PDA

View Full Version : Anytime fitness?

djflex
07-03-2014, 04:50 PM
New one opens by my house in a month. Currently at la fitness. A few things i do not like anout my current club are a few of the machines and those hexagon plates.

For those that do , or have lifted at anytime post your reviews and thoughts.

Thanks in advance

Sincerely,
Djflex

PATMAHN
07-03-2014, 05:34 PM
Been going to a local anytime...little short on free wieght area but the machines are new and probably the best of the five or six area gyms i've tried...locker rooms are spotless...i stopped lifting and cardio stuff about 20 years ago...got busy with life and business...started back in march of 2014...i'm 52 and have fairly high metabolism plus i didn't have a desk job...so far as of today i've picked up 31 lbs since feb 12th and lost any pudge i had..chest went from 37.5 inch to 43 and arms from 11 to 15.5 (just measured)...so anytime fitness works for me!! Cardio equipment is great... Just start slow so you don't get hurt!! Old age don't have to be a terrible thing after all!

djflex
07-03-2014, 05:37 PM
Thanks.

What do you mean a little short on free weights? Not enough plates, lite dumbells or just a small area ?

iamsuperbrad
07-03-2014, 05:40 PM
Ex Aus anytime fitness member here, changed gyms cause I moved but it was decent albeit a little on the small size was fine otherwise.

Go check it out when it opens and if you like it jump on those opening specials

djflex
07-03-2014, 05:45 PM
Ex Aus anytime fitness member here, changed gyms cause I moved but it was decent albeit a little on the small size was fine otherwise.

Go check it out when it opens and if you like it jump on those opening specials

Im ok with small. As long as they have what i need...

Corbi
07-03-2014, 05:47 PM
Have been to quite a few of them, last count was over 75 different Anytime gyms. Anyways some are great, some decent and quite honestly some of them like the ones in Horicon or Tomah should be shuttered because they suck so badly. All indepentantly owned so it all comes down to the owner. Luckily the guy who owns the ones I go to mainly is into it big time, currently owns something 25 different Anytimes in the area and he refuses to own crappy ones.

beachguy498
07-03-2014, 07:09 PM
I'm gym-shopping now. I have a newer Ballys and a brand new Blink Fitness very close by. I'll be trying out Blink for a week maybe as early as Saturday. My gym, World Gym, is pretty expensive all of a sudden.

usersignup2
07-03-2014, 07:24 PM
did a free trial at the one in my town. only made it through one workout.

pros:
trial was free

cons:
plates are non-standard diameter which sucks because deads are one of my primary lifts. lift from the floor is about 1.5" deficit.
olympic bars are non-standard diameter.
width of the rack is such that it's only about 2" narrower than the bar collars which makes racking awkward.

deadwoodgregg
07-03-2014, 07:27 PM
I'm gym-shopping now.I have a friend that works at Fitness Incentive in Babylon. Is that too far away? I have been there twice. They have a lot of nice equipment.

My friend has one of the best "home" gyms that I know of in the basement of FI.

djflex
07-04-2014, 02:38 PM
My lift was shortened today due to holiday hours at la fitness. Was not happy.

Anytime sounding better and better

iamsuperbrad
07-04-2014, 05:14 PM
Im ok with small. As long as they have what i need...

I guess you'll have to wait and see, hope the one near you has what you need :)

djflex
07-06-2014, 05:45 PM
Drove by sales office and they had the layout and equip layout posted. Looks pretty light , having my doubts

Corbi
07-06-2014, 06:10 PM
Drove by sales office and they had the layout and equip layout posted. Looks pretty light , having my doubts

I told you some are outstanding and some really suck balls. There are a couple that I absolutely refuse to work out at, the equipment is so $hitty.

On this link you can click on the your state and then location for some info on the club. http://www.anytimefitness.com/

djflex
07-06-2014, 06:15 PM
I told you some are outstanding and some really suck balls. There are a couple that I absolutely refuse to work out at, the equipment is so $hitty.

On this link you can click on the your state and then location for some info on the club. http://www.anytimefitness.com/

I know.

Im think i will just wait until they open and see what i think.
My current gym expires middle of august and this one opens august 1. I only wanted to join quickly to get charter pricing and my 30 days out of the way to get all club access

philipj
07-06-2014, 11:19 PM
I use the Anytime Fitness on Stadium Drive in Kalamazoo Mich, and it is very well run by the owner, and an attractive knowledgable lady. Excelllent place. I often use the one in Cadillac Michigan which simply does not measure up. It appears the owner has several and is more interested in running a business.

Go to the new store near you, and get the free one week try out period.

batteryrequired
07-07-2014, 10:17 AM
My fiancÚ helped a local family start up an Anytime Fitness a couple of years ago in Goshen, IN. They had no background or any experience in the field what so ever. So her being a former IFBB Fitness cardholder, trainer, etc.....they brought her on board. The family had and still does to this day a weight problem. They extracted as much knowledge as they could from her for 9 months until the guys wife really didn't like having her around anymore (yes.....a case of fitness envy) and they fired her. To this day its pretty much known in the area as the Fat Club unfortunately. It may as well be a Planet Fitness. The guy got upset when I would use the 100lb dumbbells for benching and they hit the floor (not thrown either) a little heavier than the other weights. They lost a lot of members after their first year was up. Not sure how they stay open really.
Been to several others.....many good ones out there....a few excellent ones as well. But have see a few that may as well be Planet Fitness. All depends on the owners.

PATMAHN
07-07-2014, 07:23 PM
thanks.

What do you mean a little short on free weights? Not enough plates, lite dumbells or just a small area ?

not enough to go around...plenty of room tho...also workout anytime has really great equip and nice facilities

Tanerian
07-07-2014, 08:32 PM
They are independently owned stores generally, so you will have to check them out as they vary greatly.

I go to two near me. One near where i Live, one near where I work.

The one near work is somewhat rundown, older equipment etc, There is one drink vending machine, no scale, and 3 locations int he gym where they have a spraybottle/paper towels to wipe stuff. The fountain is broken half the time, the 3 bathrooms are dirty and the showers are in the 3 bathrooms with no locker room, meaning if you take a shower you kinda feel bad if someone has to go to the bathroom 'cause you have to lock the door, it's like a house bathroom. But it has everything I need lift wise.

The one near home is absolutely amazing in cleanliness and brand new equipment. Every treadmill has it's own television with ipod/phone connections. Can put my own movies right on their screen and watch TV etc. All the equipment is in outstanding condition. They have a whole area where you can buy supplements, vitamins, drinks etc, with 0 supervision. You literally take it and put money in a little slot. They even have "IOU" Cards where you can just take what you want and pay later. They have a big table full of spray bottles and hand towels that you can carry around the gym with you, some really nice digital scales, a closed room that's kind of like a movie theatre and a computer system to turn on some type of fitness videos, or spin videos.
But this place lacks many of the machines I like to use. There is no smith machine, no leg press machines, only machine for legs at all, a double machine with ham curls/leg extensions. The bench sucks, it's set up to be used in either direction, so it's kind of awkward as it has 4 posts instead of just 2. Instead of the more useful equipment, there is a huge area tha'ts like crossfit type of stuff. Those TX resistance bands for bodyweight work outs, kettlebells, those heavy ropes you swing up and down etc.

All in all though Anytime fitness is a solid gym, especially for a weirdo like me who works out between midnight and 8am.