was not going to take advantage if the guy not hit him with a cheap shot. Itwas a clean one on one. And two I was exhausted and was hoping he was done. Bad move on my part I was expecting the charge but my reaction was slow and now I know it was due to the sand.

Maybe as soon as he went down you should have laughed and ran away in victory, lol.

In street fights I don't think anything is a cheap shot. That's somebody trying to hurt you. But I could see how it appeared as if it was over.

Old-Time-Lifter
07-07-2014, 11:04 AM
But John can you really call this a win? The guy had you down and you admit that had the cops not pulled him off you'd likely have been in trouble.

I think you might at best call it a draw but it sounds to me like he'd gotten you into a position where he had the advantage and you admit you were exhausted already.

Time to learn to keep walking and let folks be clowns.

bodyhard
07-07-2014, 11:15 AM
But John can you really call this a win? The guy had you down and you admit that had the cops not pulled him off you'd likely have been in trouble.

I think you might at best call it a draw but it sounds to me like he'd gotten you into a position where he had the advantage and you admit you were exhausted already.

Time to learn to keep walking and let folks be clowns.

I don't know OTL I am not sure what my adrenaline would have me capable of doing. I know for sure when he was on top of me he felt like he weighed a ton. I was grabbing him by the back if his neck to keep the least amount of distance between us when the cops came. But you are correct I was exhausted, but he was dazed as well so I don't know. Maybe I will see him again and we can finish it. If I lose I lose but at least I'll know.

Karl_Hungus
07-07-2014, 11:28 AM

I think BH is more of a striker. Plus you don't want to GnP a guy who has a big size advantage over you (unless you know he's basically temporarily incapacitated, not just stunned). A ground fight with a bigger guy--you're always putting yourself at risk of him rolling over and engulfing you. So I think BH was just using his own street smarts/experience there OR he was giving the guy a chance to say "I quit" (which is something I've let people do as well).

^^ You guys have been watching too much MMA ... lol.

ajdahlheimer
07-07-2014, 11:41 AM

No. I was just piggy-backing off of what BH actually said (below), brah. So slow your roll.....

He was much heavier than me and I am not sure I would have gotten him off of me,...

bodyhard
07-07-2014, 11:42 AM

Lol

Paulie_G
07-07-2014, 11:43 AM

This. I don't understand fighting as an adult. My last "real" fight was on the basketball court when I was 17, and my last brush up was in college. Aren't there a 1000 more important and better things to do with our time as adult? Maybe that's just me.

Tmax55
07-07-2014, 12:07 PM
I worked bar security when I was 26 or so. That was about diffusing situations.

Brackneyc
07-07-2014, 12:11 PM
I'm in Virginia Beach atm. Not a single scary person in sight. I saw this fat fck who obviously lifts, but realized it was my reflection.

frozensparky
07-07-2014, 12:37 PM
This. I don't understand fighting as an adult. Aren't there a 1000 more important and better things to do with our time as adult? Maybe that's just me.

It's just you

eomrat
07-07-2014, 12:58 PM
No. I was just piggy-backing off of what BH actually said (below), brah. So slow your roll.....

You seem like you probably know a lot about fighting. It's easy to see that you are tough and streetwise, Brah

Brah

Brah

Brah

Brah

Clamz
07-07-2014, 01:18 PM

you sound like you've never been in a street fight.

Bo_Flecks
07-07-2014, 01:34 PM
We both got sent to a holding cell at the beach and then let go with a desk appearance.

Not being familiar with what "a desk appearance" means, I had to google it. I could be wrong, but it seems like kind of a big deal.

http://www.queensdefense.com/deskappearancetickets/

Just curious, BH, where do you see this ordeal heading from this point on?

Karl_Hungus
07-07-2014, 02:08 PM
you sound like you've never been in a street fight.

When it happens, I will be sure to call the armchair fight experts like yourself to tell me what I should have done differently :)

bodyhard
07-07-2014, 02:21 PM
Not being familiar with what "a desk appearance" means, I had to google it. I could be wrong, but it seems like kind of a big deal.

http://www.queensdefense.com/deskappearancetickets/

Just curious, BH, where do you see this ordeal heading from this point on?

Not a big deal, I just have to appear in court and probably pay a fine. My cousin is a lieutenant and he said he will take care of it for me so I will see.

ChazWood
07-07-2014, 02:46 PM
nah man, stop being modest. It's obvious by your extensive knowledge that you train UFC.

Brah :D

ChazWood
07-07-2014, 02:50 PM
Not a big deal, I just have to appear in court and probably pay a fine.
and find that punk and

http://i.imgur.com/sRml5rx.png

virtualbrian
07-07-2014, 03:11 PM
What's your ground game? Any BJJ?

Learn some sweep techniques as well as some chokes and submissions and the ground is yours.

eomrat
07-07-2014, 03:26 PM

Learn some sweep techniques as well as some chokes and submissions and the ground is yours.

John, maybe you could get this guy ^^^^ and Clamz to give you some pointers on how to fight. This guy seems to know about sweep techniques and BJJ and submissions and stuff. Sounds pretty advanced.

Old-Time-Lifter
07-07-2014, 03:31 PM
John, maybe you could get this guy ^^^^ and Clamz to give you some pointers on how to fight. This guy seems to know about sweep techniques and BJJ and submissions and stuff. Sounds pretty advanced.

You're just trying to stir the poo aren't you... ;)

virtualbrian
07-07-2014, 03:34 PM
LOL, good 'ol BB.com. Not very advanced, just a blue belt. Smart ass.

Geoff Richards
07-07-2014, 03:57 PM
I'm in Virginia Beach atm. Not a single scary person in sight. I saw this fat fck who obviously lifts, but realized it was my reflection.

lol,did you try and fight him ?

You seem like you probably know a lot about fighting. It's easy to see that you are tough and streetwise, Brah

Brah

Brah

Brah

Brah

^^^^^this was funny

I don't know what BJJ is but as soon as I see the BJ I think blowjob and then this fighting thing seemed really weird

eomrat
07-07-2014, 04:02 PM
LOL, good 'ol BB.com. Not very advanced, just a blue belt. Smart ass.

Sorry. My Bad.

Didn't realize you were a Blue Belt.

RmE69bZ1rtM

virtualbrian
07-07-2014, 04:07 PM
lol,did you try and fight him ?

^^^^^this was funny

I don't know what BJJ is but as soon as I see the BJ I think blowjob and then this fighting thing seemed really weird

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazilian_jiu-jitsu

virtualbrian
07-07-2014, 04:11 PM
Sorry. My Bad.

Didn't realize you were a Blue Belt.

RmE69bZ1rtM

LOL, funny dude...

...dick.

Geoff Richards
07-07-2014, 04:21 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazilian_jiu-jitsu

thanks Brian

so-tex
07-07-2014, 04:26 PM
You're just trying to stir the poo aren't you... ;)

Doug? Stir the pot? Naw. :p

bodyhard
07-07-2014, 04:52 PM

Doug you never know man, I can learn a lot from from online folks man.

You know I have a black belt in E-Kung fu right? It is where I learn most of my fighting skills.

RT1957
07-07-2014, 04:55 PM
BH...real talk....If you want to know skill level you need to get in the ring with the pros. When you beat them and have belt and others are writing about you, instead of you writing about you, then you can say you have great skill. If you beat up some chump on the street or the beach, it really means nothing in the world of people who have true fighting skills. Aren't you also suppose to compete in a up coming PL meet...what was more important his comment or making it to the meet?

You should journal....there's place your skills and knowledge could be shared and work to be a great influence....Much respect but....if you're not a pro fighting pros at the same level there's really nothing to talk about....you're really beating up chumps and idiots

bodyhard
07-07-2014, 05:07 PM
BH...real talk....If you want to know skill level you need to get in the ring with the pros. When you beat them and have belt and others are writing about you, instead of you writing about you, then you can say you have great skill. If you beat up some chump on the street or the beach, it really means nothing in the world of people who have true fighting skills. Aren't you also suppose to compete in a up coming PL meet...what was more important his comment or making it to the meet?

You should journal....there's place your skills and knowledge could be shared and work to be a great influence....Much respect but....if you're not a pro fighting pros at the same level there's really nothing to talk about....you're really beating up chumps and idiots

I hear ya man and I respect and understand where you are coming from. The thing is when I was younger I thought about boxing on the real, but my eyes (I am extremely blind -16 on the right and - 10 on the left) did not allow me.

And before I even thought about fighting it was not something I wanted to do, nor expected, it happen to me in the streets and just kept going on from there. I have fought in the ring to try it out and (most here wont believe me) but I did extremely well. Sh!t even the guys who were boxing for years commented on how good I was and that with proper training I would be a force to reckon with.

I also trained in Tae Kwon Do for some years and it did nothing for me when I fought in real life situations, in fact I almost got killed in an elevator (was stabbed several times) because I had no room to do anything I was taught.

I took up some Ju jitsu and that was much better, but all in all my street skills helped me the most.

I know my threads come across as bragging but in my everyday life when I talk to people about my fights they are just that, another fight I had.

I think the only person I have spoken to about my fighting in person that was taken aback about my love for fighting was a member here's boyfriend.

BlownStarfish
07-07-2014, 05:14 PM
That moment where you read "old man" look at Opie's age any realize he's 50, and im in 35+ section.

Looking good bro. Never would have guessed srs.

Byeeee

RT1957
07-07-2014, 05:17 PM
I hear ya man and I respect and understand where you are coming from. The thing is when I was younger I thought about boxing on the real, but my eyes (I am extremely blind -16 on the right and - 10 on the left) did not allow me.

And before I even thought about fighting it was not something I wanted to do, nor expected, it happen to me in the streets and just kept going on from there. I have fought in the ring to try it out and (most here wont believe me) but I did extremely well. Sh!t even the guys who were boxing for years commented on how good I was and that with proper training I would be a force to reckon with.

I also trained in Tae Kwon Do for some years and it did nothing for me when I fought in real life situations, in fact I almost got killed in an elevator (was stabbed several times) because I had no room to do anything I was taught.

I took up some Ju jitsu and that was much better, but all in all my street skills helped me the most.

I know my threads come across as bragging but in my everyday life when I talk to people about my fights they are just that, another fight I had.

I think the only person I have spoken to about my fighting in person that was taken aback about my love for fighting was a member here's boyfriend.

I get you lived in the hood....and it's different that lily white Leave to Beaver land....I've lived in both...Due there is no doubt you could kick my ass 10 times over. And I love boxing too, I wouldn't do it because I don 't like getting hit....i also get that there are people who do like combat...cool...that's why we have boxing and wrestling mma...etc.....All the training you have puts you at a steep advantage against the chumps and idiots...what if you killed one of those people?...what happens to your family,.....isn't the meet more important than his comment, your family intact...dude you're 50 not 15....with your abilities you should just laugh and walk away...but also you should realize if your that good others would be doing the writing....

Journalize your workouts and help those with the extreme lifting knowledge you have....use your skills for positives,....go back and teach martial arts....

eomrat
07-07-2014, 05:18 PM
I love boxing too, I wouldn't do it because I don 't like getting hit.....

?????

I am not sure the word "Boxing" means what you think it means.

Doug you never know man, I can learn a lot from from online folks man.

You know I have a black belt in E-Kung fu right? It is where I learn most of my fighting skills.

No worries, Man. I found an instructional video that one of these guys made. I think you should pay close attention. This aint no BS, this is real deadly, advanced Ninja type stuff.

pO7sFqtSBCw&feature=kp

bodyhard
07-07-2014, 05:24 PM
I get you lived in the hood....and it's different that lily white Leave to Beaver land....I've lived in both...Due there is no doubt you could kick my ass 10 times over. And I love boxing too, I wouldn't do it because I don 't like getting hit....i also get that there are people who do like combat...cool...that's why we have boxing and wrestling mma...etc.....All the training you have puts you at a steep advantage against the chumps and idiots...what if you killed one of those people?...what happens to your family,.....isn't the meet more important than his comment, your family intact...dude you're 50 not 15....with your abilities you should just laugh and walk away...but also you should realize if your that good others would be doing the writing....

Journalize your workouts and help those with the extreme lifting knowledge you have....use your skills for positives,....go back and teach martial arts....

Thanks for the positive vibe man, I really appreciate it.

I never really thought, nor do I think about the consequences following a fight and that is extremely dumb of me, but I would be the first to admit my way of thinking is really stupid. I think in all honesty I have gotten better over the years, I have been in some situations and I did nothing. I have posted some of those situations here and I get a lot of, "Damn John you are getting soft" LOL and know most here just view me as a joke and more than likely believe that my stories are made up and thats all good, I know I stay true to myself.

But again, thanks for the feedback and the suggestions.

bodyhard
07-07-2014, 05:26 PM
?

No worries, Man. I found an instructional video that one of these guys made. I think you should pay close attention. This aint no BS, this is real deadly, advanced Ninja type stuff.

pO7sFqtSBCw&feature=kp

Awesome find Doug, I am adding that to my library of self defense techniques!

eomrat
07-07-2014, 05:32 PM
Awesome find Doug, I am adding that to my library of self defense techniques!

Just be careful not to go 'round Ninja'n people what don't need Ninja'n

bodyhard
07-07-2014, 05:33 PM
Just be care not to go 'round Ninja'n people what don't need Ninja'n

Will do.

RT1957
07-07-2014, 05:35 PM
?????

Oh I get that you're not suppose to get hit and do the hitting....find me a boxer who hasn't been hit :)

Yeah me....How'd I do it...I stayed out of the ring......:p

Bo_Flecks
07-07-2014, 05:45 PM
I love boxing too, I wouldn't do it because I don 't like getting hit....

G2y8Sx4B2Sk

ChazWood
07-07-2014, 05:58 PM
I have been in some situations and I did nothing. I have posted some of those situations here and I get a lot of, "Damn John you are getting soft" LOL and know most here just view me as a joke and more than likely believe that my stories are made up and thats all good, I know I stay true to myself.

But again, thanks for the feedback and the suggestions.
For what it's worth, I don't think you're a joke. I think it's completely fuking stupid that you get in fights at your age, but that's your choice and hopefully it doesn't end up costing you more than you're willing to lose. That being said, I come here as part of my morning web-surfing routine; hoping for an entertaining Bodyhard story. This morning's story did not disappoint and it put a smile on my face while I drank my morning coffee; and helped me start my Monday - so thanks for that. All'z I ask is that if you're gonna keep fighting, please get some fuking ground skillz so you don't get mounted and pounded out next time!!! :)

GreenWave1
07-07-2014, 05:59 PM
Glad you're all right man. Hopefully the day never comes when you do get your ass beat. Good luck and God bless.

Old-Time-Lifter
07-07-2014, 06:08 PM
Glad you're all right man. Hopefully the day never comes when you do get your ass beat. Good luck and God bless.

The day will come. Nobody is unbeatable, I just hope when it happens John isn't in the morgue, but the sad truth is that's likely where he'll be.

silverlightning
07-07-2014, 06:22 PM
I can only imagine if BH was wearing a one piece body suit like JCVD in Lion Heart. WWJCVDD? was the ground and pound homophobic at all in your speedo? lmao.

bodyhard
07-07-2014, 06:30 PM
For what it's worth, I don't think you're a joke. I think it's completely fuking stupid that you get in fights at your age, but that's your choice and hopefully it doesn't end up costing you more than you're willing to lose. That being said, I come here as part of my morning web-surfing routine; hoping for an entertaining Bodyhard story. This morning's story did not disappoint and it put a smile on my face while I drank my morning coffee; and helped me start my Monday - so thanks for that. All'z I ask is that if you're gonna keep fighting, please get some fuking ground skillz so you don't get mounted and pounded out next time!!! :)

Chaz I am not sure it is a choice, I could be wrong, but I don't think I am.

For what is worth and I am keeping it real here, whether you believe me or not, I did NOT want to say anything, in my mind I said let it go like a hundred times, but something inside me did not.

I am not sure anyone who doesn't feel what i feel would ever comprehend that and I sure as hell don't know how to articulate it intelligently enough for others to understand.

silverlightning
07-07-2014, 06:35 PM
yesterday at my sister in laws community pool a man was tanning in a speedo. I didn't say anything in my mind or out loud as I've thought about tanning in a speedo........................in Europe lol, or my own private pool. a couple family members did chuckle out loud and then I got pissed cuz they said he sort looked like me LMAO. at least he walked to the rest rooms in shorts lol.

ajdahlheimer
07-07-2014, 06:41 PM
I just hope when it happens John isn't in the morgue, but the sad truth is that's likely where he'll be.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lta6br6HUo1qj0yuqo1_500.gif

Clamz
07-07-2014, 07:00 PM

For what is worth and I am keeping it real here, whether you believe me or not, I did NOT want to say anything, in my mind I said let it go like a hundred times, but something inside me did not.

I am not sure anyone who doesn't feel what i feel would ever comprehend that and I sure as hell don't know how to articulate it intelligently enough for others to understand.

I can relate to you, I got in a department store fist fight a few years back as a result of confronting a guy who intentionally walked through me looking for a fight. Hard to let someone disrespect you sometimes, though I know for myself it's a confidence issue. It's probably best to put yourself above a situation like that. For example if a 12 year old did that to you (or me) we'd just look at him and laugh or shake our heads. So when a grown man with the maturity of a 12 year old disrespects us, why not react the same way?

After the fight I got in, my elbow tendinitis flared up terribly to where I couldn't life even 15 lbs overhead, it felt like bone on bone, and that lasted 6 months. Not worth risking the quality of your life just to put a lowlife in check.

Another thing I think about is that there were 2 guys I was acquainted with in 2012, one guy worked at the grocery store I went to, the other worked at my job for a while. They each were in separate street fights within months of each other, and I'm sure expected a clean fight, each one was shot and killed. I try to be a little more cautious and passive now.

Grapplekick
07-07-2014, 07:08 PM
You need to train your ground skills/wrestling. You could sprawl to avoid the take down. If the takedown succeeds, you shrimp, get guard, and either work a submission or sweep to get in top position and work the ground and pound.

Brackneyc
07-07-2014, 07:28 PM
You need to train your ground skills/wrestling. You could sprawl to avoid the take down. If the takedown succeeds, you shrimp, get guard, and either work a submission or sweep to get in top position and work the ground and pound.

He needs to train his ground skills???? SMFH.

ChazWood
07-07-2014, 07:59 PM

With all due respect, you are wrong - you have a choice. I understand the "hood" mentality and the need to maintain your "cred" and not lose face (I watched the Wire), but times change and you need to adapt.

I was just looking back at your recent threads, trying to find a picture of you with a cherished family member to help make my point, but there are too many to choose from. The bottom line is that you have too much to lose by choosing to engage in such high-risk behavior. If you can't control yourself, you get help - I recommend exploring Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_behavioral_therapy)

As much as I'd miss being entertained by your fighting stories, I'd feel horrible for your family if something bad happened because of your actions. Besides, we'd still have your other entertaining threads and there's always CBB and his gifs... :)

so-tex
07-07-2014, 08:03 PM
I'm kind of laughing my ass of at this thread. Bodyhard came in here wondering if he has slowed down, you know, reflexes and what not. John, the answers is yes. You're not as quick as you were in your 20's to late 30', early 40's and so on. I will say, however, that you are probably faster than most general public. You posted a shadow boxing vid a year or two ago that was quite impressive.
I find it hilarious that some of these fuking mma wannabes coming in here to try to give you advice on how to fight.
I boxed in the golden gloves 9-15 years old, and unlike bodyhard, I have had my ass handed to me on several occasions.
BH was did the right thing when the guy had him down, by keeping the guy close to him. I wouldn't expect any less from a guy like him who has been raised on the streets, nor can I or anybody else here tell the man something he doesent already know. :)

Geoff Richards
07-07-2014, 08:13 PM
?????

pO7sFqtSBCw&feature=kp

eomrat,any idea why he leaves the pork chop out ?

frozensparky
07-07-2014, 08:20 PM
A lot of UFC fans in here lol. Does anybody stressing "GNP, sweeps, and submissions" realize that there are no rules in an actual fight. You will look so professional going for that armbar while the guy picks you up and slams you, or head buts you, eye gouges, or rubs dirt into your eyes (or in this case sand). I haven't seen many sweeps that will hold up if I guy grabs a handful of nuts and squeezes.

And let's not forget the guys friend, he stayed out of it but why would you want to be in a locked position on the ground with somebody where his friend could give you a quick boot to the head

Yes grappling is great in a cage with rules and for high level guys that can actualy snap on a sub quickly they'd probably hold up. But in a fight with no rules with untrained guys why would you want to go to the ground

Karl_Hungus
07-07-2014, 08:38 PM

Yes, because nobody with any ground skills has ever been taken down and found themselves in a bad position.

I
I find it hilarious that some of these fuking mma wannabes coming in here to try to give you advice on how to fight.

^^ This X 1000. These armchair fight experts come out of the freakin' woodwork whenever BH posts a fight thread. It is comical as hell. Apparently, watching a few UFC bouts, or rolling around on the floor with a bunch of other dudes in the missionary position makes you an e-expert on the art of street-fighting. LMAO!

jeffaus
07-07-2014, 08:47 PM
Suddenly being on your list doesn't seem all that impressive.Das it. I want off the list. I cant seriously be on the hit list of someone that wears budgie smugglers.

so-tex
07-07-2014, 08:51 PM
Das it. I want off the list. I cant seriously be on the hit list of someone that wears budgie smugglers.

You would be on my list if you didn't live so far away you Aussie bastard! You would probably kick my ass anyway, but I'm a glutton for punishment. :D

iabs
07-07-2014, 08:57 PM
Lmao is this a new copy pasta?

jeffaus
07-07-2014, 08:58 PM
John, maybe you could get this guy ^^^^ and Clamz to give you some pointers on how to fight. This guy seems to know about sweep techniques and BJJ and submissions and stuff. Sounds pretty advanced.^^^^^^^^^^^Good thing there's no sarcasm in this post, just like there's no sarcasm in this post vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

jeffaus
07-07-2014, 08:59 PM
Wax on Wax off

raynerd
07-07-2014, 09:21 PM
Awesome thread BH! I have a best friend who you remind me of. Doesn't take sh$t from anyone, and never hesitates to throw down. He has lost a couple over the years, but usually destroys his opponents. I always wished I had that killer instinct, it would have come in handy quite a few times in my life.

Hope you have a speedy recovery!

pvsampson
07-07-2014, 09:24 PM
A lot of UFC fans in here lol. Does anybody stressing "GNP, sweeps, and submissions" realize that there are no rules in an actual fight. You will look so professional going for that armbar while the guy picks you up and slams you, or head buts you, eye gouges, or rubs dirt into your eyes (or in this case sand). I haven't seen many sweeps that will hold up if I guy grabs a handful of nuts and squeezes.

This.

A mate of mine a few years back was notorious for nose biting,literally bite it off and spit it in their face.Another I knew always carried a coke can.When flattened it becomes an effective,sharp edged weapon.A patch wearer I knew wore large rings,one was a rhinoceros head and another a Triceratops head...they did some serious damage.

One thing about fights is you never know who you are facing or what tricks they have.Best to treat the opponent as if he is trying to kill you,that way you ALWAYS fight for your life.

Stay safe John.

jeffaus
07-07-2014, 09:35 PM
You would be on my list if you didn't live so far away you Aussie bastard! You would probably kick my ass anyway, but I'm a glutton for punishment. :DI like to think of myself as an aggressive pacifist; ie, I aggressively avoid physical confrontation. I would be honoured to be on your list ( unless you wear budgie smugglers ).

so-tex
07-07-2014, 09:42 PM
I like to think of myself as an aggressive pacifist; ie, I aggressively avoid physical confrontation. I would be honoured to be on your list ( unless you wear budgie smugglers ).

I would let you string me up and kick me in the balls if you would make me a vegamite sammich afterwards.

so-tex
07-07-2014, 09:46 PM
This.

A mate of mine a few years back was notorious for nose biting,literally bite it off and spit it in their face.Another I knew always carried a coke can.When flattened it becomes an effective,sharp edged weapon.A patch wearer I knew wore large rings,one was a rhinoceros head and another a Triceratops head...they did some serious damage.

One thing about fights is you never know who you are facing or what tricks they have.Best to treat the opponent as if he is trying to kill you,that way you ALWAYS fight for your life.

Stay safe John.

Hey Pete, hope all is going well. :)
Typical Aussies. Y'all can do more with less and are very creative when it comes to survival.

virtualbrian
07-08-2014, 08:19 AM

And let's not forget the guys friend, he stayed out of it but why would you want to be in a locked position on the ground with somebody where his friend could give you a quick boot to the head

Yes grappling is great in a cage with rules and for high level guys that can actualy snap on a sub quickly they'd probably hold up. But in a fight with no rules with untrained guys why would you want to go to the ground

I think it's pretty obvious that BH didn't want to go to the ground. The fact is, the fight ended up on the ground. My only point when I suggested learning some BJJ was to be prepared. I mean, if you're going to choose to fight then you'd better be prepared right? That includes carrying some weapons of your own if your choose. BH said that his only defense when he was on the ground was to hold the guy close to minimize the amount of damage he could do. At this point, he's screwed. A sweep to reverse his position and escape to standing would have been a great option had he known a good sweep technique.

ajdahlheimer
07-08-2014, 08:23 AM
I think it's pretty obvious that BH didn't want to go to the ground.

You know why it's obvious? Cuz BH fkn said that.

These guys are shooting on you just to get a reaction, brah. Don't waste your time explaining anything........

ChazWood
07-08-2014, 08:28 AM
I think it's pretty obvious that BH didn't want to go to the ground. The fact is, the fight ended up on the ground. My only point when I suggested learning some BJJ was to be prepared. I mean, if you're going to choose to fight then you'd better be prepared right? That includes carrying some weapons of your own if your choose. BH said that his only defense when he was on the ground was to hold the guy close to minimize the amount of damage he could do. At this point, he's screwed. A sweep to reverse his position and escape to standing would have been a great option had he known a good sweep technique.
Are u fking serious?

If you're trolling, I take my virtual hat off to you...

virtualbrian
07-08-2014, 10:47 AM
Are u fking serious?

If you're trolling, I take my virtual hat off to you...

Enlighten me.

frozensparky
07-08-2014, 11:13 AM
That includes carrying some weapons of your own if your choose.

You can't be serious here right. That is the easiest way to turn a simple desk appearance into a major life changing mistake. I'm not talking about self defense but suggesting if you choose to fight, carry a weapon, that's just plain foolish.

BH said that his only defense when he was on the ground was to hold the guy close to minimize the amount of damage he could do. At this point, he's screwed. A sweep to reverse his position and escape to standing would have been a great option had he known a good sweep technique.

I'll say that my original point was aimed more at the people suggesting he go in for some ground and pound. But the fact that their in sand, the guy was heavier than BH and he was possibly tired I would say holding a guy close to avoid damage is the choice that had to be made regardless of having a good sweep technique. Other than highly trained guys not many could sweep a guy heavier than them in the sand after throwing hands and taking some heavy body shots.

dazlittle
07-08-2014, 12:56 PM
Today is a good day, I have just realised that Lance Armstrong has won the Tour de France the same amount of times as me and I have lost less fights than bodyguard!

acrawlingchaos
07-08-2014, 01:06 PM
Are u fking serious?

If you're trolling, I take my virtual hat off to you...Are you? I don't know about you bro... but I always keep a dagger strapped to my thigh, nunchucks tucked in my speedo and a watchful eye to my surroundings while I'm greased up on the beach.

raynerd
07-08-2014, 01:25 PM
Are you? I don't know about you bro... but I always keep a dagger strapped to my thigh, nunchucks tucked in my speedo and a watchful eye to my surroundings while I'm greased up on the beach.

Lol

ChazWood
07-08-2014, 02:12 PM
Are you? I don't know about you bro... but I always keep a dagger strapped to my thigh, nunchucks tucked in my speedo and a watchful eye to my surroundings while I'm greased up on the beach.
haha! I have a joke about nunchucks in speedos but I'll refrain as I'm already in the doghouse.

Speaking of greased up, I'm reminded of what I consider to be the best, most gruesome fight scene ever shot on film. It's from Deadwood, season 3 and is not for the faint of heart. One of the combatants, Dan, greases himself up before the fight which I assume makes him harder to get a hold of...

xeS6y6mbUzY

Old-Time-Lifter
07-08-2014, 03:53 PM
The only comment I'll make is that whereas John is now believing that the sand slowed him down, you all must understand that it also slowed down the guys rush. And as pointed out being in sand and having somebody on top of you is pretty bad news, compounded by the guy being larger as well.

ajdahlheimer
07-08-2014, 04:29 PM
His rush was an action though. Not a reaction. So he had time to dig in and get some better footing than BH IMO.

Old-Time-Lifter
07-08-2014, 05:18 PM
His rush was an action though. Not a reaction. So he had time to dig in and get some better footing than BH IMO.

Not really, he still would have had the sand giving behind him and his rush would have been slowed down as a result. Blocking or avoiding is always a reaction and therefore your distinction isn't of any consequence. Besides it sounds like he was down and had to rise and then rush.

Geoff Richards
07-08-2014, 05:43 PM
I knew a girl that was a good fighter

she couldn't wrestle but you should see her box :eek:

ajdahlheimer
07-08-2014, 06:15 PM
I knew a girl that was a good fighter

Yeah but sand in that can also affect reaction time, brah. :D

bradandblake
07-08-2014, 06:18 PM
I've never been in a fight. Ever. Therefore I have nothing to add except I like to watch fights. So next time, video damn it.

so-tex
07-08-2014, 06:19 PM
i knew a girl that was a good fighter

Roflmao :D
Somebody rep Geoff. I'm in spread.
:p

Nikonguy
07-08-2014, 06:26 PM
Roflmao :D
Somebody rep Geoff. I'm in spread.
:p done

ajdahlheimer
07-08-2014, 06:36 PM
If you guys wanna know what a sandy vagina feels like.........ask Chaz........

keyboardworkout
07-08-2014, 06:37 PM
Found video of one of BH's earlier fights. Still looking for this most recent fight.

Es-B10Rfi30

so-tex
07-08-2014, 06:40 PM
done

Thanks.

ChazWood
07-08-2014, 08:19 PM
If you guys wanna know what a sandy vagina feels like.........ask Chaz........
http://i.imgur.com/9ST7uCU.gif

bodyhard
07-08-2014, 08:24 PM
I don't want to diss anyone as I do not know who here has been in a real street fight and who is just talking out of their ass, but I just want to say, if you never been in a real street fight it is nothing like a pro/cage/boxing/mma fight, nothing.

I am sitting here actually laughing out loud at some of the f'cking ridiculous comments made here.

ajdahlheimer
07-09-2014, 05:01 AM
... if you never been in a real street fight it is nothing like a pro/cage/boxing/mma fight, nothing.

The odds of being in a street fight (fight on the strip, bar/club, party, beach, etc) are a lot greater than in some kind of sanctioned event for most people, so my guess is if they've never been in a street fight--they've never been in any kind of fight.

bodyhard
07-09-2014, 05:13 AM
The odds of being in a street fight (fight on the strip, bar/club, party, beach, etc) are a lot greater than in some kind of sanctioned event for most people, so my guess is if they've never been in a street fight--they've never been in any kind of fight.

Good point.

But also more people take up some kind of self defense and truly have no idea what it is like in a real life situation.

FYI I posted two BOR videos for you on the other thread. I hope they help.

Geneius365
07-09-2014, 07:42 AM
What did you learn from this?

Next time would you just keep walking and be the better man?

I never got my ass kicked but i have gotten in ALOT of trouble for fighting and it cost me a lot of $. Lesson learned for me. Only time i will fight again is if my family is in jeopardy. Hope you feel better man.

ajdahlheimer
07-09-2014, 07:51 AM
Catskill bros and Bronx peeps have to hate each other, right? It's a law?

:D

mslman71
07-09-2014, 10:36 AM
Not to be a dick, but this post you wrote in another thread:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162856561&p=1265998241&viewfull=1#post1265998241

Do you wonder/know if this is how your wife feels hearing about these fights?

vienbra
07-09-2014, 10:53 AM
Getting into a fight with two youthes at 50 years old? Are you the local crazy guy just coming out of a mid-life crisis here or something?

Brackneyc
07-09-2014, 10:54 AM
Getting into a fight with two youthes at 50 years old? Are you the local crazy guy just coming out of a mid-life crisis here or something?

Two what?

bodyhard
07-09-2014, 11:22 AM
Not to be a dick, but this post you wrote in another thread:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162856561&p=1265998241&viewfull=1#post1265998241

Do you wonder/know if this is how your wife feels hearing about these fights?

You are not being a dick man, just stating your opinion, I don't knock anyone for speaking their mind..

As an FYI, Patty has been telling me how she feels about my fighting since we started back in 1981 and yes she worries and yes she hates it, that goes to show you how f'cking dumb I am when it comes to this aspect of my life.

Anyone who has met Patty she will tell them how she hates the fact that I am quick to fight. Just ask FLEX how she told him to please not tell me about a guy who was messing with her (FLEX took care of it for me, props to him) when we were in Atlantic City.

KENKONG
07-09-2014, 11:43 AM
Two what?

yootes :D

Cass40
07-09-2014, 11:53 AM

My Cousin Vinny! :)

Cass40
07-09-2014, 12:29 PM
You are not being a dick man, just stating your opinion, I don't knock anyone for speaking their mind..

As an FYI, Patty has been telling me how she feels about my fighting since we started back in 1981 and yes she worries and yes she hates it, that goes to show you how f'cking dumb I am when it comes to this aspect of my life.

Anyone who has met Patty she will tell them how she hates the fact that I am quick to fight. Just ask FLEX how she told him to please not tell me about a guy who was messing with her (FLEX took care of it for me, props to him) when we were in Atlantic City.

I wouldn't be able to handle someone hitting my husband.

Honestly, I'd rather have someone beat me up than see my husband hurt. I can handle being in pain myself but I can't handle seeing the ones I love, suffer.

I can relate to what Patty feels about not telling you, too. Somebody was following me two nights in a row when I was walking back from the gym. I just can't tell him cause he would worry so much, and I don't want him to worry. I did tell some other guys, though. Is that bad?

bodyhard
07-09-2014, 12:43 PM
I wouldn't be able to handle someone hitting my husband.

Honestly, I'd rather have someone beat me up than see my husband hurt. I can handle being in pain myself but I can't handle seeing the ones I love, suffer.

I can relate to what Patty feels about not telling you, too. Somebody was following me two nights in a row when I was walking back from the gym. I just can't tell him cause he would worry so much, and I don't want him to worry. I did tell some other guys, though. Is that bad?

Hell yeah that is bad....Don't ever let him find out you told another man and not him.

At least for me, but then again men these days are not really men.

Old-Time-Lifter
07-09-2014, 12:44 PM

Is that racist?

Old-Time-Lifter
07-09-2014, 12:45 PM
Hell yeah that is bad....Don't ever let him find out you told another man and not him.

But you just mentioned Flex and Patty????

Cass40
07-09-2014, 12:49 PM

I know right?? But they have a business there on my way, I walk past them every single day. So I stopped, and they were like why are you stopping? (cause the car was following). But yeah, he would not be o.k with that :(
I was thinking avoiding walking by myself at nights anymore.

bodyhard
07-09-2014, 12:49 PM
But you just mentioned Flex and Patty????

FLEX was there when it happen, my wife just said please don't tell John because the guy was still there and she knew I would have put him in the hospital..

Once the night was over and the guy was gone Patty told me.

If a guy was following Patty and she opted to tell another guy about if AFTER the fact (meaning the guy was not there) and not me that would piss me off especially if the guy is not a friend of mine.

KENKONG
07-09-2014, 12:50 PM
My Cousin Vinny! :)

:)

Is that racist?

Only if you're under 35 ;)

bodyhard
07-09-2014, 12:52 PM
I know right?? But they have a business there on my way, I walk past them every single day. So I stopped, and they were like why are you stopping? (cause the car was following). But yeah, he would not be o.k with that :(
I was thinking avoiding walking by myself at nights anymore.

Ohhh so the guy was there? Then that is fine, you have to do what you have to do.

I thought you meant you went home and then told a guy about it.

Cass40
07-09-2014, 12:56 PM
If a guy was following Patty and she opted to tell another guy about if AFTER the fact (meaning the guy was not there) and not me that would piss me off especially if the guy is not a friend of mine.

I don't have any personal relationships with other guys. It's just that they have a smoke shop, and I walk past them everyday. They said I could go through their store, they have a back door, so it would be safer. I could tell my husband that I told them. Only reason I'm not telling, is because he would worry.

SavageNerdz
07-09-2014, 01:00 PM

Depends on the guy in all honesty, take my father for example. If my stepmom told him someone was following her home and being a creep towards her, he'd break their face without a second thought and end up back in prison.

As for your fight you seem to be somewhat 'noble' i suppose the word would be, giving them a chance to call it quits, or get up and continue. Granted you stated you were smaller so i can understand why you didn't rush him on the ground, probably could have kicked the living crap out of him though.. After all, when you're fighting the only objective should be to win, regardless of how you win, a win is still a win. How big was this guy exactly?

Old-Time-Lifter
07-09-2014, 02:10 PM
Depends on the guy in all honesty, take my father for example. If my stepmom told him someone was following her home and being a creep towards her, he'd break their face without a second thought and end up back in prison.

As for your fight you seem to be somewhat 'noble' i suppose the word would be, giving them a chance to call it quits, or get up and continue. Granted you stated you were smaller so i can understand why you didn't rush him on the ground, probably could have kicked the living crap out of him though.. After all, when you're fighting the only objective should be to win, regardless of how you win, a win is still a win. How big was this guy exactly?

Did you miss the part about the guy having buddies with him? Doing what you're suggesting could have easily caused them to jump into the fray...

Brackneyc
07-09-2014, 02:34 PM
If my stepmom told him someone was following her home and being a creep towards her, he'd break their face without a second thought and end up back in prison.

Seems counterproductive to me. I mean, once he is back in prison, she is far more vulnerable to creepers.

Old-Time-Lifter
07-09-2014, 02:37 PM
Seems counterproductive to me. I mean, once he is back in prison, she is far more vulnerable to creepers.

Don't go interjecting logic in here.

bodyhard
07-09-2014, 02:42 PM

About 5'11" 220 - 230lbs maybe.

I don't have any personal relationships with other guys. It's just that they have a smoke shop, and I walk past them everyday. They said I could go through their store, they have a back door, so it would be safer. I could tell my husband that I told them. Only reason I'm not telling, is because he would worry.

Understood. But I would still tell him.

demsaylal
07-10-2014, 02:50 PM
Are you going to keep getting into fights?

Old-Time-Lifter
07-10-2014, 02:59 PM

Is the Pope Catholic?

bodyhard
07-10-2014, 03:10 PM
I got wind that this guy was talking about the fight at a club where one of my sons boy hangs out at.

So I might just get my opportunity to fight this guy again on solid ground.

Old-Time-Lifter
07-10-2014, 03:39 PM
I got wind that this guy was talking about the fight at a club where one of my sons boy hangs out at.

So I might just get my opportunity to fight this guy again on solid ground.

Your grandson hangs out at a club?

And why worry about this guy anyways...

bodyhard
07-10-2014, 03:51 PM
Your grandson hangs out at a club?

And why worry about this guy anyways...

Noooooo LOL his boy, his peeps, his "friend" LOL OTL man you need to learn some street word dude :)

Because I don't know for sure if I won, I know silly for you, but means a lot to me.

I know I had him beat when he was down I could have done more damage easily, but I didn't so that is neither here nor there.

Then when he had me down he could have done some serious damage, but the f'cking cops came, so that neither here nor there.

Old-Time-Lifter
07-10-2014, 04:42 PM
Noooooo LOL his boy, his peeps, his "friend" LOL OTL man you need to learn some street word dude :)

Because I don't know for sure if I won, I know silly for you, but means a lot to me.

I know I had him beat when he was down I could have done more damage easily, but I didn't so that is neither here nor there.

Then when he had me down he could have done some serious damage, but the f'cking cops came, so that neither here nor there.

okay, so one of your sons has a friend who overheard this guy talking about the fight... gotcha.

I understand that it's eating you up, BUT what if the guy pulls a knife the next time? Also his body shots were seriously getting your attention on sand where not only was his poor footing cutting some of the power but your footing as loose as it was transferred part of the impact back into the sand. In other words this guy has some serious slugging power, you sure you want to risk that? And if you do you might want to at least wait until you get done with the PL'ing meet, it's hard to pull a decent dead with busted ribs.

Leave it lay John, no good will come out of purposefully hunting this guy down.

bodyhard
07-10-2014, 05:29 PM
okay, so one of your sons has a friend who overheard this guy talking about the fight... gotcha.

I understand that it's eating you up, BUT what if the guy pulls a knife the next time? Also his body shots were seriously getting your attention on sand where not only was his poor footing cutting some of the power but your footing as loose as it was transferred part of the impact back into the sand. In other words this guy has some serious slugging power, you sure you want to risk that? And if you do you might want to at least wait until you get done with the PL'ing meet, it's hard to pull a decent dead with busted ribs.

Leave it lay John, no good will come out of purposefully hunting this guy down.

OTL everything you just described makes it all that much more meaningful man.

I fear no man nor do I ever feel I will lose, I respect each person fighting ability and never take them for granted. So while I respect his power I know my power is nothing to take lightly.

I am not going to hunt him down, but at the very least now that I know where he is at I can get the word out that I would like to finish what we started.

Mindi912
07-10-2014, 06:08 PM
Bruises yes, cracked ribs I hope not. I don't think so but it hurts when I take a deep breath.

Not much you can do for cracked ribs any way

ajdahlheimer
07-10-2014, 07:29 PM

Does Chaz bang fat chicks?

Old-Time-Lifter
07-10-2014, 08:53 PM
Not much you can do for cracked ribs any way

Broken ribs are what ultimately caused my Dad's death.

Cass40
07-10-2014, 10:03 PM
Understood. But I would still tell him.

I told him everything. The creep was there again tonight.
I'm glad I told him, and he's coming with me tomorrow.

Fishman15
07-10-2014, 10:09 PM

Good for you Cass. This isn't something to take lightly and your hubby would be sick if something happened to you that he could have tried to prevent. Good decision tonight...

vakrka
07-11-2014, 04:07 AM
Havent been in a fight since high school......just saying

Simpske
07-11-2014, 04:38 AM
Hows the healing going? You 100 again?

bodyhard
07-11-2014, 06:16 AM
Hows the healing going? You 100 again?

If I sneeze (I found that out the hardway lol) my ribs hurt, but other than that I am feeling around 90%. I did shoulders last night and I felt OK.

Simpske
07-11-2014, 06:21 AM
You should be ok for round 2 then should the opportunity arise.

bodyhard
07-11-2014, 06:28 AM

Ohhh I did not see this

Let me know how it goes.

You should be ok for round 2 then should the opportunity arise.

Yup yup.

ajdahlheimer
07-11-2014, 06:29 AM
Hey BH--does your instant fight reaction ever translate to bad road rage? Serious question...

GreenWave1
07-11-2014, 06:33 AM

Good luck. I hope he gets the message.

bodyhard
07-11-2014, 06:34 AM
Hey BH--does your instant fight reaction ever translate to bad road rage? Serious question...

Do you mean if I am aggressive behind the wheel? If so no not at all.

But I have gotten into situations, one where I actually got out of my car because the guy spit at me and I must have punched him in the face like 8 - 10 times while he was rolling up the window.

ajdahlheimer
07-11-2014, 06:46 AM
But I have gotten into situations, one where I actually got out of my car because the guy spit at me and I must have punched him in the face like 8 - 10 times while he was rolling up the window.

Yeah, that is road rage. Maybe it is more of a mid-western term. Peeps who get it real bad will beat the **** out of someone for something as little as cutting them off. I had an incident with another motorist and the dude called the cops on me and said I brandished a gun on him while behind the wheel. Nothing like getting pulled over in front of a high school by 3 squads with their pistols all drawn. (Obviously I didn't have a gun).

Old-Time-Lifter
07-11-2014, 06:56 AM

You don't obviously understand the 'quarter' references on here do you?

ajdahlheimer
07-11-2014, 07:00 AM
You don't obviously understand the 'quarter' references on here do you?

I actually don't recall coming across that in a post here or just overlooked it? What is it?

mikieson
07-11-2014, 08:21 AM
BH..I respect you for your bouncing back from your wreck..for killing in the gym..and for living life your way..I don't care for your hot head..mouthy..looking for trouble..school boy fights..and telling it online daily..and I dont understand how my whining is worse..lol..no disrespect just different ways of seeing things..I'm going to be 43 soon and still never been in a fight. Its better to be the bigger man I think. Plenty of times I could have fought..but used better judgement...be safe..you not 20 anymore.

bodyhard
07-11-2014, 08:25 AM
BH..I respect you for your bouncing back from your wreck..for killing in the gym..and for living life your way..I don't care for your hot head..mouthy..looking for trouble..school boy fights..and telling it online daily..and I dont understand how my whining is worse..lol..no disrespect just different ways of seeing things..I'm going to be 43 soon and still never been in a fight. Its better to be the bigger man I think. Plenty of times I could have fought..but used better judgement...be safe..you not 20 anymore.

Your whining is not worse, your disrespecting people on a bodybuilding site is worse.