PDA

View Full Version : Kansas City Chiefs name is also offensive and should be changed.

ElMariachi
06-26-2014, 11:57 AM
According to the plaintiff in the Redskins trademark lawsuit.

The Washington Redskins aren’t the only NFL team whose name bothers some Native Americans.

The Kansas City Chiefs should also change their name to avoid giving offense, according to Amanda Blackhorse, the lead plaintiff in the case that the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office just decided against the Redskins.

“I’m not sure there’s anything the [Chiefs] can do at this point other than look for another name,” Blackhorse told the Kansas City Star. “They could be the team that says, ‘You know what? We understand the issue and we don’t want to be Dan Snyder and fight this in court forever. We want to do the right thing and move forward and avoid this entire battle.’ I’m sure fans will be upset, but still, that’s doing the right thing. If they want to be sensitive to Native American people, that’s the thing to do.”

Blackhorse’s sister, Kristy Blackhorse, is part of a group of Native Americans in Arizona who plan to protest at two Cardinals games this season — not only when the Redskins come to town in October, but also when the Chiefs come to town in December.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/26/plaintiff-in-redskins-patent-case-urges-chiefs-to-change-their-name/

At some point people need to put their foot down and put an end to all this PC bull****.

Dan916
06-26-2014, 12:07 PM
Left wingers not even once.

Lunatic
06-26-2014, 12:07 PM
Gotta love how pussified this country has become.

East1600plus
06-26-2014, 12:09 PM
dear god it's just chiefs... CHIEFS... i get redskins even though i still think its BS on that whole thing... but c'mon.... next PETA will be coming after like the Broncos n what not

Fappinbrah88
Fuk this gay earth (oh sh!t the word gay is offensive too)

JeepCreeper
I'm pretty offended by the Dallas Cowboys.

poonpounder311
06-26-2014, 12:10 PM
Amanda Blackhorse

Her last name is offensive to horses and should be changed immediately.

Dan916
06-26-2014, 12:10 PM
Gotta love how pussified this country has become.

MSNBC won't even say the names

qUt2YTVrxRc

JeepCreeper
06-26-2014, 12:11 PM
New name suggestions : Turd Sandwich or Giant Douche.

Lunatic
06-26-2014, 12:12 PM

qUt2YTVrxRcIt's official... America sucks

East1600plus
06-26-2014, 12:14 PM
Amanda Blackhorse

Her last name is offensive to horses and should be changed immediately.

ya why is her name have to do with black horses... what about those beautiful white horses hell i even like the brown horses (does no one remember shadowfax LotR horse?)

redskins is a racial slur now? how many black dudes are like WTF C'MON U LET .... GO FOREVER...

can i say the R word now?

GetBig0rDieTryn
06-26-2014, 12:22 PM
redskins is a racial slur now? How many black dudes are like wtf c'mon u let .... Go forever...

Can i say the r word now?

a 'redskin' is the scalped head of a native american, sold, like a pelt, for cash

East1600plus
06-26-2014, 12:26 PM
a 'redskin' is the scalped head of a native american, sold, like a pelt, for cash

I know its an off word for a team... but now everything seems off limits and I'm pretty sure redskin just meant Indian...

Smoker145
06-26-2014, 12:39 PM

qUt2YTVrxRc

Warn you he says their name... **** this ****

scotyg
06-26-2014, 12:40 PM
Fuk her.
Better get rid of chief engineer,
Chief executive officer, fire chief, police chief, chief financial officer, and commander in chief while were at it

woody19
06-26-2014, 12:42 PM
<insert Kansas City Chefs Commercial>

hammerfelt
06-26-2014, 12:43 PM
One of the two teams in question should be renamed "The Turd Fergusons"

Vukov
06-26-2014, 12:43 PM
You'd think Darwinism would have killed these phaggots off by now.

MCrow
06-26-2014, 12:46 PM
So now offending someone is a matter of law? Sad stay of affairs we're in bros.

Beliedat
06-26-2014, 12:55 PM
Raiders and Buccaneers have sea faring pirates enraged. This has gone too far.

East1600plus
06-26-2014, 12:59 PM

i'd be pissed if i was a cowboy dont call that team a cowboy that insults us real cowboys

kcadrenalin
06-26-2014, 01:03 PM
The funny thing is the Chiefs name has nothing to do with injuns. Granted, we do call our stadium Arrowhead to the disdain of small rocks everywhere but that's a different story.

SmurfCrusher
06-26-2014, 01:07 PM
I read a bunch of articles about this garbage yesterday, including one written by the woman leading this charge. Liberal America is ruining this country.

There are some differences that will make it much tougher to succeed with action against the Chiefs, manly because their founders nickname was actually "Chief", so the Chiefs will rightly argue their name is not in reference to Native American Tribes.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/sam-mellinger/article618354.html

And, here's the opinion piece by the woman behind this uncalled for bitching.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/local/wp/2014/06/20/suzan-harjo-its-a-victory-for-all-of-us/

dirtdickens
06-26-2014, 01:11 PM
They are already targeting small HS in Ohio with Native American names. They know the schools dont have the money to fight. Knock off some small schools and then moving up the chain.

Thanks Libs.

MCrow
06-26-2014, 01:12 PM
I read a bunch of articles about this garbage yesterday, including one written by the woman leading this charge. Liberal America is ruining this country.

There are some differences that will make it much tougher to succeed with action against the Chiefs, manly because their founders nickname was actually "Chief", so the Chiefs will rightly argue their name is not in reference to Native American Tribes.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/sam-mellinger/article618354.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/local/wp/2014/06/20/suzan-harjo-its-a-victory-for-all-of-us/
Just the normal liberal ideas, make everyone else believe what you believe and God forbid if anyone's feelings get hurt.

Trapstar4.4
06-26-2014, 01:13 PM
actually i thought Chiefs would be the opposite. if a team identifies themselves as "chiefs", i would think they take the associate a "Chief" as strong and whatever other pride filled sentiment

like cowboys, kings, vikings

SouthPaw06
06-26-2014, 01:17 PM
They should change the Chargers name because it could be considered offensive to electricity, or change the 49ers because it could possibly make the number 48 feel inadequate

iamgenus
06-26-2014, 01:24 PM
inb4 lawsuit having US Navy change the title of Master Chief.

SighGR
06-26-2014, 01:26 PM
No it isn't. It literally means red skin, which was used to describe Native Indians. They even referred to themselves as red skins.

outfoxxed
06-26-2014, 01:30 PM

raiders and buccaneers are offending somalians everywhere

MCrow
06-26-2014, 01:34 PM
actually i thought Chiefs would be the opposite. if a team identifies themselves as "chiefs", i would think they take the associate a "Chief" as strong and whatever other pride filled sentiment

like cowboys, kings

That's the part I don't get. Most of these name are chosen because of the precieved strength or other quality the logo represents. My high school used to be the "Indians" with a chief as the mascot/logo. PC crap got out of hand an now they are the "Lakers" given all the lakes in the area.

It would be one thing teams were named "The Redskinned Savages", "Injuns" , or "Uppity Negros" but "Chief" and "Indian" don't strike me as insulting. Redskins is getting a little big close to the line, maybe, I can imagine if their was a team named the "Blacks" it would probably be offensive to some. Still, offending someone or even a lot of people shouldn't be a matter of a lawsuit.

MCrow
06-26-2014, 01:37 PM
No it isn't. It literally means red skin, which was used to describe Native Indians. They even referred to themselves as red skins.

I have some native blood and grew up near a large reservation but never heard anyone refer to Natives as "redskins". However, the full blooded natives with darker skin did sometimes have a redish tint to them in the summer when they darkened up a little in the sun. So, I'm sure that is probably the real meaning behind it, nothing to do with scalps. The scalp thing is probably a liberal's idea of how to make it look worse.

hublife
06-26-2014, 01:39 PM
I'm not a janitor I'm a "custodial technician".

America: Where pussy's ruin everything

krogtaar
06-26-2014, 01:46 PM

that guy's chief nickname is offensive to native americans. where is your god now?

edit: where is your non offensive diety or lack of diety now?

dsync
06-26-2014, 01:47 PM
change the 49ers because it could possibly make the number 48 feel inadequate

Strong history fail.

NeoKantian
06-26-2014, 01:48 PM
They are actually changing it to the Washington Pale Faces.

Lunatic
06-26-2014, 02:06 PM
**** it. New Orleans offends atheists everywhere!

brockm97
06-26-2014, 02:43 PM
A few local highschools around me have changed their team names because they were "offensive". No more indians, no more red raiders.

JMath
06-26-2014, 03:18 PM
Where's the National Association for the Advancement of White People (NAAWP) when you need them! Notre Dame needs to change theirs too. It's offensive and stereotypes the Irish.