PDA

View Full Version : Using clothes as a means to measure progress.

bodyhard
06-30-2014, 02:26 PM
You guys know I take progress pics flexing as well as full body pics month after month.

But when the little things are not noticed in the mirror or in pics, the way your clothes fit is a good indication of progress as well. (as long as you don't shrink the clothes by washing them lol)

Anyway I have been taking pics in the bathroom at my place of business and now I am using it as progress pics/feel as well.

The first set of pics, I did not mean to use as progress as I was just doing selfies at work :D, but now using the same shirt I am taking pics trying to pose exactly the same way.

The first pic I was stressed out, I had lost my job and although I was still going to the gym I was losing weight rapidly. The second pic was after I was already working for about 7 - 8 weeks and was training and dieting consistently.
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj74/bodyhard_2008/beforeandafterpinkshirt_zps414e8b9f.jpg (http://s269.photobucket.com/user/bodyhard_2008/media/beforeandafterpinkshirt_zps414e8b9f.jpg.html)

I took the second pic today and while it might not be that much of a difference you can see the shirt is tightening up. I am hoping in another 5 months or so, I wont fit in this shirt anymore :D
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj74/bodyhard_2008/today_zps5dc921d5.jpg (http://s269.photobucket.com/user/bodyhard_2008/media/today_zps5dc921d5.jpg.html)

silverlightning
06-30-2014, 02:34 PM
Holy Photoshop. :)

bodyhard
06-30-2014, 02:37 PM
Holy Photoshop. :)

No photoshop needed when you bust your ass in the gym ;)

ChazWood
06-30-2014, 02:58 PM
That's an awesomely functional use for clothes!

I only use mine to avoid being tasered to the ground and thrown in the slammer for public indecency.

and to avoid freezing to death in the winter I guess...

silverlightning
06-30-2014, 03:06 PM
No photoshop needed when you bust your ass in the gym ;)

It's Funny Cuz I Do The Same Thing. The Only Thing Tighter Are My Pants.

theKurp
06-30-2014, 03:12 PM
Sometimes you use the first button on your cuff and sometimes you use the second button.

What do I win?

Cass40
06-30-2014, 03:43 PM

I only use mine to avoid being tasered to the ground and thrown in the slammer for public indecency.

This.

Don't like clothes. :(

bodyhard
06-30-2014, 03:53 PM

LMFAO!!

It's Funny Cuz I Do The Same Thing. The Only Thing Tighter Are My Pants.

Same here, pants getting tighter on my quads and butt.

bodyhard
06-30-2014, 03:54 PM
This.

Don't like clothes. :(

Awaiting on nude pics...

Cass40
06-30-2014, 04:18 PM
Awaiting on nude pics...

O.k.. I only have one nude pic, and if I get banned I'm blaming you!

No, it's just that I have no fashion sense, I can't accessorize, I don't like shopping, they feel uncomfortable, (no jewelry either or make up), they don't look good cause I have no shape, they cost money...the list goes on...

Clothes suck :mad:

Here's the pic. I'm in sauna.

Ayudha
06-30-2014, 04:38 PM

*Fixed...

http://s29.postimg.org/flp6uxm9j/bertone.jpg (http://postimage.org/)

Can't have you getting banned afterall..

And for the record Good job Op

Cass40
06-30-2014, 04:40 PM
You can't have clothes in sauna!

Although I'm digging my new look :)

bodyhard
06-30-2014, 04:43 PM

No, it's just that I have no fashion sense, I can't accessorize, I don't like shopping, they feel uncomfortable, (no jewelry either or make up), they don't look good cause I have no shape, they cost money...the list goes on...

Clothes suck :mad:

Here's the pic. I'm in sauna.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7070421&stc=1&d=1404170185

I think you are too hard on yourself, for real...

LOL on the nude, here comes the ban hammer!! :)

Cass40
06-30-2014, 04:49 PM
LOL on the nude, here comes the ban hammer!! :)

Noooo....that picture is BEFORE I started lifting or tracking macros.

That's why I'm such a fattie in the picture! I would just eat and sleep. I was lazy and did zero exercise back then...

bodyhard
06-30-2014, 04:51 PM
Noooo....that picture is BEFORE I started lifting or tracking macros.

That's why I'm such a fattie in the picture! I would just eat and sleep. I was lazy and did zero exercise back then...

Then you want to go and call it baby fat....

heatwave13
06-30-2014, 05:07 PM
For sure, clothing is one of the most practical ways to check progress (or decline?) of the physique.

Have any of you all ever had to totally revamp your wardrobe to accommodate your body changes?

bodyhard
06-30-2014, 05:09 PM
For sure, clothing is one of the most practical ways to check progress (or decline?) of the physique.

Have any of you all ever had to totally revamp your wardrobe to accommodate your body changes?

I bu new clothes all the time, but I sure as well would want it to be because they don't fit me anymore, not just because I want new clothes :D

heatwave13
06-30-2014, 05:23 PM
I bu new clothes all the time, but I sure as well would want it to be because they don't fit me anymore, not just because I want new clothes :D

Hey, if training like a beast, consistently over time, necessitates new clothes, you just gotta do what you gotta do, I guess.

This time of year, I rarely wear long pants, so it'll be interesting to see how the fit after a while. I'm sure the waist line will be fine, but as for the quads, butt, and hips area, we'll see. My wife hates trying to buy pants for me because of this-she refuses. She calls me thunder thighs and has to find loose fitting pants for me since most main-line slacks seem to be geared toward the scrawny crowd.

Cass40
06-30-2014, 05:55 PM
I seriously don't understand how you have the time to do everything you do.
You must not sleep ever.
I don't even have time to shop.

bodyhard
06-30-2014, 08:18 PM
I seriously don't understand how you have the time to do everything you do.
You must not sleep ever.
I don't even have time to shop.

LOL, I find time for everything! :D

DocHoss
07-01-2014, 11:02 AM
I can still wear my high school PE shirt :(

Then again, not being able to put on muscle does save me a bundle on new clothes!

silverlightning
07-02-2014, 10:02 AM
LMFAO!!

Same here, pants getting tighter on my quads and butt.

do you need to buy new underwear to? lmao

JediRN
07-02-2014, 10:59 AM
how long between the picture where you had hair and the most recent one?

mirin baldness. The upside of the cursed genetics is I'll never go bald naturally... always thought is was a boss look, even when I was a kid.

bodyhard
07-02-2014, 11:24 AM
how long between the picture where you had hair and the most recent one?

mirin baldness. The upside of the cursed genetics is I'll never go bald naturally... always thought is was a boss look, even when I was a kid.

Roughly 7 - 8 weeks. I didnt go bald, I shaved my head.

V-240
07-02-2014, 03:00 PM
Good job, sir. There is quite a difference between the pics.

JediRN
07-02-2014, 08:16 PM
Roughly 7 - 8 weeks. I didnt go bald, I shaved my head.

Such a transformation in body language. Looks like you went from "I'm wounded but I'm still standing" to "I own myself." Great example of how the man makes the clothes.

anyways, good post, strong everything.... as usual.

thanks for the reply.

bodyhard
07-03-2014, 04:50 AM
Good job, sir. There is quite a difference between the pics.

Thanks V man!!

Such a transformation in body language. Looks like you went from "I'm wounded but I'm still standing" to "I own myself." Great example of how the man makes the clothes.

anyways, good post, strong everything.... as usual.

thanks for the reply.

Stress will do that to some.

When I get stressed or depressed I lose mass and get pretty skinny.

Thanks for the props.