PDA

View Full Version : Going to Vegas...Which Cirque du Soleil would you recommend MJ or O

Frnkd
06-19-2014, 07:27 PM
Cant wait to go to Las Vegas next week......its been 2 years since.
Im debating, I love Cirque du Soleil. The new Michael Jackson have opened, Ive seen Ka, and Mystere. have not seen O and am debating
MJ or O.

any thoughts?

djflex
06-19-2014, 07:32 PM
Never been to either, but have fun man

Corbi
06-19-2014, 07:51 PM
Im debating, I love Cirque du Soleil. The new Michael Jackson have opened, Ive seen Ka, and Mystere. have not seen O and am debating
MJ or O.

any thoughts?

Saw Mystere and loved it, haven't seen any of the others but O gets rave reviews.

acrawlingchaos
06-19-2014, 08:21 PM
Zumanity if it's playing. It was at the New York and was a smaller more intimate show. It is the only cabaret / burlesque show they do.

It was interesting to see two topless women doing synchronized swimming in an oversized martini glass.

Edit:
Ka sucked.

StressMonkey
06-19-2014, 08:53 PM
I've seen Ka, O, and Mystere and loved them all, but I thought that O was the best show by far. No contest.

eagon06
06-19-2014, 08:54 PM
Beatles first and foremost! And then Zumanity. If you are stuck on those two, do Michael because I think it's limited time?

frozensparky
06-19-2014, 09:39 PM
I've seen O, mystere, mj and Chris angel (which I don't count because it sucked). Mystere is my favorite for acrobatics but I did love mj. There is a one legged dancer that steals the show and if you grew up with Michael Jackson music you will really enjoy it.

EDIT: just noticed your debating O and MJ which in that case I would go to MJ.

Oceanside
06-19-2014, 09:43 PM
the woman acrobatics in cirque are really little monkeys dressed up like humans.

Phattso
06-20-2014, 06:20 AM
I watched Cirque du Soleil on TV a couple years ago and had to get up to pee about five times :(

mcbourque
06-20-2014, 06:35 AM
I'm amazed at how far they've come.
Cirque du Soleil started in my hometown of Québec City as a really small open air circus/street performers. We used to go to their shows for free during summer festival as teenagers.

Then somehow they got huge.

Last year, they came back to their roots and offered a free outdoor show all summer in the old city part by the river when I went to visit my mom.

I got to bring my boys along with their Québec cousins. My kids had never seen it before - too expensive in Seattle. Not only was it free, but they let us with kids come in first in special seats reserved for families.

Under the stars - did all their stunts hanging from cranes - pretty amazing. It was nice they gave back to the city that way.

x-trainer ben
06-20-2014, 10:00 AM
MJ or O.

any thoughts?

plug this into google and watch the vids:

Cirque du Soleil o video

I saw the MJ show here in DC and it was awesome because i enjoy his music; i found the Beatles show a little odd based on not being as familiar with the music. either way you cant go wrong

Frnkd
06-20-2014, 11:25 AM
Never been to either, but have fun man

Gotta go before you die.....LOL

Saw Mystere and loved it, haven't seen any of the others but O gets rave reviews.

Mystere was my first cirque enjoyed it immensely

Zumanity if it's playing. It was at the New York and was a smaller more intimate show. It is the only cabaret / burlesque show they do.

It was interesting to see two topless women doing synchronized swimming in an oversized martini glass.
Edit:
Ka sucked.

I heard its a great show, just not a very family friendly one...... :)
Ka story line was weak, but the effects was mind boggling.

I've seen Ka, O, and Mystere and loved them all, but I thought that O was the best show by far. No contest.
As much as I wanted to see O, family wants to see MJ now......thanks for the recommendation. :)

Beatles first and foremost! And then Zumanity. If you are stuck on those two, do Michael because I think it's limited time?
thanks, and family decided MJ, though I am determined to see O the next time.

I've seen O, mystere, mj and Chris angel (which I don't count because it sucked). Mystere is my favorite for acrobatics but I did love mj. There is a one legged dancer that steals the show and if you grew up with Michael Jackson music you will really enjoy it.

EDIT: just noticed your debating O and MJ which in that case I would go to MJ.
Thanks, family says MJ, O next time. That's what is amazing is the physicality of the performers...... When I went to Mystere, I was taken aback when during intermission in the lobby the quite a few performers came out...... to smoke.

the woman acrobatics in cirque are really little monkeys dressed up like humans.
Planet of the apes?

I watched Cirque du Soleil on TV a couple years ago and had to get up to pee about five times :(
hahahaha..... that intense huh?

I'm amazed at how far they've come.
Cirque du Soleil started in my hometown of Québec City as a really small open air circus/street performers. We used to go to their shows for free during summer festival as teenagers.

Then somehow they got huge.

Last year, they came back to their roots and offered a free outdoor show all summer in the old city part by the river when I went to visit my mom.

I got to bring my boys along with their Québec cousins. My kids had never seen it before - too expensive in Seattle. Not only was it free, but they let us with kids come in first in special seats reserved for families.

Under the stars - did all their stunts hanging from cranes - pretty amazing. It was nice they gave back to the city that way.

did not know the back story of Cirque de Soleil..... they are all over the place now in Las Vegas.

plug this into google and watch the vids:

Cirque du Soleil o video

I saw the MJ show here in DC and it was awesome because i enjoy his music; i found the Beatles show a little odd based on not being as familiar with the music. either way you cant go wrong

Yeah, family decided on MJ.

Thank you all for the reviews, comments and recommendations.

StressMonkey
06-21-2014, 06:39 AM
Let us know what you think of it.

I want to see MJ, Beatles Love, and Zarkana next time I'm there.

Frnkd
06-21-2014, 10:16 AM

Will do

Frnkd
07-03-2014, 01:36 PM

Saw MJ the other night, and WOW, first of all its not the typical Cirque that I am familiar with. I mean lots of acrobatics. but the use of original MJ clips and performances intermingled with the acts was very well done IMO. If you are familiar with Americas Got Talent, as few seasons have shown groups that use back light and shadows, there is a part of the performance that have incorporated that technique, I found it very effective and moving.

Funny because the real circus performers seem to all be Chinese acrobats, odd seeing them doing their thing using MJ soundtracks. But as usual very Cirque.

Whats different too is the number of dance segments, amazing.

Just knowing most of the songs that was used too makes it enjoyable.

DocHoss
07-03-2014, 02:22 PM
See everyone? What did I tell you about where Hawaiians go for vacation!

Frnkd
07-03-2014, 10:50 PM
See everyone? What did I tell you about where Hawaiians go for vacation!

YUP the 9th Island......Las Vegas.

go downtown and guarantee you goin' meet somebody you know!!

Oh yeah, its the 4th of July weekend and I think every Californian just drove up here.....

:D

StressMonkey
07-04-2014, 11:19 AM
Glad you had fun.

I also want to go see Le Reve at the Wynne. It's by an ex-Cirque guy.