PDA

View Full Version : Beginning Aplinist - Critique my Diet

WinstonTeracina
07-02-2014, 09:59 PM
Hi Everyone, thanks in advance for the answers. Looking for a basic critique of my diet......

I'm an former Iron-distance triathlete (sub 10 hours) transitioning to Alpine sports due to the fact that I can no longer dedicate the required time necessary to train for triathlons. When I was racing, I spent a lot of time dedicated to my nutrition and I'd like to apply that same approach to my new sport.

Currently I am 5'11, 158 lbs. Not sure about my BF%....I'm quite lean everywhere except for a little stubborn fat around the stomach. My nutrition goals are simply to help maximize athletic performance, which include long-distance workouts/hikes in Z1 and bouldering/rock climbing (z4).

My current training regimen is about 10 hours per week: 30 miles of running (broken out to 3x a week), 2 hour of swimming (broken out to 2x a week), 2 hours strength training (broken out to 2x a week), 3 hours hiking/climbing. I do some sort of workout everyday.

Current diet is 2600 kcal: 50%c/30%f/20%p 1300g/85g/130g
My current goal is to drop as much fat as possible while still preserving muscle mass and even increasing strength if possible. I don't feel tired or fatigued at all from my workouts, but I certainly need to get stronger, especially in the upper body.

Below is my former diet when I was training roughly 25-30 hours a week. My racing weight was 155lbs with minimal body fat. You'll notice that I've significantly decreased the calories and carbohydrates as my training volume has more than cut in half.

kcal: 5000
C: 65% 800g
F: 22% 125g
P: 13% 160g

AlwaysTryin
07-03-2014, 12:20 AM
Hi Everyone, thanks in advance for the answers. Looking for a basic critique of my diet......

I'm an former Iron-distance triathlete (sub 10 hours) transitioning to Alpine sports due to the fact that I can no longer dedicate the required time necessary to train for triathlons. When I was racing, I spent a lot of time dedicated to my nutrition and I'd like to apply that same approach to my new sport.

Currently I am 5'11, 158 lbs. Not sure about my BF%....I'm quite lean everywhere except for a little stubborn fat around the stomach. My nutrition goals are simply to help maximize athletic performance, which include long-distance workouts/hikes in Z1 and bouldering/rock climbing (z4).

My current training regimen is about 10 hours per week: 30 miles of running (broken out to 3x a week), 2 hour of swimming (broken out to 2x a week), 2 hours strength training (broken out to 2x a week), 3 hours hiking/climbing. I do some sort of workout everyday.

Current diet is 2600 kcal: 50%c/30%f/20%p 1300g/85g/130g
My current goal is to drop as much fat as possible while still preserving muscle mass and even increasing strength if possible. I don't feel tired or fatigued at all from my workouts, but I certainly need to get stronger, especially in the upper body.

Below is my former diet when I was training roughly 25-30 hours a week. My racing weight was 155lbs with minimal body fat. You'll notice that I've significantly decreased the calories and carbohydrates as my training volume has more than cut in half.

kcal: 5000
C: 65% 800g
F: 22% 125g
P: 13% 160g

lol what? 1300g? what??

Don't use ratios either