PDA

View Full Version : Kre-Alkalyn

ColorNotColour
06-30-2014, 07:12 AM
So I'm taking Kre-Alkalyn instead of creatine monohydrate because my body doesn't respond well to it, and I have always read you're supposed to get 3-5g of creatine daily. On the Kre-Alkalyn bottle (capsules), it says you don't need as much kre-alkalyn as creatine because your body absorbs it better. Is this true? Because if it is not, I'll have to take 4 capsules daily to get 3g of kre-alkalyn. The serving size is 2 capsules which equates to 1.5g of kre-alkalyn. Thanks in advance.

TMac26
06-30-2014, 07:15 AM
What do you mean "you don't react well to Mono"

Kre-Alk is 99.99% Creatine Monohydrate.

Cheftepesh
06-30-2014, 07:19 AM
Kre is buffered which for some people makes it easier on the stomach. If your not responding to creatine in the sense that you feel it is not effecting you the first question is what are you expecting. Also like said above if your not responding kre will do nothing different then Mono

TMac26
06-30-2014, 07:21 AM
Kre is buffered which for some people makes it easier on the stomach. If your not responding to creatine in the sense that you feel it is not effecting you the first question is what are you expecting. Also like said above if your not responding kre will do nothing different then Mono

We all know the "buffering" thing has been debunked a million times over. Soda Ash, Baking Soda, whatever, won't do diddly squat to change the PH of your stomach.

People tend to have less stomach discomfort because they are ingesting LESS creatine. 1.5 grams vs 5 grams on average.

De__eB
06-30-2014, 07:21 AM
What do you mean "you don't react well to Mono"

Kre-Alk is 99.99% Creatine Monohydrate.

It also degrades into creatinine faster than creatine monohydrate because they don't actually include enough of a buffering agent to actually buffer the acidity of the stomach.

I forgot how fun Kre-Alkalyn threads are.

mikegyver
06-30-2014, 07:11 PM
I tried Sci fit kre, and that stuff made me feel kind of yucky. Switched back to monohydrate and have been happy ever since with no issues.

I don't think I'll ever try kre again. For some reason I just didn't agree with it.