PDA

View Full Version : HIIT Cardio + Strength Training

Tai1001
06-15-2014, 03:25 PM
Hi Guys,

I'm pretty new to body building. I want to reduce my body fat percentage to 10% from 23%.

Can someone tell me how can I improve it?

Supplements:

1) BCAA
2) L-Carnitine
3) CLA
4) Green Tea Extract

Diet:
60% Protein
20% Carbs
20% Fat

Workout Routine:

Daily - 30 Mins HIIT Cardio

-------Day 1: Chest + Tricep
-------Day 2: ABS + Legs
-------Day 3: Back + Bicep
-------Day 4: ABS + chest
-------Day 5: LEGS
-------Day 6: Abs + Shoulders

Please advise if there is anything wrong/problems and how I can improve

Thanks guys

AGreekOR
06-15-2014, 03:34 PM
You won't be able to do HITT every day.

Tai1001
06-15-2014, 03:37 PM
how come?? :/ :S

AGreekOR
06-15-2014, 04:06 PM

Once you do it, you'll see why. It's High Intensity for a reason. You'd burn yourself out in less than two weeks probably.

You're already doing Legs twice a week, I wouldn't do HITT more than 2-3 times.

It's all about Diet, just make sure you meet you're deficit and you'll lose the fat regardless of how much cardio you do.

Mysterion27
06-15-2014, 04:33 PM
I recently started doing hiit twice a week on my rest days and it totally destroyed me . Part of me is convinced it couldnt of ben the hiit because i thought two 30min sessions a week would be fine but a week after starting it, My strength decreased and i had 0 energy on lifting days! I gave up doing hit and a week later strength started to return! Ironically alot of people around here seem to recommend hiit BUT i reckon alot of people are not doing true hiit cardio

SiZzLaX
06-15-2014, 10:01 PM
I was doing HIIT daily for a week last year and my tendons started hurting like crazy in my feet/calves. had to stop cardio period till I healed up.

JTTK
06-15-2014, 10:12 PM
Up your carbs man. You need fuel to lift. I'm not a fan of low carb diets in general. But if you want to HIIT everyday you need them. You can also try out tabata, less hard than HIIT.

Tai1001
06-16-2014, 04:31 AM
Thanks for the input guys! I will up the carbs and cut the HIIT - focus more on the lifting. (y)

Christo1987
06-16-2014, 05:35 AM
Hi Guys,

I'm pretty new to body building. I want to reduce my body fat percentage to 10% from 23%.

Can someone tell me how can I improve it?

Supplements:

1) BCAA
2) L-Carnitine
3) CLA
4) Green Tea Extract

Diet:
60% Protein
20% Carbs
20% Fat

Workout Routine:

Daily - 30 Mins HIIT Cardio

-------Day 1: Chest + Tricep
-------Day 2: ABS + Legs
-------Day 3: Back + Bicep
-------Day 4: ABS + chest
-------Day 5: LEGS
-------Day 6: Abs + Shoulders

Please advise if there is anything wrong/problems and how I can improve

Thanks guys

Those macros won't help you, eat 1g/protein per lb of body weight, 0.5g of healthy fat per lb of bodyweight, and make the rest of the calories up from carbs, you'll probably be looking at around:

40% carbs
30% protein
30% fat

I'm cutting and I can only do cardio 3-4x a week, with 4x lifting sessions per week.

MyNameIsMud91
06-16-2014, 08:46 AM
Don't split your macros into percentages.
There are only two essential macronutrients our body needs which is protein and fat. They should be your number one priority to get.
Protein, anywhere in the vicinity of .8-1.5g per lb of LBM and for fat, usually around .45g per lb of bodyweight.

You also didn't mention once about your calorie intake. Only if it is under your TDEE, then it will dictate fat loss.

Doing a bit of guess work here, judging by your stats, with moderate activity levels, you could be burning anywhere in the vicinity of 2700-3000 cals a day.
As long as you're under that, you'll lose.
Get your fats and proteins in first. You'll still have a lot of calories left over to play with. Fill them in with carbs or more fats and protein. Or if you wish, you don't have to use them at all.

Tai1001
06-16-2014, 12:48 PM
Don't split your macros into percentages.
There are only two essential macronutrients our body needs which is protein and fat. They should be your number one priority to get.
Protein, anywhere in the vicinity of .8-1.5g per lb of LBM and for fat, usually around .45g per lb of bodyweight.

You also didn't mention once about your calorie intake. Only if it is under your TDEE, then it will dictate fat loss.

Doing a bit of guess work here, judging by your stats, with moderate activity levels, you could be burning anywhere in the vicinity of 2700-3000 cals a day.
As long as you're under that, you'll lose.
Get your fats and proteins in first. You'll still have a lot of calories left over to play with. Fill them in with carbs or more fats and protein. Or if you wish, you don't have to use them at all.

Hi,

Yes that is correct, my calorie intake is around 1500-1700. I'm not sure how to calculate how many calories I have burnt. But during my 30 min HIIT session (2 sessions 1st is 20min 2nd one is 10mins) your looking at around 500-600 in total. Then I do the strength training. 3 sets, 2 sets with 15 reps minimum, last set is till failure.

Sorry for any silly questions - I'm pretty new

Thanks for your input guys!! Really appreciate it!

Tai

AGreekOR
06-16-2014, 05:08 PM
I recently started doing hiit twice a week on my rest days and it totally destroyed me . Part of me is convinced it couldnt of ben the hiit because i thought two 30min sessions a week would be fine but a week after starting it, My strength decreased and i had 0 energy on lifting days! I gave up doing hit and a week later strength started to return! Ironically alot of people around here seem to recommend hiit BUT i reckon alot of people are not doing true hiit cardio

30 minutes is to long for HITT anyways. If you're really doing HITT you're going to be dead tired after 15 minutes.

MyNameIsMud91
06-16-2014, 07:03 PM
Hi,

Yes that is correct, my calorie intake is around 1500-1700. I'm not sure how to calculate how many calories I have burnt. But during my 30 min HIIT session (2 sessions 1st is 20min 2nd one is 10mins) your looking at around 500-600 in total. Then I do the strength training. 3 sets, 2 sets with 15 reps minimum, last set is till failure.

Sorry for any silly questions - I'm pretty new

Thanks for your input guys!! Really appreciate it!

Tai

Better to ask questions and look like a noob then do it your way only to look like an idiot cause you were doing it wrong!

One more question though is how do you know you're eating 1500-1700 calories? Are you reading the nutrition info on the packs correctly? Are you weighing your foods correctly? Are you counting fluids and condiments?
Just asking because the LF forums are literally flooded by people asking why they aren't losing weight when they tell us they aren't even counting calories or not weighing out their sauces or milk etc ...

Tai1001
06-17-2014, 04:37 PM
Better to ask questions and look like a noob then do it your way only to look like an idiot cause you were doing it wrong!

One more question though is how do you know you're eating 1500-1700 calories? Are you reading the nutrition info on the packs correctly? Are you weighing your foods correctly? Are you counting fluids and condiments?
Just asking because the LF forums are literally flooded by people asking why they aren't losing weight when they tell us they aren't even counting calories or not weighing out their sauces or milk etc ...

Yes I calorie count lol - I use this website that tells me what my daily foods are etc. When I cook I cook based on the nutrition info. I am loosing weight but my diet is good I would say. I want to gain lean mass and shed the excess fat.