PDA

View Full Version : Another day, anther trip to Baltimore.

Corbi
07-06-2014, 04:20 PM
3rd trip out there in the past 6 weeks or so for work. Hopefully everything is good to go so we can sign off on this project and move forward. Looking forward to some more crab dip and Pit BBQ beef.

Arnoldfan01
07-06-2014, 04:50 PM
I just got back from there,usually in Elliott city, and ....fayette square.
Still haven't been to the inner harbor

SillieBazzillie
07-07-2014, 11:38 AM
You should take in an Orioles game while you're here. The ballpark is great.

Also, curious if you have a more or less favorable impression of the city than when you first came. I think that folks not from here generally have the impression that Bmore is supremely dirty and unsafe.

I can give you some restaurant recommendations if you're interested.

ajdahlheimer
07-07-2014, 11:42 AM
Watch out for Ray Lewis.........

:D

mslman71
07-07-2014, 12:05 PM
My favorite part of Maryland was crossing into Virginia.

NOVACommute
07-07-2014, 12:50 PM

^^^ So much this ^^^

However, you may as well check out Medieval Times while you're there. There's one in the Baltimore burbs. I ventured over the river to go there once.

SillieBazzillie
07-07-2014, 01:51 PM

lol, Maryland's a beautiful state with a little bit of everything. Don't judge us solely on our extreme liberal leaders, high taxes, and crime-ridden city.

Brackneyc
07-07-2014, 03:03 PM
I'm in VA Beach until Thursday. We may move here.

VmissileX
07-07-2014, 03:08 PM
lol, Maryland's a beautiful state with a little bit of everything. Don't judge us solely on our extreme liberal leaders, high taxes, and crime-ridden city.

I have not seen a more dangerous city than baltimore in quite some time. I'm sure the suburbs aren't as bad. The inner harbor is great...but outside of that...wow things change in like a 2 minute radius/

Corbi
07-09-2014, 04:29 PM
However, you may as well check out Medieval Times while you're there. There's one in the Baltimore burbs. I ventured over the river to go there once.

Couldn't pay me enough $$$ to go there, went to the one in Schamburg Illinios yrs ago and despised it.

I have not seen a more dangerous city than baltimore in quite some time. I'm sure the suburbs aren't as bad. The inner harbor is great...but outside of that...wow things change in like a 2 minute radius/

Inner harbor is a great area and yes it does change drastically quickly. We actually stayed in Hunt Valley which is about 40 minutes north if you are riding the Soul Train, it's the last stop for the MART. Funny how a 10-15 mile trip takes that damn long.

Went to "An Pointin Stil" which is an Irish joint, great food and Guinness poured correctly. Nasty storm came thru, ripped off a small part of the roof, lost electric and yet the staff didn't flinch and kept on serving. Every table had candles so it was cool sitting there drinking and watching the storm rage.

Kiennor
07-09-2014, 07:18 PM

Those are just a few of the reasons I want to leave this state. Due to my job I'm limited as to where I can move. Over the Harry nice/Potomac river bridge is my best option. I could transfer to another plant in one of many other states but I would lose my seniority.