PDA

View Full Version : Extended Rest Interval Training

keyboardworkout
06-27-2014, 09:24 PM
Extended Rest Interval Training: Adapted from popular High Intensity Interval Training regimens, Extended Rest Interval Training (ERIT) requires the body to stay alert for up to 16-18 hours a day and then take 6 to 8 hours of rest, repeated every day of the week.

Has anyone tried this for extended periods? Do you typically take a week off after 3-4 weeks straight of this? I have heard some just train 5 days straight and then take 2 days off. Any thoughts?

Fishman15
06-27-2014, 09:44 PM
Extended Rest Interval Training: Adapted from popular High Intensity Interval Training regimens, Extended Rest Interval Training (ERIT) requires the body to stay alert for up to 16-18 hours a day and then take 6 to 8 hours of rest, repeated every day of the week.

Has anyone tried this for extended periods? Do you typically take a week off after 3-4 weeks straight of this? I have heard some just train 5 days straight and then take 2 days off. Any thoughts?

I must not be doing it right because I only get 5 to 6 hours of sleep every day. Even my days off when I can sleep in, I might get 7 hours tops...

acrawlingchaos
06-28-2014, 06:09 AM
I don't get it. Most people stay awake for 16-18 hours and then sleep 6-8.

What do you mean by "alert". Please explain.

DuracellBunny
06-28-2014, 06:36 AM

English m'fker do you speak it?

theKurp
06-28-2014, 07:03 AM
I think Extended Rest Interval Training dovetails quite nicely with the Yin & Yang breathing exercises. First you inhale, then you exhale. Works wonders for extending one's life.

keyboardworkout
06-28-2014, 10:06 AM
I don't get it. Most people stay awake for 16-18 hours and then sleep 6-8.

You must be a rocket surgeon. ;-)

acrawlingchaos
06-28-2014, 10:14 AM
You must be a rocket surgeon. ;-)I did a search and google doesn't know what the f*ck you're talking about either.

I asked a serious question. Did you actually want to discuss the topic you brought up, or were you just looking to be an a**hole?

keyboardworkout
06-28-2014, 10:17 AM
I did a search and google doesn't know what the f*ck you're talking about either.

I asked a serious question. Did you actually want to discuss the topic you brought up, or were you just looking to be an a**hole?

It's a joke, think about what I posted. You're taking things a bit too seriously.

acrawlingchaos
06-28-2014, 10:20 AM
It's a joke, think about what I posted. You're taking things a bit too seriously.I win

keyboardworkout
06-28-2014, 10:23 AM
I win

You can't troll the troll. That ain't right.