PDA

View Full Version : Someday's you just shake your head and walk away....

Old-Time-Lifter
07-01-2014, 12:33 PM
So last night I'm using the Hammer Strength Hi Row Machine and there are two twenty-ish guys who start benching. (bench is directly in front of me and I can't miss what's going on) The bigger one starts off with 2 plates on a side for his warm-up bouncing off his chest on each rep. He then goes to 3 plates a side and barely grinds out 5 reps again bouncing off the chest. I'm thinking to myself, "pretty respectable, lifting.. all that bouncing aside"... but then they throw another plate on each side. So he goes for 405, and of course he's not even close. His buddy pulls it off him and says "I only helped like 5 maybe 10 lbs, you've got this".... me I'm thinking "say what? you hauled that off of him. He of course tries it again and again his buddy hauls it off him. Me I'm just shaking my head...

Kid is strong for sure, but I sure hope he doesn't kill himself....

Nikonguy
07-01-2014, 12:38 PM
90lb. jumps, kid obviously knew what he was doing.

Old-Time-Lifter
07-01-2014, 12:41 PM
90lb. jumps, kid obviously knew what he was doing.

If you mess with the little ones you're just a girl. ;) :p

silverlightning
07-01-2014, 12:41 PM
I Never Understood People especiAlly Newbs And Those Just Starting Out That Jump Right Into A Heavy SetWithout Any Type Of Warm up.

Old-Time-Lifter
07-01-2014, 12:44 PM
I Never Understood People especiAlly Newbs And Those Just Starting Out That Jump Right Into A Heavy SetWithout Any Type Of Warm up.

I agree, warmups are vital. But I'm guessing he's benched for a while or he's just a very strong farm kid. I'd guess they had lifted in football or something but I'd say they were both out of HS though not too far out. Likely college kids home for the summer, I'd never seen them before at the gym.