PDA

View Full Version : Mixing things up, workout last night.

bodyhard
07-01-2014, 02:11 PM
Last night I wanted to do something different, been 3 months straight same routine.

So this was my workout last night;
Flat bench
Warm up bar 15 reps
2nd warm up 135lbs 15x
1st set 185lbs 10x
2nd set 225lbs 10x
3rd set 275lbs 5x
4th set 315lbs 1x
5th set 275lbs 5x
6th set 225lbs 10x
7th set 185lbs 10x
final set 135lbs 25x

Incline bench
1st set 225lbs 5x
2nd set 185lbs 10x
3rd set 135lbs 15x

Machine flies
3 sets 50 reps each at 100lbs

Body weight dips
4 sets 25 reps each

weiss1967
07-01-2014, 03:15 PM
good performance on the incline bench. The gym I go to have "no-upper-chest" epidemic. So, what was the change? Or is it a e-brag thread... again...

bodyhard
07-01-2014, 03:37 PM
good performance on the incline bench. The gym I go to have "no-upper-chest" epidemic. So, what was the change? Or is it a e-brag thread... again...

E-brag? Nah just thought I share my change of pace.

I never do that kind of workout, it was upward the then back down. I then started the incline from heavy to light. Totally the opposite of what I normally do.

Oceanside
07-01-2014, 03:48 PM
I never work down on my sets...

I always get to my 3-5 rep sets as soon as I can and work 3 or 4 sets and get onto what I'm gonna do next...

basically applies to everything I do in the weight room...

but change is good..

my theory is the last thing I want my body remembering is the hi rep/ low weight sets I did the week before...

but we've already established we go to the weight room for different reasons

bodyhard
07-01-2014, 04:35 PM
I never work down on my sets...

I always get to my 3-5 rep sets as soon as I can and work 3 or 4 sets and get onto what I'm gonna do next...

basically applies to everything I do in the weight room...

but change is good..

my theory is the last thing I want my body remembering is the hi rep/ low weight sets I did the week before...

but we've already established we go to the weight room for different reasons

I've actually never done a routine like that at all and I have been training for a long time, but I wanted to try something different.

Tonight I am going to do pull ups in this order.

Wide grip for 10
Closer grip for 10
Even closer grip for 10
Hand together for 10
Then I am going to change from pull ups to chin ups
hands together for 10
close grip for 10
wide grip for 10

Not sure I will be able to do it but I am going to give it a try

Then on BOR I am going to start with heavy with lower reps and work my way downward upping the reps and lowering the weight

For biceps I am going to do consecutive curls doing a set of 10 reps and then my son doing 10 and me following immediately after him until we get to 100 reps.

Oceanside
07-01-2014, 04:51 PM
I've actually never done a routine like that at all and I have been training for a long time, but I wanted to try something different.

yeah I get stuck doing the same sh*t all the time too...

I'm just not really a firm believer in taking weight off..

I guess my thought process is once you've stretched your body's limits for the day (growth/strength)... what good is filling your depleted body up with blood with "pumper reps"....

I giggle when I read people endorse Poliqiuns gvt crap here...

but like I said...

a little change is good :)

bodyhard
07-01-2014, 04:54 PM

I guess my thought process is once you've stretched your body's limits for the day (growth/strength)... what good is filling your depleted body up with blood with "pumper reps"....

but like I said...

you know me OS, I never follow what anyone says, I just do me.

Oceanside
07-01-2014, 04:58 PM
you know me OS, I never follow what anyone says, I just do me.

I hear ya :)

just tippin beers here and disgusted we lost to Belgium

bodyhard
07-01-2014, 05:01 PM
I hear ya :)

just tippin beers here and disgusted we lost to Belgium

I know man, I never watch soccer but I got hooked this time and we lost :(

ajdahlheimer
07-02-2014, 05:05 AM
Those are some impressive Incline Bench #'s, BH. I'm currently doing 4 weeks of higher repetitions on that lift. This was was 2 sets of 190x12 followed by 2 sets of 205x8. Upper chest really gets burning especially when immediately doing Incline bench after your flat bench workout.

bodyhard
07-02-2014, 05:19 AM
Thanks AJ, last night workout was sick my son's just told me, pops you are one crazy man lol Back and biceps were swollen on all if us.

drudixon
07-02-2014, 06:52 AM

but like I said...

For strength, very little. Size however... Repeatedly wiping out ATP without going aerobic is the premise. Worked awesome for me.

JimmyJonny
07-02-2014, 07:46 AM
I got a good dose of what change does to you the other day myself.

I went to lift at lunchtime the other day...... man it was full. Bench day for me, and every bench was taken with partners. I knew they were on a time limit so I didn't get in line, I had plenty of time, let em get their $hit done. So, I decided to do my routine backwards. Well lets just say....... it f*cked me up.

........ but in a good way.

silverlightning
07-02-2014, 08:12 AM
you on dat dere muscle confusion BH lol? i'm changing some things around in my training as well. As i recently starting training each body twice a week, I'm changing Wednesday training which was chest, delta and biceps to no weights at all and just train them on saturday. so today I hit the bag, did some jump rope, power rope, ABS and some stretching. just saw this power rope youtube vid that i'm going to incorporated some exercises into my training on chest/delt/bicep day.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6yX0GVDu1Y

bodyhard
07-02-2014, 09:35 AM
Yeah change is good, full belly muscles today. I appear and I am fuller today.

silverlightning
07-02-2014, 10:09 AM
Yeah change is good, full belly muscles today. I appear and I am fuller today.

actually last saturday i changed up my chest/bi/delt training. since chest grows the fastest, I feel i don't need that much volume so i'm going to experiment and only do 2 or 3 direct chest exercises and stay in the 8-12 rep range and go for stimuli the muscle verses throwing up heavy weight. i've been going up to 105lb DB on my incline presses and just stayed with 75lb DB, the did incline flys and three sets of dips. chest was really sore the next day.