PDA

View Full Version : What are some foods/things you simply won't give up?

CropDusterMan
07-07-2014, 06:34 AM
Hey gang. I have really overhauled my life in the past six months when it comes to diet and training, and the results are
really coming along nicely. My old speedskating coach once told me..."Don't make sacrifices, make changes".

As I prepared my coffee this morning, I added my small amount of half and half and bit of sugar...
it's the one thing I haven't given up...(I know the caloric benefits of half and half and sugar are not good).

I used to drink two beers an evening after work, enjoy ice cream, large dinners, Doritos on the beach and lots of chips and
guacamole. Drinking is gone-don't even miss it, no desire to eat ice cream now, and my wife and I are super into eating healthy
meals of smaller portions. I weigh my foods now, (never thought I would!) and have really got into cooking and preparing
our food.

For me, it's the half and half in my coffee...coffee without it is just depressing. Ultimately, with the gains I've made and weight I've lost,
it isn't a big deal....but I got to thinking....

What won't you give up?

1fapalldey
07-07-2014, 06:35 AM
Hamburgers and Chinese food I'm a sucker for both of these

cowboybiker
07-07-2014, 06:57 AM
IIFYM

Coffee, bacon, steak...

silverlightning
07-07-2014, 07:31 AM
unless you're in contest prep and trying to get to 4 or 5% body fat, and for health reasons, or extremely obese, no foods are off limits. I'm not really a big food person anyways.

Jtbny
07-07-2014, 07:43 AM
Peanut butter.

When dieting I always make room for it and when I'm not dieting I eat too much of it :(

Cass40
07-07-2014, 08:46 AM
Well I don't have to give up anything if I'm following IIFYM but I always eat at least: coffee, banana, yogurt, and bread.

tobymax123
07-07-2014, 09:01 AM
Chips with salsa and guacamole. I made fresh pico de gallo and guac this weekend with produce from our garden and the farmers market. They were super healthy... until you count all the chips that are consumed with them.

frozensparky
07-07-2014, 09:14 AM
IIFYM for the win

Ice cream, chocolate, bacon, Chinese food, pizza, peanut butter, butter, pie, nachos, French fries, hot dogs, hamburgers, mayo, cheese

I just eat them in much smaller amounts.

Nikonguy
07-07-2014, 09:24 AM
The Rules of Ice Cream

-Ice cream is the best food invented that doesn't have to be grilled.
-It's NOT required that ice cream be bought.
-Ice cream CAN be bought any time without any reason.
-If ice cream IS bought there are no wrong times to eat said ice cream.
-If somebody gets butt hurt because we are out of ice cream too bad, she really doesn't like ice cream enough.

:cool:

sy2502
07-07-2014, 10:07 AM
Coffee with creamer. Kill me, maim me, but I am having it.

Fishman15
07-07-2014, 01:57 PM
Peanut butter.

When dieting I always make room for it and when I'm not dieting I eat too much of it :(

This^^^without a doubt....

mcbourque
07-07-2014, 02:05 PM
IIFYM crew checking in :)
I pretty much brought everything back in my diet: butter, cheese, white bread, chips, cake, etc.

Getting my skinny cow ice cream sandwich every day on this cut :)

One thing I don't miss is all the silly diet food I used to eat: fake butter, fat free cheese, diet salad dressing, fat free mayo, diet cookies, all kinds of sports bar, lean cuisine... Eek! That stuff was terrible.

Much prefer eating wholesome and real food and make it fit :)

eomrat
07-07-2014, 02:56 PM
I refuse to give up:

Bourbon
Arbys Roast Beef sandwiches
Pizza
Beer
Pecan pie
Fried Pork Chops
Fried Chicken
All Mexican food
Moo Shu Pork
Cheese Cake
Waffle House Waffles (or anything else at Waffle House)
All Italian food
Real Brats when I can get them
Pretty much any other German food
Chik fil a
The stadium style hotdogs that the dude out in front of Lowes sells
My wifes Chicken and Dumplings
anything else my wife makes
Anything my Mother makes
Anything my daughter makes
Bite sized Snickers
Bryers Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream
Potato Salad
Bisquits and Gravy
Bacon
Sausage

Basically, I just refuse to give up.

Old-Time-Lifter
07-07-2014, 03:00 PM
Gotta agree on the Pecan Pie. Thank God my wife never makes pie or I'd be screwed..........

Oceanside
07-07-2014, 03:01 PM
Real Brats when I can get them

any dude that gives up brats because he's "watching his figure" should shove a tampon up his cooter and turn in his man card !

SP1966
07-07-2014, 03:07 PM
A quick scan and not one person has listed Balut. Odd.

eomrat
07-07-2014, 03:12 PM

in before NorwichGrad.

Brackneyc
07-07-2014, 03:12 PM
Popcorn. Everything else is negotiable. srs

CropDusterMan
07-07-2014, 03:18 PM

Well, most of us don't live in the Philippines..LOL.

latebloomingmom
07-07-2014, 04:26 PM
Coffee with creamer. Kill me, maim me, but I am having it.amen sister :)

mcbourque
07-07-2014, 04:29 PM
Gotta agree on the Pecan Pie. Thank God my wife never makes pie or I'd be screwed..........

Pecan Pie! Did someone say Pecan Pie? What! Where?

cowboybiker
07-07-2014, 05:29 PM
And in case any of you were unaware, I like cookies.

And chocolate milk.

djflex
07-07-2014, 05:56 PM
Beer...

cowboybiker
07-07-2014, 06:00 PM
Beer...
Kinda disappointed that chocolate milk wasn't on your extensive list.

djflex
07-07-2014, 06:06 PM
Kinda disappointed that chocolate milk wasn't on your extensive list.

Good point!

I also would like to add chocolate milk.

cowboybiker
07-07-2014, 06:10 PM
Good point!

I also would like to add chocolate milk.
No longer disappointed

djflex
07-07-2014, 06:14 PM
No longer disappointed

Lol, the other day i went to the store right after my lift to get a chocolate milk for my protein shake. I grabbed a 1% instead of the whole chocolate milk. It was terrible.

In that story i disappointed myself..

Phattso
07-07-2014, 06:23 PM
Dark chocolate.

cowboybiker
07-07-2014, 06:32 PM
Lol, the other day i went to the store right after my lift to get a chocolate milk for my protein shake. I grabbed a 1% instead of the whole chocolate milk. It was terrible.

In that story i disappointed myself..

I hate that.
I had to buy some when it was my only choice.
I was so disappointed that I ranted on Facebook.

GuyJin
07-07-2014, 06:33 PM

In that story i wet my pants...

:eek:

:D

yogachic52
07-07-2014, 06:35 PM
And in case any of you were unaware, I like cookies.

And chocolate milk.

Together? Yum ;)

cowboybiker
07-07-2014, 06:36 PM
:eek:

:D
World class author.

:rolleyes:

:p

yogachic52
07-07-2014, 06:37 PM
I eat whatever the hell I want to eat.......but I really LOVE chocolate (80% cacao, or higher), wine and steak......not necessarily in that order ;)

cowboybiker
07-07-2014, 06:39 PM
Together? Yum ;)

Stick fork in cream center of Oreo.
Get the full dunk experience without getting chocolate milk on your fingers.

Thank me later.

Fishman15
07-07-2014, 07:11 PM
Pecan Pie! Did someone say Pecan Pie? What! Where?

Pecan anything...off limits

SwackJackD
07-07-2014, 07:33 PM
I gave up on 99% of the chit i loved like fries, bread, pizza, ice cream and pasta. once in a blue moon i have some pizza, bread, ice cream and fries but since i started this chit three years ago i have not touched a bowl of pasta.

I used to drink coffee 3x a day, I was addicted but now i switched to green tea. I drink coffee every now and then. that chit raises my anxiety levels and makes my head itchy af and my hair falls out.

GuyJin
07-07-2014, 07:34 PM
World class author.

---

This one is different. This one has intelligence and can recognize genius.

This one shall be given chocolate milk unconditionally and without reserve.

:)

jeffaus
07-07-2014, 10:04 PM
I only lift weights so I can continue to eat whatever I want.

That's right, you heard it here first. LIFTING is all about EATING.

Cass40
07-07-2014, 10:21 PM
For me it's anything sweet.

I love pastries, chocolate, cake, donuts....if it has sugar, I'll eat it.

crupiea
07-07-2014, 10:25 PM
Funny that most obese people refuse to change their diets like somehow kraft mac and cheese and hot dogs are something worth dying for.

For me, I dont eat anything processed or fashionable so I dont care what studies or Dr Oz says about certain foods. i know my body best and know how I respond to certain foods so will do what I want when I want to do it.

The things that come to mind would be coffee and eggs. Love both.

recently I have developed a problem with bread so i dropped that and I feel better so I guess i did give it up but not because someone wanted me to.

SteveWright1
07-08-2014, 04:00 AM
Pizza
KFC Zinger tower burgers
chocolate biscuits
Chocolate milk

not as often or as much as I used to and maybe not all on the same day ( I say maybe, but if its a very good day, then possibly)

vakrka
07-09-2014, 06:46 PM
Pbj
I use natty pb whole wheat bread and sugar free jelly to make myself think it is ok

Still almost 500 calories

EjnarKolinkar
07-09-2014, 08:35 PM
I'm not giving up any foods, nobody likes a quitter.

mikieson
07-09-2014, 09:31 PM
Honestly I won't give up any food I like. Our bodies should be able to handle what we eat as long as its not over stuffing our faces.. If our bodies can't..then early death is fine with me..I know 110% I'm going to have a stroke in the next 5 years..ive lived a good fun life.raised two good smart kids and have been married 21 years. No real life enemies..never been in a fight.. No drugs..alcohol.. no smoking..with only one woman my whole life..so I can totally die happy.

Karl_Hungus
07-09-2014, 09:35 PM
I know 110% I'm going to have a stroke in the next 5 years..ive lived a good fun life...... I can totally die happy.

Happy life? Your entire time here, you have posted about how miserable you are, and how much your life sucks. How is that a "good fun life"?

kimm4
07-09-2014, 09:39 PM
I won't give up anything because there's no need to. I can make any food work in my plan.

OzChops
07-09-2014, 10:50 PM
I won't give up anything because there's no need to. I can make any food work in my plan.

/thread.

paolo59
07-09-2014, 11:01 PM
I'm one of those skinny little mother's. It doesn't seem to matter what I eat, in whatever quantity. I thought as I got older I'd start to 'pack on some pounds.' Ha! Not so. I eat whatever, whenever. But one thing I do love...corn crunch! I can be awake at 3:00 in the morning and I've got to pop out for some Fritos! I've got a wonderful little cast iron skillet, just the size for a corn tortilla sliced in quarters. I'll baby and watch over fried corn tortillas 'til I've got a bucket full! :) A little 'pico de gallo,' or hot sauce. It is absolute heaven. I hear Corn was a 'New World' food! New World, bring it on! :)

Dr0Scott
07-10-2014, 04:02 AM
Steak and milk are a must for me. Most other things are optional, but looking at the iifym; something I found out for myself many years ago when I couldnt physically eat anymore clean food each day, I'll be enjoying all the pastries and cakes I can fit into my weekly macros :)

Whiskeyjack
07-10-2014, 04:38 AM
Beer...

And dark rum.

GuyJin
07-10-2014, 06:47 AM
Honestly I won't give up any food I like. Our bodies should be able to handle what we eat as long as its not over stuffing our faces.. If our bodies can't..then early death is fine with me..I know 110% I'm going to have a stroke in the next 5 years..ive lived a good fun life.raised two good smart kids and have been married 21 years. No real life enemies..never been in a fight.. No drugs..alcohol.. no smoking..with only one woman my whole life..so I can totally die happy.
---

Out of all the stupid posts you've made, this ranks right up there in the top ten.

I pity the hospital that has to take care of you.

:(

bradandblake
07-10-2014, 07:13 AM
Bananas

Cass40
07-10-2014, 07:28 AM
Bananas

Yup, me too.

I have to have a banana first thing in the morning. And coffee.

Rajon25
07-10-2014, 07:31 AM
~snip~

For me, it's the half and half in my coffee...coffee without it is just depressing. Ultimately, with the gains I've made and weight I've lost,
it isn't a big deal....but I got to thinking....

What won't you give up?

Coffee + protein powder + 1 tbl coconut oil + 1 tbl grass fed butter + blend 2 minutes = frothy deliciousness. Even better than half&half but far better for you. Skip the butter if you want but this combo has replaced breakfast for me and I have more energy and last till lunch.

Like you said - don't make sacrifices, make changes

FltDoc06
07-10-2014, 07:46 AM
Coffee with creamer. Kill me, maim me, but I am having it.

Me, too. It's only 40 calories, and worth it!

beachguy498
07-10-2014, 07:52 AM
I only lift weights so I can continue to eat whatever I want.

That's right, you heard it here first. LIFTING is all about EATING.

Food = fuel. I have had my best lifts on bulks. I eat pretty much anything, but avoid processed foods and fast food. I've cut down from my normal summer beer intake of 30-40 a week down to about 20.