PDA

View Full Version : So I got the boat...

drudixon
06-18-2014, 07:59 PM
And absolutely love it. Keeping it slipped is the best 100 a month ever spent. So far been put 2 or 3 times a week for the past two months. I need to teach my girlfriend to drive so I can get more wakeboarding time. Anyway, this is from a while ago.

BMBobRWi08o

I'm having cataract surgery in July so I expect to see where the wake is better and start doing tricks.

Anyway, posting as a follow up to the poll I did on if I should get it or not.

Jtbny
06-18-2014, 08:01 PM
I must need the surgery too because I see no boat in the vid....just some bodybuilder being dragged along the water before he eats it....and a finger.

:D

Looks like fun Dru!

highiso
06-18-2014, 08:03 PM
Sweet Dru but what kind of boat? I wake boarded 2 years ago for the first time and wrenched my SI joint. I said screw it I'm too old for that. And where you been?

Flounderbout
06-19-2014, 05:17 AM
And absolutely love it. Keeping it slipped is the best 100 a month ever spent. So far been put 2 or 3 times a week for the past two months. I need to teach my girlfriend to drive so I can get more wakeboarding time. Anyway, this is from a while ago.

BMBobRWi08o

I'm having cataract surgery in July so I expect to see where the wake is better and start doing tricks.

Anyway, posting as a follow up to the poll I did on if I should get it or not.

Nothing like a front edge to wake you up in the morning... :D
Good call on the boat Dru!

ajdahlheimer
06-19-2014, 05:44 AM
Sweet Dru but what kind of boat? I wake boarded 2 years ago for the first time and wrenched my SI joint. I said screw it I'm too old for that. And where you been?

Yeah, I can't even DRIVE a jet ski w/o my neck hurting for days afterwards. Sucks getting old.

mcbourque
06-19-2014, 06:13 AM
That's awesome! Congrats. And yes, what did you get?

SteveWright1
06-19-2014, 06:23 AM
congrats Skipper

what you name her?

tell me its the black pearl?

Phattso
06-19-2014, 06:37 AM
Awesome. I agree with others - need pics of boat, please :)

Sounds good, though.

drudixon
06-19-2014, 08:48 AM
Here's the pics. My favorite thing to do is beach it and hang with friends. Of course, the extra beer isn't too helpful... LOL.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7035401&d=1403189280
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7035411&d=1403189283

drudixon
06-19-2014, 08:53 AM
Awesome. I agree with others - need pics of boat, please :)

Sounds good, though.

Done! Way too much fun, hurting my lifting schedule... lol

congrats Skipper

what you name her?

tell me its the black pearl?

Her name is Helen Keller, as chosen by a friend of mine. You may see her, but she won't see you... LOL.

That's awesome! Congrats. And yes, what did you get? Thanks! 2012 Bayliner 195. 4.8l mercruiser 19.5", swim platform, yada yada. Lover her!

Yeah, I can't even DRIVE a jet ski w/o my neck hurting for days afterwards. Sucks getting old.

That face plant in the video hurt my neck for days... Since then, I've learned to ski when it's less choppy and to let go of the rope.

Nothing like a front edge to wake you up in the morning... :D
Good call on the boat Dru!

No sh!t lol. That one hurt. I've gotten much better since. When the boat is planed out, the chop is much better, unless the lake is crowded, so getting used to that aspect.

You should do it again! at 15mph, it's hard to get too wrecked. I absolutely love it, and a great workout too, my thighs burn after 5 minutes or so every time.

I must need the surgery too because I see no boat in the vid....just some bodybuilder being dragged along the water before he eats it....and a finger.

:D

Looks like fun Dru!

LOL douchebag! Come to Atlanta and hang. It's way fun.

superb74
06-19-2014, 08:53 AM
Nice! Boating life is the only life!

Here's a pic of my money pit.

ChazWood
06-19-2014, 09:05 AM
Very nice Dru, looks like fun. :)

http://i.imgur.com/POlZ5VS.jpg

danap3681
06-19-2014, 09:07 AM
Nice boat. We spend all of the summer on the river here hanging out on the sand bars. Lots of people and always a good time. Hubs doesn't wakeboard but does ski. You should try it behind a Nitro Z9 with a Mercury 250 ;) LOL!

Enjoy it!

ajdahlheimer
06-19-2014, 09:12 AM
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/zi5AO72E420/0.jpg

beachguy498
06-19-2014, 09:13 AM
As a former boat owner, the 2 best days of your life are the day you get the boat and the day you get rid of the boat. I measure poverty in terms of things like boats and stock cars.

Seriously, have fun with it. Nothing better than being out on the water on a hot summer day especially with kids. These are the days that they will always look back upon.

Rob

drudixon
06-19-2014, 09:28 AM
Nice boat. We spend all of the summer on the river here hanging out on the sand bars. Lots of people and always a good time. Hubs doesn't wakeboard but does ski. You should try it behind a Nitro Z9 with a Mercury 250 ;) LOL!

Enjoy it!

Those bass boats are crazy. Saw a guy about flip his the other day. He was full throttle and took it right behind a cruiser. Front end was practically straight up in the air.

Phattso
06-19-2014, 09:39 AM
Very nice pleasure cruiser. What lake is that? Very scenic.

highiso
06-19-2014, 09:46 AM
You should do it again! at 15mph, it's hard to get too wrecked. I absolutely love it, and a great workout too, my thighs burn after 5 minutes or so every time.

No thanks, I snowboard and take some pretty big risks each winter, i don't need another sport that could potentially take me out of the gym. :D

danap3681
06-19-2014, 09:47 AM
Those bass boats are crazy. Saw a guy about flip his the other day. He was full throttle and took it right behind a cruiser. Front end was practically straight up in the air.

Yeah my husband fishes ALOT of bass tournaments and when they blast off it is all about getting to the best holes first. It worries me because it is so many boats on the water jockeying for a good spot. His theory has always been...He who has the fastest boat shall get to fish the hole first"

Sometimes he likes to run it pretty damn fast with me in the boat. Feels like nothing but the prop is in the water. Lucky for me I have some "Whoa Dammit" bars I can hang on to :D

mcbourque
06-19-2014, 12:32 PM
It's a beauty :) really!
Lots of fun ahead!

(And please don't mix beer with boating. Seen too many deaths related to that - stay smart.)

trickyB
06-19-2014, 01:28 PM
Good for you Dru! I picked up a new Ranger 621VS myself last week. Life is good!

Jtbny
06-19-2014, 01:59 PM
Dru if I move back down to Florida I'll so come let you drag me around the back of that thing :D