PDA

View Full Version : BCAA help!

Suuuup
06-30-2014, 10:59 AM
Hi guys!

In two weeks i'm going into a cut and i wonder if this looks good?

My workout plan would look something like this:
Day 1:Fullbody
Day 2: Rest
Day 3: Fullbody
Day 4: Rest
Day 5: Cardio (HIIT)
Day 6: Rest
Day 7: Fullbody

My stack is going to be Whey Protein, Creatine mono, omega-3 pills, multivitamin pills, Ripped Hardcore (pwo) and BCAAs.

During my fullbody workouts i'm thinking something like this:
Whey Protein 1,5h before workout => Ripped hardcore directly before workout => BCAA post workout => Whey protein + Creatine mono 1h after workout.

And during my cardio workouts:
Whey Protein 1,5h before workout => Ripped hardcore directly before workout => Whey protein + creatin mono post workout.

Im only able to eat 3 meals a day with minimal carbs and high protein to keep my calories low.

When is the best time to take BCAAs? (I'm already taking Ripped hardcore pwo pills which contains caffeine before a
workout). BCAAs pre, intra or post?

Appreciate all help guys! Thanks!

Farley1324
06-30-2014, 11:15 AM
Hi guys!

My stack is going to be Whey Protein, Creatine mono, omega-3 pills, multivitamin pills, Ripped Hardcore (pwo) and BCAAs.

Whey Protein 1,5h before workout => Ripped hardcore directly before workout => BCAA post workout => Whey protein + Creatine mono 1h after workout.

Whey Protein 1,5h before workout => Ripped hardcore directly before workout => Whey protein + creatin mono post workout.

Im only able to eat 3 meals a day with minimal carbs and high protein to keep my calories low.

When is the best time to take BCAAs? (I'm already taking Ripped hardcore pwo pills which contains caffeine before a

Can you tell us, specifically, what your routine consists of?

Get your diet in check, daily macros are what really matters. Use protein supplements when you can't get your protein goals with food alone. When doesn't really matter.

Take the BCAA pre workout and/or intra workout.

It doesn't matter when you take the creatine. 3-5g a day 4-5 days a week no loading no cycling in any beverage.

Misctake7
06-30-2014, 11:26 AM

Get your diet in check, daily macros are what really matters. Use protein supplements when you can't get your protein goals with food alone. When doesn't really matter.

It doesn't matter when you take the creatine. 3-5g a day 4-5 days a week no loading no cycling in any beverage.
^This. If you're drinking a protein shake 1.5 hours prior to your workout, you actually shouldn't need a BCAA supplement. It's best used when training fasted or if you're haven't had anything to eat for a couple hours prior to working out.

kencasehall
06-30-2014, 12:30 PM
I would structure your workouts to not do full-body workouts on consecutive days
I would say 3-5 g of creatine every day just to play it safe, there are studies for both
I would take BCAAs during your workouts, especially if they are long full-body workout sessions. Having a meal or shake before will ensure you are not fasted.

Suuuup
06-30-2014, 12:35 PM
^This. If you're drinking a protein shake 1.5 hours prior to your workout, you actually shouldn't need a BCAA supplement. It's best used when training fasted or if you're haven't had anything to eat for a couple hours prior to working out.

I meant 2.5h before...can i still combine my caffeine pills (pwo) with the bcaa or should i just take the caffeine pills (pwo) and then sip the bcaa during my workout?

Suuuup
06-30-2014, 12:41 PM

Fullbody workout where i choose to focus on one muscle group each workout.

For example:
FB workout 1: Focus on chest which means that i'm doing 3 excercises for the chest and the rest 2 excercises (bicep, tricep, back, legs, shoulders)

FB workout 2: Focus on back which means that i'm doing 3 excercises for the back and so on (see above).

Farley1324
06-30-2014, 01:38 PM
Fullbody workout where i choose to focus on one muscle group each workout.

For example:
FB workout 1: Focus on chest which means that i'm doing 3 excercises for the chest and the rest 2 excercises (bicep, tricep, back, legs, shoulders)

FB workout 2: Focus on back which means that i'm doing 3 excercises for the back and so on (see above).

You are in over your head. When somebody asks what your routine consists of, specifically, and you don't even list a single exercise...that's the indication that you need to pick a proven, reputable routine and follow it.

The Solution
06-30-2014, 01:40 PM

This
BCAA's will only merit you to use them for PRE-WORKOUT fasted training or as a bolus between meals 4-6 hours apart, if you are not planning on dosing your bcaa either way you could do without them. Post-workout would be the least optimal time to take them.

Suuuup
06-30-2014, 05:03 PM
You are in over your head. When somebody asks what your routine consists of, specifically, and you don't even list a single exercise...that's the indication that you need to pick a proven, reputable routine and follow it.

Oh my bad...

Chest would look something like this:

Flat Benchpress, 5x5
Machine Pec Fly, 6x4
Low Cable Chest Fly, 10x3

And sometimes i will switch it up, for example:

Flat Benchpress => Incline Benchpress
Machine Pec Fly => Dumbell Fly
Low Cable Chest Fly => High Cable chest fly

The Solution
06-30-2014, 05:56 PM
If you were doing fullbody as you stated then why do you have a chest workout?
Stick to Madcow or Starting Strength.

Farley1324
06-30-2014, 05:57 PM

Yeah...lol...I just gave up.

Suuuup
07-01-2014, 03:41 AM

I'm trying to mix it up...going for the fullbody but throwing in 1 extra excercise for a different muscle group each workout...just help me out with this one as i'm only asking if it's ok or not? Or should i just stay to the "traditional" fullbody wo?

I've been bulking up now for about 8 months doing 4 excercises for different groups in a 4 day cycle.

Day 1: Bicep, Back, Abs
Day 2: Tricep, Chest and Shoulders
Day 3: Legs and some core.

Farley1324
07-01-2014, 05:22 AM
I'm trying to mix it up...going for the fullbody but throwing in 1 extra excercise for a different muscle group each workout...just help me out with this one as i'm only asking if it's ok or not? Or should i just stay to the "traditional" fullbody wo?

I've been bulking up now for about 8 months doing 4 excercises for different groups in a 4 day cycle.

Day 1: Bicep, Back, Abs
Day 2: Tricep, Chest and Shoulders
Day 3: Legs and some core.

Your routine sucks, you don't even have squats. Fail.

Suuuup
07-01-2014, 07:06 AM
Your routine sucks, you don't even have squats. Fail.

Come on man. I'm doing squats and sometimes switch it to cleans or deadlifrs on leg day, trying to get more explosive and build better balance by working on my core and legs for basketball.

When i wrote legs i didnt wrote "legs" as a excercise...or should i just have a whole workout for squats?

Farley1324
07-01-2014, 07:07 AM
Come on man. I'm doing squats and sometimes switch it to cleans or deadlifrs on leg day, trying to get more explosive and build better balance by working on my core and legs.

Ah yes, I clearly see where squats are listed in your routine now.

Oh, wait...nevermind.

You clearly have absolutely no clue what you are doing and don't even pretend to follow a routine, not even one of your own design.

Which is to say, you're doing it wrong.

Suuuup
07-01-2014, 01:10 PM
Ah yes, I clearly see where squats are listed in your routine now.

Oh, wait...nevermind.

You clearly have absolutely no clue what you are doing and don't even pretend to follow a routine, not even one of your own design.

Which is to say, you're doing it wrong.

What do you mean by no clue? I'm asking for help and you keep saying that it's bad and that i dont do this or that, over and over again...and when i'm telling you that i actually am doing the excercises, you still say that it's bad? Then what is good? Help me...smh

What did you think of when i wrote "legs" in my bulk routine? That i actually was doing an excercise called legs?

If you want my full routine as of now it goes like this, starting light, adding more weight every set:

Day 1: Back, Bicep and Abs.
Wide-grip Pullups 6x4
Bent Over Barbell Row 8x3
Standing Low Cable Row 12x3
Front Wide-grip pulldown 12x3

Dumbell Bicep Curls/Barbell Curls
12x3 / 10x3
Ez Bar Preacher Curl 5x4

Machine Crunches 15x4
Russian Medecine Ball Twist 40x3
Slow Ab Wheel 5x3

Day 2: Chest, Shoulder, Triceps

Leaning Dips 5x4
Flat Benchpress 5x5 or Incline Benchpress 5x5
Machine Pec Fly 8x4 or Decline Dumbell Presses 8x4
Low Cable Chest Fly 10x3

Dumbell Shoulder Press 8x3 or Barbell Shoulder Press
Machine Shoulder Press (Front-grip and Wide-Grip, switching each set) 5x6
Cable Raises Front 7x3
Cable Raises Lateral 7x3
Cable Pulls Deltoid 7x3

One Arm Dumbell Tricep Ext. 5x4
Close-Grip Benchpress 8x3 or "Skull Crushers" 8x3
Cable Tricep Ext. 10x4

Day 3: Legs and Core

SQUATS 10x4 or Deadlifts 5x4 or Cleans 5x3
One Leg Machine Leg Press 5x3
Bulgarian Lunges 10x3
Seated Leg Curl 10x3
Lying Hamstring Curl 10x3
Barbell Calf Raises 20x3

Cable Crunches 15x4
Plank 2 minutes x 2

Farley1324
07-01-2014, 02:18 PM
What do you mean by no clue? I'm asking for help and you keep saying that it's bad and that i dont do this or that, over and over again...and when i'm telling you that i actually am doing the excercises, you still say that it's bad?

You still had not posted your routine.

What did you think of when i wrote "legs" in my bulk routine? That i actually was doing an excercise called legs?

Because doing low bar back squats 5x5 across at 85% of your 1RM is the same thing as doing 3x20 leg press with 60 seconds of rest. :rolleyes:

Both are "legs". Yet very different.

If you want my full routine as of now it goes like this, starting light, adding more weight every set:

Day 1: Back, Bicep and Abs.
Wide-grip Pullups 6x4
Bent Over Barbell Row 8x3
Standing Low Cable Row 12x3
Front Wide-grip pulldown 12x3

Dumbell Bicep Curls/Barbell Curls
12x3 / 10x3
Ez Bar Preacher Curl 5x4

Machine Crunches 15x4
Slow Ab Wheel 5x3

Day 2: Chest, Shoulder, Triceps

Leaning Dips 5x4
Flat Benchpress 5x5 or Incline Benchpress 5x5
Machine Pec Fly 8x4 or Decline Dumbell Presses 8x4
Low Cable Chest Fly 10x3

Dumbell Shoulder Press 8x3 or Barbell Shoulder Press
Machine Shoulder Press (Front-grip and Wide-Grip, switching each set) 5x6
Cable Raises Front 7x3
Cable Raises Lateral 7x3
Cable Pulls Deltoid 7x3

One Arm Dumbell Tricep Ext. 5x4
Close-Grip Benchpress 8x3 or "Skull Crushers" 8x3
Cable Tricep Ext. 10x4

Day 3: Legs and Core

SQUATS 10x4 or Deadlifts 5x4 or Cleans 5x3
One Leg Machine Leg Press 5x3
Bulgarian Lunges 10x3
Seated Leg Curl 10x3
Lying Hamstring Curl 10x3
Barbell Calf Raises 20x3

Cable Crunches 15x4
Plank 2 minutes x 2

Squats and deadlifts or cleans are not really substitutes for one another.

Are you writing these as setsXreps, or repsXsets?

SPACECLOWN
07-01-2014, 03:04 PM
Hi guys!

I won't rip the routine since you didn't directly ask about it.
Preworkout where you have protein/creatine eat food
Ripped hardcore take as directed (30 min preworkout typically)
Omega/Multi/Creatine can be taken whenever
BCAA's I prefer intra if powdered. Pills take with preworkout
Post workout have your whey and optionally can add a carb. I use ground oats or maltodextrin (flavorless and dissolves easy).
Eat a meal about hour or so later.

As you probably know that diet is the most important thing here, then workout and LAST supplements. General advice don't go for the shiny products and actually do some research on the ingredients and the company as they are not all equal. Good luck.

Suuuup
07-01-2014, 04:36 PM
I won't rip the routine since you didn't directly ask about it.
Preworkout where you have protein/creatine eat food
Ripped hardcore take as directed (30 min preworkout typically)
Omega/Multi/Creatine can be taken whenever
BCAA's I prefer intra if powdered. Pills take with preworkout
Post workout have your whey and optionally can add a carb. I use ground oats or maltodextrin (flavorless and dissolves easy).
Eat a meal about hour or so later.

As you probably know that diet is the most important thing here, then workout and LAST supplements. General advice don't go for the shiny products and actually do some research on the ingredients and the company as they are not all equal. Good luck.

Big thanks for a good answer, really.

Could you breakdown my routine and tell whats wrong and need to be changed? Tanka again.

Farley1324
07-01-2014, 04:42 PM
Big thanks for a good answer, really.

Could you breakdown my routine and tell whats wrong and need to be changed? Tanka again.

We need to know if you are writing setsXreps or repsXsets. Pretty big difference there. The standard is setsXreps but if you are writing the way everybody else does, your routine doesn't make any sense at all. BRB, doing 20 sets of 3 rep calf raises.

Suuuup
07-01-2014, 04:47 PM
You still had not posted your routine.

Because doing low bar back squats 5x5 across at 85% of your 1RM is the same thing as doing 3x20 leg press with 60 seconds of rest. :rolleyes:

Both are "legs". Yet very different.

Squats and deadlifts or cleans are not really substitutes for one another.

Are you writing these as setsXreps, or repsXsets?

And still you wrote "Your routine sucks, you don't even have squats. Fail."

But you still didn't know my routine right?

Then help me...Cause i've heard doing squats/deadlifts/cleans shouldnt be used in the same workout as they are working many major muscle groups and that i should put my focus on one excercise each time.

repsXsets

(Forgive me for not quoting it right but it's the first time im doing it on my iphone...)

Farley1324
07-01-2014, 04:58 PM
And still you wrote "Your routine sucks, you don't even have squats. Fail."

But you still didn't know my routine right?

Sarcasm.

I thought you would get the hint that exercise selection is a pretty important aspect to what constitutes a routine instead of a list of bodyparts.

Then help me...Cause i've heard doing squats/deadlifts/cleans shouldnt be used in the same workout as they are working many major muscle groups and that i should put my focus on one excercise each time.

Where did you hear that?

And if you are going to do it that way, put the deadlifts on back day so you can do squats and deadlifts both each week. BTW, you said you were doing a 3x per week full body initially. What happened to that?

repsXsets

That is backwards and confusing. Sets X reps.

xplicid01
07-01-2014, 05:20 PM
Hi guys!

BCAA's should be taken intra-workout, typically while cutting with reduced calories. More importantly, and I know you didnt ask, your training and diet should be your main focus

Suuuup
07-02-2014, 02:48 PM
Sarcasm.

I thought you would get the hint that exercise selection is a pretty important aspect to what constitutes a routine instead of a list of bodyparts.

Where did you hear that?

And if you are going to do it that way, put the deadlifts on back day so you can do squats and deadlifts both each week. BTW, you said you were doing a 3x per week full body initially. What happened to that?

That is backwards and confusing. Sets X reps.

I was just telling you about my routine as of now...still asking help for the fullworkout routine. What i can do and whats good/not good.

The physio for my national basketball team told me.

Should i do the straight leg or normal deadlifts? Or can i mix it? If i'm right the straight leg works the lower back more?

Farley1324
07-02-2014, 02:50 PM
I was just telling you about my routine as of now...still asking help for the fullworkout routine. What i can do and whats good/not good.

The physio for my national basketball team told me.

Should i do the straight leg or normal deadlifts? Or can i mix it? If i'm right the straight leg works the lower back more?

I would do conventional deadlifts.