PDA

View Full Version : Are these macros requirements good?

EASGK
06-25-2014, 12:12 PM
Hey, I'm new to the forum. Sorry if I have any mistakes with wording, etc. I'm still getting used to the terminology.

Background information: I'm a 14-year old female goalkeeper trying to lose fat and maintain my muscle for right now, and then gain after I lose my fat. I'm trying to get down to about 12-15% body fat no matter how long it takes. I believe I'm starting around 20-25%. I'm 5'7", 145.2 lbs., and I'm active. I do cardio 7 days a week, and I do weightlifting/strength training 4-6 days a week.

Anyway, I'm confused on whether or not these macros are right for me. I set it at 30/40/30 (Carbs, protein, fat) and I allow myself 1,400 calories a day. It seems to be working alright, as I started Monday at 149 and I'm back down to 145.2, but I'm not 100% sure if this is ideal when trying to lose the fat and maintain the muscle I already have.

I have read the stickies as well, but I'm still confused.

Any help is appreciated.

Mrpb
06-25-2014, 12:28 PM
You're 14 years old. Your body needs nutrients to grow. Cutting on 1400 calories sounds like a terrible idea.

snorkelman
06-25-2014, 12:30 PM
The standard formulas are designed for adults, not children. I agree with Mr PB

NeroMaj
06-25-2014, 12:35 PM
I agree with the above posters. You are a young girl who already seems very physically active and knowledgeable about caloric manipulation to change your weight.

The only thing I will add is that doing cardio 7 days a week (you didn't say what kind of cardi you are doing) will make it very hard to maintain muscle mass for anyone, especially females.

EASGK
06-25-2014, 01:27 PM
You're 14 years old. Your body needs nutrients to grow. Cutting on 1400 calories sounds like a terrible idea.

Thanks for the input. What do you think I should make it then?

EASGK
06-25-2014, 01:30 PM
I agree with the above posters. You are a young girl who already seems very physically active and knowledgeable about caloric manipulation to change your weight.

The only thing I will add is that doing cardio 7 days a week (you didn't say what kind of cardi you are doing) will make it very hard to maintain muscle mass for anyone, especially females.

I don't do intense cardio everyday. 3 times a week I do interval, so sprint 20 seconds at 70-90% and jog for a minute at 40-50%, repeat, for a 1.5-2.5 miles. 2 times a week I do strictly sprints or hill runs. 2 times a week I just run a mile or two at my average time.

Mrpb
06-25-2014, 10:55 PM
Thanks for the input. What do you think I should make it then?

Cutting and counting calories at your age (unless you're obese, which you are not) are not a good idea. They can lead to the forming of obsessive ideas and behaviours and possibly an eating disorder.

Can you just eat what your parents give you?

20-25% body fat is a healthy percentage for a woman.

http://www.builtlean.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/body-fat-percentage-picture-men-women.jpg

EASGK
06-26-2014, 11:42 AM
Cutting and counting calories at your age (unless you're obese, which you are not) are not a good idea. They can lead to the forming of obsessive ideas and behaviours and possibly an eating disorder.

Can you just eat what your parents give you?

20-25% body fat is a healthy percentage for a woman.

The problem is I have to cut for the ID camps and national camps, and I have to do it within the next year or so.

Mrpb
06-26-2014, 11:56 AM
The problem is I have to cut for the ID camps and national camps, and I have to do it within the next year or so.

If you really want to cut, which isn't advisable at your age, cut at a small deficit. Try to lose one pound per week max. That's a healthy way to do it for adults.