PDA

View Full Version : Damn cell phones in the gym!

Corbi
06-29-2014, 05:46 PM
I think there should be some sort of cell phone jammer in every gym, then maybe the bench warmers would actually get something done. Yesterday there were 2 individuals who came in and during an hr long period are lucky if they performed 4 sets of anything. Constantly playing with their damn phones, had to kick one off a bench because I needed it and all he was doing was texting. Funny thing is there were 3-4 others and we were all busting ass and it was pretty damn hot in the joint and we were all sweaty and nasty. The 2 primadonas on their phones didn't have a drop of sweat and were a couple of the skinniest lil $hits I have seen at a gym yet. You would think they would want to actually work out so they could stop benching with the #20 db's...and no I am not joking about that.

cowboybiker
06-29-2014, 05:49 PM
1rd

SP1966
06-29-2014, 05:55 PM
Bishses get pixxed when you don't take their calls.

djflex
06-29-2014, 05:57 PM
What kind of cell phones were they?

Were they android or apple users , may be a pattern

cowboybiker
06-29-2014, 05:59 PM
Maybe they were miscing.

"In teh gym. Hitin it hard. Beast mode"

Corbi
06-29-2014, 06:01 PM
What kind of cell phones were they?

Were they android or apple users , may be a pattern

No fuggin idea.

Maybe they were miscing.

Funny, and probably true. I bit my tongue as I wanted so badly to tell them to get the fuk off the phone and lift some weight or GTFO.

Postmort3m
06-29-2014, 06:02 PM
Maybe they were miscing.

"Misc some old guy kicked me off my bench....wat do?"

IH8RICE
06-29-2014, 06:04 PM
Let me guess, younger guys? More than likely miscers miscing instead of working out. I don't understand why people can't take the 45 minutes to an hour(+ or -)they're in the gym to just focus on their bodies and forget about everything else. It's actually daily therapy for me because there are so many stupid people in this world.

Corbi
06-29-2014, 06:07 PM
Let me guess, younger guys? More than likely miscers miscing instead of working out. I don't understand why people can't take the 45 minutes to an hour(+ or -)they're in the gym to just focus on their bodies and forget about everything else. It's actually daily therapy for me because there are so many stupid people in this world.

If I had to guess somewhere between 17-20 yrs old each of them. And it's not just in the gym, these smart phones will be end of all of us, I see people all the time just staring at those fukkin screens while walking, shopping, driving, at work, etc. I still have a flip phone....yep i'm a dinosaur and get laughed at but I don't care.

latebloomingmom
06-29-2014, 06:11 PM
you should see these kids on campus with their phones..not supposed to have them in class so of course they all have them out under the desks :)
I like it when they walk right into each other or better yet a lamp post :D

paolo59
06-29-2014, 06:16 PM
If I had to guess somewhere between 17-20 yrs old each of them. And it's not just in the gym, these smart phones will be end of all of us, I see people all the time just staring at those fukkin screens while walking, shopping, driving, at work, etc. I still have a flip phone....yep i'm a dinosaur and get laughed at but I don't care.

LOL I've got one of those 'beam me up Scotty' flip phones too! :) I have seen some serious lifters on their phones on occasion. I think they may have 'apps' or something, logging their workouts on the phone like I do in my little composition book. But I've seen a good many folk just jabbering or texting away. Cell phones are a convenient tool, but people have gone absolutely crazy, stupid with their non-stop use. Lots of 'communication' and nothing of importance said! :(

Land_Down_Under
06-29-2014, 06:19 PM
not just people on their phones all the time but standing around and talking all the time n taking up equipment.

cowboybiker
06-29-2014, 06:20 PM
"Misc some old guy kicked me off my bench....wat do?"

Show him your rep power, piss on the bench to mark your territory and neg his ass IRL

Be Alpha brah!

LiftBig315
06-29-2014, 06:21 PM
#gettinswole #chestpress #sohotinthegymtoday #alltheguysinthegymwontquitstaringatme #theymyrin

djflex
06-29-2014, 06:22 PM
Show him your rep power, piss on the bench to mark your territory and neg his ass IRL

Be Alpha brah!

Fuk yea!

Kick over his water bottle and laugh in his face

djflex
06-29-2014, 06:26 PM

I for one always carry my cell phone at gym.

Comes in handy for taking stealh photos of men inthe locker room...

Wait wut

cowboybiker
06-29-2014, 06:29 PM
Fuk yea!

Kick over his water bottle and laugh in his face
And throw some dumbbells and scream "You mad brah? You mirin"?

IH8RICE
06-29-2014, 06:36 PM

I know a guy at work like this. He has a flip phone for basically just in case calls of when his family needs to get in touch with him. He's more of a nature guy and has a place up in the mountains and down in the city. We often have talks about technology and self independence of technology. It would seem we blow each other's minds on a daily basis......no pun intended.
In this day and age being on a phone all day is just the norm and even I catch myself staring at my iPhone longer than I know I should. It's really out of boredom and people don't know how to utilize their downtime any better than surfing on the net or miscing. Such is life in the 21st century.

IH8RICE
06-29-2014, 06:39 PM
I for one always carry my cell phone at gym.

Comes in handy for taking stealh photos of men inthe locker room...

Wait wut

Tarry mine in the gym but it's only an iPod while I'm in the gym. My gym has wifi so I put y phone on airplane mode and listen to Pandora or spotify and turn my text message indicator to silent.

Corbi
06-29-2014, 06:41 PM
A few months back I was at UW Madison hospital and I laughed and pointed out to my wife when one of the nurses pulled out her flip phone and told her I wasn't that much outta the times. The nurse told me that everyone except the Dr's at the hospital is prohibited from using smart phones since people tend to spend too much time on them just screwing off.

Brackneyc
06-29-2014, 06:42 PM
Some dickhead parked his Corvette in the gym today. The nerve of some guys. Srs.

Corbi
06-29-2014, 06:51 PM
So long as he keeps the Camaro out don't say or do anything.

Postmort3m
06-29-2014, 06:52 PM
And throw some dumbbells and scream "You mad brah? You mirin"?

Don't forget to mutter something about manlets

Brackneyc
06-29-2014, 07:49 PM
So long as he keeps the Camaro out don't say or do anything.

At one time, he had both of them parked there. You know what you do in-between sets....wax on, wax off. :D

scullin
06-29-2014, 07:49 PM
lol I wouldn't use mine in a commercial gym but when I train at home (which is most of the time) I'll admit I'm on mine the whole time except for cardio which is usually running outside

cowboybiker
06-29-2014, 08:02 PM
Don't forget to mutter something about manlets

You gotta hand it to manlets.

Cause sometimes they cant reach.

Brackneyc
06-29-2014, 08:05 PM
You gotta hand it to manlets.

Cause sometimes they cant reach.

Kneel down and say that to our faces. :D:D:D

cowboybiker
06-29-2014, 08:09 PM
Don't let them near a step stool.

They might kick you in the knee.

mikieson
06-29-2014, 08:28 PM
If they not in the way why worry? Get in get out done..

cowboybiker
06-29-2014, 08:32 PM
If they not in the way why worry? Get in get out done..
Are you serious?

Brackneyc
06-29-2014, 08:39 PM
Are you serious?
He is, and don't call him Shirley.

cowboybiker
06-29-2014, 08:40 PM
He is, and don't call him Shirley.

So I should tell him to lighten up Francis?

Brackneyc
06-29-2014, 08:41 PM
So I should tell him to lighten up Francis?

Only if you desire to make his list, or possibly be killed.

cowboybiker
06-29-2014, 08:44 PM
Only if you desire to make his list, or possibly be killed.

As long as I don't touch his stuff.

bethanyraylmart
06-29-2014, 08:52 PM
I use my phone for music when I workout and just turn off texts and calls and Facebook I'm having me time I don't want people to f*** that up

imazinger
06-29-2014, 08:53 PM
Who gives a phuk if someone is sitting on there ass texting or what have you , I'm in there to get my stuff done and not worry what some guy wasting his time is doing. If they in my way I ask them to move and they get the hint

cowboybiker
06-29-2014, 10:11 PM
Who gives a phuk if someone is sitting on there ass texting or what have you , I'm in there to get my stuff done and not worry what some guy wasting his time is doing. If they in my way I ask them to move and they get the hintWhere's the fun in that?

Throw a dumbbell at them, then they'll get he hint.

RobRocks
06-29-2014, 10:18 PM
it happens here in China as well,go to the gym spend your workout time on your phone,A young guy was in the gym using his ph I went up to him and said are you here to train or to play on your phone.

I took the phone off him and told him to go and put it i his locker.

Karl_Hungus
06-30-2014, 12:40 AM
it happens here in China as well,go to the gym spend your workout time on your phone,A young guy was in the gym using his ph I went up to him and said are you here to train or to play on your phone.

I took the phone off him and told him to go and put it i his locker.

^^ Well sh!t. I guess you showed him.

IronCharles
06-30-2014, 12:46 AM
Now how am I gonna take my progress selfies without my phone? You guise....... :rolleyes:

http://imagecdn.bodybuilding.com/img/user_images/growable/2013/10/11/18141852/progresspic/mFMrpIjBnKadUDpKBqAxzwZxYaXuGWoaQlPW-610xh.jpg

http://www.silveryhat.com/fun_pix/data/u-mad-bro.gif

Kansas123
06-30-2014, 01:01 AM
I get on my phone during my rests. I don't see a problem with it. I don't go out of my way or increase my rest to be on my phone but I'd rather be on my phone than just sit there doing nothing.

Corbi
06-30-2014, 03:36 AM
now how am i gonna take my progress selfies without my phone? You guise....... :rolleyes:

http://imagecdn.bodybuilding.com/img/user_images/growable/2013/10/11/18141852/progresspic/mfmrpijbnkadudpkbqaxzwzxyaxugwoaqlpw-610xh.jpg

dyel?

heatwave13
06-30-2014, 05:21 AM
Wow, reading these comments makes me appreciate being able to do all my workouts at home.

beachguy498
06-30-2014, 06:43 AM
My phone stays in the car. All I carry is my water bottle with my keys clipped to it and maybe bring my hat.

I have a Samsung flip phone, heavy duty, drop proof, supposedly water resistant. I do machine shop work and will lean on the phone at times when I reach into a CNC mill to change a part or doing a set up. The glass ones always broke on me. Did I say it costs me $30 a month? I may get an i-phone one of these days, but will keep the flip phone for just running around town, at work, at the beach, etc. Friggin' i-phones are just too delicate for what I do.

StressMonkey
06-30-2014, 07:34 AM
I can't go 30 minutes without looking at my cell phone, but I always leave it in the car during gym time. The gym is my "break" from everything, including that.

#gettinswole #chestpress #sohotinthegymtoday #alltheguysinthegymwontquitstaringatme #theymyrin

I laughed!

Now how am I gonna take my progress selfies without my phone? You guise....... :rolleyes:
http://imagecdn.bodybuilding.com/img/user_images/growable/2013/10/11/18141852/progresspic/mFMrpIjBnKadUDpKBqAxzwZxYaXuGWoaQlPW-610xh.jpg

IC, you work out in a clothing store? :confused:

IH8RICE
06-30-2014, 08:53 AM
Where's the fun in that?

Throw a dumbbell at them, then they'll get he hint.

Remember to shove their faces in your bum then fart on them. You have to Assert yourself as the dominant alpha male in the gym.

x-trainer ben
06-30-2014, 09:04 AM
I am convinced that some people go to the gym just to get out of the house after seeing what so many different people do while hanging out there.

silverlightning
06-30-2014, 09:04 AM
another phone in gym thread. there's people that don't sweat while working out and not using cell phones. i'm in my own world in there.

DasPhilosopher
06-30-2014, 09:07 AM
Tfw when i don't even lift.

Corbi
06-30-2014, 06:10 PM
another phone in gym thread.

Actually it was more of a skinny lil manlets who can't bench #25db's because they spend all their time staring at a smartphone thread.

RT1957
06-30-2014, 11:12 PM
cell phones.....another reason I workout at home. I actually use mine to track rest periods between sets and workout length. I keep it on the stop watch app

IronCharles
07-01-2014, 04:38 AM
http://ericwestern.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/textrack.jpg

IC, you work out in a clothing store? :confused:

Yes. Fredericks of Hollywood. U mad?

dyel?

http://d22d7v2y1t140g.cloudfront.net/m_1469703_5q3EtoAHtva5.jpg

silverlightning
07-01-2014, 08:56 PM
I get on my phone during my rests. I don't see a problem with it. I don't go out of my way or increase my rest to be on my phone but I'd rather be on my phone than just sit there doing nothing.

You're 19, It's Expected Of You. Please Go The The Regular misc.

Justin93
07-05-2014, 01:18 PM

Damn Master Roshi! Beast mode

And OP just tell their scrawny asses to get up so you can do your sets, then go on about your business

mirroroferised
07-05-2014, 02:18 PM

Sitting around and doing nothing is underrated imo.

KRANE
07-05-2014, 03:15 PM
I have 3 cameras and none of them are connected to a phone.
cell phones.....another reason I workout at home. I actually use mine to track rest periods between sets and workout length. I keep it on the stop watch appYou can run but you cannot hide: Supermarket cell phone zombies to the rescue.
you should see these kids on campus with their phones..not supposed to have them in class so of course they all have them out under the desks :)
I like it when they walk right into each other or better yet a lamp post :DWalk into all the lamp post you like but not into me. I broadcast my objection whenever I see a cell phone zombie approaching me. Dumb brain dead zombies just run into me and don't even say anything. Just look up as if its my fault.
I know a guy at work like this. He has a flip phone for basically just in case calls of when his family needs to get in touch with him. He's more of a nature guy and has a place up in the mountains and down in the city. We often have talks about technology and self independence of technology. It would seem we blow each other's minds on a daily basis......no pun intended.
In this day and age being on a phone all day is just the norm and even I catch myself staring at my iPhone longer than I know I should. It's really out of boredom and people don't know how to utilize their downtime any better than surfing on the net or miscing. Such is life in the 21st century.Its a cell phone addition. The largest addiction in the history of the world. You're one of THEM.

Corbi
07-05-2014, 04:34 PM
Damn Master Roshi! Beast mode

And OP just tell their scrawny asses to get up so you can do your sets, then go on about your business

Believe me I have zero issues with telling anyone to get their lazy ass off a piece of equipment if I need it. have yet to have anyone to tell me to go fuk myself. I almost had a BH moment last night at the Alic Cooper/Motley Crue concert. Skinny fuk next to me dressed like David Lee Roth was an annoying little ****, kept standing up so peeps in back couldn't see **** and they mutter but not say anything to him, so I poked him in the back and told him to sit the fuk down as he was blocking everyone elses view. He tells me "I can't see all that well unless i stand" so i respond with "you sit down or I will beat the fuk out out of your skinny ass"...and that is 100% real talk in BH words. The 2 guys behind us were freakin out because I went off on this lil $hit and they thought for sure a fight was coming and to be brutally honest I was hoping for one myself. Pussy backed down and sat his ass down.

RT1957
07-05-2014, 04:44 PM
I have 3 cameras and none of them are connected to a phone.You can run but you cannot hide: Supermarket cell phone zombies to the rescue.Walk into all the lamp post you like but not into me. I broadcast my objection whenever I see a cell phone zombie approaching me. Dumb brain dead zombies just run into me and don't even say anything. Just look up as if its my fault.Its a cell phone addition. The largest addiction in the history of the world. You're one of THEM.

No different than looking at the second hand on wall clock...I ain't texting, making calls or looking up songs....and I'm not hogging anyone's equipment :)....I use it as a work tool for interval training...I guess I could go buy a stop watch and then look at that....what would be the difference....?

ChazWood
07-05-2014, 05:13 PM
Believe me I have zero issues with telling anyone to get their lazy ass off a piece of equipment if I need it. have yet to have anyone to tell me to go fuk myself. I almost had a BH moment last night at the Alic Cooper/Motley Crue concert. Skinny fuk next to me dressed like David Lee Roth was an annoying little ****, kept standing up so peeps in back couldn't see **** and they mutter but not say anything to him, so I poked him in the back and told him to sit the fuk down as he was blocking everyone elses view. He tells me "I can't see all that well unless i stand" so i respond with "you sit down or I will beat the fuk out out of your skinny ass"...and that is 100% real talk in BH words. The 2 guys behind us were freakin out because I went off on this lil $hit and they thought for sure a fight was coming and to be brutally honest I was hoping for one myself. Pussy backed down and sat his ass down.

Cliffs: Do NOT get between Corbi and his fav Metal Bands.

http://i58.tinypic.com/soyefq.jpg

SuperZar
07-05-2014, 06:18 PM
I'm always walking around looking/typing on my phone at the gym ... but it's cause I've got my workout log in there! I don't sit around typing away though. A quick check and edit generally before/after each set or exercise. I'm using MS OneNote. Every edit I make on the phone shows up on my PC, and any changes to the workout schedule I make on the PC show up on the phone when I'm at the gym. Pretty cool.

EjnarKolinkar
07-05-2014, 07:06 PM
Im on mine right now. Somebody is curling in my squat rack. Ok he's gone ive be hovering a bit close I suppose. Sofa king awesome.

KRANE
07-05-2014, 08:03 PM
I'm always walking around looking/typing on my phone at the gym ... but it's cause I've got my workout log in there! I don't sit around typing away though. A quick check and edit generally before/after each set or exercise. I'm using MS OneNote. Every edit I make on the phone shows up on my PC, and any changes to the workout schedule I make on the PC show up on the phone when I'm at the gym. Pretty cool.Correction: Not cool.

SuperZar
07-05-2014, 08:19 PM
Correction: Not cool.

Technology, when used wisely is your friend. Don't be afraid.

Guinea-pig
07-05-2014, 08:49 PM
You guys are looking at this all wrong , it's just the new school of bodybuilding kicking in.

I'm old school by the way. :)

ImMikeB
07-05-2014, 08:52 PM
I think there should be some sort of cell phone jammer in every gym, then maybe the bench warmers would actually get something done. Yesterday there were 2 individuals who came in and during an hr long period are lucky if they performed 4 sets of anything. Constantly playing with their damn phones, had to kick one off a bench because I needed it and all he was doing was texting. Funny thing is there were 3-4 others and we were all busting ass and it was pretty damn hot in the joint and we were all sweaty and nasty. The 2 primadonas on their phones didn't have a drop of sweat and were a couple of the skinniest lil $hits I have seen at a gym yet. You would think they would want to actually work out so they could stop benching with the #20 db's...and no I am not joking about that.

My gym has absolutely no service,,,but i use my cell phone for writing down my workouts

DirtyD79
07-05-2014, 08:57 PM
Agreed! It's the gym, people. Lift or GTFO!

Brackneyc
07-05-2014, 09:07 PM
As long as they have it away while driving, IDGAF what they do with their phone, or where. While driving, be driving. All other times, text or chat, or surf porn....IDC.

CKBB
07-05-2014, 09:31 PM
I don't own a cell phone myself (unthinkable, I know) but to my great surprise this has not been a problem in the gyms I've been to here in Korea.

It's a problem everywhere else: classrooms, workplaces, social events, walking down the street (literally on the road itself), weddings, while driving.

But for whatever reason, I have yet to see someone absentmindedly taking up useful space in the gym on their cell phone. Some people even leave their phones on a little table by the water cooler, only checking them a few times during their workout. Those that do go on an extended text-a-thon will sit somewhere off to the side, for which I am grateful.