PDA

View Full Version : Spouse recognition thread, share here...

bodyhard
06-28-2014, 01:51 PM
I say we give a shout out to our significant other, you don't have to post a pic of him or her like I choose to do, but give a shout out to them for all they have done for you..

My wife Patty means to the world to me, this woman has been with me for 32 years, has put up with all of my bullsh!t, has loved me unconditionally.

There is nothing this woman wont do for anyone, she is the kindest, sweetest, good hearted person you will ever meet. She puts everyone else ahead of her and puts her own wants/needs aside at a drop of a hat.

I honestly believe there is not a single bad bone is this woman's body. Without her I would be nothing....

Here is to my wife Patty...
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj74/bodyhard_2008/pattyandme2014_zps888837a2.jpg (http://s269.photobucket.com/user/bodyhard_2008/media/pattyandme2014_zps888837a2.jpg.html)

Cass40
06-28-2014, 03:29 PM
Aaww..she's so cute!! <3

I'll be back, but I have to go now, sorry..

induced_drag
06-28-2014, 03:36 PM
BH,

I can finally say I totally agree with you on something ;). I really can not say enough about my wife.

She is probably the most self-less person I know. She gives everything of herself to those she loves. She chose to stay home and raise our children (which is a waaaay harder job then I ever had). She has been there to be the rock of our family though all the ups and downs.

The next part is 100% truth. While I think she is the most beautiful woman for many reasons, those that do not know her personally are struck by her physical beauty. Babies and small kids are the funniest. She gets told she looks like a princess by young kids and they just gravitate towards her. You have never seen a warmer loving smile then on my wife. She is usually the center of attention in any room. And all without trying. She dresses very modestly, yet she has a figure that most 20 yo would be jealous of. Again....all without even trying.

She really is a pretty girl. It is effortless for her. Yet, she is completely uncomfortable with it. She is the furthest thing from vain. She will never admit to herself or others how pretty she is. It just is who she is. It is almost like she is not of this world.

Seems like a lot of stuff about looks....but that is it. The amazing thing, is she is 100 times prettier on the inside then the out. As unbelievable as that sounds it is true.

I feel lucky and grateful to have such a wonderful partner and best friend.

SP1966
06-28-2014, 03:39 PM
She tolerates me, need I say more?

BergMuscle
06-28-2014, 04:18 PM
I love that my wife gets my sense of humor. I can be a bit goofy and make oddball, improv-like takes on all kinds of things and she gets both the truth and the "funny". She also gets what things upset me and stress me out, even when they don't push the same buttons for her. She doesn't expect me to be like her - and vice versa.

The longer we've been together, the better we get how to support each other. (Started dating October 1983, married March 1985 - so that's over 30 years as a couple, 29 of them married.)

doughnutgut
06-28-2014, 05:23 PM
My good lady has put up with me through my years of drinking. She has never raised her voice in all the time we have been together. Just often shook her head in disappointment at my actions.

A gem that shines through in a wall covered in stones. A pure soulmate who in words is just simply not possible to describe without missing something out.

A lady who is never impressed with how she looks. Always finds flaws in herself. But to me is total perfection inside and out.

We are total opposites. But this seems to have us joined at the hip. Without this lady. I can not imagine where I would be today.

I have no issue with a pic BH.

My boy Harry and the good lady.

http://i.imgur.com/JrxU9KO.jpg?1

bodyhard
06-28-2014, 05:59 PM
I can't believe people wont even give a shot out to their SO SMH.......

Aaww..she's so cute!! <3

I'll be back, but I have to go now, sorry..

We will still be here....

BH,

I can finally say I totally agree with you on something ;). I really can not say enough about my wife.

She is probably the most self-less person I know. She gives everything of herself to those she loves. She chose to stay home and raise our children (which is a waaaay harder job then I ever had). She has been there to be the rock of our family though all the ups and downs.

The next part is 100% truth. While I think she is the most beautiful woman for many reasons, those that do not know her personally are struck by her physical beauty. Babies and small kids are the funniest. She gets told she looks like a princess by young kids and they just gravitate towards her. You have never seen a warmer loving smile then on my wife. She is usually the center of attention in any room. And all without trying. She dresses very modestly, yet she has a figure that most 20 yo would be jealous of. Again....all without even trying.

She really is a pretty girl. It is effortless for her. Yet, she is completely uncomfortable with it. She is the furthest thing from vain. She will never admit to herself or others how pretty she is. It just is who she is. It is almost like she is not of this world.

Seems like a lot of stuff about looks....but that is it. The amazing thing, is she is 100 times prettier on the inside then the out. As unbelievable as that sounds it is true.

I feel lucky and grateful to have such a wonderful partner and best friend.

Mad props!!

She tolerates me, need I say more?

That says a lot! :)

I love that my wife gets my sense of humor. I can be a bit goofy and make oddball, improv-like takes on all kinds of things and she gets both the truth and the "funny". She also gets what things upset me and stress me out, even when they don't push the same buttons for her. She doesn't expect me to be like her - and vice versa.

The longer we've been together, the better we get how to support each other. (Started dating October 1983, married March 1985 - so that's over 30 years as a couple, 29 of them married.)

Mad Props!

My good lady has put up with me through my years of drinking. She has never raised her voice in all the time we have been together. Just often shook her head in disappointment at my actions.

A gem that shines through in a wall covered in stones. A pure soulmate who in words is just simply not possible to describe without missing something out.

A lady who is never impressed with how she looks. Always finds flaws in herself. But to me is total perfection inside and out.

We are total opposites. But this seems to have us joined at the hip. Without this lady. I can not imagine where I would be today.

I have no issue with a pic BH.

My boy Harry and the good lady.

http://i.imgur.com/JrxU9KO.jpg?1

Mad props!!

Cass40
06-28-2014, 06:25 PM
Wow you guys seem to have angels as wives. Kinda makes me feel bad for my husband..

Oh I don't know what to say about my husband. He's everything to me, always there for me, always cares, always takes care of me..
He thinks I'm funny. He sees me differently than anyone else.
He always says I love you. He never hold crutches. He's kind, just, honest, always does what's right.
The list goes on..

raynerd
06-28-2014, 07:06 PM
My wife is my everything. I was an alcoholic when we met, she stood by me through it all. I nearly lost my job, but supported me throughout my rehabilitation and told me she will always be at my side. Before we had kids together, she took on my 2 year old boy from my previous marriage and treated him like her own.

We had twin boys together, they were born extremely premature 1.7lbs and 2lbs. We spent 2 1/2 months together in Toronto while they were fighting for survival. Her strength was amazing, she kept us all together and strong. We had another boy since.

She has suffered with Ulcerative Colitis since she was 13 years old, yet she has so much energy and stays so positive, she makes me want to be the best person I can ever be. She is truly an angel.

I got extremely sick a couple years ago with strep A bacteremia, I was nearly dead on a ventilator for 7 days. I had a 1% chance of survival. I believe it was my love for her that brought me back. She was pregnant with our youngest boy at the time and stayed with me day and night.

My wife and I have been through hell and back, I thank God everyday for bringing her into my life. She is the most beautiful woman inside and out I could ever have dreamed of. She is an incredible mother to our 4 boys, a selfless person with nothing but love to give. I must have done something really good at some point in my mixed up past to have an angel like her be in my life.

I will spend every day of the rest of life working to make her happy, because she deserves all the happiness in the world

...and did I mention she lifts?!! Lol

bodyhard
06-28-2014, 07:21 PM
Wow you guys seem to have angels as wives. Kinda makes me feel bad for my husband..

Oh I don't know what to say about my husband. He's everything to me, always there for me, always cares, always takes care of me..
He thinks I'm funny. He sees me differently than anyone else.
He always says I love you. He never hold crutches. He's kind, just, honest, always does what's right.
The list goes on..

My wife is my everything. I was an alcoholic when we met, she stood by me through it all. I nearly lost my job, but supported me throughout my rehabilitation and told me she will always be at my side. Before we had kids together, she took on my 2 year old boy from my previous marriage and treated him like her own.

We had twin boys together, they were born extremely premature 1.7lbs and 2lbs. We spent 2 1/2 months together in Toronto while they were fighting for survival. Her strength was amazing, she kept us all together and strong. We had another boy since.

She has suffered with Ulcerative Colitis since she was 13 years old, yet she has so much energy and stays so positive, she makes me want to be the best person I can ever be. She is truly an angel.

I got extremely sick a couple years ago with strep A bacteremia, I was nearly dead on a ventilator for 7 days. I had a 1% chance of survival. I believe it was my love for her that brought me back. She was pregnant with our youngest boy at the time and stayed with me day and night.

My wife and I have been through hell and back, I thank God everyday for bringing her into my life. She is the most beautiful woman inside and out I could ever have dreamed of. She is an incredible mother to our 4 boys, a selfless person with nothing but love to give. I must have done something really good at some point in my mixed up past to have an angel like her be in my life.

I will spend every day of the rest of life working to make her happy, because she deserves all the happiness in the world

...and did I mention she lifts?!! Lol

Keep em coming folks...

I can't believe more people are not up to just saying some nice words about their SO......

frozensparky
06-28-2014, 08:01 PM
Not my wife yet but we've been engaged for a few years now. She's just under 5 feet of dynamite and her coupled with my children (Logan 6) and (Julia 16, step daughter from my marriage) they are my world.

But since this is about her I will tell you she is not perfect but she is perfect for me. She loves my children and has stepped into that role very well. She is passionate, kind, giving (to a fault sometimes) and just the right amount of crazy lol.

We have made it through contest prep together and for anybody that ever has prepped knows how tough it is for one person in a house doing it let alone 2.

Here's my love

http://i.imgur.com/0zqdLzf.png

Cass40
06-28-2014, 08:04 PM
Hawt ^

frozensparky
06-28-2014, 08:55 PM
Hawt ^

I like to think so. And like ID said about his wife ang is also beautiful on the inside. I have to admit it was her looks that made that instant attraction to her but the person she is, is what made it what it is today

ChazWood
06-28-2014, 09:30 PM
She chose to stay home and raise our children (which is a waaaay harder job then I ever had).
than I ever had.

I'm not giving up on you, ID!

Cass40
06-28-2014, 09:58 PM
than I ever had.

I'm not giving up on you, ID!

I noticed that too :D I was like really??

ajdahlheimer
06-29-2014, 08:17 AM
Been together for 15 years, married for 11. She's given me three little monsters I live for (ages 9, 8, and 6) and has been with me through all the ups and downs. Beautiful person inside and out. And I think her most admirable quality is I have never once been afraid to tell her the truth on anything. Great wife, mom, great professional (currently working full-time AND taking MBA courses). She's the total package and YES--I fully admit I out-kicked my coverage here, lol. One thing I noticed is everyone who has posted pics has some amazing looking spouses (wonder if it has anything to do with that whole "lifting" thing I can hearing about :-)

http://i62.tinypic.com/2ukra.jpg
http://i60.tinypic.com/68elvn.jpg
http://i61.tinypic.com/dxlm3c.jpg
http://i59.tinypic.com/1zgukww.jpg
http://i57.tinypic.com/34g3t3p.jpg

Kiennor
06-29-2014, 08:33 AM
16 years together. Some good some bad. Pic of her and my youngest from last November when his football team won the championship. http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b488/Kielin613/20131109_121006_zpsv4936uqw.jpg (http://s1288.photobucket.com/user/Kielin613/media/20131109_121006_zpsv4936uqw.jpg.html)

djflex
06-29-2014, 08:45 AM
I will give a shout to my wife. She is a great women.

Sometimes wonder what she is doing with me.

DeTazMan
06-29-2014, 09:36 AM
I want to give a shout out to mi esposa Peggy. We have been together almost four years and married about two and a half. We were both getting ovr 20+ year marriages when we met and at the time, I had figured I would never get married again.. That all changed when I met her. She is my life

bodyhard
06-29-2014, 12:17 PM
Thats what I am talking about guys....

Big shout out to the SO!!

Bando
06-29-2014, 02:31 PM
Married in 1997. She was at my side when my Mom died, and I was at hers when her Mom, Dad, Aunt and Grampa passed. We've had some tough breaks but are committed to each other for life. I'm lucky to have her, hard working, selfless and a devoted and loving mother and spouse.

http://i.imgur.com/pYMNL9El.jpg

bodyhard
06-29-2014, 02:36 PM
Big ups Bando.

scullin
06-29-2014, 06:55 PM
I've landed on the wrong thread. My wife (separated) pretty much ignores that I exist. Can't even get a return phone call to talk to my kids today. Can't wait to get divorce process over though. Never thought I'd say that but it is what it is. Wasted the last 12 years but moving forward. Got GREAT things on the horizon though. Potential new GF is awesome though (and 12 years younger lol), I just need to get my stuff finally settled.

bodyhard
06-30-2014, 04:10 AM
I've landed on the wrong thread. My wife (separated) pretty much ignores that I exist. Can't even get a return phone call to talk to my kids today. Can't wait to get divorce process over though. Never thought I'd say that but it is what it is. Wasted the last 12 years but moving forward. Got GREAT things on the horizon though. Potential new GF is awesome though (and 12 years younger lol), I just need to get my stuff finally settled.

Sorry to hear this man :(

Big ups on the new GF! :)

beachguy498
06-30-2014, 04:34 AM
Me and Barbara were 13 days shy of being married 31 years (she died on the 13th, I was born on the 13th... WTF is up with the numbers 1 & 3?).

She was everything to me and also a lot of other people. She was a 2nd mother to my niece Cheryl. Right up until late October, she was at every fitting for Cheryl's wedding gown. She had the final say on all alterations (she's an experienced dress maker) and the gown was just perfect.

She somehow kept the whole big family together for holidays, deaths in the family, events, you name it, she was on top of it. She always managed to get these great jobs, some she was just thrown into but she always figured it out. She had a knack for being able to keep her cool in any situation. Her last job, she could not have worked with a better group of people, they all loved her. She was always right there for our 2 boys, PTA, Scouting, any school committee. She was PTA president in 3 schools through the years.

Did I say she was beautiful? She always looked 10 years younger than she was, thick jet black hair even at age 58, maybe a stray of gray here and there and she never colored it. I'll have to post up some pictures of her in the coming days.

So how do I ever think that I could top what I had? I feel that she was one in a million and with any other woman, I'd be trading-down.

ridefattires
06-30-2014, 11:44 PM
The simple truth is that I love my wife(holli). She is a wonderful person. Caring, compassionate, generous, loving, gentle.

We've been together for 17 years, married for 14. The truth be told, the road has been more than rocky. She and I have one child together. He is my inspiration. When he was born there were complications. He later developed additional disabilities. These circumstances will be life long unless nothing short of a miracle occurs.
The strain on our marriage has been tremendous. I often wonder how we have survived. We've both changed in many ways with glimpses of who we were. Presenting from time to time.
I see the woman who stole my heart and soul every day. Some times I can reach her sometimes not. It makes me sad. I can only say this, I love you Holli, I will never stop loving you and I will die trying.
Husband.

Thanks BH, I needed that more than I can express.

hmmmm16417
07-01-2014, 12:32 AM
good thread. I have been telling everyone how wonderful my wife is for several years. (married for 4 years) She is a great person, beautiful, and even has brains!!! lol Even though she basically told me yesterday that I'm a sh!tty husband, I still love everything about her and am looking forward to many years with her. Don't worry, things will be fine..... it's just one of those times that we both have to give a little because we are both stubborn lol she has been ok with my recent workout / diet plan and has actually started on her own journey. Although it was NOT intended to make her feel bad, she said that since I've gotten in shape she feels like she's not good enough for me.....wtf? Working on complimenting her and supporting her to let her know that she is still, and always will be, the love of my life and remove all doubt! my view is that it's normal phase of the marriage and anyone that has been married for any length of time knows that it's not a fairytale....it's not 50/50 ..... it take 100% from both sides!!!!

(tmi? lol)
anyways.....this is the most recent pic I have of my beautiful wife.....just posing with a hat a couple weeks ago at the grand opening of the new "feild and stream" store
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q296/hmmmm16417/katehat.jpg

Dr0Scott
07-01-2014, 12:56 AM
I don't think any of us would have achieved half of what we have without the love, support or encouragement of friends, family or significant others - so a big thank you from me goes out to everyone that has played a part, however small, in helping me achieve both my minor accomplishments and major achievements!

It's great to see an appreciation of the support network that so many us benefit from, and probably take for granted a little too much from time to time.

so-tex
07-01-2014, 01:13 AM
I just saw this thread. Didn't scroll through it, but 26 years here. Susan put up with my wild and crazy ass throughout the years, and now I'm taking care of her with her MS. Never cheated, but in the early years I was a hell raiser.

Beggserker
07-01-2014, 01:25 AM
Havent been married long (Together for 5yrs, married 3yrs in August) & it sounds cliche but My wife Christina is my other half I would probably feel less than nothing without her & feel like I cant tell her enough how much she means to me...enjoying the simple things with her is easy, we love going to the movies always switching which gets to pick (were still regretting Springbreakers...her choice), there are days that all I want to do is be @ home with her just talking & sometimes enjoying those comfortable silences where there isnt anything that needs to be said bc your content. Lol that is not to say we havent had our rough share of things even with the short years of us but nothing could limit my happiness towards her.

PermaBulk610
07-01-2014, 02:14 AM
Met my wife Victoria at a time when I needed her most. She's easily the most amazing person I know. Such a huge kind heart. Incredibly Loyal and she's head over heels in love with me. Not really sure what I did in life to deserve her but I'm so grateful for her. My life would be nothing without her. Literally. When we met I was living in the world's dumpiest apartment with a dead end job. But she fell in love with me anyways. She inspired me to do better by her actions alone and what she was doing with her life. Now I have a great career and we own our own home. This Monday July 7th will be our 2 year anniversary and I pray we last the rest of our lives. She is the most amazing woman I've ever known.

scullin
07-01-2014, 02:29 AM
Sorry to hear this man :(

Big ups on the new GF! :)

Thanks. I'm definitely over it. New girl is amazing every possible way!

beachguy498
07-01-2014, 04:11 AM
I just saw this thread. Didn't scroll through it, but 26 years here. Susan put up with my wild and crazy ass throughout the years, and now I'm taking care of her with her MS. Never cheated, but in the early years I was a hell raiser.

I was a crazy mofo when I met Barbara, that may have been part of the attraction. She tamed me down and I told her that one day I'd make lots of money, take care of her forever and we'd have beautiful children. I kept all of those promises. Nothing humbles a man as much as taking care of a sick wife.

MsBodyhard
07-01-2014, 04:49 PM
I can't believe you actually did this but you did. I love you.

bodyhard
07-01-2014, 04:58 PM
I can't believe you actually did this but you did. I love you.

Holy sh!t, so you just decided to pop up on here? Tired of FB? :)

Cass40
07-01-2014, 05:11 PM
Patty has an account? :eek:

Hi patty! :)

bodyhard
07-01-2014, 05:16 PM
Patty has an account? :eek:

Hi patty! :)

Yeahs she sure does, she did it just to check up on me and keep me in line :eek:

MsBodyhard
07-01-2014, 05:19 PM
Hi cass40 yes I am Johns better half :)

bodyhard
07-01-2014, 05:21 PM

Better half? OK lets not get it twisted over here!!

:D :D

DeTazMan
07-01-2014, 07:51 PM
Yeahs she sure does, she did it just to check up on me and keep me in line :eek:

Somebody has to :p

raynerd
07-01-2014, 07:57 PM

Lol

hmmmm16417
07-01-2014, 08:28 PM
Holy sh!t, so you just decided to pop up on here? Tired of FB? :)
oooooooohhhhhhh SNAP! LOL
maybe not enough drama on facebook.....

does she know how to use the search feature? :0

it's all good, you have done nothing but brag about how wonderful she is and how she has put up with your sh!t ..... I think you may have even admitted that she WAS your better half in a thread or two justsayin

welcome Patty!!!!!!!

this isn't you creating a phantom account to troll though is it..... jk