PDA

View Full Version : Gainers - tips?

Pdv92
07-05-2014, 09:59 AM
Hi,
recently I've found myself tired of the same diet, I'm having an hard time eating all the calories I should (not considering the money I'm spending).
I mean, today I opened the fridge to get my afternoon ham and I felt amost sick.

Other than, obviously, changing a bit the diet (even if it's harder than it seems...), would you suggest a weight gainer?
What are the cons of using it?

I mean, it's just a matter of calories, or is there some disadvantage at using it instead of solid foods?
Now I'm hitting 2800-2900 kcal per day, with just 150 from wheys. The rest is all solid food, too muuuuch :S

ironwill2008
07-05-2014, 10:52 AM
Hi,
recently I've found myself tired of the same diet, I'm having an hard time eating all the calories I should (not considering the money I'm spending).
I mean, today I opened the fridge to get my afternoon ham and I felt amost sick.

Other than, obviously, changing a bit the diet (even if it's harder than it seems...), would you suggest a weight gainer?
What are the cons of using it?

I mean, it's just a matter of calories, or is there some disadvantage at using it instead of solid foods?
Now I'm hitting 2800-2900 kcal per day, with just 150 from wheys. The rest is all solid food, too muuuuch :S

If you're asking about those giant plastic tubs of "weight gainer" powder sold by supp companies, most of them are little more than cheap milk protein and sugar, and with dubious country-of-origin of their ingredients. Not a good addition to any nutrition plan.

There is a wealth of information in the stickies and by use of this forum's 'search' function related to eating more-varied foods, more-calorie-dense foods, and even making your own 'gainer' shakes out of common, healthful ingredients.

If you still decide to go with the store-bought "gainer" powder, at least buy it from bbdot com; your $$$ will help keep the lights on over here in the forums.

Domicron
07-05-2014, 11:22 AM
cheeseburgers, dude.

ironwill2008
07-05-2014, 11:28 AM
cheeseburgers, dude.

Seriously, ^^^^ this. With lettuce, tomato, and mayo, it's a 'one-stop- shop' of bodybuilding nutrition.

GuinnessPower
07-05-2014, 11:29 AM
My mass gainer consists of the following: 2 scoops why 2 scoops oatmeal 1 teaspoon of peanut butter and 300ml full fat milk and teaspoon of flax seed which equates to roughly 950+ calories. I have this twice daily and it tastes delish and my gains keep coming.

Do not be afraid to experiment with fruit and other ingredients.

mrblobbybrah
07-05-2014, 11:30 AM
I recommend you eat protein and vegetables. Keep calories low and do some weights.

NGV22
07-05-2014, 11:35 AM
Keep calories low

lolwut OP is having hard time to even maintain his caloric intake

Pdv92
07-05-2014, 01:14 PM
Ehm yea, why low calories?
I'm trying to build a lean body yes, but I think that first I've to put some mass. Just few lbs more, not much.

I've an hard time putting weight though, so the options were either to raise the amounts of macro in my diet or get some kind of gainer to add those few calories more I'd need