PDA

View Full Version : 1996 First MJ vs Kobe Game and other awesomeness

Gmoney23
06-21-2014, 12:34 AM
watch?v=Jx9xhHsxukc

Random video to think about something else besides for the offseason for a minute.

Epic game, Bulls were down big. Kukoc caught fire and they pushed OT. Bulls dominated OT.

Game got pretty physical, near fight between Randy Brown and Eddie Jones.

Shaq and Rodman got into it with Shaq shoving Rodman, Jordan & Pip had to restrain Rodman to the point all three fell and started laughing.

Shaq also got clobbered on a play at about the 10 minute mark, Kukoc went to help Shaq up and Pippen slapped Kukoc's hand away.

MJ looking smooth as butter.

Kobe's first game against MJ.

My favorite part of the video is the first time Kobe checks in the game, first play hes guarding MJ near the sideline MJ has his back to him fakes right, spins left and blows past him for the dunk.

What made it even cooler, was slashing to the basket by Kobe was Robert Parish who started his career in the mid 70's. It just blows my mind to think Kobe still in the league currently (problem will face rookies this year who play well into the 2030's) was on the court at the same time with of course Jordan but also an alltime NBA great in Robert Parish who played in the 1970's.

Sports are coool..

AnimalNation
06-21-2014, 06:55 AM
Great link. Best era of the NBA, the 90's. Love dusting off the old Jordan tapes and watching the man himself in action.

hublife
06-21-2014, 08:39 AM
That's weird... there was 7 minutes left and the Bulls were down by "12' but for some reason Michael Jordan wasn't on the bench the rest of the game?

Maybe if it was an elimination game in the finals he'd be sitting on the end of the bench...

Edit - Lakers also led by 13 with 4:30 left to go...

Gmoney23
06-21-2014, 09:57 AM
Tons of HOFers on the floor too.

Kobe
Shaq
Jordan
Pippen
Rodman
Parish

Pjax coaching

I'm not sure on all these but I think Kukoc, Harper, Vanexel, Eddie Jones, and maybe Jerome Kersey all may have been an allstar at one time too.

ThaWorldIsYours
06-21-2014, 10:04 AM
Watched this game live 18 years ago lol

TexasMajor
06-21-2014, 11:07 AM
Del Harris will probably go down as the 3rd WOAT Lakers HC, behind Pringles and Potato.

repped for cool video. srs

hardgainersrs
06-21-2014, 11:40 AM
Wish I had been into basketball back then.

BRB missed prime jordon, Kobe, Shaq and many more

All my early basketball memory's are going to be KD Lebron and a old crippled kobe.

BatteryBro42
06-21-2014, 11:59 AM
I was like 5 lol

BatteryBro42
06-21-2014, 12:02 PM
Do you copy and paste your threads on more forums outside realgm and the misc?

Daewoo_Lanos
06-21-2014, 12:10 PM
That's weird... there was 7 minutes left and the Bulls were down by "12' but for some reason Michael Jordan wasn't on the bench the rest of the game?

Maybe if it was an elimination game in the finals he'd be sitting on the end of the bench...

Edit - Lakers also led by 13 with 4:30 left to go...

strong obession

DasPhilosopher
06-21-2014, 12:12 PM
strong obession

I wanted to respond but i saw your sig. Don't phuck with the illuminati.

Daewoo_Lanos
06-21-2014, 12:33 PM
I wanted to respond but i saw your sig. Don't phuck with the illuminati.

strong obsession

Gmoney23
06-21-2014, 04:09 PM
Do you copy and paste your threads on more forums outside realgm and the misc?

Nah, those are pretty much my two favorite forums besides for a couple baseball/football forums.

I did post this thread in RealGM as well, and seems to have been pretty well regarded in both forums.

chitown70
06-22-2014, 12:36 AM
Twas a magical time. Cot damn it was magical. Where a damn tissue when I need one

ShweezyBTFO
06-22-2014, 01:07 AM
in on rapist v. degenerate gambler circle jerk thread

LetMeBang
06-22-2014, 01:47 AM
forgot that this lakers team was stacked with van exel, jones, shaq, horry, scott and good young players like kobe, fisher

Deeeluxe20
06-22-2014, 02:12 AM
damn Nick da quick was just draining shots too. Never realized how much he looks like Anderson Silva lol

There's a reason why the Bulls only loss 10 games that season, they had that heart.

FGCHENG
06-22-2014, 02:31 AM
Strong nostalgia watching that video. Rodman is special man.. lol @ 0 points and almost 20 rebounds. I remember every time he made a shot or made a free throw, he'd celebrate like he just made a game winning shot. There is only one Rodman, he was special. Most entertaining player in nba history imo.

Also if I remember correctly.. this Lakers team was like Jordan's nemesis. I remember Bulls dominating every team in the league except the Lakers. Yes I was a bandwagon Bulls (Jordan) fan and I admit it.

Gmoney23
06-22-2014, 12:35 PM
damn Nick da quick was just draining shots too. Never realized how much he looks like Anderson Silva lol

There's a reason why the Bulls only loss 10 games that season, they had that heart.

They actually won 69 games this year.. 72 was the year before. So close to back to back 70 win seasons but Phil rested the team up during a loss at the end of year :(

Gmoney23
06-22-2014, 12:40 PM
Strong nostalgia watching that video. Rodman is special man.. lol @ 0 points and almost 20 rebounds. I remember every time he made a shot or made a free throw, he'd celebrate like he just made a game winning shot. There is only one Rodman, he was special. Most entertaining player in nba history imo.

Also if I remember correctly.. this Lakers team was like Jordan's nemesis. I remember Bulls dominating every team in the league except the Lakers. Yes I was a bandwagon Bulls (Jordan) fan and I admit it.

The Shaq & Kobe Lakers were 2-2 over the 97 and 98 seasons against the Jordan Bulls.

I dont have the stats but I remember the Rockets gave us a tough time in the mid to late 90s and even blew us out a couple times.

khanvictt
06-22-2014, 12:57 PM
ho lee fukk.

imagine if you were to tell PJax right there that he'd win a few more rings with his current squad and then coach that lakers team and win five more titles.

Gmoney23
06-22-2014, 12:59 PM
ho lee fukk.

imagine if you were to tell PJax right there that he'd win a few more rings with his current squad and then coach that lakers team and win five more titles.

Maybe the zenmaster knew all along..

pro9298
06-22-2014, 01:51 PM
Wish I had been into basketball back then.

BRB missed prime jordon, Kobe, Shaq and many more

All my early basketball memory's are going to be KD Lebron and a old crippled kobe.

thats why we have clips on youtube these days. you dont have to really miss much. you just have to find the clips and see them.