PDA

View Full Version : Cpl. William “Kyle” Carpenter - Overcoming Obstacles

ChazWood
06-18-2014, 12:28 PM
I expect that most Americans already know Cpl. Carpenter's story. I only heard about him today and wanted to share this here for those who don't know about Kyle.

Next time you're feeling sorry for yourself because your elbow hurts or some $hit, watch this video:

uPJ97amJzmk

If you're not aware, here's more of Kyle's amazing story:

o6EjKjJpdP4

Cpl. Kyle Carpenter to be awarded Medal of Honor (http://www.stripes.com/news/marine-corps/former-marine-cpl-kyle-carpenter-to-be-awarded-the-medal-of-honor-1.283944)

Kyle receives his Medal of Honor Tomorrow - June 19th.

eomrat
06-18-2014, 01:43 PM
Sadly, I can assure you that very, very few Americans have ever heard of CPL Carpenter, nor would they care much. We tend to sneak our wounded and dead back into the country. Doing so makes it easier for our cowards and war pigs in Congress to feel good about their decisions to send other peoples sons and daughters to war. For the vast, vast majority of Americans, war is something that happens to someone else. That's how we became a nation of chickenhawks.

We need something like your "Highway of Heroes", which is but one of many things about your country that make Canada such a marvelous place and Canadians such a marvelous people.

mcbourque
06-18-2014, 04:06 PM
What a brave young man. Thank you for sharing Chaz. I also didn't know about him.
It takes quite a lot of character for someone to act like this. I just can't imagine. He has a very inspiring attitude.

ChazWood
06-18-2014, 04:37 PM
Sadly, I can assure you that very, very few Americans have ever heard of CPL Carpenter, nor would they care much.
That's really a shame my friend. Kyle's an inspiring young man with an amazing attitude and I expect many would benefit from hearing his story.

This clip is well worth the 8mins.

PFYZCUxhWl8

What a brave young man. Thank you for sharing Chaz. I also didn't know about him.
It takes quite a lot of character for someone to act like this. I just can't imagine. He has a very inspiring attitude.

You're most welcome. :)

so-tex
06-18-2014, 05:16 PM
Sadly, I can assure you that very, very few Americans have ever heard of CPL Carpenter, nor would they care much. We tend to sneak our wounded and dead back into the country. Doing so makes it easier for our cowards and war pigs in Congress to feel good about their decisions to send other peoples sons and daughters to war. For the vast, vast majority of Americans, war is something that happens to someone else. That's how we became a nation of chickenhawks.

We need something like your "Highway of Heroes", which is but one of many things about your country that make Canada such a marvelous place and Canadians such a marvelous people.Doug, I know his story well, but I agree with you. Your post is spot on as usual.

Thanks for sharing Chaz.

Cass40
06-18-2014, 05:45 PM
Thanks for sharing. I watched all the clips. He seems like a great guy, and his family seems amazing too.

jeffaus
06-18-2014, 05:52 PM
Unfortunately I cant open vids from where I am, but read the story. An amazing feat of bravery and even more amazing that he survived.

thomashenry
06-19-2014, 11:55 AM
Just watched the Ceremony , God Speed Young Man

Wayne Evans
06-19-2014, 11:57 AM
His commemoration just finished up.

An outstanding example of personal character, self sacrifice and courage under fire.
It's hard for me to describe my sense of respect for this exemplary Marine in mere words.

Carry on....

Big_Sky_Guy
06-19-2014, 12:31 PM
Outstanding

whatevergirl
06-19-2014, 03:53 PM
What a selfless, remarkable man! I'm grateful you shared this...thank you.

V-240
06-19-2014, 09:45 PM
Awesome.